• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO Blue Burst Beta Client

Alex

Server go down?

Anyhow, I'm not irked about content just yet. Still gotta take my second character back to thirty, finish all the single player quests, and hopefully we can band together to polish off some of those obscene multi quests.

That movie one is really fun, and probably the most unique PSO quest I've played, but damn if it ain't ridiculously difficult.

Desa: I'm kinda lost with my force, is it ok to force feed the mag Monofluids until I can regularly afford Di's? Also, how much should I be nuking compared to buffing/healing?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Is anyone else playing with an xbox controller? Sucks that you cant usethe triggers to turn the camera.

Alex

I'm using a dual shock 2. The camera recenter is on the controler for me. I have it set so it's exactly how it was on DC/GC/XBX

desa

There's other items besides Difluids you can use to raise mind also. Try Sols, Antis, or Moons. I don't know which raises what in your case since you have a different section id and mag, but try them out.

As far as playing a force, I like it when a force always keeps me healed and buffed and I'm sure they feel the same when I'm playing one. Forces are powerful when their technique levels get higher and can kill an enemy pretty quickly. In your case, you're a fonewearl like me, so they get an extra added boost of damage in the first tier techniques (foie, barta, zonde). I try to hit every enemy at least once with the second or third tier spells and finish off whatever's left when everyone has their hits in. I hate it when people go and mow down all the enemies before anyone has a chance to get a hit in. Hope that helps. Oh and buffing gets easier when your range of spells increase obviously. You see me constantly running around trying to buff everyone using the spells multiple times. Heh, it rapes your meseta stash, but it's worth it if you want to be the shit force. :D

Orin GA

Switched Xbox USB Control drivers and it works. The old one only had 9 mappable buttons.

Now I am ready :mad:

Alex

Dude, what the fuck. There's some guy who happens to be level 62. Cripes, I thought I was ahead of the curve while I was still hacking away at my main, but thats just bonkers.

Level 62...on NORMAL DIFFICULTY RUINS RUNS.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
first time I've tried logging on in almost a week, of course the server's down/patching/bathing.

Orin GA

My first Red box :)

Pso01.JPG

On normal mode they give crap

Pso02.JPG

Swordian

At the very end of 3-2 there is some fog right before the exit that pushes you backwards. Is there a switch or something that removes that?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.

didnt read any of this thread but please, someone enlighten me

I downloaded this awhile ago and made a Hunter and got it to level 4.....felt sleepy, then went to sleep....then havent touched it since.

maybe its cause i played forest 04235285239085290382903482039 times on the DC already.

I wanted to play some Episode II...but it wouldnt let me, and it seemed that there was no way to play anything but normal mode (at least thats what others have told me)

have those options opened up yet?

and are there more quests? such as "endless nightmares" ...you know...the great quest grinder.

desa

Most of the content are still unlocked and we have no idea when sega is gonna implement them in beta. Although I heard rumors on the official PSOBB board that they will unlock/add content as the weeks go by.

There's only episode 1 on normal and hard. All the offline quests are available under the one player mode, some exlusive online ones now added. Then there are the government quests, in the Principals room where you can do alone or with a team and are required if you want to have the caves,mines, ruins unlocked. And just yesterday, they added the AOL cup (yes as in america online haha) that is similar to the famitsu quests.

http://psobb.com/community/quests/aolcup/index.html head here for more info, rankings, and the prizes.

Some pretty halarious comments pop up for every one hundred kill you achieve while playing the quests.

desa

Yea, we're trying to get the heart of poumns from the galleon's movie quest to trade in for points to add more openings. Having trouble with that haha. Where is the leader??!!! He's been MIA for a while.

Nikashi

Banned
Okay guys, I'm getting this right now, didn't realize it was already open for North American play. Not sure what class I'm choosing yet, I usually make really tiny Hunewearls with big swords :p

Alex

Oh wow, 60 already? Geez, I've barely moved 3-4 levels and it's all I've played this week.

What happened to Guild Wars, Orin?

Orin GA

Guild Wars is on the Back Burner. I may return to it...sometime this century.... But Ive been Pimping BB in the chat before I even heard about GW so no one should be surprised :p

Fongul

I started playing today finally (had to go to E3 this week so obviously I was not home) and managed to get my Humar up to Level 8. I really want to tackle the AOL cup with fellow GAF members. Either hit me up on here or message me in the game. My character's name is Kamunagara....

Nikashi

Banned
Hrm, I'm not getting my confirmation email :/

What's that about running out of time? Is it a timelocked beta or something?

So I downloaded the beta from Gamespot, installed it, registered on the website, got my confirmation, installed the patches, etc. etc. But everytime I boot the game, I go to Register UserID, hit the enter key so that the text bar turns green and gives me a cursor, but I can't type anything! It won't register any of my keys, though Enter, Esc, Up, Down, etc. all work fine. Can anyone help me? I'm currently trying to re-download the official client from the Blue Burst website (thinking maybe it was a problem with Gamestop's build, though I DID patch it), but the servers are pretty slow.

Help please! >_<

Edit: Never mind. Fixed the problem. I had to uninstall support for East Asian languages. :(

Nikashi

Banned
I started a Hunewearl (Michiko) and a Ramarl (Sumire). I'm using my Xbox controller to play, which is neat because all the button colours are correct :)

I'll be on tonight for a while, probably with my Hunewearl.

kiryogi

Banned
I'm not dead yet! E3 and illness took its toll on me, but I'm on when I can! I've even donated some points recently. I think we're at 30? Props to Eugene, Kyomi, and Izumi for all the big donations so far. Now for pics!

No this is not a photoshop!
psoaol.jpg

True Falz and I was too weak to survive the major attacks D:
psofalz.jpg

Nikashi

Banned
I need to get my GAF PSO on. I'm level 6 right now, but I need to party with some GAFFERS. I will be on after midnight tonight, PST, and probably playing my Hunewearl (michiko). Let me know what ship/block/lobby to be on.

desa

GAF block has been dead as of late. I've only seen a handful of people on. Where have you all gone?

I know this is a little late OrinGA, but if you still need that transfer, let me know.

DumbNameD

dynamitejim said:
BTW do we have enough team points to buy anything yet?
I believe most of the team stuff costs in the thousands (e.g., first team expansion = 1500 pts).

FYI, there're still a couple of days left on the beta (ends June 13 around 4 AM PST), and if you haven't, you can still get mag cell 502 from completing the AOL Cup one-player quest on hard difficulty.

kiryogi

Banned
Once again I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I plan to go onto retail at least. Also it seems Sega's gonna give us stuff like Ep2 right as beta ends! (June 13th)

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=8439&start=45

In any case, the other thing here is I'd like to know who's going retail so I can clean the team up and appoint new leaders that will be continuing into retail. Let's keep the PSO spirit going folks!

kiryogi

Banned
Excellent to hear, tho I know you're one dedicated person des. I'm also paying attention to point counts as a means of figuring if you're active or not. Also with this retail purge, anyone that wasn't in the team can join now too as we should have open spots too. Well, assuming that half the folks are leaping ship after retail this monday.

Fongul

Mark me down for the team if anyone decides to quit. I need team members el pronto. I just endured a disconnection right at the end of the last Red Ring Rico Caves mission (I just opened the door for the Boss Gateway when I got a standard No.100 connection error...bah!)

I have a Level 24 Humar, but I can level fast if I have teammates to help me troll through some of the larger levels.

Top Bottom