• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO Blue Burst Beta Client

Shouta

Alright, I'll download this tonight then. It'll be good to play with you again, assuming you don't jump servers like you did last time we played something together =P.

Alex

Man, when is this thing going back up?

Shouta said:
Alright, I'll download this tonight then. It'll be good to play with you again, assuming you don't jump servers like you did last time we played something together =P.

Hey hey, remember when I lent you 5000 gil in FFXI beta? Well, this is a beta too, so I want it back. I expect to see you working.

Seriously though, there was no way I could've handled my entire retail experience with what was the early formation of that linkshell. Way too much of a GAF overload. Although, I probably would've been better off staying on some level. Midgard was weird, all I had were part time linkshells, and I wound up in a static with some Japanese lady's WHM. That was an interesting final few months.

Man, I hope XI-2 is more manageable. I wish I had the time to play it still.

kiryogi

Banned
Alex said:

Hey hey, remember when I lent you 5000 gil in FFXI beta? Well, this is a beta too, so I want it back. I expect to see you working.

Seriously though, there was no way I could've handled my entire retail experience with what was the early formation of that linkshell. Way too much of a GAF overload. Although, I probably would've been better off staying on some level. Midgard was weird, all I had were part time linkshells, and I wound up in a static with some Japanese lady's WHM. That was an interesting final few months.

Haha @ shouta!

Tho to note, yea it's been at least an hour past when sega stated servers will be back up. Tho the odd thing is when they said it was down, we were still able to log on....

Shouta

Alex said:

Funny part is, most of the GAF folk dropped off the radar pretty quickly (like every game that GAF members play in groups from FFXI to WoW to PSO to anything you name). You should've known that =P.

kiryogi said:
Haha @ shouta!

What the hell are you laughing about? =P He's the one that got the short end of the stick (more or less).

Alex

I didn't play WoW with GAF. I kept considering going to try it out with Tre here and MAF, but eh, I just couldnt formulate the effort.

As for PSO, they did back in the day! Yknow, back when GAF was still cool man. I used to play with Frag's bat looking girl, Riddler's whore looking girl, MrBob with that stupid ass green afro and uh, other people I can't remember! Oh, and MAF and his dippy robot. That was the best though, so fun to mock his keyboardless follies.

Alex

I can slightly remember you and Lonestar Tre. That was long ago, but I've not entirely lost my mind! It was a hoot back then.

Sadly, I'm also reminded of the fact that my old Hunter looked like Kiryogi's current one. I'm cool as shit now. I got the eyepatch going and everything. Pirate Hunter rocks... Well, not really, I'm still fruity looking, but hey, I got an eyepatch!

Sucks that the servers are still down, bleh. It's hard to mock Sega though... I mean, it's Sega. They have enough problems. The guy on the bike attached to the generator probably got tired is all.

Koshiro

So I get it downloaded from fileplanet, limber up for some old school PSO action and oh. The servers are down. Well. Um. Yup.

I guess I'll go install Half Life 2 CE then.

goodcow

Well, it's reassuring to see Sonic Team continue their post-Dreamcast era tradition of failure, as the game keeps crashing before I can even connect:

blue_burst_go_sonic_team_go.png

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I was playing for a bit. But the controls are horrible. I'm gonna try and get my gamepad working cause there is no way I could play this game for long with just the keyboard or mouse.
Plus I couldn't do any missons in the solo part of the game other than one that sent me to Caves2 (at level 1 that's kinda.... well, wrong) or some festival.

teiresias

Finally, the torrent picked up speed and I just installed and played a little of forest - and got my ass handed to me by some freaking bear-things!! Geez!

I tried to replicate my old DC V1 character "Teiresias" and came pretty close. Maybe I'll play some more tonight after I work on my take-home exam. Looks like the month long beta of this is going to knock off Guild Wars for a while.

Yeah, the controls are pretty rancid, but the default gamepad controls map pretty well by default to a PS2 controller on a PS USB Converter, though you have to let go of the controller to do technique shortcuts obviously. I've just got to remember how to play this game because that was an embarrasing two battles (granted no one else was in the game, lol).

DC V1 release and playing with all of the GAF members was an absolute blast at the time, and my first real online gaming experience (unless you count some old mystery game available on the old Prodigy ISP service).

desa

All that time playing yesterday wasted. I was level 11 yesterday. Now I'm 2. Damn you sega, bu I still love you.

Alex

No, it's just still down. I looked at the PSOBB board really quick, and an admid said they were gonna try and have it back up around 1:00 PM PST.

Flo_Evans

the torrent is working for me (slowly) hope I can get it all before I leave work. I'll leave it up all night, I have crappy upload, but every little bit helps right?

so what else do you need for this beta? just a free registration at seganet?

I don't see how this game is having so many problems already here? I mean it's been out in japan for over a year. They shouldve had the servers ready to meet the demand for it on day 1. This should be no surprise to them.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm up to level 4 now. Controller works so much better. Game looks awesome with 32 bit colour at 800x600 resolution. I get some a really weak draw distance but nothing too bad.

Top Bottom