• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Quantum

Your REM rolls have possibly the most severe case of mood whiplash of anybody in this thread

I'm convinced the constant highs and lows are the reason I continue playing after 1100+ days.

- something different enough for what I'm used to playing that it gives me reason to try a new team.

bjork

When I fiddled with that Bleach phone game, I was like, "man, I hope my first pull isn't Chad." and then it WAS.

So this Bleach collab comes up and I have enough for one pull and I go, "man, I hope my only pull isn't Chad."

and then it WAS.

Are any of the Bleach characters good? Clearing the first three tiers got me everyone you fight against, but I feel like Mayuri is the one I'd like best.

hermit7

Memorial roll gave me skuld.

First one and it seems decent. I already have a beach norn though which I like, but I guess skuld works with orb changers and has an ult coming out soon.

Bladelaw

I managed one more pull with my free stone today and snagged Rukia. Well I'm done with this REM. 20 pulls to get basically everything.

Now the task of skilling up Rukia/Ichigo...

What does a solid Rukia team look like?
TPA heavy, needs 1 utility sub for 100% SBR since that's in basically every dungeon.

Rukia
Scheat
A. Orochi
Famiel/Blodin (board change vs orb enhance)
Sumire?/I&I?
Rukia

Bleach is a fun enough collab. Easily my favorite since Batman/Justice League a few months back.

I wonder what other IPs are going to be featured? I know Japan has/had DBZ. I swear, if PAD US gets DBZ I'm probably going to drop $20+ trying to get some of my favorites.

bjork

Bleach is a fun enough collab. Easily my favorite since Batman/Justice League a few months back.

I wonder what other IPs are going to be featured? I know Japan has/had DBZ. I swear, if PAD US gets DBZ I'm probably going to drop $20+ trying to get some of my favorites.

I'd be in on DBZ too, for sure. Seems like it would do well for them, too.

The one I would want the most is the Crows X Worst one, but I doubt we'll ever get it because there's like 0.001% presence of that license in the US.

coy

Memorial gacha netted me a dupe DQXQ whom I'll hold onto until news of a further evolution or awakening comes. OTOH, my gf got Saria which is good since I have a hypermax Thor plus then she pulled once on the Bleach gacha and snagged Rukia. I hope my luck is that nice.

Bladelaw

2 Bleach REM pulls, both Uryu Ishida. Crap.

For the 2nd time in a row group E has 1 am predras. Wtf?

Yeah I'm skipping this one. I was dead after the last one. I didn't see any Skill Delay latents last time and with those odds it's not worth the "hangover".

It helps that I don't have any of the monsters that the predras skill up that aren't already max skilled.

b33r

I managed one more pull with my free stone today and snagged Rukia. Well I'm done with this REM. 20 pulls to get basically everything.

Now the task of skilling up Rukia/Ichigo...

What does a solid Rukia team look like?
TPA heavy, needs 1 utility sub for 100% SBR since that's in basically every dungeon.

Rukia
Scheat
A. Orochi
Famiel/Blodin (board change vs orb enhance)
Sumire?/I&I?
Rukia

Nice, I'm jealous.I pulled once and got Chad, will keep him as he makes two rows and may buy some stones to try a few more times.

Reco clears arena 2 with scheat, skuld, a orochi, and a isis. Basically just use scheat, a orochi, and at least one other sub with sbr. The rest just mess around with. I actually use acubens a lot for his oe and god killer, but I change subs around a lot still. I'm waiting to make awoken Hermes too as he has a tpa and blue skyfall.

darksagus

There is a mechanic I am not sure how it works exactly. Do enhanced orb awakenings increase the chance for that color to appear, or just for that color to be enhanced when it appears?

Bladelaw

Nice, I'm jealous.I pulled once and got Chad, will keep him as he makes two rows and may buy some stones to try a few more times.

Reco clears arena 2 with scheat, skuld, a orochi, and a isis. Basically just use scheat, a orochi, and at least one other sub with sbr. The rest just mess around with. I actually use acubens a lot for his oe and god killer, but I change subs around a lot still. I'm waiting to make awoken Hermes too as he has a tpa and blue skyfall.

Skuld, Hermes, and Isis continue to evade me. That said I have plenty of options in blue:
Scheat, Orochi, Blodin, Famiel, I&I, Acubens, Sumire, Andromeda, B Valk, Mori Motonari, Amon, etc.

I think it'll require a bit of experimenting to find the right combo though.
Rukia, Scheat, and A. Orochi are locks. The other two slots may just be flex based on the dungeon.

jay23

I downloaded the latest update from some site called apk4fun hope it's legit.

Rank 250 roll...Hathor

ehh at least it's not a dupe

Jagernaut

razterik

There's not even a niche silver pull in the Bleach REM, just trash. Ichigo is bait, maybe okay as an inherited skill or a second Dark Kali substitute, but I have little confidence he sticks around as a leader at all. Rukia is good, difficult to use without time extends and really needs at least two 6* blue GFEs.

Staying away from this one.

There is a mechanic I am not sure how it works exactly. Do enhanced orb awakenings increase the chance for that color to appear, or just for that color to be enhanced when it appears?

Does not increase orb color appearance rates. That's a separate active skill on some cards.

Enhanced orb awakenings increase the chance that orbs of that color appear as enhanced (+ in the corner). 20% increase per awakening, so 5 will make all orbs drop enhanced. Doesn't affect orbs that are changed from another color. Enhanced orb awakenings also increase damage of enhanced orbs of that color. Generally a good idea to run at least 5 enhanced orb awakenings of your main color damage if possible.

Bladelaw

Rukia has a much stronger leader skill than A Shiva or A Bastet, reaching 56.25x atk at 8 combos with the same rcv boost as A Shiva. She has worse awakenings because she doesn't even have an ultimate evo yet.

Will collab golds get Awoken evos eventually?

Absolutely, I just find her playstyle mimics Shiva's and Bastet's. Basically get at least one prong and combo the hell out of the board for a sweep. The other bonus is unlike Shiva she has a real RCV value making that boost very potent.

I really hope they do get Awoken, but I'll be happy with Ults for those missing one for now.

Do any collabs (JP or NA) have an awoken form?

No collab monster has ever gotten an awoken form, at least not in a way directly comparable to "canon" PAD content. Goku->Vegitto is the closest analogue, requiring a collab dungeon invade to evolve and gaining a new active skill. It was just done as a planned rollout as opposed to buffing an underused monster, though.

Kreed

Pulled for my 250 and got Ariel. Another reason to start working on my light team in the future. Pulled once in the Bleach collab and got Urahara/another addition to the trophies I'll never use.

For the 2nd time in a row group E has 1 am predras. Wtf?

I really wish Gungho would stop playing around with these one hour dungeons at all times of the day and either use the "one day pass/key" system other games use or just have the dungeons up for 1 day, and then once you enter the dungeon, the hour timer starts.

I really wish Gungho would stop playing around with these one hour dungeons at all times of the day and either use the "one day pass/key" system other games use or just have the dungeons up for 1 day, and then once you enter the dungeon, the hour timer starts.

They're going to be in multi-player eventually, which would let you run it with people who are in a more favorable time period, or just in addition to your own window.

hermit7

I could've sworn it also increased chances of that orb color appearing early-on. But the current description definitely doesn't say that. Maybe it's just bad memory.

That would make teams that focus on that better. 20% chance to drop an enhanced orb, 1% orb sky fall increase. Too overpowered?

yami4ct

That would make teams that focus on that better. 20% chance to drop an enhanced orb, 1% orb sky fall increase. Too overpowered?

Given how many OEs you can stack with a monster like Eschamali, it definitely would probably end up OP. Black OE is still doing really well. If GH wants OE to be a viable play style again, they need cards like Escha that stack them up, cards like Akechi that change and enhance and leaders like YomiDra that actively encourage OE use across all colors. I don't think OE is inherently underpowered right now, just under supported.

Goetia's buff would make her the perfect Yomid sub if she was on type. Makes 5 orbs and enhances dark to go with 4 orb enhancements on dark and two green.

Bladelaw

Goetia's buff would make her the perfect Yomid sub if she was on type. Makes 5 orbs and enhances dark to go with 4 orb enhancements on dark and two green.

Wow...
Is it just the green thing holding her back from being an amazing Yomidra sub?

You could run something like
Yomidra
A. Haku
Goetia
Eschamali
<flex> (Okuni, AALuci, Diza)
Yomidra

Pretty much a guaranteed activation every turn, potential for rainbow coverage (for all att. required). Options to go row or TPA. I have access to Aketchi but I think it'd be a toss up between him and Goetia. With Luci I'd go with Aketchi but with Yomidra I don't know.

EDIT: how does a card with multiple "killer" awakenings work against something that meets all the criteria?

Example: UEVO D/R Haku has Dragon and God killer. If she's attacking something that is both a god and a dragon does she do 9x more damage?

Also after checking Padx it looks like this combo is extremely rare.

bjork

The One Piece game has this sometimes and it's a great thing. I just wish it was constant.

No 250 pull for me, I'm only like rank 151 or something, I think?

Bladelaw

YomiDra's passive leader is a boost to God types, which Goetia lacks to make her fully compatible.

Doh! Missed that. Here's hoping she gets a Uevo and a type upgrade to God.

What's the top 10 team for athena challenge? Got 40% with Kirin but ten rounds lends to a lot of orb trolling.

https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/ranking-dungeon-prep-athena/

Shivagon, Rodin, Verdandi, Set, (Set, Urd, Ares), Shivagon.

Rodin to kill the Predras, Verdandi vs Awoken Neptune, everyone else for max damage in as few combos possible.

yami4ct

I was just shy of 30% with a terribad blind A.Pandy run, not bringing anything to deal with the predra floor was my biggest mistake. Plenty of room for improvement.

yami4ct

Reading all the Tier Lists, the Xiang Mei hype is real. People just really want a fantastic MP card I guess. She's amazing, don't get me wrong, but people putting her RaDra level are crazy. Her bindability is a real pain in the ass. I also think her Fire typing hurts more than it helps in key dungeons. Do we have any video of her dealing with A. Parvati? That enemy in particular is going to be an even bigger problem than usual for XM. All that before you add in just how limited her sub pool is. It's not just shallow, it's a damn puddle. She's cool, but I'm super fascinated to see where she shakes out and how far and fast her drop will be if it comes. She won't fall out of S tier, but I can see her going below A. Panda.

Yep. here is to hoping.

While she's not ideal, it's possible that her utility will make her good enough for teams to give up that boost, similar to some RaDra teams like mine are running A. Ama. Ra Dra has a lot more room to play with damage than YomiDra, though, so it'll likely be real small set that attempt it.

razterik

Like all other high RCV teams, she can just stall out Parvati for 99 turns. And you have more than enough HP to handle anything she can dish out.

Orb creation is almost never YomiDra's problem, it's squeezing in enough utility subs. But Goetia is a decent skill to inherit onto an on type card.

Lyrian

Rolled Sylvie!
Really wanted her
I could really use some opinions on making a green row team though

A few setups I'm looking at
Freyja - Australis - Australis - Artemis - Avalon Drake - friend Sylvie
21 row enhance but 80% SBR

Vs
Sylvie - Australis - Australis - freyja - drake - friend freyja
21 row enhance with 100% SBR, but I lose an orb changer for the maybe redundant 2nd freyja

Vs
Freyja - Australis - Gronia - Sylvie - Drake - friend Sylvie
17 row enhance with 100% SBR, 2 duo color board changers and 2 board change heart makers

I'm leaning towards #3
Losing 4 row enhance is kinda big but the extra skill boost, fingers and SBR seem to be worth it?
What do you guys think?

Pulled Sylvie as well!

After coming oh so close to having a functional dark team, GungHo has given me an obscene amount of green row characters over the last few events.

I'm guessing you are missing Perseus, as he is not listed in any of your options?

1) As everyone here will tell you, 80% SBR = 0% SBR, as you will fail that saving throw way, way more often than 20% would suggest.

2) 2 AFreyjas seems redundant. How often would you need 4 turns of spike damage in a dungeon? (Also, would you even be able to generate 4 boards capable of maximizing those turns? That seems to be a tall order. You have 3 changers, but they are all on slow timers [Australis is 10, Drake is 12]. What happens if you get orb trolled early in a dungeon?)

3) Same problem really applies here as well. Fastest orb converter is 10 turns still. Team has only a few skill boosts (Freyja has 1, Drake 3 upon upcoming Uevo, Gonia has 2, Sylvie has 1; total 7) Even at max skill, you are going to need 3 rounds to stall before Australis is ready. That can be problematic if there is an early trap (Say, Floor 1) and you get orb trolled.

Extra move time is situational, although generally useful. Can you solve row boards now with time to spare on the move timer? Time extends are critical for row teams on 7x6 boards, where there is much more real estate that needs to be worked with to create a single row, if not multiples.

You really need a sub-10 turn green orb changer to deal with bad boards. Cards like Perseus or Sasuke can really help with this and stabilize a green row team.

yami4ct

Like all other high RCV teams, she can just stall out Parvati for 99 turns. And you have more than enough HP to handle anything she can dish out.

In terms of consistency of clearing, sure. You're absolutely right. Speed of clearing content is also a factor in rating leaders IMO, though, and a 99 turn stall is not a fun prospect.

Bladelaw

What does Xiang Mei do? I haven't seen an English translation of her skills.

I've seen a couple clears where she makes a joke of the co-op Plus dungeons and I have the subs shown in those videos (though not necessarily the inherited skills).

I should really just learn JP.

EDIT: Apparently Padx has updated with her: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2756

The vids I watched had a team of XM, Gadius, Gadius, Red Riding Hood, XM, Friend XM. I'd swap in Yamato for the other XM but that's totally a team I could make.

yami4ct

What does Xiang Mei do? I haven't seen an English translation of her skills.

I've seen a couple clears where she makes a joke of the co-op Plus dungeons and I have the subs shown in those videos (though not necessarily the inherited skills).

I should really just learn JP.

From PAD X

Xiang Mei (Orchid)
Healer
Active: Randomly spawn 6 Heal orbs from non-Fire orbs. 1 turn haste.
LS: 1.5x HP and 2x ATK to Healer type cards. 3x ATK for 2 Heal combo, 4.5x ATK for 3 Heal combo.

She's basically tanky as hell with built in heart orb generation and an insane ATK multiplier for how tanky she is.

yami4ct

Err..

Well, I'm curious about her Parvati clears now anyway, so I'll look around once I get bored farming 10x. Or do it myself if I can find an easy access to her spawn. Her flat multiplier without heart matching might be enough and there's a lot of room for error.

I mean, that's the crux of my argument. She's a very strong tanky team, but she's still a tank team which means she's going to run much slower than something like RaDra. I just mean she's maybe a bit overrated on these current tier lists because of that.

Just looking at videos, she reminds me a lot of a stronger A. Luci. Very high HP focus that gives good room for error and row based.

But then again, with the right team she lets lower skill players clear late content so that's something that's maybe worth considering and I'm completely wrong. I still think her bindability is the biggest trick with her.

Giard

Pulled once for Bleach collab, got Urahara.
I already had two Algedi, I'm starting to think I could have a green jammer team... :|

Top Bottom