• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

hermit7

Does it make more sense to 297 Ronia (a common sub and occasional leader) or I&I (only a leader) first?

Hmmm writing that out makes me lean towards Ronia.

I&i definitely is the better card. Depends though on who you use more and such though.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I've already spent about 20 stones farming +eggs. I don't even know what to do with all of them. Currently have 14 hypermaxed mules after hypermaxing a second Rodin and second Set.

With the second hypermaxed Set I took the cookie-cutter team (ShivaDra, Verdandi, Set, Set, Rodin, ShivaDra) for a test run in Athena challenge even though I was still sitting at .9%. Got .2% on my first try. That should hold. Actually I don't have any skillups on the second Set. I'll just wait for his awoken form.

For some poor Rodin-less peasant like me...just added 99 atk pluses on the second Set...Run ShivaDra+ 2 Sets+ Urd+ Ares+ Rodin friend

Got 102,XXX and get back to 0.7%...definitely worth it if it holds...
Used to have 100,500 and literally watched it fells from 0.7% to 0.8% to 0.9% and today finally 1.1%...

Somehow I think the smaller population of NA got ranking dungeon score inflated...I watched youtube for JP you got 95,XXX you can get into within 1%.

J0dy77

Does it make more sense to 297 Ronia (a common sub and occasional leader) or I&I (only a leader) first?

Hmmm writing that out makes me lean towards Ronia.

I would vote I&I depending in your box. She's a solid leader that can clear tons of end game content. The meta has passed ronia by and unless she gets an upgrade there are better choices to use on mono red teams.

colinp

Banned
Thanks guys! I went with I&I as my blue team and subs are all pretty solid.

Wish I knew more people running blue teams though. Definitely the least represented color among my friend list.

b33r

Thanks guys! I went with I&I as my blue team and subs are all pretty solid.

Wish I knew more people running blue teams though. Definitely the least represented color among my friend list.

My son's account, really I play it more than him these days, uses Ryune, Summurd, and just got a Blonia recently. Ryune is in slot 1 and I am working on Blonia. Ryune is plussed out, but I still need a skill up or two on her.

Id is 388,876,385 if you want too add it. Just know I am slow to skill up stuff on this account because I have enough trouble skilling up stuff on my account.

colinp

Banned
My son's account, really I play it more than him these days, uses Ryune, Summurd, and just got a Blonia recently. Ryune is in slot 1 and I am working on Blonia. Ryune is plussed out, but I still need a skill up or two on her.

Id is 388,876,385 if you want too add it. Just know I am slow to skill up stuff on this account because I have enough trouble skilling up stuff on my account.

Sent! No worries about the skillups, I'm not particularly good at it either.

smbu2000

Oh, I didn't even realize I did this, a screen full of 297s. GH has made it much easier to 297 characters lately.

IMG_5865_297screen_zpsdvvpwxma.jpg
I also have Akechi and Kite at 297, but they are on the next screen.

For some poor Rodin-less peasant like me...just added 99 atk pluses on the second Set...Run ShivaDra+ 2 Sets+ Urd+ Ares+ Rodin friend

Got 102,XXX and get back to 0.7%...definitely worth it if it holds...
Used to have 100,500 and literally watched it fells from 0.7% to 0.8% to 0.9% and today finally 1.1%...

Somehow I think the smaller population of NA got ranking dungeon score inflated...I watched youtube for JP you got 95,XXX you can get into within 1%.
Those videos can also be a bit deceiving. Depending on when it was taken, that will also affect the score. I find that my scores start taking a nosedive on the last day of the dungeon when everybody tries to get in/improve their scores.

b33r

Glad we are finally getting the pii gift dungeons, Japan always has those. You get to choose your pii and get a stone for completing.

jay23

We actually got some good rewards this stream

According to pdx
-3 King Gold gift dungeons for 3 Magic Stones.
-3 Py gift dungeons (re-enter for random color) for 3 stones.
-7,000 PAL points, 1 Tamadra, 2 stone, 2 Py from Shohei challenge

yami4ct

We actually got some good rewards this stream

According to pdx
-3 King Gold gift dungeons for 3 Magic Stones.
-3 Py gift dungeons (re-enter for random color) for 3 stones.
-7,000 PAL points, 1 Tamadra, 2 stone, 2 Py from Shohei challenge

8 stones and 5 py? Nice. Need to refill my stone coffers.

J0dy77

Reposting since this got buried on the bottom of the last page. Help me pad gaf, you're my only hope.

Trying to figure out my next team to hypermax. With all of this tengu farming I can probably complete an entire team. I'm debating between Thor and Awoken Pandora. I'm trying to find the team that will be most consistent at clearing arena 2 (if there is such a thing).

Here are the teams :

nHbDJpQl.jpg
OtWq8ZNl.jpg

smbu2000

Well I sold a lot of silvers and my gold dupes (do I really need 4 Tsubakis or 4 Urds, etc. I kept 2 of each...) and ended up buying Xiang Mei.

I have Uriel (just need 1 more skill level) and 2 x Gadius (both max skilled), so that's a good start for a Healer Fire team. Just need to figure out who else to put there.

Reposting since this got buried on the bottom of the last page. Help me pad gaf, you're my only hope.

Trying to figure out my next team to hypermax. With all of this tengu farming I can probably complete an entire team. I'm debating between Thor and Awoken Pandora. I'm trying to find the team that will be most consistent at clearing arena 2 (if there is such a thing).

Here are the teams :

nHbDJpQl.jpg
OtWq8ZNl.jpg

I'm not an expert, and I don't know how Arena 2 will shake out with skill inheritance, but I might give the slight edge to A. Pandora. I run both teams, and Pandora bursts so easily. I clear most new Descends with Thoria, but that will probably change when Zuoh's ult comes.

Quantum

so bummed

I was cleaning out a gifted alt account and deleted my BF connection to my main account.

this game has so many issues with finality.

- there should be a mistake button if you delete or sell something you didn't mean to
- there should be an account system that has 2 step verification to protect your account

- the second item is why I don't think I'll be spending any more money on this game ever. After my Itunes hack I can't justify spending money without knowing I would be able to get my account back if it was taken
- screw gungho for not protecting the people who actually spend money.

linsivvi

Here are the teams :

nHbDJpQl.jpg
OtWq8ZNl.jpg

Pandora is an absolute beast with the right subs. Haku should probably be replaced by the devil form or another sub if possible. At full +297 and stacked with row enhance, Ronia+Akechi combo generates 20M damage before damage multipliers. It's crazy.

Edit: Ronia is probably not the optimal sub here. I just used it for lazy farming.

J0dy77

Pandora is an absolute beast with the right subs. Haku should probably be replaced by the devil form or another sub if possible. At full +297 and stacked with row enhance, Ronia+Akechi combo generates 20M damage before damage multipliers. It's crazy.

Edit: Ronia is probably not the optimal sub here. I just used it for lazy farming.

Yeah I'm going to roll back haku one I have the awoken upgrade parts for my dupe. The card in the pick is already max skilled in devil form.

I think I'm going to go for Thor first. Being able to add a bunch of actives should make him much stronger and I already have him pentamaxed. It also feels like I need a second Pandora and maybe one other card for an optimal Pandora team. The way this 10x is going I might be able to finish Thor and move to some of Pandora.

Does the event end tomorrow?

hermit7

Yeah I'm going to roll back haku one I have the awoken upgrade parts for my dupe. The card in the pick is already max skilled in devil form.

I think I'm going to go for Thor first. Being able to add a bunch of actives should make him much stronger and I already have him pentamaxed. It also feels like I need a second Pandora and maybe one other card for an optimal Pandora team. The way this 10x is going I might be able to finish Thor and move to some of Pandora.

Does the event end tomorrow?

Drop Persephone for the second Pandora, make it the super ult when it comes out for the rcv. You could also drop zaerog instead. Pretty decent but I don't know if he is ideal

linsivvi

Drop Persephone for the second Pandora, make it the super ult when it comes out for the rcv. You could also drop zaerog instead. Pretty decent but I don't know if he is ideal

The ideal team seems to be Pandora/Pandora/Zuoh/Akechi/util/Pandora which is Arena 2 capable.

For almost everything else, any row based dark devil should work.

Jagernaut

I have 2 Pandoras, should 1 be the super ult for the extra rcv? I don't have enough badpys to skill a 2nd Awoken Pandora right now anyways.

linsivvi

I have 2 Pandoras, should 1 be the super ult for the extra rcv? I don't have enough badpys to skill a 2nd Awoken Pandora right now anyways.

I think it depends on whether you prefer haste or extra rcv. Also depends on whether you need the extra SBR for 100%.

We will be getting 5 free Pys or our choice so that shouldn't be a problem.

hermit7

Personally I like having the second be non awoken. 8 turns is a little faster and when chaining them the haste doesn't really add much.

Granted my second is bikinidora so there isn't an option to uevo her but they are similar enough.

Okamid3n

I'm wondering which team to plus next...Lucifer or I&I

I&I subs : Mori, Karin, Hatsume x 2, gabriel, beach meta if I need a bind clearer. I also have that other blue constellation card but their active creates jammer and seems awful. I'm thinking of using Mori, Karin, Gabe and one hatsume, paired with a friend Ryune. It seems nice, because that gives me 4 actives with haste, one heartmaker (+ryune) and one card on really low cooldown that combos with two of the board changers.

AD Lucifer subs : DD Haku, Akechi x2, Hanzo, Okuni, Hamal, Halloween Laila (yes, I'm reaching, but I've made good use of her in this team). I haven't had much success with Luci, but it seems like the kind of team that can only reach its true potential when fully +egg'd. The lack of time extends really hurts me when I try to use Luci, way more than I&I for some reason.

Pandora is an absolute beast with the right subs. Haku should probably be replaced by the devil form or another sub if possible.

The ideal team seems to be Pandora/Pandora/Zuoh/Akechi/util/Pandora which is Arena 2 capable.

For almost everything else, any row based dark devil should work.
Pandora teams without Akechi or Zuoh or Dvalk feel very underwhelming. I have to make concessions in some form or another with my current box (either go without skill bind immunity, run fewer row enhances by shoe horning in Chester, or make do without a board change active). Maybe it'll be better once I evo and skill my second Byakko.

I wish I rolled harder for those Halloween devils now.

Jagernaut

I think it depends on whether you prefer haste or extra rcv. Also depends on whether you need the extra SBR for 100%.

We will be getting 5 free Pys or our choice so that shouldn't be a problem.

You're thinking about Haku, both Pandoras have SBR. Awoken Pandora has 3 rows, super ult Pandora has 2 prong instead of 3rd row + another time extend (also +380 rcv and - 900 hp).

J0dy77

I thought when you go back it resets too?

WHHHHHAAATTTTT!!!! I never knew this. Well thanks for telling me that. What a waste. I have a couple skillups on awoken haku and I won't have to evolve the second.

Not that I don't believe you guys but can I get a third confirmation just because this is maddening.

I don't have a second Pandora or zuoh. That's the major reason why I focused on Thor. Not having ideal subs will hurt.

linsivvi

You're thinking about Haku, both Pandoras have SBR. Awoken Pandora has 3 rows, super ult Pandora has 2 prong instead of 3rd row + another time extend (also +380 rcv and - 900 hp).

Oh yeah got it mixed up.

Gladly I have Zuoh so I don't have to face the decision of rolling back Haku. The ultimate can't come soon enough.

hermit7

WHHHHHAAATTTTT!!!! I never knew this. Well thanks for telling me that. What a waste. I have a couple skillups on awoken haku and I won't have to evolve the second.

Not that I don't believe you guys but can I get a third confirmation just because this is maddening.

I don't have a second Pandora or zuoh. That's the major reason why I focused on Thor. Not having ideal subs will hurt.

My bad I thought I had read you had 2. Yeah her leader skills is quite restrictive which is unfortunate.

Any time the skill name changes they reset. Confirming the above.

yami4ct

New Mecha (Descend?) card seems fun. Beat 5 dungeons and get a really big stat stick. That HP is hilarious. Active doesn't seem nearly good enough to justify the 15 skill ups, but he seems like a good farmable sub for certain teams. Not sure exactly which ones, but it's neat.

Rumored MP Card Leader (IE, almost assuredly shitposting BS) is 1.5x HP/Attack for God and 6x for 9 connected dark orbs. Basically a strictly better A. Panda with a more limited set of subs. Without a RCV boost, she doesn't sound as good Xiang Mei, but we'll see. Also, I'd be completely unsurprised if that was BS misinformation.

Also, LoL at Gung Ho making Arena 3. As long as Arena 1 sticks around, I don't care. If they're going to keep pushing new Arenas to keep people making new high end teams, as long as they strictly make it a bragging rights and prestige thing I guess I don't care that much.

A. DQXQ seem cool. 100x on a good flexible beginner lead. With a good team, they should be fun. I still don't love Rainbow Row teams, though. They are a bit much for my taste. A. Persephone looks great to me. Even without rows, she's a solid Panda/A. Luci sub. She's kind of a budget Escha with her OEs and Dark Skyfall increase. Not nearly as good, but a nice boost. She'll be replacing Castor on my A. Luci squad when she makes it over. As for A. Ares, I have no clue who that card is for with the TPA focus and loss of God type. Shiva Dra no longer wants him. Maybe GungHo has some new TPA red leads up their sleeves?

Awoken Ares looks like a solid flex/replacement for Belial on my Krishna team. Double skill boost, skill bind resist, back up skyfall active, more orb enhance at just the cost of 2 route awakenings.

Right after I max skilled Belial too :lol.

chrono01

This Bleach collaboration is really frustrating me. I either get a chest drop or a Byakuya, no sword for Rukia. I'm just going to spend my Bubpy to increase her skill, I give up trying to farm her materials from this event.

Hmmm, A. Persephone might make my A. Panda team. Not sure if I'm going A.DQXQ for my Thoria team. I'll wait for smarter people than me to team build with them.

This 10x event has been ridiculously good for me. I've max skilled Thor, +297'd RaDra and both of my DKali's, and I'm 1/3 of the way to finishing Indra. When you factor in the stones I've gotten from the event and for completing new dungeons, I'm only about 5 stones short of what I started with. Hoping to finish my RaDra team completely, which is insane to me. I had no idea that would even be possible.

Ducarmel

WOW all of a sudden I am getting the luckiest skyfalls 9 - 10+ combos getting tpa drop and even getting 5 dark orbs with a +orb to proc my fireworks leader skill.... In Hanuman descend!
Does anybody know what team was used in jp stream?

The buffs and new awoken's are nice but not much applies to my box except for DQXQ, and Australis. Need more info for on the new mp card it looks really nice.
I wonder what Sesshomaru leader skill will be, heal enemies?

Top Bottom