• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Snuck in at 9.1% with Urd/Set/Ares/Krishna/Bane/ShivaDra. Hoping that score will hold, since I won't be trying again. Gotta get those +eggs.

b33r

Ok so I did some experimenting with Ichigo as a lead and came away...less than impressed. Given the requirements of his leader skill I imagined the 76x bomb would be pretty satisfying. It was not. Am I missing something?

Skill used plus match everything should give me 76x + dual god killer awakenings for ~228x on Ichigo leads

I popped a D Kali board, nailed everything (even a dark TPA) and the damage was around 400k per card. Everything was max level but minimal plus eggs.

At this point I'd rather run Kirin or A. Ra if I'm going rainbow lead. Unless he needs a spike on his team like Okuni? I mean his advantage is in tight damage control. Either skip a color or don't pop a skill to stay under a threshold but when the time comes to explode I'm not seeing the potential.

I don't have Ichigo on any of my accounts, but from what I have read he is outclassed by some of the other rainbow leads. He isn't even on most tier lists anymore and if he is he's at the bottom.

Rukia was the gem from this collab, she's now at the top of most tier lists. With the right subs she can clear anything in the game. I really wanted her on my NA account, but I cannot afford wasting stones on anymore pulls.

Quantum

I'm at 9.5%. Not sure if it'll hold, but I am not going to try again.

I really wanted to get a crown, and I have an almost perfect team - perhaps I'm not as good as I think I am - or maybe I'm just not getting good boards

I ran it way too many times and the best I've done was 5.2%

- otoh I'm having fun in the jpn version starting from scratch - its been awhile since I've started at rank 5. (well other than the new android account in US too)

Bladelaw

I really wanted to get a crown, and I have an almost perfect team - perhaps I'm not as good as I think I am - or maybe I'm just not getting good boards

I ran it way too many times and the best I've done was 5.2%

- otoh I'm having fun in the jpn version starting from scratch - its been awhile since I've started at rank 5. (well other than the new android account in US too)

If you're running the ideal team then yeah, you're pretty much at the mercy of getting a good board. I've watched a couple clear vids and for the trash floors a TPA clears it. Verdandi active is vital for clearing Neptune quickly and 1 green TPA + 1 red row + 2 combos does it. Rodin drops the predras. Spike hard on Athena. 2 rows + 1 red TPA + skyfall/board combos. The JP clear vids are insane and I shudder to think the level of luck required for getting in the 1%

b33r

If you're running the ideal team then yeah, you're pretty much at the mercy of getting a good board. I've watched a couple clear vids and for the trash floors a TPA clears it. Verdandi active is vital for clearing Neptune quickly and 1 green TPA + 1 red row + 2 combos does it. Rodin drops the predras. Spike hard on Athena. 2 rows + 1 red TPA + skyfall/board combos. The JP clear vids are insane and I shudder to think the level of luck required for getting in the 1%

Yep luck is very crucial. Best I've gotten is 5.9%. My main problem is the predras, shortest poison cd I have is lilith at skill rank 2. So I have to stall one turn before floor 4. If I can skill her up before it ends it will help.

Oh and I can kill Neptune with one green TPA with 2 Sets and Verdandi on shivadragon, so if you have those cards he'll be faster and save an active.

Bladelaw

Yep luck is very crucial. Best I've gotten is 5.9%. My main problem is the predras, shortest poison cd I have is lilith at skill rank 2. So I have to stall one turn before floor 4. If I can skill her up before it ends it will help.

Oh and I can kill Neptune with one green TPA with 2 Sets and Verdandi on shivadragon, so if you have those cards he'll be faster and save an active.

I'm lacking Set so I'm just running with a Verdandi team. I'm going to pull in the Bleach poisoner since he's max skilled. I'm just hoping to break into the 10-20% bracket.

Quantum

actually after reading this I'm realizing I do not have the "ideal" team as I have been using Ares instead of SET. the TPA makes a big difference when time is at stake.

the 5.2% was actually done without verdandi (although I did use verdandi a number of times, I just realized I could wipe neptune with ares.)

my best run team was ShivaD/ares/ares/urd/rodin/ShivaD

I have dual SET - just never Uvo'd them ><

I'm ok without a crown - although this might be my best shot - I'm going to work on ichigo side project - would like to skill him before the collab ends (forfeiting +eggs this time around)

b33r

I'm lacking Set so I'm just running with a Verdandi team. I'm going to pull in the Bleach poisoner since he's max skilled. I'm just hoping to break into the 10-20% bracket.

Ooh, that's a good idea. I may try to max skill the bleach guy and use him.

hermit7

Finished up zuoh just awaiting his uevo. Need one more skill up as well, not sure when the mat rotation is going to occur but I may throw a lone pii on him.

Starting to plus gadius now, and am going to follow it up with a fodder for Orchid. I guess she is my next target for a hyper team. That will be about all of the plusses for this event and then next time finish it up.

Bladelaw

Well my second hypermax is Scheat and Jesus fuck does she do a lot of damage.

Is the auto rcv thing 15% of the cards base rcv or does it include plusses?

unrealist

Would Ra Dragon be a good buy if the sole purpose is not for Arena? I mean .. there are lots more to the game than Arena .. is the chicken a good all rounder?

b33r

Well my second hypermax is Scheat and Jesus fuck does she do a lot of damage.

Is the auto rcv thing 15% of the cards base rcv or does it include plusses?

Yeah Scheat does crazy damage plussed, awoken orochi is pretty great to if you can grab one one day. I'm slowly plussing my water team on JP right now, I'm getting good plus eggs cause there is always ways to get them, but I'm never awake for tamadras so I have some cards almost full plus that still need a few awakenings...

If rcv latent is like it was, then based on non plus. 1000 rcv would only auto heal 150, but with the right card and 5 of them, could add some help.

yami4ct

Would Ra Dragon be a good buy if the sole purpose is not for Arena? I mean .. there are lots more to the game than Arena .. is the chicken a good all rounder?

He's an amazing all around leader, but if you're not looking for an Arena lead, you probably are sitting on a team that can do that content without the significant MP purchase.

Outside of very specific circumstances, I wouldn't recommend him without 2x D Kali (Or 1 D Kali and 1 D Kali like EG Ichigo, Rag Drag, etc.) and 1 of the good B/G Subs (Isis or Orochi).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Was about to sell Wonder Woman yesterday...now i see that she might get an Uevo. Dodged a bullet xD

Just noticed that the weapon series are getting their sub attributes changed. Not exactly top tier subs, but this is a much needed change. I may find a place for my max skilled Zweihander.

Bladelaw

So I ran the Bleach collab on Expert and I'm not getting great luck on weapon drops. Reddit suggested Intermediate and running the numbers getting 1 Rukia sword every 5 runs is more efficient than almost anything else (since swords aren't guaranteed drops anywhere). Is this sound? I'd really like to max skill Rukia without burning Piis. I'd rather they go to Orochi (who I finally pulled). and the sooner I do this the sooner I can go back to farming +eggs. My thinking is 10x descends will come back before the Bleach collab and 3x skill ups.

At my stamina level and an average of 4 +eggs per Tengu run it costs under 15 stones to fully plus a card (not including level ups and overflow). Not to mention running the dungeon pretty much all day (relative to the time one should spend on a mobile game).

I was watching some Rukia clear vids of the various roguelike dungeons and they had a bit more HP than I do with the same team comp. A couple hits that would kill me they can take and heal back. Also they went with Nut over a board changer.

I'm running Rukia, A. Orochi, Scheat, Famiel, uuevo Andromeda, Rukia. and it's silly how much more damage Scheat does. Would Nut make more sense than Famiel? The short cooldown (almost nil after Rukia haste) is nice but it's redundant with the two Rukias.

Ducarmel

Nut is less rng dependent and fits the playstyle of rukia better then famial. But I would want a fb changer for most descends even if it's famial.

Lyrian

Jp getting DC Collab for a 3rd time and na still has not even got the buffs from its first update right?

That would be correct.

Reddit is awful salty at the moment at Wonder Woman receiving an unusually good UEvo, over Supergirl who only got a leader skill tweak.

2 green rows, 1 SB, 1 SBR, plus balance killer, 1 turn delay with an orb move time extension, and not completely horrible stats (not outstanding either) on a collab silver? Power creep anyone?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That would be correct.

Reddit is awful salty at the moment at Wonder Woman receiving an unusually good UEvo, over Supergirl who only got a leader skill tweak.

2 green rows, 1 SB, 1 SBR, plus balance killer, 1 turn delay with an orb move time extension, and not completely horrible stats (not outstanding either) on a collab silver? Power creep anyone?
She would be perfect with that active skill for my Astaroth team because of the lack of fingers.... But she isn't a devil or healer. I hate how Gungho drops all these green rows subs without a more popular/useful leader...

Bladelaw

I'm 1/13 on Rukia skill ups. WTF.
Every farmable is max skilled. Every gold roll on the collab REM is max skilled except her. I just wish I could consistently get the sword to drop. Ichigo's drops like candy.

chrono01

So I ran the Bleach collab on Expert and I'm not getting great luck on weapon drops. Reddit suggested Intermediate and running the numbers getting 1 Rukia sword every 5 runs is more efficient than almost anything else (since swords aren't guaranteed drops anywhere). Is this sound?
I'd like to know this too. I don't have a lot of stamina, so running the 40/45 stamina ones drain me really quickly. I've gone through two full bars so far and not a single Rukia sword drop, just lots of gold or Byakuya drops. :/

I might try the lower difficulties myself. I keep getting Ichigo's drop, despite not having him. Thanks, game!

Edit - Zero Rukia drops out of three stones used. I've tried Int, Expert, Master, Legend, doesn't matter. The only drops I get from Byakuya are gold or a copy of him, no weapon. I have plenty of the other weapons, though. I'm about ready to give up. :/

Edit #2: Never mind, I'm not using any more stones on this, I'm tired of wasting them. I'll just use natural stamina and see what I can get. I'm doubtful I'll even get close to max-skilling Rukia, but whatever. It's clear they set the weapon drop-rate for the most valuable unit (Rukia) as the lowest. I can't even decide which difficulty is best to farm them in since they never drop. I'll probably stick to Expert, since at least they give me just under five runs for a full stamina bar.

Quantum

- as suggested earlier - with 2x drop I've been running the lowest stamina - I haven't used stones but I've gotten Ichigo to level 5. (I was running higher ~25 sta yesterday)

- he is the only rem I rolled so not sure about the other drops - but I can say its like 10:1 Zangetsu drop to Zanpakuto drop

- I would be really pissed off except I've had tremendous luck with skill up for Ichigo - like 4/8

edit: ichigo completed! - tempted to farm plusses now for him - but I don't know if he is actually worthy.

Today I hit 600 days of PAD!

congrats - I like 100 days for them stones!

edit 2:
What the hell is up with the JPN server - I realize that its been mentioned that its better - but today I got a free stone, a tamadra dungeon (free stone) and a red pii dungeon (free stone) - holy shit.

jay23

Today I hit 600 days of PAD!

Just running tengu when I can. Trying to decide who is going to get all these + eggs.

Congrats

I hit 600 days today too, can't believe I've been playing a mobile game for that long.

TFW when you've been playing for 600 days and still haven't committed to fully plussing a team
:(

jiggle

edit 2:
What the hell is up with the JPN server - I realize that its been mentioned that its better - but today I got a free stone, a tamadra dungeon (free stone) and a red pii dungeon (free stone) - holy shit.
Sounds like a normal day lol

hermit7

New biweekly skills up Kraken Rider and has invades/drops for Typhon and Ryune. Phoenix Rider skillup finally incoming?

Yep it is called flampy. &#128533;

Also working on gadius and am going to begin plusing one of the mats for Orchid once that is finished. Figure that is going to be a good team to work on.

Illucio

Banned
I'm 1/13 on Rukia skill ups. WTF.
Every farmable is max skilled. Every gold roll on the collab REM is max skilled except her. I just wish I could consistently get the sword to drop. Ichigo's drops like candy.

Ichigo's does drop like candy.

Rukia was nice about being skilled up until she had 1 left. I ended up spending 4 stones to run Bleach Collab to get her swords.

I think its better to feed multiple swords at once, I found more luck getting skill ups feeding them all at once then each separately.

jay23

TFW you've been playing for almost 1000 days and still don't have a single max plus unit.

Lol damnn..well with 10x now you can change that whenever you want. Farming tengu master is not too bad and it's fast even without a push button team.

While trying to get red dragon fruits for incoming yamato ults I finished up my blonia

O0xSjZ2.jpg

yami4ct

Tried Challenge 10 again now that I have a Ra Dra and Awoken Orochi. Got really close to taking out Parvati, flubbed like 3 combos in a row and I was done. Somehow when I'm trying to match 5 orb types instead of 6, my consistency goes in the toilet. If this were an A. Ra team, I'd be hitting those every time. Mental blocks are weird.

colinp

Banned
Congrats

I hit 600 days today too, can't believe I've been playing a mobile game for that long.

TFW when you've been playing for 600 days and still haven't committed to fully plussing a team
:(

Congrats!

And no worries, I'm in the same boat re fully plussing a team. ;)

The last couple of adjustments in JP finally made it trivial to +297 a monster without having to lift a finger, this includes dailies that naturally have 10x rates as well as challenge dungeon rewards that give you +99 monsters straight up

ZeroAKA

Lol damnn..well with 10x now you can change that whenever you want. Farming tengu master is not too bad and it's fast even without a push button team.
I'm just too lazy and don't want to use stones to farm + eggs.

Anybody have an idea when USA is supposed to get this collab?

Because whenever that happens, there goes all my money
We actually already got the DC Collab once. This is a new one for BvS, so I imagine it won't be too long now.

Jagernaut

We actually already got the DC Collab once. This is a new one for BvS, so I imagine it won't be too long now.

You can still farm plus eggs without stones. I let my stamina completely fill up and then buy the Tengu dungeon and run the lower level 9 times. That's almost 40 plus eggs in 1 hour.

It took me a really long time for my first hypermax card (Ronia) but thanks to 10x descends and now Star Treasure I have 6 and I'm working on the 7th.

Quantum

You can still farm plus eggs without stones. I let my stamina completely fill up and then buy the Tengu dungeon and run the lower level 9 times. That's almost 40 plus eggs in 1 hour.

It took me a really long time for my first hypermax card (Ronia) but thanks to 10x descends and now Star Treasure I have 6 and I'm working on the 7th.

I'm super lazy too - I am not really into farming all day kinda stuff - I highly recommend this - tengu 30 sta is just a gift.

my first hypermax I think took 2+ years - I have 6 now as well after 1100+ days

I've already spent about 20 stones farming +eggs. I don't even know what to do with all of them. Currently have 14 hypermaxed mules after hypermaxing a second Rodin and second Set.

With the second hypermaxed Set I took the cookie-cutter team (ShivaDra, Verdandi, Set, Set, Rodin, ShivaDra) for a test run in Athena challenge even though I was still sitting at .9%. Got .2% on my first try. That should hold. Actually I don't have any skillups on the second Set. I'll just wait for his awoken form.

hermit7

I'm super lazy too - I am not really into farming all day kinda stuff - I highly recommend this - tengu 30 sta is just a gift.

my first hypermax I think took 2+ years - I have 6 now as well after 1100+ days

This is too true. I may spend and hour and a stone on tengu but I get kind of bored farming so I would rather do other things.

Even with only a stone I still get around 80 eggs or so with a full stamina bar.

jay23

I'm the same way I don't really use stones for anything other than rem and box space. I try to take advantage of 10x because it's such an easy way to get plus eggs.

Right now I'm stuck in this weird place were I can clear most end game content but if the goal is to beat Arena 1&2 then I'd be wasting time plussing my best team (awoken ra).

bjork

Day 300, got 10 stones. Gonna do one pull on Bleach, one pull on the regular machine.

Here we go...
Yoriuchi, seems ok?

and...
Beast Rider, a dupe for a guy I never use. Yay?

b33r

Though I couldn't pull Rukia, some people on my friend list did. I have a nut sitting in my box and I think I will level her up and pair with friends Rukia's for fun. Team will have more hp but only a awoken shiva type multiplier. Still great rcv though. It will be a fun team to mess around with.

J0dy77

Need some advice GAF. Trying to figure out my next team to hypermax. With all of this tengu farming I can probably complete an entire team. I'm debating between Thor and Awoken Pandora. I'm trying to find the team that will be most consistent at clearing arena 2 (if there is such a thing).

Here are the teams :

nHbDJpQl.jpg
OtWq8ZNl.jpg

coy

I love 10x! Both my Pandoras are done and DQ is close. I need 3 more skillups on Z8 to finish him off before moving on to the other Thoria subs (Apocalypse, Raphael, and maybe Saria though I wish she was Apollo instead). If I can do that, I'll move onto Pandora's subs.

Edit: If your goal is Arena J0dy, the way those teams are constituted I'd say your Thor team is the better candidate.

colinp

Banned
Does it make more sense to 297 Ronia (a common sub and occasional leader) or I&I (only a leader) first?

Hmmm writing that out makes me lean towards Ronia.

Top Bottom