• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

jiggle

Pulled Sylvie as well!

After coming oh so close to having a functional dark team, GungHo has given me an obscene amount of green row characters over the last few events.

I'm guessing you are missing Perseus, as he is not listed in any of your options?

1) As everyone here will tell you, 80% SBR = 0% SBR, as you will fail that saving throw way, way more often than 20% would suggest.

2) 2 AFreyjas seems redundant. How often would you need 4 turns of spike damage in a dungeon? (Also, would you even be able to generate 4 boards capable of maximizing those turns? That seems to be a tall order. You have 3 changers, but they are all on slow timers [Australis is 10, Drake is 12]. What happens if you get orb trolled early in a dungeon?)

3) Same problem really applies here as well. Fastest orb converter is 10 turns still. Team has only a few skill boosts (Freyja has 1, Drake 3 upon upcoming Uevo, Gonia has 2, Sylvie has 1; total 7) Even at max skill, you are going to need 3 rounds to stall before Australis is ready. That can be problematic if there is an early trap (Say, Floor 1) and you get orb trolled.

Extra move time is situational, although generally useful. Can you solve row boards now with time to spare on the move timer? Time extends are critical for row teams on 7x6 boards, where there is much more real estate that needs to be worked with to create a single row, if not multiples.

You really need a sub-10 turn green orb changer to deal with bad boards. Cards like Perseus or Sasuke can really help with this and stabilize a green row team.

No Perseus unfortunately
Otherwise he'd solve so many of my problems lolol
Hmm didn't even factor in needing faster cards
I guess I can substitute in verdandi or liu bei when needed
Though they are not optimum

razterik

I still think her bindability is the biggest trick with her.

I don't disagree and that is a big issue. But she's also putting out huge amounts of damage. It's like a superior version of Raoh or A.Astaroth, both of which are already incredibly capable teams.

Heads up to anyone Tengu farming, 30 stamina version appears to be even better than 50. Average a little over 4 eggs per run.

yami4ct

She's fantastic. There's zero doubt there. The question is is she A. Panda/NepDra fantastic or RaDra fantastic? I think she's somewhere in-between, sitting maybe a bit closer on the A. Panda side.

The other question is how much investment does she require to be truly great? I think most of her best of the best teams are going to require at least 2x of her in addition to having super specific subs like Gadius and Uriel. That's a minimum 600k MP investment. I imagine for a lot of people, buying a slightly less powerful MP leader might be the smarter way to go.

razterik

Even if half your subs are doing only 20.25x, you're still fielding something that can clear Arena 1/2? I don't think the 900k MP team is that necessary in the long run since GungHo is likely going to introduce a 6* whale sub, even a single dupe probably is overkill for all but hardest content.

Some of this is me justifying my hyped MP purchase, but I have been quite impressed so far.

Another Tengu PSA, consider max skilling a couple while farming eggs. He's a great skill inheritance target with 4 skill boosts and a low countdown. Slap Vritra or Lucifer on him for quick nuke farming.

yami4ct

I was speaking on the card in its current state, but an Eschamali esque whale sub could change things a good amount. Still, for a lot of people, buying a dupe with MP might end up being more viable than pulling blindly for a 6 star GFE. I still think the fact her sub pool is as shallow as it is is going to hurt her viability for a lot of players. The same can be said about most MP monsters, but she seems particularly specific.

yami4ct

Best tip for Athena ranking? Have a ShivaDra team.

Other than that, go with something with a constant multiplier. You're going to want either poison or true damage for the PreDra floor. Poison is ideal because you can then clear them without getting the 'skill kill' deduction, but if you have to use true damage, then it's better than wasting time. You want to get as few combos as possible to kill the floor as you can. The time for extra combos really hurts you on long dungeons like this one. The time penalty can be a killer.

I totally don't expect this score to hold. But I'm not gonna worry about it until it drops below 1%. Maybe not even then, with precious 10x time being lost. We'll see.

EiNKLDN.jpg
KZU457H.jpg

edit: Oh dang, didn't realize the pics were so big on desktop. Quoted for sanity.

hermit7

Even if half your subs are doing only 20.25x, you're still fielding something that can clear Arena 1/2? I don't think the 900k MP team is that necessary in the long run since GungHo is likely going to introduce a 6* whale sub, even a single dupe probably is overkill for all but hardest content.

Some of this is me justifying my hyped MP purchase, but I have been quite impressed so far.

Another Tengu PSA, consider max skilling a couple while farming eggs. He's a great skill inheritance target with 4 skill boosts and a low countdown. Slap Vritra or Lucifer on him for quick nuke farming.

Yeah I may have to target her for my next mp purchase as well.

I have a great team already prepared for her, gadius, uriel, uriel, valen.

Damage reduction is up 100 percent of the time with skill reductions. And has 100% sbr. May finish off my zuoh and then start plusing gadius and uriel, probably keep a fodder fully plussed for her as well.

Ducarmel

Got a dupe Zouh for my 250 pull

I had 50 stones for bleach collab, wanted Rukia but I got everything except for Rukia and Ishigo.

Think I'm just going to sell everything for mp.

yami4ct

I would need another Uriel and a Gadius to justify her on my US account and 2x Uriel in JP. Maybe now that she's around, Uriel will at least be popping up in PCGF and maybe we'll see regular Angel godfests most often. I'm definitely not going to write her off as an MP purchase, since I have key team pieces on both my accounts.

Monster Strike has just instituted a Buyback feature so you can get back monsters you accidentally sold. It hasn't happened to me often, but I'd love to have GH do something similar.

chrono01

I noticed the Bleach collaboration and thought to myself "I like Bleach" (the series, not the substance). I had 82 Magic Stones, and told myself I'd keep pulling until:

A) I run out

or

B) I get a gold egg

- Rangiku
- Uryu
- Uryu
- Yoruichi
- Uryu
- Yoruichi
- Rukia

Done.

I really want Ichigo, but I'm not about to tempt fate more than I have. I need Sheat now, though. :/

I have a great team already prepared for her, gadius, uriel, uriel, valen.
I'm planning on Gadius/Uriel/Uriel/(NY)Mitsuki.

Just finished skilling Gadius. I was going to +egg my Krishna team next but now I'm going to consider going full Orchid. Happy I didn't sell half my box for Yomidra now.

Lyrian

No Perseus unfortunately
Otherwise he'd solve so many of my problems lolol
Hmm didn't even factor in needing faster cards
I guess I can substitute in verdandi or liu bei when needed
Though they are not optimum

That's only a little better in terms of speed. (Your previous builds already had CD 10 orb changers on it.)

Liu Bei is 10 turns, Verdandi is 9. (To be fair, Perseus is 8 turns.)

The key here is that you need to construct a team that can have any one of these orb changers up on turn 1. Otherwise, you may need to sub in Cu Chu onto the team to avoid potential problems.

The reason being is that more than a fair number of Mythicals (or higher) will have Floor 1/Turn 1 traps on them that give no time to stall for skills and **must** be cleared on the very first turn. The most visible example of this is Cave of Dreaming on Thursdays. The player gets exactly one turn to clear off all the dragon seeds. Miss any of them and it is game over. Rolled a bad board with no one up on the very first turn to fix the board? RIP 50 stamina. Having at least one orb changer up on Turn 1 is a lifesaver. Also, one fast orb changer will allow for some sort of orb conversion, if needed, between all of the slower orb changers to get out of jams as they occur (and they will).

You can run the team with only CD 10+ orb changers, but it will be a slow starting team. If the dungeon requires you to be ready to activate on turn one, you are opening yourself to the potential for orb trolling and quick losses unless you can ensure that someone is ready on the first turn of the dungeon.

razterik

Goetia now spawns 5 dark orbs in the newest patch, so not in NA yet. Nep doesn't make any orbs if that's what you need. But her active is a better enhance burst.

Rixa

Goetia now spawns 5 dark orbs in the newest patch, so not in NA yet. Nep doesn't make any orbs if that's what you need. But her active is a better enhance burst.

Oh they upped Goetia, nice. Usually I do combo with Haku & Okuni / Nepnep, depending how many enhanced orbs I get and does the boss have shield. 1.5x damage boos helps so much when fiddling with YomiDra.

PSA: I've found with 1.5x drops, 30 stam Tengu is better to run than 50 stam. Floors 1-4 are still guaranteed drops and Tengu still seems to drop more often than the treasure chest. PADX says master is even more stam efficient for gold and exp, too. And it's faster to run without the 3rd floor preempt.

razterik

Yeah, kind of mentioned that earlier. Tengu drops about 60%, making this the best farming opportunity NA will have for a while. At higher ranks (500+), it even surpasses Kanetsugu/Sowilo factoring rank ups. Enjoy it while it lasts, JP has removed the double bonuses for coin dungeons after the patch that displays 10x rates on specific dungeons.

Yeah, kind of mentioned that earlier. Tengu drops about 60%, making this the best farming opportunity NA will have for a while. At higher ranks (500+), it even surpasses Kanetsugu/Sowilo factoring rank ups. Enjoy it while it lasts, JP has removed the double bonuses for coin dungeons after the patch that displays 10x rates on specific dungeons.
Ah. Missed your post. Yeah it's definitely a sweet deal.

On another farm note. 1.5x makes the 4th floor of normal difficulty Taiko dungeon have a very high drop rate. It spawns both skillup mobs for Dark Rider and Wee Jas. It's only 5 floors and 15 stam per run, so really quick and cheap for anyone looking to skillup those monsters. I believe it's guaranteed drop during 2x, but it seems at least 80% or better still with 1.5x.

smbu2000

Well I've been enjoying trying out my new teams and have been doing pretty well with my RaDra team. It's not too difficult getting all 6 colors although at first I had to remember to include hearts as well as he's different from A.Ra.

My current team is RaDra/Ragnarok Dragon/Maeda Keiji/Indra/Isis. All are hyper except for Maeda Keiji. Isis also has Lum's skill as well. 10k (ignore defense) damage to all enemies and 1 turn delay at 9 turns. Very useful!
I have to put Indra on the team or I won't have 100% SBR. Why doesn't RaDra have an SBR? He has 8 awakenings...#9 could be an SBR. It would make his teams more flexible.

Tried out my Sephiroth (attacker/devil bonus) team paired with my iPad Inuyasha (attacker bonus) team on Kaguya Hime. Worked just fine paired together.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2756

The vids I watched had a team of XM, Gadius, Gadius, Red Riding Hood, XM, Friend XM. I'd swap in Yamato for the other XM but that's totally a team I could make.
The only problem with Yamato is that he isn't a healer type, so he wouldn't get the HP or ATK bonus.

Bladelaw

The only problem with Yamato is that he isn't a healer type, so he wouldn't get the HP or ATK bonus.

Yeah but I'm lacking a Uriel so my only other fire healers are:
Echidna/Xmas Echidna
Gadius (x2)
Valen
and Red Riding Hood.

I guess I could run XM, Gadius, Gadius, Valen, RRH, XM.

100% SBR, Bind "immunity" via heart rows and RRH's active, A shield on top of the crazy HP. I think I might buy her over Yomidra. My AALuci team is plenty solid but is wrecked by binds (I sub in Sleeping Beauty sometimes...). I even have her evo mats.

My concern is trying to fix a bad Gadius board. Uriel is perfect for that but sadly I'm missing him.

What's the best difficulty to run for Rukia skill-up's (if anyone knows)?

on 2x I'm 3/5 on Legendary

+egg farming is so much more tolerable in Tengu. I'll probably run Sowilo when I can set aside an hour or so to do it because I need Apollo skill-ups, but Tengu is just so brainless. I can even use a handful of different teams to mix it up. Wish I had a push button team, but that'll have to wait for another time.

yami4ct

And here's a convenient video showcasing Xiang Mei manhandling tough Arena 2 floors, including Parvati. Needs a delay at the end, but he had bad luck.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPJiVzO5G1c

She has much finer damage control than I really expected. Nice. She definitely super benefits from the heart orb generation+haste of running multiples. While I think we'll find teams that only use one and are viable, I think the majority of clear teams we'll see using 2x+ of them. The benefits are so high and it's not like there's a huge amount of alternate options.

I'm curious what her 6* GFE sub will look like. I'm guess Fire Orb generation from non-hearts, haste, and some fire row enhances.

Bladelaw

Thanks!

I've been having some pretty good luck on Master, so I might just stick with that. If things turn bad, I'll move up to Legendary.

Nice! I wasn't happy with my general drop rate on Master. If it was better I'd do that. at ~160 stamina it's more convenient too.

I'm also really digging my Rukia team, I can put pretty much any blue TPA subs and see results. I'm not too excited about her HP but it's manageable with her RCV. I do think Skuld/Blonia would be a huge boon to me though. My blue board changers are pretty limited in scope. Karin's awakenings don't really synergize with the team, and Famiel's boards are too trolly. any time she makes a board with only 3 blue orbs I die a little inside.

I'm currently running
Rukia
Scheat
Famiel
Sumire
A. Orochi
Rukia.

Susceptible to binds but I could sub in Snow White or L Meta if I'm desperate. Rukia, Scheat, Famiel, and Orochi deal stupid amounts of damage with just 1 TPA and 5 total combos. A full activation has cleared everything I've thrown at it. If I had Isis I'd run this team against Arena.

EDIT: I'm sitting on a bunch of Bubpys. I could max out Scheat and have a couple left over. I'm hoping to Max out Rukia before the collab ends but even with 3x I'm not doing too hot. 5 drops no skill ups.

b33r

Since Rukia is a blue team, they naturally have high hps. The teams I've seen with her cards maxed have over 30k hp. With that and her crazy recovery she is pretty beastly. I put 5 attack latents on Scheat, which was actually stupid because it barely added anything, should of put hp latents on her.

Edit: Tired of Tengu heh. Trying to hyper the important subs in my fire box, then moving to dark. The fire carnival was great, maxed two Sets, Cao Cao, and Yamato in very little time.

Bladelaw

Since Rukia is a blue team, they naturally have high hps. The teams I've seen with her cards maxed have over 30k hp. With that and her crazy recovery she is pretty beastly. I put 5 attack latents on Scheat, which was actually stupid because it barely added anything, should of put hp latents on her.

I'm still working on maxing. It's tough to decide what to do. Run 10x descends to make Scheat the beast she's capable of being? Run Bleach collab for otherwise impossible Rukia skillups? Run Multi dungeons while I can still run them solo (especially for Belial skill up)?

I'm probably going to dump my extra HP latents on Scheat as you said. I'm sitting on a bunch of atk and autoheal ones I don't want to sell but can't think of a use for.

Quantum

installing jpn version on a new android device - this might drive me batty.

I guess its downloading the missing information from a server in jpn? its taking for ever to update after sideloading the .apk

- got 5% on the challenge but not sure if worth pursuing 1%.

b33r

I'm still working on maxing. It's tough to decide what to do. Run 10x descends to make Scheat the beast she's capable of being? Run Bleach collab for otherwise impossible Rukia skillups? Run Multi dungeons while I can still run them solo (especially for Belial skill up)?

I'm probably going to dump my extra HP latents on Scheat as you said. I'm sitting on a bunch of atk and autoheal ones I don't want to sell but can't think of a use for.

I can't remember which one I ran on JP, it was either the 25 or 40 stamina one on 2x drops that got me the most Rukia swords.

hermit7

When was the last content update in terms of released uevos and such?

Seems like a month at least. I have had all the mats for Artemis ready and prepped just sitting there.

Even have all the woodpy to max skill her.

Seeing as how everyone seemed to be getting good memorial rolls, I finally pulled both my 150 and 250 rank pulls. Got my umpteenth LMeta and dupe Maeda Keiji. I know some JP teams are inheriting MK. I'll keep the dupe.

Really happy to see the upgrades to Academy cards. Luci basically gets an uvo minus the art change. Isis gets the awakenings she needed. Not gonna be farming Arena any time soon, but the TE and SBR will make team building much more flexible.

Bladelaw

Skill ups suck. I've managed to max skill every droppable enemy in the Bleach collab except the boss, Rukia and Ichigo only 1 skill up each after basically doing nothing else all day. Plenty of sword drops but RNG just shit on me. Are we getting another 2x drop boost before 3x skill up turns off? I don't want to burn a bunch of box space waiting for another skill up chance booster.

If the collab ends and I still don't have Rukia maxed I'm just burning the Pys. I have enough to max her and Scheat and everyone else has easily farmable skill ups (except Orochi...)

EDIT: RNGesus hears my pleas. Ichigo went 2/2 so only 3 more levels to go.

If I max skill him I'm thinking of making this team:
Ichigo
D. Kali
L. Kali
A. Yomi
A. Sakuya
Ichigo

100% SBR, All colors represented, bind clears via hearts or Sakuya's active. All the time in the world to move orbs, plus a spike via A. Yomi (how does her active mesh with Ichigo's leader skill?).

If I ever max skill my second D. Kali I'll swap her in for L. Kali. Any glaring problems with this team I'm missing? Only thing I can think of is finding a viable flex to put a shield in. A. Yomi for Kushi is pretty much my only option. Maybe Diza for L. Kali since I have 3 board changers already?

Skill ups suck. I've managed to max skill every droppable enemy in the Bleach collab except the boss, Rukia and Ichigo only 1 skill up each after basically doing nothing else all day. Plenty of sword drops but RNG just shit on me. Are we getting another 2x drop boost before 3x skill up turns off? I don't want to burn a bunch of box space waiting for another skill up chance booster.

If the collab ends and I still don't have Rukia maxed I'm just burning the Pys. I have enough to max her and Scheat and everyone else has easily farmable skill ups (except Orochi...)

Tomorrow's 2x drops. You should probably farm plus eggs while you can, maybe skill up on 2X days, but I'd consider piis if it's not going well. Tengu plus egg farming is so good that I can't do anything else.

J0dy77

This is the best I'm going to do on the athena challenge. I should have broke the top ten but I foolishly went for higher matches on the easy clear floors, cost me a ton of time.

Not going to waste anymore stamina while 10x is going on.

Team was urd/shivadra with set, ra, kagetsuchi, red Valk.

v6E6ZvBl.jpg

Bladelaw

Tomorrow's 2x drops. You should probably farm plus eggs while you can, maybe skill up on 2X days, but I'd consider piis if it's not going well. Tengu plus egg farming is so good that I can't do anything else.

Good call. If nothing else getting Scheat her +atk eggs should be a priority. It's too critical to making her the beast she was meant to be.

+egg farming is so much more tolerable in Tengu. I'll probably run Sowilo when I can set aside an hour or so to do it because I need Apollo skill-ups, but Tengu is just so brainless. I can even use a handful of different teams to mix it up. Wish I had a push button team, but that'll have to wait for another time.
So 10x works in the coin descends too? I thought it was only the daily ones.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Wow, being Rodin-less really starts to hurt...

Got 100,500 the day before yesterday and it was 0.7% and today it is 0.8% already.

Bladelaw

Ok so I did some experimenting with Ichigo as a lead and came away...less than impressed. Given the requirements of his leader skill I imagined the 76x bomb would be pretty satisfying. It was not. Am I missing something?

Skill used plus match everything should give me 76x + dual god killer awakenings for ~228x on Ichigo leads

I popped a D Kali board, nailed everything (even a dark TPA) and the damage was around 400k per card. Everything was max level but minimal plus eggs.

At this point I'd rather run Kirin or A. Ra if I'm going rainbow lead. Unless he needs a spike on his team like Okuni? I mean his advantage is in tight damage control. Either skip a color or don't pop a skill to stay under a threshold but when the time comes to explode I'm not seeing the potential.

Top Bottom