• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

J0dy77

I may be able to do some Jormungandr runs later.

I'm still working on Myr, went 5/13 last night and only 4 skillups left.

How long is Myr in the coin dungeon? Or are all of the Legend Plus dungeons permanent in there now?

What's everyone's opinion of You yu? I'm sitting on a crap ton of Water Pii and have some decent subs that I never use because water is by far my weakest color. Thinking the team would be my new farm lead but not sure it's worth spending the 300k on.

Bladelaw

I may be able to do some Jormungandr runs later.

I'm still working on Myr, went 5/13 last night and only 4 skillups left.

The strategy for Jorm with ALB is dead simple. It's Dios all the way down. Assuming you have an inherit on a Dios. I should be able to run A or B. I don't need any guerillas today so I'll just be burning excess stamina on the Thursday daily till then.

Jagernaut

How long is Myr in the coin dungeon? Or are all of the Legend Plus dungeons permanent in there now?

What's everyone's opinion of You yu? I'm sitting on a crap ton of Water Pii and have some decent subs that I never use because water is by far my weakest color. Thinking the team would be my new farm lead but not sure it's worth spending the 300k on.

Probably for the normal 2 week coin dungeon rotation.

You Yu is amazing, but you need some decent water subs.

Bladelaw

Myr is a permanent addition AFAIK.

He's a great farm lead and took me to sub 10% on the last Ranking Dungeon. He's also great when you can just blast through floors. If you have blue orb changers and enhancers and can get 100% SBR he's awesome. His weaknesses are low HP, bindability, and orb trolling (no blues or no enhances like say after converting a beelzeboard). Keep those in mind when building him and he'll do great.

Isis covers binds, inherits cover HP/Shields, and Xmas Paulina covers enhances as far as what I use.

Jagernaut

The strategy for Jorm with ALB is dead simple. It's Dios all the way down. Assuming you have an inherit on a Dios. I should be able to run A or B. I don't need any guerillas today so I'll just be burning excess stamina on the Thursday daily till then.

I have an inherit on 1 Dios. I'll pm you on discord.

J0dy77

Myr is a permanent addition AFAIK.

He's a great farm lead and took me to sub 10% on the last Ranking Dungeon. He's also great when you can just blast through floors. If you have blue orb changers and enhancers and can get 100% SBR he's awesome. His weaknesses are low HP, bindability, and orb trolling (no blues or no enhances like say after converting a beelzeboard). Keep those in mind when building him and he'll do great.

Isis covers binds, inherits cover HP/Shields, and Xmas Paulina covers enhances as far as what I use.

Unfortunately still don't have Isis. My team would most likely be: 2x You yu, Awoken Hermes, Awoken Karin, Nut, U&Y. I'd like to use blue valk but I lose 100% SBR. Still worth the purchase?

What's the ideal You yu team?

Bladelaw

Unfortunately still don't have Isis. My team would most likely be: 2x You yu, Awoken Hermes, Awoken Karin, Nut, U&Y. I'd like to use blue valk but I lose 100% SBR. Still worth the purchase?

What's the ideal You yu team?

Not so much an Ideal team, since not every dungeon has a bind, or heavy preempt, but You Yu can put out so much damage that you can sacrifice a sub slot to 100% utility. The reason SBR is so important is in order to leverage that firepower you need orbs and enhances.

What you have is a solid base for silly damage. I'd swap U&Y for utility when needed. Hermes will keep the orbs flowing, Karin will at least keep Beelzebub from outright killing you, Nut is too important to lose. Bvalk has great stats but Awoken Hermes already breaks hearts, and Nut is your short cooldown orb changer.

To fill the flex slot when you need utility you can go off color. You Yu himself does a ton of damage. Flex options:
Shield
-Indra
-Susano (non awoken for SBR)
-Phoenix Rider Valen
-Bride Izanami if you can flex in Andromeda for the 2 SBR. Her OE are surprisingly helpful.

Bind Recovery
LMeta
A. Sakuya
Typhon
A. Amaterasu

If I had a "perfect" You Yu team I'd run something like:

You Yu (With Awoken Hermes or Scheat active inherited)
Barbarossa (Perfect awakenings and amazing active)
Nut (non-awoken Lakshmi inherit)/Xmas Paulina(Shield inherit)
Skuld (Great board change and plenty of OE)
Isis (With a better bind clear inherited)
You Yu (Shield inherit/Defense break, depends on the Nut slot)

With this team you hit 120% SBR, Have a shield available as an inherit, tons of HP, solutions to Beelzeboards.

RCV could be an issue since Barbarossa doesn't contribute much if any till + eggs but skuld and Lakshmi skills should keep you afloat. short of Kagutsuchi's resolve (which Barbarossa can counter) and a locked board I'm having trouble seeing much this team would have trouble against that other top tier teams also struggle against.

Jagernaut

I mainly use

You Yu
Scheat
Awoken Hermes
Nut
Gabriel - no rcv boosts so enhanced hearts are good

Only 60% sbr but usually fine for coop or many solo dungeons.

Bladelaw

Fun Fact:
Jormungandr has skill ups for lots of monsters

Devil Fish -->Vritra
Cockatrice --> Gabriel
Naga --> her variants (Wedding, Xmas healer girls, etc)

And it looks like the drop rate is pretty generous.

I may actually chain run this hard tonight if anyone is up for it. I could use a max skilled Xmas Alraune for ALB. And Gabriel is 1 skill up away from max. Of course Jorm still needs a bunch of skill ups. 6 more would make me comfortable but I wouldn't mind running until he's maxed.

J0dy77

I mainly use

You Yu
Scheat
Awoken Hermes
Nut
Gabriel - no rcv boosts so enhanced hearts are good

Only 60% sbr but usually fine for coop or many solo dungeons.

I'll probably hold off unless I find a video of him clearing Arena 1 in record time. XM can clear more content and I have Myr to focus on as well. Waiting for the next big wave of MP cards is probably the smarter choice. If I ever get up to 600k MP I'd take the plunge but averaging a couple thousand that is going to take a long time.

Bladelaw

I'll probably hold off unless I find a video of him clearing Arena 1 in record time. XM can clear more content and I have Myr to focus on as well. Waiting for the next big wave of MP cards is probably the smarter choice. If I ever get up to 600k MP I'd take the plunge but averaging a couple thousand that is going to take a long time.

So to help you feel better about your decision:

I have XM, Myr, and You Yu, neither have the "perfect" team but both are extremely strong. If I'm going to be running a dungeon blind 9 times out of 10 I'm taking XM. She's the safest pick of the three since her high HP pool is always available and I have Gadius and Red Riding Hood to unbind if necessary. Every sub makes hearts so I always have a safety net. I will occasionally get caught (Kagu resolve after unlucky skyfall I hate you so much) but I'm usually safe and can clear damn near anything.

I wouldn't throw You Yu at a dungeon blind because I need to think about what goes in the flex slot depending on the mechanics of a dungeon. If I can just blast through (like you can in Jorm with some SDR available) then he's my go to team. In coop a lot of that glass cannon feel is alleviated but solo I mainly use him for fast farming which he is fantastic at.

Myr I'm still getting the feel for. She's incredibly powerful but team binds are a huge drag on my current composition. When that happens and the Snow White inherit isn't up odds are good I'm dead, but that's on me for either a lack of research or severe orb trolling. That said I've taken Myr up against some crazy content and managed to win. Ultimate Yamato Rush L+ is probably the single hardest dungeon I've "no stone" solo cleared and with Myr it was actually pretty easy. I just needed to sub in a delay for Kagu and Xmas Archangel worked a treat for that. I wouldn't dare throw You Yu at that dungeon without serious thought. She's also an excellent farmer in dungeons without a lot of preemptive bullshit. Since she carries the 49x over each sweep you can safely match 3 lights and kill tons of stuff with almost no effort.

J0dy77

So to help you feel better about your decision:

I have XM, Myr, and You Yu, neither have the "perfect" team but both are extremely strong. If I'm going to be running a dungeon blind 9 times out of 10 I'm taking XM. She's the safest pick of the three since her high HP pool is always available and I have Gadius and Red Riding Hood to unbind if necessary. Every sub makes hearts so I always have a safety net. I will occasionally get caught (Kagu resolve after unlucky skyfall I hate you so much) but I'm usually safe and can clear damn near anything.

I wouldn't throw You Yu at a dungeon blind because I need to think about what goes in the flex slot depending on the mechanics of a dungeon. If I can just blast through (like you can in Jorm with some SDR available) then he's my go to team. In coop a lot of that glass cannon feel is alleviated but solo I mainly use him for fast farming which he is fantastic at.

Myr I'm still getting the feel for. She's incredibly powerful but team binds are a huge drag on my current composition. When that happens and the Snow White inherit isn't up odds are good I'm dead, but that's on me for either a lack of research or severe orb trolling. That said I've taken Myr up against some crazy content and managed to win. Ultimate Yamato Rush L+ is probably the single hardest dungeon I've "no stone" solo cleared and with Myr it was actually pretty easy. I just needed to sub in a delay for Kagu and Xmas Archangel worked a treat for that. I wouldn't dare throw You Yu at that dungeon without serious thought. She's also an excellent farmer in dungeons without a lot of preemptive bullshit. Since she carries the 49x over each sweep you can safely match 3 lights and kill tons of stuff with almost no effort.

You made me realize that I stupidly sold off my Cinderella figuring I'd never use her over L. Meta. Her active would have been so much better for Myr team. Oh well.

I'll start working on Myr once jewel invades come back. I'm like 5 light jewels short for all of her mats. I'm hoping I luck in to pulling B. Myr. Both my light and blue boxes are pretty solid.

Bladelaw

You made me realize that I stupidly sold off my Cinderella figuring I'd never use her over L. Meta. Her active would have been so much better for Myr team. Oh well.

So depending on your light box a different fairy tale inherit might be better. I went with snow white because none of my other orb changers touch wood so the orbs would likely be available to convert to hearts. Thumbelina is a good option too.

J0dy77

So depending on your light box a different fairy tale inherit might be better. I went with snow white because none of my other orb changers touch wood so the orbs would likely be available to convert to hearts. Thumbelina is a good option too.

Really good point, I was thinking i had to inherit a light orb changer for some dumb reason. It's been a long day at work and I'm only half thinking. I still have Snow white and removing wood is probably the best option. Cinderella would be redundant.

Jagernaut

I just got 4/6 skillups on Myr today and I'm done. 40 total feeds to max skill. I'll probably use the rest of my stamina to run Jormungandr later tonight.

I have most of the materials to evo her twice except for ultimate Verche. I'm not sacrificing my max lvl and skill Verche so I have to build another one.

Bladelaw

I just got 4/6 skillups on Myr today and I'm done. 40 total feeds to max skill. I'll probably use the rest of my stamina to run Jormungandr later tonight.

I have most of the materials to evo her twice except for ultimate Verche. I'm not sacrificing my max lvl and skill Verche so I have to build another one.

Congrats! Let me know when you want to run Jorm. I'm 12 +'s short of hypermaxing my Myr team and could certainly use the Jorm skill ups.

also FYI you can basically get a better Verche with Elia...though you're looking at ~40 runs of Ultimate God Rush to do it. Either way, at least Verche is reasonably farmable. The XP component of his reincarnated evo is obviously the pain in the ass.

coy

I've fed/feeding Myr mats that were either max skilled (Verche), leveled (Athena), or both. Being impatient even though I'm still 3 dublits from having her.

unrealist

The Thursday dungeon is a horrible nightmare, sometimes you forget fruits can one shot you .. and then you always get the color you do not want .. I have gotten the red fruit 6 times in a row..

The Thursday dungeon is a horrible nightmare, sometimes you forget fruits can one shot you .. and then you always get the color you do not want .. I have gotten the red fruit 6 times in a row..

I had pretty good luck getting blues for Sumire, but luckily I had Urd and Verd for red and green ones. It's still a nightmare. I've got 2 Sumire's to skill so there's no end in sight.

Bladelaw

Today is star thieves treasure den day. Anyone not in group E that wants to run let me know. I'll be cleaning up my box to hold the plus eggs so I should be able to run 10 times before a fuse session. I've got a full button team and another team with 14 skill boosts.

So Blue Myr is now in the MP shop.... For 500k. Get fucked gung ho. I absolutely would have bought her at 300k, but this seems like the start of a very bad trend.

Ducarmel

I hope JP riots over the 500k, but mp being easy to farm most likely means nothing will change, maybe Gungho is going to introduce a card that gives a ridiculous amount of mp when sold.

Today is star thieves treasure den day. Anyone not in group E that wants to run let me know. I'll be cleaning up my box to hold the plus eggs so I should be able to run 10 times before a fuse session. I've got a full button team and another team with 14 skill boosts.

I should be able to run it. Your group is at 10 pm est, right? I'll see how many SBs I've got since it'd make sense for you to hit the buttons as team a. I'll let you know if I can make it. Sucks that my group is at 1 am.

I hope JP riots over the 500k, but mp being easy to farm most likely means nothing will change, maybe Gungho is going to introduce a card that gives a ridiculous amount of mp when sold.

I see both sides of the argument. It's easier to get 500k today than 300k when the mp shop was just introduced, but for a color swap of a farmable leader it seems outrageous. I guess I'll just work on regular myr. I absolutely would have bought her at 300k.

Also, the old summer rem cards got buffs. New awakenings. Don't know if it's enough to make them relevant, but it at least looks like gung ho reacted to the criticism.

J0dy77

Congrats, I'm a long way off after the pain when she went live. I'm taking a break from that dungeon, XM clears a grind and I need to find a good block of time and time it with a level up.

In terms of ideal Myr teams, why do I see so many teams running Venus? I'm assuming it's for the extra burst potential in arena or other spike scenarios. Another orb changer feels like a better fit in that last slot of me. I'm working on Wee Jas lately as an alternate sub, his active is really versatile with solid stats and extra bind clear.

Bladelaw

Congrats, I'm a long way off after the pain when she went live. I'm taking a break from that dungeon, XM clears a grind and I need to find a good block of time and time it with a level up.

In terms of ideal Myr teams, why do I see so many teams running Venus? I'm assuming it's for the extra burst potential in arena or other spike scenarios. Another orb changer feels like a better fit in that last slot of me. I'm working on Wee Jas lately as an alternate sub, his active is really versatile with solid stats and extra bind clear.

Venus has great awakenings and a short cooldown base on a useful skill. Most folks are putting Light Akechi on her as a burst option for things like Kali. Wee Jas is an incredible Myr sub. He serves as the cleric, has killer awakenings to overcome his otherwise mediocre damage, and can provide the hearts needed to either stall or clear binds. I really regret selling my light version. Kaede is still happy with the wood version at least.

I'm seriously toying with using Moogle on my Myr team. I've seen the little bugger on an awful lot of clear vids. and I can spare the XP/Tamas to try it out. Between the hastes on my team and its short cooldown heart making I should always have what I need to make a shield.

EDIT: so as an excuse to clean my box for star vault I burned the tamas and one Shynpy on Moogle. I'm a believer. Those three hearts don't seem like they'd be all that important but holy shit do they help immensely. Combine that with the occasional lucky break against jammers, blind, and poison and the little guy earns its keep. The damage is atrocious of course but it looks like Myr has room on her team for a pure utility sub.

If I get a spare +297 I'm seriously considering Hypering and dumping 3 SDR on him

coy

Those Beach REM buffs are okay but damn 500k for Blue Myr is rough. Even with the focus shifted to multiplayer and how plentiful MP is compared to before, that's a steep price that'll definitely set the time for future purchases if she ain't discounted.

Got Myr up and running. Just deciding on latents and inherit. I'm leaning towards 3 SDR / 2 RCV and Snow White. She's quite fun to play can't wait to try her in harder content.

Bladelaw

Those Beach REM buffs are okay but damn 500k for Blue Myr is rough. Even with the focus shifted to multiplayer and how plentiful MP is compared to before, that's a steep price that'll definitely set the time for future purchases if she ain't discounted.

Got Myr up and running. Just deciding on latents and inherit. I'm leaning towards 3 SDR / 2 RCV and Snow White. She's quite fun to play can't wait to try her in harder content.

HP is arguably better than RCV on Myr. Her HP stat is bonkers high and having a larger max HP will make it easier to tank what would otherwise be kill shots. Other solid options include rainbow resists to block 100% gravities or all SDR so if you get wrecked by something like Kagutsuchi you only have to survive 2 turns instead of the full 7 to get your shield back.

J0dy77

Venus has great awakenings and a short cooldown base on a useful skill. Most folks are putting Light Akechi on her as a burst option for things like Kali. Wee Jas is an incredible Myr sub. He serves as the cleric, has killer awakenings to overcome his otherwise mediocre damage, and can provide the hearts needed to either stall or clear binds. I really regret selling my light version. Kaede is still happy with the wood version at least.

I'm seriously toying with using Moogle on my Myr team. I've seen the little bugger on an awful lot of clear vids. and I can spare the XP/Tamas to try it out. Between the hastes on my team and its short cooldown heart making I should always have what I need to make a shield.

EDIT: so as an excuse to clean my box for star vault I burned the tamas and one Shynpy on Moogle. I'm a believer. Those three hearts don't seem like they'd be all that important but holy shit do they help immensely. Combine that with the occasional lucky break against jammers, blind, and poison and the little guy earns its keep. The damage is atrocious of course but it looks like Myr has room on her team for a pure utility sub.

If I get a spare +297 I'm seriously considering Hypering and dumping 3 SDR on him

With the limited play time I've had with Myr so far I find having an extra orb changer like Wee Jas to be much more beneficial. Venus is a short cooldown but requires a lucky board or is dependent on another active. I'll have to keep testing.

coy

HP is arguably better than RCV on Myr. Her HP stat is bonkers high and having a larger max HP will make it easier to tank what would otherwise be kill shots. Other solid options include rainbow resists to block 100% gravities or all SDR so if you get wrecked by something like Kagutsuchi you only have to survive 2 turns instead of the full 7 to get your shield back.
It's between HP and RCV where I'm debating on what to complement. More of the Myr on my friend list use HP so I thought to pair it with my own Myr using RCV, though having that much more HP between the two leads is not a bad thing. I thought about rainbow as well but went away from it. With her being unbindable, it allows me to have the shield ready at will as long as I am not skill delayed.

I have 2 friends with 5 SDR on their Myr which had me thinking to go all HP or RCV and use those 2 for the toughest dungeons.

With the limited play time I've had with Myr so far I find having an extra orb changer like Wee Jas to be much more beneficial. Venus is a short cooldown but requires a lucky board or is dependent on another active. I'll have to keep testing.
I'm inheriting either Apocalypse or DQXQ (both dupes) on her. Venus' AS being at 4 turns is fantastic. Wee Jas is a good option as well.

Man, I might buy beach Myr. Just thinking of the team I can put together is driving me crazy. I've got a ton of blue subs and it'll give me something to farm M+ scarlet for. I'm about halfway there. I guess I'll wait and see how she goes over in Japan.

Bladelaw

So I'm planning on conquering arena 1 this weekend with Myr. It's going to happen and I refuse to let common sense or sanity stop me.

I'm using a TPA heavy team and will be inheriting Facet (8 TPAs) on Moogle (yes Moogle). Snow white on Myr, and need ideas for Wukong, Wedsatsuki, and Apocalypse. I'm thinking Sun Quan (for the delay) on Wukong, Cecil on Wedsatsuki, and Saria on Apocalypse.

Everyone is hypered. Some inherits are short skill ups (Saria and Quan). I could also put Typhon on Wedsatsuki to combo off Wukong instead and use Cecil on Apoc as ghetto SDR. Moogle's low cooldown heart make has proven invaluable in testing (various endless corridors) and proven more useful than Elia for long dungeons. I'm going to be testing Facet's spike but for LKali I need to hit a little over 21 million damage to dodge LKali's fuck you hit otherwise I need the shield and around 30500 HP to survive it without accounting for latents.

As far as I know there will be very little RNG that fucks me over (orb trolling a possibility) with the above team, it'll be up to skill and proper active management to clear it.

divusrex

The addition of Machine Killer and God typing for Beach Claire is very tempting. Especially when I'm slowly making m Sephiroth team, now I have to debate whether to buy Beach Claire or HKali...

Bladelaw

So anyone in groups A, B, or D looking for a partner doing Star Thieves Treasure Den?

The timing happens to fit perfectly with my schedule (ie: kids asleep and no work tomorrow) and I could run pretty much constantly from start to finish.

Based on the teams posted a couple pages back I can bring the buttons (requires 1 pass since I won't be host) or the skill boosts.

For my team, I can bring 14 skill boosts, or if I'm buttoning I need my partner to bring 13.

I have no problem stoning for stamina on these as it's the only + farming I find tolerable and really I should lay off the REM.

forgrim

So anyone in groups A, B, or D looking for a partner doing Star Thieves Treasure Den?

The timing happens to fit perfectly with my schedule (ie: kids asleep and no work tomorrow) and I could run pretty much constantly from start to finish.

Based on the teams posted a couple pages back I can bring the buttons (requires 1 pass since I won't be host) or the skill boosts.

For my team, I can bring 14 skill boosts, or if I'm buttoning I need my partner to bring 13.

I have no problem stoning for stamina on these as it's the only + farming I find tolerable and really I should lay off the REM.

Im group d and planning on running 9 runs and i have the button team, i think if u want to come along...so 2 hours time. Remind me, i have goemon, 3 devil fish and akechi, am i supposed to bring hadar instead of akechi

Bladelaw

Im group d and planning on running 9 runs and i have the button team, i think if u want to come along...so 2 hours time. Remind me, i have goemon, 3 devil fish and akechi, am i supposed to bring hadar instead of akechi
Hadar is in case of the blue ogre. The red version is the same idea replacing hadar with Betelgeuse.

Rodin can sub for a devil fish if max leveled and has enough ATK latents and ATK +eggs.

b33r

I have been busy and will be for the next few weeks. Moving east and I lost my alt account too. Less for me to deal with, but hurts my self co-op.

That being said, working on my light box for adqxq and myr, as well as getting my blue box better. Decided to yolo roll heavens gala, Facet! Very happy with that pull, don't know where I'll use her yet, but a great inherit. Wish I had a Kaede system.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That 500k MP price tag.... I really need to get into MP farming after I'm done with skilling up Myr this weekend.

Obv Beach Myr is overpriced but I wouldn't mind getting her on a Yolo pull... playing her with 4 Sumire subs would be fun.

J0dy77

That 500k MP price tag.... I really need to get into MP farming after I'm done with skilling up Myr this weekend.

Obv Beach Myr is overpriced but I wouldn't mind getting her on a Yolo pull... playing her with 4 Sumire subs would be fun.

I famed z8 pretty much all day yesterday with natural stamina and only got around 5k mp or so, probably a bit more. At that rate it would about 60 days, the grid is real.

450+ eggs for an hour and 10 minutes. I'm ok with this.

Where was this?

Top Bottom