• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I totally just rolling for blue myr.

edit: not.

edit: maybe.

edit: not.

edit: maybe.

Aaaand...they got you xD
I famed z8 pretty much all day yesterday with natural stamina and only got around 5k mp or so, probably a bit more. At that rate it would about 60 days, the grid is real.

Hmm...okay tbh honest thats a little worse than expected. But making some MP progress everyday is better than nothing.

Is Z8 the best stage for MP farming at this point ? Once i finish off Sumire/Myr i really need to take MP farming more serious.

Aaaand...they got you xD

Hmm...okay tbh honest thats a little worse than expected. But making some MP progress everyday is better than nothing.

Is Z8 the best stage for MP farming at this point ? Once i finish off Sumire/Myr i really need to take MP farming more serious.

I like Scarlet, Z8, and linthia. All have their benefits. Scarlet has good plus eggs, is fast and brainless, you can even make a goemon farm team if you haven't rolled ALB, and the boss drop is a pretty good sub to have skilled. Z8 has better rank xp, super kings for fodder, and it's easy with MZeus or ALB. Linthia is okay, but an excellent source of dub mythlits and just as easy as Scarlet. My preference is scarlet, but I run z8 a lot for the Kings.

Jagernaut

I famed z8 pretty much all day yesterday with natural stamina and only got around 5k mp or so, probably a bit more. At that rate it would about 60 days, the grid is real.

Where was this?

Were you z8 farming solo? You could do 10k mp a day in coop with a fast (non grind) team like MZeus or ALB. Run it in the morning and then at night when stamina recharges.

jay23

5k mp a day is bad but not terrible. Just gotta do it a few times a week on off days when there's nothing else going on.

But if gung troll decides to raise MP price from 300k to 500k... Then I'd probably say it's not worth it.

Jagernaut

Talking about Mech Zeus, what kind of subs do you use for his team?

Depends on the dungeon. For Z8 I use Raphael, Awoken Ra, Apocalypse, and Awoken Apollo. Raphael is one of the best MZeus subs, use him to heal to full and become immune to all damage for 2 turns. Or use Raphael + heartbreaker to kill and be immune to the next preemptive attack.

linsivvi

Honestly MP farming should be done in coop. 480 stamina is 19 runs which means you will rank up at some point. Depending on your rank you should get 30 runs a day even before stoning.

Since plus eggs aren't worth anything these days at least the boss should be sold, but I sell all the descends and dragons. That's around 600MP a run, which makes it 18K a day.

Consider the alternative. 5 stones for a roll at Godfest and you sell the dupes. You don't get anywhere near as much MP as this.

Decided I'm not going to attempt to farm MP for blue Myr. I'm just going to start working on the farmable version since I know I can put together a rad team. Going to have to buy a handful of light orbs, but I guess it's worth it. Think I need to skill up my g/l Liu Bei.

Bladelaw

Ugh Arena attempt before bed failed. I pushed Parvati into the kill zone with Myr and was maintaining the shield but a flub cost me. Apparently my team can match a cross and 3 light and stay under the damage ceiling while still doing significant damage. I'll likely give it another go tomorrow once I'm close to rank up. At the moment I'm just spending stamina recharging my cash supply. Between inherits for Myr and getting the arena team ready along with STTD and general +farming I'm poor as hell.

b33r

If you have Ganesh, you can make a fire team and have Wangren in your team. Have a partner do the same. Use Wangren, have friend use Wangren, and destroy that dungeon quickly for half stam and 4x coins. I've seen it done and it's pretty sweet way to amass coins fast.

I just don't have a Ganesh yet. I use You Yu with a friend Ganesh for now

Bladelaw

If you have Ganesh, you can make a fire team and have Wangren in your team. Have a partner do the same. Use Wangren, have friend use Wangren, and destroy that dungeon quickly for half stam and 4x coins. I've seen it done and it's pretty sweet way to amass coins fast.

I just don't have a Ganesh yet. I use You Yu with a friend Ganesh for now
I do basically the same thing. I have Ganesha and pair with you Yu. I need to try the wangren thing.

cw_sasuke

So for some reason my PaD wont start anymore - worked fine earlier this morning and now it just immediately shuts down after launching the app - reinstalling didnt help to solve the issue. I didnt change anything on my phone so i dont have the clue what the issue could be.

LG G2 on Android 5. Weird...

I like Scarlet, Z8, and linthia. All have their benefits. Scarlet has good plus eggs, is fast and brainless, you can even make a goemon farm team if you haven't rolled ALB, and the boss drop is a pretty good sub to have skilled. Z8 has better rank xp, super kings for fodder, and it's easy with MZeus or ALB. Linthia is okay, but an excellent source of dub mythlits and just as easy as Scarlet. My preference is scarlet, but I run z8 a lot for the Kings.
Thanks for the input i think Scarlet would be a good choice for me - in addition to Z8 because i already have him skilled so selling his copies would be less of an issue and as you said the Exp Dragons.

Was going to start this Monday with some MP farming....well that was before PaD just decided to not start anymore on my phone -.-

Bladelaw

Why is the tornado dragon such a pain in the ass to get to drop? I've run Sowilo 23 times so far and not one drop.

The + eggs and gold is decent for the effort but I really just want to evolve Myr on my alt.

Ducarmel

I got Meimei, Fuu, Kurone and Armadel on my main

Armadel, Goemon, and Lakshmi on alt

On the fence about rolling more I have 2 Sumires on both main and alt and plenty of decent blue subs for Bikini Myr.

Why is the tornado dragon such a pain in the ass to get to drop? I've run Sowilo 23 times so far and not one drop.

The + eggs and gold is decent for the effort but I really just want to evolve Myr on my alt.
Have you tried Nordis, he dropped for me a couple of times on legend and I did not even need him.

Bladelaw

I got Meimei, Fuu, Kurone and Armadel on my main

Armadel, Goemon, and Lakshmi on alt

On the fence about rolling more I have 2 Sumires on both main and alt and plenty of decent blue subs for Bikini Myr.

Have you tried Nordis, he dropped for me a couple of times on legend and I did not even need him.
I cleared nordis once burning a stone coop. My alts team isnt great for it. Probably worth a shot though given how terrible the chances are in sowilo

W-00

The evo carnival was just being completely uncooperative and not giving me a Jewel of Fire, so I finally just gave in and bought one from the MP shop and woke my Pandora with it. I was really worried about whether or not it would be worth it.

To try her out, I ran God-King's Floating Garden. Used the team that was suggested a while back (except that I swapped out my devil-but-woefully-underleveled Hades for my non-devil-but-almost-hypermax A. Haku). Cleared it for the first time. Holy hell that was easy! I think I may be able to clear a few more challenges now.

Totally worth it.

b33r

I pulled twice, Awilda and Summurd. Pretty happy with Summurd, she will be a a staple on my Sumire team and a good flex on You Yu.

Once I get stamina back I can finish some stuff and get another pull. Really want blue myr, doubt I'll get her.

I can say it's absolutely worth it. It's a game changer.

It's just so much damn work...Not that i mind grinding the same easy dungeon endlessly i just hope it doesn't take to awfully long to skill up three of them. I only have 3 py's for Liu bei though. Who is the 4th on the that team? I have a lot of green subs.

Ducarmel

^I think its new first time I saw it when i played the new ranking dungeon, I was confused by it for a second.

It's just so much damn work...Not that i mind grinding the same easy dungeon endlessly i just hope it doesn't take to awfully long to skill up three of them. I only have 3 py's for Liu bei though. Who is the 4th on the that team? I have a lot of green subs.

green bowl is also far sale in coin dungeon for dios skill ups, with 2x drop you can get away with farming master to save stamina or if you want to be exp efficient green bowl mythical gives more exp then dios mythical.

b33r

That blind orb thing is in machine Athena too. I think the new ranking dungeon and that are the only two that have it so far. It's pretty annoying.

jay23

To grind Dios or not to grind Dios. I do have a Liu bei...

I don't have liu bei and I've been grinding beorc all week... Max skilled 3 Dios already
this might be all for nothing

Just so you get a sense of how long it will take

PmUnrmp.jpg

I was unlucky with one of my dios took almost 60 feeds.

Jagernaut

Eh I'll do it. Mindless farming in PAD is kinda fun for me. So the team is Liu bei 3 Zeus and what's the last slot?

Last slot is usually Avalon Drake or Gonia for combo shields or for rogue dungeons an enhance like Freyja/A Parvati/ultimate Hera Beorc. For some dungeons you need skill bind resists so subs with double sbr like Freyja and Perseus are good.

How much of a downgrade is Saria inherit > Kushinada inherit on Orchid? I want to free up Saria for my Myr team and I have all these extra green Tans from farming Myr.

J0dy77

Were you z8 farming solo? You could do 10k mp a day in coop with a fast (non grind) team like MZeus or ALB. Run it in the morning and then at night when stamina recharges.

Yeah, solo. I've only been doing Mp for dailies so far since it's quick to find a partner and the dungeons are quick. It's hard with my busy schedule to find time to sit down and farm a full mp grind dungeon with a partner. I usually just run a dungeon when I have time and complete a run in multiple sessions.

Honestly MP farming should be done in coop. 480 stamina is 19 runs which means you will rank up at some point. Depending on your rank you should get 30 runs a day even before stoning.

Since plus eggs aren't worth anything these days at least the boss should be sold, but I sell all the descends and dragons. That's around 600MP a run, which makes it 18K a day.

Consider the alternative. 5 stones for a roll at Godfest and you sell the dupes. You don't get anywhere near as much MP as this.

I agree. I just have to find some consistent partners and the time to focus on mp grind. I'm ok with the 5k per day. It was probably a bit more but I'm ok with that.

I do the same and sell the board so it's about 550 a run.

cw_sasuke

+297 Tamadra get - what a time to be alive.

PS: Fixed my PaD issue - only had to reflash my whole Android system ffs.

coy

Glad to hear your PAD problem was temporary even with that workaround.

I like that the new ranking dungeon is rewarding shynpy and badly at only 20%. I'll just go for those and call it a day.

J0dy77

I'm debating where to put the free 297. Might just drop it on Pandora to give me some incentive to build out that team. Seems most MP players run her.

W-00

I'm debating where to put the free 297. Might just drop it on Pandora to give me some incentive to build out that team. Seems most MP players run her.

That's what I'd do if I didn't already have so many pluses on my Pandora. As it is, I'm debating between one of my Akechi and my Sumire.

Bladelaw

Yay! Glad you're back in action!

I burned one last stamina bar on Nordis and got the holy dragon finally. Now I just need to farm jewels and my alt will have Myr almost done. Just need about 7 more shynpys to finish her off.

I'm sitting on 3 297 mules. I have some choices on where to slot these into and I'm looking for suggestions.
Myr team can absolutely make use of a 297 moogle both as a base for SI and as a low cooldown heart maker. Baal is the only other sub that makes much sense that I have (ADQXQ where are you!?).

Lucifer could make use of a 297'ed D/R Haku, and 297'ed Eschamali for the standard arena team. (Lucifer, Yomidragon, D/R Haku, Akechi, Eschamali) and my alt has a hyper Luci already.

You Yu would benefit from a 297'ed Nut and 297'ed Isis (mostly for HP thresholds)

I have all the parts of a Sumire system (4 Sumires and Isis lol) and none of them are +297'ed. I could burn 1 on Isis and the other 2 on Sumires (lead and one more obv)

Those are my top contenders right now. I'm leaning toward Moogle, Isis, and Sumire as my three, but Eschamali, Haku, Lucifer is also a strong choice.

My XM team if fully hypermarket. Holding onto this Tama till I get a Kaede. All my other tea!s don't need to be hypermarket and I don't have any leaders I have that sorta interest in.

uh yikes at this random tamadra, I hope mail doesn't expire for a long time

also I'm trying to skill up my Wild Flowerdragon, Howling Brachys, and the process of farming chimeras and leveling them and then evolving them and THEN feeding them is super obnoxious ;_;

I never get the materials I need and waiting for the weekly dungeons is messy, but I guess I accept that as part of the experience.

W-00

Got lucky with the PreDRAs earlier and snagged three RCV latents in a row, so now my A. Ama is only one latent away from being pentamaxed.

Which got me thinking about what sorts of latents I should be putting on my A. Pandora. I saw some advice saying to put dark resists on her for Arena, but those could just as easily go on a sub. As it is, I'm thinking HP and Skill-Delay-Resist are the way to go. Thoughts?

So for someone who has no +297 monsters in their roster, what's the best place to spend this Tamadra? I was thinking Sumire since my GZL is already at +199, but I have plenty of other candidates as well and opportunities like this are probably the only way I'll get a +297 monster any time soon.

uh yikes at this random tamadra, I hope mail doesn't expire for a long time

also I'm trying to skill up my Wild Flowerdragon, Howling Brachys, and the process of farming chimeras and leveling them and then evolving them and THEN feeding them is super obnoxious ;_;

I never get the materials I need and waiting for the weekly dungeons is messy, but I guess I accept that as part of the experience.
Don't farm the base level chimeras. Wait for a dungeon (like Star Vault or some descends) that drops the evolved versions and grind skillups there.

Don't farm the base level chimeras. Wait for a dungeon (like Star Vault or some descends) that drops the evolved versions and grind skillups there.

oh, that might be better, thanks

I'm just worried about not being able to take a dungeon, everything is either me clearing every floor in one round or dying to a single hit (and blowing all my stamina to find out)

was able to evolve my verdandi to the wood/fire version which helps though.

Top Bottom