• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Kyuur

Gadius MP sub. :frothes at mouth:

Now I actually have a reason to save MP instead of throwing them at Tamas when I'm too lazy to farm, I guess.

Edit: What's with no sub attribute? That's kind of lame.

Edit2: She could work as leader too. Orchid / Uriel / Uriel / Gadius / RRH / Orchid probably, I'd just need the second Uriel, or a second Gadius would work too. Maybe even double of both once Gadius gets his unbindable, although you could be unlucky and not get a row of hearts to clear from active.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
A luci team with akechi, Persephone, zuoh, and okuni.

Good number of rows, Dragon killer and God killer are great awakenings, and you have decent fast orb changers.
I suggested Ronia, but you don't have many good devil subs. Maybe Ronia/Akechi/Zuoh/Loki/FALuci paired with friend Ronia/Lu Bu/Beelz for a farming team? You can probably also make a decent water team with Sumire/Nut/Hatsume/Sun Quan/Flex/Sumire.

That would be a good end-game team once you have enough cost.
Thanks for the suggestions, hard part is leveling all of these to max now

So jealous of your box. I'm over 2.5x your rank and maybe have half of the gods that you have in your box. You have all of the key gods that I am missing (Shiva/Bastet/Isis and so on) to finish various teams.

Kudos on a very nice box.
I $$$'d when I started during the last PCGF lol

Bladelaw

Are people having trouble soloing Ancient Fire and Lake Dragons? I've been busy cleaning out stones and running urgent dungeons to really give it a run. I'm hoping it's not too bad. I could really use the Amon skill ups.

Are people having trouble soloing Ancient Fire and Lake Dragons? I've been busy cleaning out stones and running urgent dungeons to really give it a run. I'm hoping it's not too bad. I could really use the Amon skill ups.

I cleared it without much effort solo with Thoria. It doesn't seem too bad. The resolve is a joke, just burst.

jiggle

Really easy
Bring delay for last round's resolve if you are running a team without HP bonus
Preemptive attack + revived attack can kill you if you burst, depending on your HP
It did to my a.Shiva lol

Bladelaw

Hey if anyone was wondering this stupid team works a treat:
Blodin
Andromeda
Andromeda
Famiel
Sumire
Blodin

As long as you don't need to deal with card binds or "no dupes" it does a silly amount of damage and has tons of HP/RCV. Make a row when you can, TPA when you can't, 100% SBR, Famiel 100% bind immune with three TPA in the worst case scenario (water bind). Skilling up is annoying but for 5-7 floor dungeons it's pretty much a lock 10 floors are a bit less sure depending on the dungeon and orb trolling. Once skilled I'm confident this will be my go to blue team.

b33r

I have all the mats, mps, etc... for Yomi Dragon when he is back on the store. With the new mp card I am hesitant.

I don't want that card, but I want to see the others before I pull the trigger on Yomi. Any idea when they'll show the other flowers?

Bladelaw

I'm going for YomiDra either way. I have solid teams for the other colors capable of taking on almost anything short of Arena. YomiDra is a proven Arena (1) clear given smart play. I'm in the same boat (mats, snow globes, badpy's) and after tomorrow I hope to have a bunch of +eggs to give her. So I've basically made the investment, I just need to make it official.

b33r

I'm going for YomiDra either way. I have solid teams for the other colors capable of taking on almost anything short of Arena. YomiDra is a proven Arena (1) clear given smart play. I'm in the same boat (mats, snow globes, badpy's) and after tomorrow I hope to have a bunch of +eggs to give her. So I've basically made the investment, I just need to make it official.

Yeah I have all the optimal subs, over two hundred plus eggs, and 4 badpys so far. I'll probably just buy him, he's an important dark sub on a lot of optimal dark teams too.

yami4ct

New MP Flower looks neat, and I have a decent number of subs for her, but I think my best bet long term is still rolling for Indra+Buying RaDra once I get Indra. RaDra with a perfect squad isn't going to be anywhere near out of top tier anytime soon.

New MP Flower looks neat, and I have a decent number of subs for her, but I think my best bet long term is still rolling for Indra+Buying RaDra once I get Indra. RaDra with a perfect squad isn't going to be anywhere near out of top tier anytime soon.

When active skill inheritance comes around, couldn't you get around not having Indra? I know some Arena 2 builds use New Years Ama in that slot, but I don't know exactly what skill they tack on her. Just curious. I've got the standard DKali x 2, Isis, Indra, and also A. Orochi, so I'm picking up RaDra as soon as he's in. I rolled A. Orochi last, and that's what put me over the edge. I would have bought it sooner, without Orochi, if I knew Arena 1 was coming back.

yami4ct

When active skill inheritance comes around, couldn't you get around not having Indra? I know some Arena 2 builds use New Years Ama in that slot, but I don't know exactly what skill they tack on her. Just curious. I've got the standard DKali x 2, Isis, Indra, and also A. Orochi, so I'm picking up RaDra as soon as he's in. I rolled A. Orochi last, and that's what put me over the edge. I would have bought it sooner, without Orochi, if I knew Arena 1 was coming back.

Indra fulfills a very specific role that's hard to fill. Not only do you need the shield, but you need a card that's a God Type to work with RaDra's Leader Skill and have 2 Skill Bind Resits. Indra is the only one with that naturally, but New Year's Ama, A. Loki, A Horus and Pollux could work, but only A. Ama is ideal out of that group because of she's unbindable.

What skill equip do people use to get the Indra style effect on NY Ama? Speaking of Pollux, I do haver her. Would a skill equip on her make the team worth buying for arena?

Indra fulfills a very specific role that's hard to fill. Not only do you need the shield, but you need a card that's a God Type to work with RaDra's Leader Skill and have 2 Skill Bind Resits. Indra is the only one with that naturally, but New Year's Ama, A. Loki, A Horus and Pollux could work, but only A. Ama is ideal out of that group because of she's unbindable.

What skill equip do people use to get the Indra style effect on NY Ama? Speaking of Pollux, I do haver her. Would a skill equip on her make the team worth buying for arena?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what people have been doing is putting Muse on RaDra and Orochi on Isis, and just bursting through Kali's. Again, I'm not an expert and it seems like a lot of stuff is just theoretical until we get it in NA.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/radra-adjustments-for-arena-2-0.88026/page-6

This is the thread I've been popping my head in every once in awhile. I'm really interested in how ZeusDra pairing changes things.

yami4ct

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what people have been doing is putting Muse on RaDra and Orochi on Isis, and just bursting through Kali's. Again, I'm not an expert and it seems like a lot of stuff is just theoretical until we get it in NA.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/radra-adjustments-for-arena-2-0.88026/page-6

This is the thread I've been popping my head in every once in awhile. I'm really interested in how ZeusDra pairing changes things.

Hmm. Indra is what's been holding me back. I have literally the entire team aside from that. I have 2x D.Kali, an Orochi and an Isis.

I wonder if the Skill Equip system is going to make Arena doable with what I've got and thus make Ra Dra worth buying? I have A. Ama, but she's off type. I have A. Loki, but his active is redundant on an Equip squad.. I also have Pollux, but her active is literally worthless to me.

I also don't have Muse, but I can friend someone who equips one on their Ra Dra.

Any insights from people smarter than me?

If it helps, I currently run the ideal A. Ra squad (Ra/L.Kali/D.Kali/Isis/L.Kali/Ra) and only have trouble with the toughest dungeons like Challenge 10. I have zero issues getting all colors, a TPA and a match or two extra on a Kali board. That's not saying that much, but I don't think adapting to RaDra will be tough for me.

Hmm. Indra is what's been holding me back. I have literally the entire team aside from that. I have 2x D.Kali, an Orochi and an Isis.

I wonder if the Skill Equip system is going to make Arena doable with what I've got and thus make Ra Dra worth buying? I have A. Ama, but she's off type. I have A. Loki, but his active is redundant on an Equip squad.. I also have Pollux, but her active is literally worthless to me.

I also don't have Muse, but I can friend someone who equips one on their Ra Dra.

Any insights from people smarter than me?

If it helps, I currently run the ideal A. Ra squad (Ra/L.Kali/D.Kali/Isis/L.Kali/Ra) and only have trouble with the toughest dungeons like Challenge 10. I have zero issues getting all colors, a TPA and a match or two extra on a Kali board. That's not saying that much, but I don't think adapting to RaDra will be tough for me.
With skill inheritance, Indra is the most commonly replaced sub on RaDra teams. Many still use 2 DKalis and A.Isis. New Year's Amaterasu is popular due to still having double SBR and being unbindable. Her active is pretty much useless on the team and always inherits something else. If you pair with Zeus Dragon, it comes with its own SBR, so the sub pool opens up even more.

yami4ct

With skill inheritance, Indra is the most commonly replaced sub on RaDra teams. Many still use 2 DKalis and A.Isis. New Year's Amaterasu is popular due to still having double SBR and being unbindable. Her active is pretty much useless on the team and always inherits something else. If you pair with Zeus Dragon, it comes with its own SBR, so the sub pool opens up even more.

I think my main question is does using A. Ama over NY Ama fundamentally break the team in some way? You lose the God Typing boost, so while you won't have a problem meeting HP thresholds since that's not boosted, you do lose a 2.25x on both RCV and Attack. You lose 5.625x if you factor in a Muse boost.

I guess for a single card, I assume that's not killer, but it's a worry for me before I commit to buying Ra Dra.

For a final question, what equips do you see on Ama? I don't have a God Attack boost card, so I'll have to rely on a buddy with that equipped to 1-shot. Should I look toward a shield, another Kali active for when you don't need the full 64x activation, or something else?

9 flampys, 8 shynpys and nothing worth using them on.

I mean I guess I could Awoken Kirin but those kinda of teams give me fits. For red I have no viable leader and most of the subs I have have their own skill ups.

I think my main question is does using A. Ama over NY Ama fundamentally break the team in some way? You lose the God Typing boost, so while you won't have a problem meeting HP thresholds since that's not boosted, you do lose a 2.25x on both RCV and Attack. You lose 5.625x if you factor in a Muse boost.

I guess for a single card, I assume that's not killer, but it's a worry for me before I commit to buying Ra Dra.

For a final question, what equips do you see on Ama? I don't have a God Attack boost card, so I'll have to rely on a buddy with that equipped to 1-shot. Should I look toward a shield, another Kali active for when you don't need the full 64x activation, or something else?
There's a helpful thread on the PAD forums with videos and inherited skill listings for Arena 2 teams. The RaDra teams are split between a couple of posts due to a 5 video per post limit. http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/arena-2-videos-with-skill-transfer-latent-setup.90849/

Jagernaut

Godfest announced.

*The Godfest starts at 3/31 (Thurs), 1:00 AM (PDT) and ends at 4/2 (Sat), 12:59 AM (PDT).
This Godfest features 3x Rates for featured Gods and Godfest Exclusives!
Day One will feature the Five Elements and Samurai Series Gods. Day Two will feature the Mechanical Star Series 1 and 2 Gods. Each day features a unique lineup of Godfest Exclusives.
Also during the Eggs-A-Plenty Godfest, all non-featured Godfest Exclusives will appear at Standard Rates!
*Monsters will only appear in their unevolved forms.

xV13AOG.jpg

Day 1 - I want Meimei and Sanada
Day 2 - I want Castor the most, Hamal 2nd

Edit. Day 1 is Fire gala and Day 2 is Water.

yami4ct

There's a helpful thread on the PAD forums with videos and inherited skill listings for Arena 2 teams. The RaDra teams are split between a couple of posts due to a 5 video per post limit. http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/arena-2-videos-with-skill-transfer-latent-setup.90849/

That thread has some neat ideas, but is so filled with Collabs and JP only monsters, it's not really that useful for normal or NA players (Which, for my RaDra I'd be buying, I'd be both)

The big problem with replacing Indra is you need to find a way to cover Parvati and Hera. With RaDra/A.Ama/A.Isis/D.Kali/D.Kali/RaDra, I'd need to cover 4463 damage to survive Parvati and 13,273 to survive Hera's preempt. D. Hera would absolutely need a shield to survive the hit. In that case, I guess Kush or Rei are my only real options since I don't have Susano or D. Meta or Indra on this account. You then might want True Damage to take out PreDras. Given that, maybe I build.

RaDra (A. Ra or ROdin)/A. Isis (Rei)/A. Ama (A. Orochi)/D.Kali/D.Kali/RaDra (God Boost).

The question then is what are the Latent Tamas to use and are there good equips for the Kalis? Is Kush's 1 turn/75 at 8 CD better than Rei's 2 turn/50 10 at 10 turn CD? I would want this team to be able to clear super hard Descends and Challenge 10s as well. I could equip a Santa Genie as well, but I don't think he's really got an advantage over one of the shield cards.

I think Skill Equip does make RaDra a viable buy for me now, but it also makes it way more complicated to build.

jiggle

0 skill up on amon or belial on both my accounts after farming for 2 days
DAT 3x is a lie

Can't decide which godfest day to focus on

Day 1 - don't want Chinese constellation and it doesn't have ilm

Day 2 - don't want 3/5 mechanical star 2, and it doesn't have dragonbounds

Tough choices

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I hate to be that guy... But man screw this game and it's shitty skill up system. Just went 0/5 and 0/5 back 2 back on Amon/Belial skillups.

Just shows how ridiculous bad the system is when stuff like this is expected even 3x rate skill up rate.

jiggle

Oh godfest day 2 is water gala
Guess I'm rolling day1 then

Just shows how ridiculous bad the system is when stuff like this is expected even 3x rate skill up rate.
Yeah...
It hardly feels any better than 2x and 2.5x

Not to over sell it
But 4x is legit good
Very noticeable bump in success rates
It needs to replace 2.5x, and 3x replaces 2x

That thread has some neat ideas, but is so filled with Collabs and JP only monsters, it's not really that useful for normal or NA players (Which, for my RaDra I'd be buying, I'd be both)

The big problem with replacing Indra is you need to find a way to cover Parvati and Hera. With RaDra/A.Ama/A.Isis/D.Kali/D.Kali/RaDra, I'd need to cover 4463 damage to survive Parvati and 13,273 to survive Hera's preempt. D. Hera would absolutely need a shield to survive the hit. In that case, I guess Kush or Rei are my only real options since I don't have Susano or D. Meta or Indra on this account. You then might want True Damage to take out PreDras. Given that, maybe I build.

RaDra (A. Ra or ROdin)/A. Isis (Rei)/A. Ama (A. Orochi)/D.Kali/D.Kali/RaDra (God Boost).

The question then is what are the Latent Tamas to use and are there good equips for the Kalis? Is Kush's 1 turn/75 at 8 CD better than Rei's 2 turn/50 10 at 10 turn CD? I would want this team to be able to clear super hard Descends and Challenge 10s as well. I could equip a Santa Genie as well, but I don't think he's really got an advantage over one of the shield cards.

I think Skill Equip does make RaDra a viable buy for me now, but it also makes it way more complicated to build.
For most dungeons including super hard descends and C10s, you don't really have to worry about latents. Specific latent setups will be tailored to things like Arena and I guess the ultra hard multiplayer dungeons. Same with inherited skills. Indra's shield may be better in general, but for Arena specifically, players are replacing him by inheriting skills like Genie's or Fencer's that void Dark damage for several turns. It not only handles DQHera but the even more dangerous Ilsix right before her. Sorry I don't have specific latent setups to suggest for you specifically. I haven't even settled on an Arena 2 team myself, if I even get around to it pending how GH plans to bring Arena 1 back. Besides seeing what's being done in JP, it's all theory talk since we haven't even gotten skill inheritance yet.

But with your core, I think it's already good enough to buy RaDra even without Indra. It might not be ideal for Arena but it'll blast through most other hard dungeons.

Rixa

I hate to be that guy... But man screw this game and it's shitty skill up system. Just went 0/5 and 0/5 back 2 back on Amon/Belial skillups.

[RANT]
I have cut down my PAD time. I wont bother grinding skill ups and let my stamina mostly rot. Now I have tried several times ch.9. Last try was good. Had enough skills ready for last floor. Then the fucker casts 5 turns Dark absorb. Oh well, next try is when I feel so.

Skill up system is straight from ass, I dont want to grind any materials cause well only thing I can do is get more + eggs and thats for 10x when ever NAPAD feels like were "worthy" of it. So much wrong in this game, more GFE, more some shitty jammersystems more stupid decision for coops more annoying things.

Dont waste money to this, I havent done it in 2016 and wont.
[/RANT]

J0dy77

Godfest announced.

Day 1 - I want Meimei and Sanada
Day 2 - I want Castor the most, Hamal 2nd

Edit. Day 1 is Fire gala and Day 2 is Water.

Son of A... I have the most stones ive had in probably a year after only rolling once last godfest and I want nothing from this godfest. I have all of the chinese with dupes of a Haku an Leilan. Don't want anything from day two either outside of the GFE.

Looks like I'll be hoarding more stones with a hundred day bonus looming. Here's to hoping PC godfest comes rolling around.

Bladelaw

Well at least I've had decent luck skilling up Belial and Amon. Ran it almost exclusively yesterday beyond the tama urgent and both at skill level 5 now. Just 6 more each to go...

b33r

Bleach collab is coming to NA. I'm trying to be mostly noniap these days but I want Rukia on my NA account so bad.

I'll probably just skip this god fest and try to hoard as many stones as I can until it gets here.

Bladelaw

I saw that but since the collab has been JP only I never paid attention to any of the REM characters. Besides Rukia is there any one else worth saving stones and pulling for?

b33r

I literally only pulled once in Japan and got Rukia. I'm pretty sure that there is no way I'll get it in NA now.

Ducarmel

I have Rukia on my jp account trying to get Ishigo (I did not get him), but I have no friends that use her, also don't have Sheat or Skuld which do some impressive damage on a Rukia squad.

My NA box has better blue options but no Sheat makes me hesitant wanting to pull hard on Bleach collab to get a Rukia, also not sure how popular she would be. She is the best combo god right now imo, but it does not seem like Collab cards are popular leaders in NA.

b33r

I have Rukia on my jp account trying to get Ishigo (I did not get him), but I have no friends that use her, also don't have Sheat or Skuld which do some impressive damage on a Rukia squad.

My NA box has better blue options but no Sheat makes me hesitant wanting to pull hard on Bleach collab to get a Rukia, also not sure how popular she would be. She is the best combo god right now imo, but it does not seem like Collab cards are popular leaders in NA.

You can add me in JP, id # 361,159,422. I have a hypermax Rukia up most of the time.

I have a Scheat and awoken orochi, which are two of her optimal subs. I like seeing how much I can get Scheat to do in the tri color dungeons, record so far is 21 million.

yami4ct

Did 10 pulls on my JP account since I don't know where to use my stones.

Got 2x Urd, a dupe Satsuki, a Phoenix Rider, a Dragon Rider and a few silvers. Not too bad. Dupe Urd and Satsuki and Silvers netted good MP and I'm happy to have an Urd on this account now. Riders might find some niches.

Saved my last 27 stones for further down the line.

Top Bottom