• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

No Rukia yet (NA), no Orochi, no Skuld. I have +35 atk from the last Star Treasure dungeon after hypering Bastet. I was planning on saving for Yomidra but it looks like another two weeks before that can happen. ID: 359,468,351

Does that mean no Yomi Dragon tomorrow?!

W-00

Decided to try my luck a few times.

Red Dragon Caller, Sonia (I'd been looking for her)
Scheat
Blue Dragonbound, Ryune
Akechi Mitsuhide

Looks like my B/Y Isis just got a couple new friends for a blue team (once I have enough team space for them).

colinp

Banned
Mori Motonari (new!)
BValk (dupe, sold)
Norn Verdandi (new!

Not a bad haul. Might find some use for Mori on my blue team. What's a typical Verdandi team look like? Is she still viable? I don't feel like I've heard much about her recently...

yami4ct

Mori Motonari (new!)
BValk (dupe, sold)
Norn Verdandi (new!

Not a bad haul. Might find some use for Mori on my blue team. What's a typical Verdandi team look like? Is she still viable? I don't feel like I've heard much about her recently...

Norns are still great farm leads. Not the best, but very easy and usable. Just load her with TPA subs like Liu Bei and Vishnu and maybe a utility like Ceres if needed and you're good. She's also a kick ass green sub.

yami4ct

Xiang-Mei's got an Arena 2.0 clear video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgQVQPchgH4

Team Run is Xiang-Mei/Xiang-Mei/Uriel/Gadius/Uriel/Xiang-Mei

Not sure what equips and latents she was using. Team had an absurd 50,692 HP. She seems like a great Tank lead, but is ultimately going to be a bit slow and I can see some problems with consistency and particularly with Binds, even with Gadius' bind clear awakening. She also has a very limited sub pool.

Assuming they have the proper subs, I can see her being a great tank team that gives space for players who make mistakes on their board. Good room for error. I don't think she's as strong as Neptune or YomiDra, but a fun card.

All I wanted was Karin (or maybe Akechi).

Rolled 6 times.

Ryune (from earlier)
Leilan (Dupe)
Silver Trash
L. Kali (Dupe)
Blue Valkyrie
Blue Sonia

So much blue, and blue was my strongest color already.

Rixa

I think it took around 15 or so tries (all natural stamina) with my YomiDra team. Either fumbled or it had dark shield up. But finally managed to get my first ch.9 clear.
Screenshot_2016-04-01-07-39-43.png
I have 2 BadPys. Not sure who to give them, since I dont like farming skill ups due the time it usually takes (except dailies).
- Okuni
- NepNep
- AA.Luci
I seldom use AAL so prolly not to him, Okuni is +297 but the skill is already fast and I usually use it once per dungeon. NepNep is not plused but her skill is so slow to get up and it really helps to combo Haku + Nep.

yami4ct

Is Fenrir as terrible as it seems? I pulled two in five rolls today
to go with two trash rolls and a dupe Minerva :(

I can make that if I can scrounge up another 300k for a second Xiang-Mei :0

Game8 suggests running that rare red Shinra-Bansho card Kiriko Another, so if by some stroke of luck you have her she could be a XM replacement. A 3rd Uriel could work as well. If you can't make a Ra Dra/Nep Dra or Yomi Dra team, she might be a viable pick.

Game8 is ranking her above both YomiDra and NepDra, but I think they're being crazy. I also think they aren't giving YomiDra near enough credit given how low they've dropped him. No way he's worse than A Luci and Panda and definitely not worse than Kirin. App Media is putting her around the level of Kirin, Blonia and Shivadra. That feels more correct, but she definitely feels like she's really on the higher end of that range rather then how low they put her.

As for Fenrir, he got a leader boost in JP, but he's still kinda terrible. GH would need to do a lot more to jammer teams if they want to make them a thing. They keep trying, but it's too niche a concept to really pull off. His active is even bad enough that I can't think of a Skill Equip use for him.

b33r

I think it took around 15 or so tries (all natural stamina) with my YomiDra team. Either fumbled or it had dark shield up. But finally managed to get my first ch.9 clear.

I have 2 BadPys. Not sure who to give them, since I dont like farming skill ups due the time it usually takes (except dailies).
- Okuni
- NepNep
- AA.Luci
I seldom use AAL so prolly not to him, Okuni is +297 but the skill is already fast and I usually use it once per dungeon. NepNep is not plused but her skill is so slow to get up and it really helps to combo Haku + Nep.

Okuni doesn't take that much to skill up. If he is already adequate, don't pii him. He has skill ups in the black grotto technical dungeon. Just run it when you have nothing better to do. I have him one away from max skill doing the same.

jiggle

Akalimy looks unrecognizable
Would've been nice to see some uevo for fairy fails before these new versions

With all that OE
Theurgia leads unconditional 16x with cows cows and set could be very nice

PAD Academy REM updated, looks rather pathetic: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...consolidated_pad_academy_renewal_info_thread/

Another week, yet another card with a Dark Kali skill...

No motivation to play lately. GungHo struggle continues. Lack of interesting events and a quagmire of unoriginal content killing the game for me lately. Good thing Granblue got interesting this week, heh.
So I'm assuming Isis and Lucifer ults are TBA? It would make zero sense to leave them without an ult in this refresh. Not to mention that it would seriously piss me off.

yami4ct

Well, I finally did it. I'm the (proud?) owner of an MP dragon. You sure as hell better end up being worth it, RaDra!

He's been on top for so long and he doesn't seem like he's going to be power creeped out any time soon, especially with Arena 1 returning. I also finally have an arena capable team with him. I imagine by the time he falls below S tier, or perhaps even before he's topped at all, I'll have another 300k MP through normal play.

Why is RaDra's art so damn awful? I'd feel a lot better about buying him if he looked cool like RagnarokDra or YomiDra. A giant chicken does not ooze power the same way my A. Ra does.

linsivvi

2 pulls:
Earth Dragon Swordsman
Scheat (Is she even useful? 50K MP....)

Edit: Rare monster carnival again?? That's bullshit.

HGH

Banned
Reached rank 150 and got a Ceres.
4 pulls got me:
-Classic Odin
-Tsubaki
-Ruka
-Sumire

Kinda underwhelmed. At least I can use the Tsubaki as skill up/awakening material.

Rixa

Reached rank 150 and got a Ceres.
4 pulls got me:
-Classic Odin
-Tsubaki
-Ruka
-Sumire

Kinda underwhelmed. At least I can use the Tsubaki as skill up/awakening material.
What? Would it be better to sell it for MP than feed it away?
Your 4 pulls are way beter than mine:

Odin (I guess its green one) is 15k mp.
Tsubaki good fire leader or 5k mp.
Ruka 3k mp
Sumire, good water leader or 5k mp.

HGH

Banned
Are none of them good? I'm not all that into MP really. I know at least Green Odin is really, really outdated by now but I don't have any good wood units.
I already have an evolved Tsubaki but it's not maxed, so I thought, better waste some EXP on this new one and use it as an upgrade material instead of wasting a Tamadra?

Are none of them good? I'm not all that into MP really. I know at least Green Odin is really, really outdated by now but I don't have any good wood units.
I already have an evolved Tsubaki but it's not maxed, so I thought, better waste some EXP on this new one and use it as an upgrade material instead of wasting a Tamadra?

No, never use REM pulls for skill-ups or awakenings. Dupe Tsubaki is still probably worth keeping. You can get tamadras from an urgent dungeon called tamadra retreat that shows up a few times a week, assuming you have the 50 stamina to run it, so they're not rare at all. If you really don't want a REM pull, sell it, but make sure it's not something you will find useful down the line.

Bladelaw

Couple pulls today mostly for the water gala:
Algedi (4th sold)
Muse (dupe sold)
Kraken Rider (dupe sold)
Idunn and Idunna (yay!) And we're done here.

Kreed

Pulled three times and got Mori Motonari who should be great for my blue team, a Red Chester and another Dragon Rider both sold for MP.

For some reason I was completely ignoring the existence of Neptune Dragon despite my strongest team/most of my best subs being Blue (Karin, Idunn and Idunna, Blue Sonia, Hermes, Andromeda, Snow White, and Orochi being my most used). I mostly hear talk around Ra and Yomi Dragon, and I didn't realize he ran similarly to Idunn and Idunna/Blue Sonia in regards to trying to get rows. That and the fact that I've never had a Neptune or anyone with poison stronger than Lilith other than Neptune skill up fodder, I decided to go ahead and purchase one today. At the very least I'm hoping he will help my blue team in cases where I run into enemies with extremely high defense so I don't have to bring Ra or use Idunn and Idunna too early (ex: the fat metal dragon in challenges).

Jagernaut

3 rolls for Day 2.

Sharon - sold
Scheeeeeeeeeeeeeat - why not Eschamali, same rarity
Hamal - not Castor but best of Mech Star 2 for me

Not bad.

Pulled three times and got Mori Motonari who should be great for my blue team, a Red Chester and another Dragon Rider both sold for MP.

For some reason I was completely ignoring the existence of Neptune Dragon despite my strongest team/most of my best subs being Blue (Karin, Idunn and Idunna, Blue Sonia, Hermes, Andromeda, Snow White, and Orochi being my most used). I mostly hear talk around Ra and Yomi Dragon, and I didn't realize he ran similarly to Idunn and Idunna/Blue Sonia in regards to trying to get rows. That and the fact that I've never had a Neptune or anyone with poison stronger than Lilith other than Neptune skill up fodder, I decided to go ahead and purchase one today. At the very least I'm hoping he will help my blue team in cases where I run into enemies with extremely high defense so I don't have to bring Ra or use Idunn and Idunna too early (ex: the fat metal dragon in challenges).

Nepdra is rad. I really wanted to pick him up, but I didn't have Hermes.

Bought Ra Dra today and almost max leveled him. Got lucky with a x1.5 feed with 3 off-color snowglobes.

Now I just need to find RaDra friends :).

302,982,304 if you're in NA and have RaDra up regularly. Or if you need Saria/Typhon/A. Panda, send a friend request as well. I can always clear space for gaffers.

HGH

Banned
What? Would it be better to sell it for MP than feed it away?
Your 4 pulls are way beter than mine:

Odin (I guess its green one) is 15k mp.
Tsubaki good fire leader or 5k mp.
Ruka 3k mp
Sumire, good water leader or 5k mp.
Oh, I just checked these, and two of your values are off. Both Tsubaki and Sumire are 15K now.

hermit7

One more roll today, got a Spica.

Seems decent I suppose. Good orb changer and I guess it can be thrown on green teams for its awakenings.

b33r

One more roll today, got a Spica.

Seems decent I suppose. Good orb changer and I guess it can be thrown on green teams for its awakenings.

She's actually a pretty great leader too with the 30% damage reductions and 16x. Good luck finding friends to use her with though.

Spica is a really good 5x4 leader as you can use the standard green row subs as a tanky green row leader. Using her like this, Micheal auto-heals are really nice.

Alternatively, in the normal boards you can use a mixture of orb enhance/tpa subs (osiris, vishnu).

With two spicas you should be taking 49% damage which is comparable to 2xhp and 2x RCV.

I'm loving RaDra so far. I was worried I wasn't going to have the skill to play it, but I'm activating more than I expected. It's a fun lead to use. There's enough fingers on the team that you can really manipulate the board. I haven't taken it out of endless yet, but once this team is up and running it's going to be awesome.

jiggle

Rolled 1 more on all 4 accounts
Famiel dupe
Alrescha
Sylvie dupe
L.kali

Everything good except for that cursed l.kali
Bringing my grand total of her to 11 :/

Very good GF this was

Ducarmel

No clear stone for playing pad radar dungeons?

Just did one and got nothing for clearing it.

jp pulls

day 1 skipped
day 2 yolo Dragonette

na pulls
day 1 yolo Uriel dupe

day 2
Nut dupe
Alrescha
Blodin
Verd dupe
Satsuki
Hamal

I'm pretty bummed about SS Isis. Why they decided to buff her current form, and then give her a basically worthless sidegrade is beyond me. It would have been so much simpler to just give her a decent uvo. Their treatment of her and Luci (completely ignored!) and creating Sakuya and Kali just feels like pure greed.

Any chance JP will riot about this? SS Isis is way cuter than Sakuya ever was :(

GH employee: "Gee boss, this skill inheritance thing is really making SDR latents worthless!"
YamaP: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=2106
Time to invest in an Awilda/Courage cheese team. Just make sure Courage has an inherited skill with a CD longer than 15. In fact if you can inherit MP monsters, then Courage inheriting herself is perfect.

Edit: Weird. Every time I click on Nordis' multiplayer dungeon, it crashes the app back to the home screen. On iOS. This happen for anyone else?

J0dy77

Loving this Thor team. Finally beat mythical plus God rush. I'm definitely hyper maxing this team next. Thor is close to hyper but no other stones on the team.

The team has a ton of burst when needed. Need to max skill Wukong and get his uuvo when it comes over.

Does anyone know if Thor is still viable for arena 2?

Side note: this is my first Elia since she hates me and never invaded.

gljMfQrl.jpg

Jagernaut

I have all those subs max skilled but no Thor or Saria. I could make a similar I&I or Freyja team but they are both weak against the opposite element.

Top Bottom