• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO Blue Burst Beta Client

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Favorite genres:
Sonic

Uh, I'm not disabling my foreign language input just to play PSO. Fuck it then.

Alex

I got about...45-60k per second, I downloaded it while going about my errands. Managed to get done by the time I was home.

Does anyone wanna play?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
My Radeon card is acting up lately, dunno if it will be able to handle anything 3D right now. :(

I signed up just now as Folken(figure it would be easy for oldtimers to spot me), and hopefully I'll see some of ya if my PC is stable.

Andy787

Banned
Downloaded the client and registered at Sega's site, but when I go to start game, it tells me I haven't downloaded or executed the patch correctly, or something.

I'll play if it connects tomorrow. :( PSO rox.

Brandon F

Umm...why can't I use my keyboard to type anything in at the log-in screen? USB 2.0 not supported or something?

Brandon F

Thanks, got the password entered, but now I am getting the same patch error message as Andy787 above.

Grrr...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, attempting to dl the torrent, it's a wee bit on the slow side. I've already registered.

Perhaps, Deathmaker will walk once again, MWHAHAerrr :/

Kuroyume

Banned
john tv said:
Episode IV? Yes? No?

What are new in BB?
http://www.psobb.com/guide/index.php
Is a good place to check out. (Basically new team formations, functions, content) As well Episode IV will be released with Blue Burst some time in the future.

More so...
Government/Lab quests will be available which provide a bigger insight into the main storyline.

A bigger indepth explanation of Government/Lab Quests.
Here is a complete list of Government/Lab Quests along with which areas you will visit for that quest.

Episode I
1-1 Forest 1&2
1-2 Forest 1&2
1-3 Forest 1&2&Dragon
2-1 Caves 1
2-2 Caves 1&2
2-3 Caves 2&3
2-4 Caves 1&2&3&Del Rol Le
3-1 Mines 1
3-2 Mines 2
3-3 Mines 1&2&Boss
4-1 Mines 2& Ruins 1
4-2 Ruins 2
4-3 Ruins 3
4-4 Ruins 1&2
4-5 Ruins 1&2&3&Dark Falz

Episode II
5-1 VR Temple Alpha
5-2 VR Temple Beta
5-3 VR Temple Alpha&Beta
5-4 VR Temple Alpha&Beta (Time Attack!)
5-5 VR Temple Alpha&Beta&Barba Ray
6-1 VR Spaceship Alpha
6-2 VR Spaceship Beta
6-3 VR Spaceship Alpha&Beta
6-4 VR Spaceship Alpha&Beta (Time Attack!)
6-5 VR Spaceship Alpha&Beta&Gol Dragon
7-1 Jungle North&East
7-2 Jungle East & Mountain
7-3 Mountain & Seaside
7-4 Central Control Area
7-5 Jungle North&East & Mountain & Seaside & Central Control Area & Gal Gryphon
8-1 Seabed Upper Levels
8-2 Seabed Lower Levels
8-3 Seabed Upper&Lower Levels & Olga Flow

Episode IV
9-1 Wilds Eastern Route
9-2 Wilds Western Route
9-3 Wilds Southern Route
9-4 Wilds Northern Route & Crater Interior
9-5 Crater Interior & Subterranean Desert 1
9-6 Subterranean Desert 2
9-7 Subterranean Desert 3
9-8 Subterranean Desert 1&2&3 & Santemillion/Kondoryuu

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=518&start=0

Soul4ger

This game is awesome. I'm happy I downloaded it like five days ago in anticipation. Hah, I'm more excited about this than other, new games. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
i'll play this later this week. hopefully you guys haven't uber-leveled by the time i start :|

siege

Banned
Downloading it now. I never really liked PSO on Dreamcast (the last time I played it,) but the beta is free so I'll give it another shot.

neptunes

segamoron7zk.jpg

:(

Alex

I played a ton, got to level 12 tonight.

1. This is the best version of PSO. Seriously, the integrated storymode into multiplayer is cool, and the arrange mode provides some VERY nice level layouts and additional story.

2. Item drops are so, so much more reasonable this time around, they cleaned this up greatly

3. Amazing how well this six year old game stands up on the PC. Still looks really good, especially the underwater caves bit

4. This is deservedly in beta, I experienced server hiccups (entire lobbies full of games getting dropped all at once, not just me ) 3 or 4 times. It seems to be down for maintence (or it was an extended hiccup) atm.

Alex

Wanna go back when it's done? I'm not sure about your schedule, but I don't have work tommorow. I'm hooked again! Damn you Sega!

kiryogi

Banned
Alex said:
No kids allowed, Kir.
Ah screw you. shes at least a teenager this time! I don't mind if you want to be the master either, we just need to form a team! After all there was some promotion about the first team beating falz will get a wallpaper of them featured on the PSOBB site and whatnot!

Shouta

Hey Alex, you gonna be playing this much? I might try some out again (even if I hate the combat system) to play with ya some again =P.

Alex

Yeah, probably a lot (well, compared to old versions,I was a pretty tame player). Even past beta, I intend to keep going.

I'm determined to get as close to maxing out my character as possible, it's just a goal I always wished I could meet. Especially since I really didn't get my moneys worth out of the GC or Xbox versions, heh.

The highest I've gotten was like 65-70 though, back when I duo'd with Frag on the DC version. I'm gonna at LEAST make it to ultimate mode this time.

Top Bottom