• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Paid for a few more pulls today. Complete shit vs the great luck I had last time, should've just stuck with my one wood/dark dragon team instead of trying to build others. Anyway, I'm building up another Chaos Dragon Knight with the three king metal dragons I got today, which will give me two Ancient Dragon Knight leaders and two Chaos Dragon Knights on my team. I do think I have enough decent fires to start on building a fire team though.

blackflag

So I got a Chaos Dragon Knight in the tutorial, then my first real rare egg was a Vampire Lord. Awesome! Yet they can't be on the same team ???

Good stuff I got a Vampire Lord on one of my accounts and it is awesome. You can have them on the same team when you have enough points to equip them both. Just level up some.

Owzers

Paid for a few more pulls today. Complete shit vs the great luck I had last time, should've just stuck with my one wood/dark dragon team instead of trying to build others. Anyway, I'm building up another Chaos Dragon Knight with the three king metal dragons I got today, which will give me two Ancient Dragon Knight leaders and two Chaos Dragon Knights on my team. I do think I have enough decent fires to start on building a fire team though.

what did you get?

I have terrrrrrrrible luck with pulls yet today i got two king metal dragons on one map Xo.

NOW IF I ONLY HAD A MONSTER TO FEED THEM TO !!!!!!!!!

ParityBit

Does anyone else have anxiety about trying a high stamina level, and then just avoid it because if you fail, you lose everything you got on the level? And mostly just time.

The End

Is there a wiki worth anything in english yet?

If I'm going to need to grind for fusion materials, I at least want to grind in the right place.

Jinko

Does anyone else have anxiety about trying a high stamina level, and then just avoid it because if you fail, you lose everything you got on the level? And mostly just time.

Most definately, I am scared to try Tower of flare again after last times ass kicking.

Yep. I feel this game will fall short for me and the girl mainly because the chances of getting something useful are almost 0% and it's $5 per pull? LOL, that's just funny.

I really like the game though, it's great and the character portraits are really well done. Plus the puzzle aspect is up there with Puzzle Quest (a personal favorite) but the IAP are a joke and just waiting to play reminds me of sitting around in Ironforge waiting for a raid to start. Those days are definitely over where I wait for a game.

But I totally understand. I 'tried' a dungeon because I was doing fairly well up to that point and got one shot by some creature, 15 Stamina and I was done for a while, couldn't even "farm" if I wanted to.

It's really odd seeing a game that doesn't want me to play. I'd pay $5 for a healer. I won't pay $1 to just 'continue'.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got 10 metal dragons so far. I should be able to get one more in before it goes away. At that point, I'll be out of stam. Hopefully that should net me 15 metal dragons and mean I can get one of my dragons upgraded!

I was shitting my pants as I got closer to the boss in that one run over the weekend where I got an Angel and two li'l dragons to drop in Sky Dragon of Light.

xCobalt

How do you think I feel when I attempt at 50 stamina dungeon haha. It helps to know what you're going up against though. Some wikis will display the health, attack and defense of monsters.

ParityBit

How do you think I feel when I attempt at 50 stamina dungeon haha. It helps to know what you're going up against though. Some wikis will display the health, attack and defense of monsters.

Ugh. I couldn't take it! I think once you start a dungeon you should be able to stay at it until you leave. And if you leave you lose the stamina!

Uthred

If people are worried about spending stamina on high level dungeons info on all the monsters and bosses in those dungeons is available on the wiki, so you can tell in advance how much healing/hp you should have going in. As for running out of stamina, just hit rank 40 and there were only a few times (when I farmed stuff I could have waited for half stamina days on) where simply moving through the levels didnt net enough xp to insure regular rank ups.

As for the rare gatcha, yeah its shit when you get a crap monster, to be honest once you get a good starter you should be able to put together a solid enough team from the drops you get.

One thing to note is how critical a carefully groomed friends list is. Having access to high tier healers and damage multipliers is very important (e.g. while I can manage the adept level sky dungeons I can only do so when a tier three healer is available in my friends list).

jersoc

so the metal dragons are pretty much for fusing right? i got 2 rares from the dungeon today, high metal and the king metal one. do i fuse those too or should i hold on those 2?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
so the metal dragons are pretty much for fusing right? i got 2 rares from the dungeon today, high metal and the king metal one. do i fuse those too or should i hold on those 2?

Yup - power-up fodder! And I used my better metal dragons to take a freshly fused monster to level 10-15 usually. It's a cheap way for me to get my power level back up to where I need for more farming.

blackflag

Fuse them to something. Don't make a mistake and over level something by a lot with the king metal dragon.

jersoc

Yup - power-up fodder! And I used my better metal dragons to take a freshly fused monster to level 10-15 usually. It's a cheap way for me to get my power level back up to where I need for more farming.

ah, good idea. i'll hold on to the high lvl ones for now.

Saprol

Yeah they're for giving exp. You should check wikis for max level requirements so you don't waste high/kings.

xelios

what did you get?

I have terrrrrrrrible luck with pulls yet today i got two king metal dragons on one map Xo.

NOW IF I ONLY HAD A MONSTER TO FEED THEM TO !!!!!!!!!

Today? I got f*ing... Mystic Flame Knight, Mystic Ice Knight, Mystic Light Knight & Drall.

The game really wanted me to have mystic knights, and now I have one of every. damn. color. Though those are all three stars and my wood an dark ones are *5. The pulls in this game are really too high.

Flunkie

Banned
Today? I got f*ing... Mystic Flame Knight, Mystic Ice Knight, Mystic Light Knight & Drall.

The game really wanted me to have mystic knights, and now I have one of every. damn. color. Though those are all three stars and my wood an dark ones are *5. The pulls in this game are really too high.
Yeah $5 for one pull is pretty ridiculous.

blackflag

They are too high for sure. It's totally not worth it. Should be 3 stones max.

I didn't even realize those knights were rare. I'd be so pissed if I got a bunch of those.

blackflag

Hmm I just got a Loki. Already had a vampire lord. Can't really use both. I need a good healer to use the Loki I guess. Or I need to get people with Amaratsu on my friends list.

Ashodin

fuck yeah I love daily metal dragon dungeon! LOVE IT

A tip for those who want to try to capture a certain egg of a monster on a Fight:

Try targeting that monster first. You can target by selecting them. I don't know if it's luck based or not, but I feel the game has a significant preference to catch an egg from the first monster you destroy out of a group.

Even if it doesn't work this way, I still do it in a superstitious way (ala holding A or B in Pokemon to increase capture rate). It really feels like it works sometimes.

blackflag

fuck yeah I love daily metal dragon dungeon! LOVE IT

A tip for those who want to try to capture a certain egg of a monster on a Fight:

Try targeting that monster first. You can target by selecting them. I don't know if it's luck based or not, but I feel the game has a significant preference to catch an egg from the first monster you destroy out of a group.

Even if it doesn't work this way, I still do it in a superstitious way (ala holding A or B in Pokemon to increase capture rate). It really feels like it works sometimes.

It seems like that to me as well. Never tried killing that one first though. Although it makes sense now that I think about it.

If you leave a high or king to the end, you've already had 2 chances or whatever to get an egg drop and it's usually happened. I could be wrong though.

Ferrio

Banned
Vamp Lord/Chaos Knight is making this a breeze. It's the only two monsters on my team (don't have enough points for a third black right now). Only trouble is I just gotta hold out for black orbs, or my skills to trigger.

xelios

At Tower of Flare and not finding it very challenging, considering I'm half wood, but how far can I actually get with a dragon wood/dark team composed of

• Ancient Dragon Knight
  • Chaos Dragon Knight
  • Chaos Dragon Knight
  • Tiamat
  • Vampire Lord -- another wood or dark dragon -- Lilith -- or Echidna the Red Empress if I need to delay boss attacks.

Then a friend's leader -- Ancient Dragon Knight, healer/Amaterasu Ohkami (thanks Jin) or Viper Orochi. When would I hit a wall?

I'm also considering building teams with non-leader dragons of every color needed depending on dungeon color.

I'm getting really curious about how viable this team is, because from what I've heard in general it's very much so, I just don't know to what point.

I also have to admit Lilith's poison can be pretty powerful...

Holy shit! Yeah, I will probably burn out before even getting remotely that far. That's intense.

ParityBit

I am having major analysis paralysis tonight. I wonder if I should just wait for the metal dungeons and see if I can get some nice XP.

Ashodin

Delayed attacks on the enemy is fucking awesome. It can save your bacon a lot of times.

I run this team:

F1aHQ.png

ADK, Topaz Dragon or whatever, Metal Golem Mark II, Big Shynee, and White Dragon. Big Shynee and Topaz drop the heal bomb, in case things get rough. Pair it with someone's Valkyrie and I drop the light bomb on the field. I need to pull a Valkyrie on my own, but ADK boosts both dragons' ATK, so it's all good.

Kosh

Just FYI for folks on my friends list. For now, I'll probably be playing with my Tyrannos or Brachio as my leader. I'll make sure to throw the Viper Orochi back on when I log out though. He's a great end game monster, but not so great starting out when you're not supposed to level him.

TP17

Played around with this a lot yesterday, got to grips with fusion etc. realising how levelling up the lower creatures ahead of fusioning them with the higher ones saves money a little too late. Decided to restart this evening. I got a Dragon Rider this time around, a Light/Dark, looks good. Re-added myself to the spreadsheet.

xCobalt

At Tower of Flare and not finding it very challenging, considering I'm half wood, but how far can I actually get with a dragon wood/dark team composed of

• Ancient Dragon Knight
  • Chaos Dragon Knight
  • Chaos Dragon Knight
  • Tiamat
  • Vampire Lord -- another wood or dark dragon -- Lilith -- or Echidna the Red Empress if I need to delay boss attacks.

Then a friend's leader -- Ancient Dragon Knight, healer/Amaterasu Ohkami (thanks Jin) or Viper Orochi. When would I hit a wall?

I'm also considering building teams with non-leader dragons of every color needed depending on dungeon color.

I'm getting really curious about how viable this team is, because from what I've heard in general it's very much so, I just don't know to what point.

I also have to admit Lilith's poison can be pretty powerful...

I hit a wall at Tomb of the Saint Expert which is about 3 dungeons after tower of flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom