• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

divusrex

Haven't played on this account in a while but here is my box of favorites. Can anyone give me some advice on what team I should start investing into?

http://imgur.com/a/P8CSX

You could make a Thor team and fill your friend list with Saria users. But you'd need to change some other evos and awaken monsters.

Awoken Thor/Wukong/Raphael/Light+Blue Apollo/L. Meta

Another possible team would be your fire box (I'm not sure, up until this point fire has been the weakest part of my box).

Urd/Ares/Yamato/Ame no Uzume/Uriel

Edit:

With the announcement of Awoken Vritra, you could try this build.

Awoken A.Luci/ Awoken Vritra/ D.D. Haku/ Hanzo/ A. Loki

With skill inheritance, you can honestly play around with a lot of combos. For example, you could put A. Anubis on the AA Luci team and inherit L.Meta's AS for guaranteed bind clear while having option to convert bad orbs. I'm sure someone who has more experience and a better understanding of the game will chime in and give better team ideas.

Bladelaw

Haven't played on this account in a while but here is my box of favorites. Can anyone give me some advice on what team I should start investing into?

http://imgur.com/a/P8CSX

I'm trying to help but I've had my post eaten twice now

Dark:
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer
Haku
Persephone
Hanzo
Okuni
Sub in Loki when you need a spike

Light:
Thor
Sun Wukong
Raphael
L Meta
Verche

Grass:
Astaroth
Michael
Sasuke
Freya
Ceres

Water:
Lakshmi
Gabriel
Andromeda
Seigfried
Kraken Rider

Fire:
Ares
Yamato
Freyr
Urd
Uriel

Bladelaw

Elemental skill ups in Kapibara, particularly to use those skills for skill inheritance.

Do any of them pop out evo'ed? My genie could use some love in the skill up department but I'm not sure I want to go through the pain of evo'ing all her skill up fodder. I need to skill up Kiriko so I'll mostly be running Shinrabansho until she's done.

yami4ct

Elemental skill ups in Kapibara, particularly to use those skills for skill inheritance.

Genie skill up always drops unevolved, so for her I suspect it's not any better than the Takaoka collab.

Shinrabansho has skill ups for it's REM card of course. It also has some for Arthur and the Sticker Girls which have some uses. I could see someone finding a use for the basic Shiva either as an extremely niche sub or maybe slightly better skill for some skill inheritance.

Do any of them pop out evo'ed? My genie could use some love in the skill up department but I'm not sure I want to go through the pain of evo'ing all her skill up fodder. I need to skill up Kiriko so I'll mostly be running Shinrabansho until she's done.

Unfortunately, Genie is the only one who doesn't have skill up mats that can pop up evoed.

Bladelaw

Oh Yami, is Muse a decent enough spike for Ra Dragon? I was initially going to put Sheen on, but she's found a home on my Pandora team and not having her would be sad because I like big numbers.

Also Mugcorn from the Gold Bowl Dragon dungeon is genie skill up fodder and can pop out evo'ed FYI.

I got a couple skill levels that way earlier.

Spoit

Oh Yami, is Muse a decent enough spike for Ra Dragon? I was initially going to put Sheen on, but she's found a home on my Pandora team and not having her would be sad because I like big numbers.

Also Mugcorn from the Gold Bowl Dragon dungeon is genie skill up fodder and can pop out evo'ed FYI.

Do you...uh...really need a spike with Ra dragon's ridiculous multiplier?

yami4ct

Muse is probably ideal. Sheen is an interesting idea, but her high CD probably makes her less valuable overall.

For Arenas? Yes. You want to be able to spike down Kali into the safe zone so you don't have to carry a shield.

Bladelaw

Yeah this is specifically for Arena runs. I finally got my Isis so Muse can live the life he was destined for. I've tried Sheen on Ra Dragon just to see what the multiplier looks like and it's by far the most damage I've done in the game on a single card. Given that I snagged Facet I'm eager to see what she could do for Scheat on a Rukia team or You Yu lol. you need what 20 million damage on a single card to beat a green predra's defense on a blue card?

Facet works the same way as Sheen right?

so a TPA heavy You Yu team would have 5 from Scheat, 4 from Orochi, 1 from Andromeda, and 2 from Skuld (or 0 from A. Isis)

So with no Isis you get 12 TPA or 10 with A. Isis

1+ (0.3 * 12) = 4.6x
or
1+ (0.3 * 10) = 4x

Bang out two TPAs a 3-match and a 5 sparkle and Scheat is doing (someone please check my math)
156.25x (You Yu) * 4.6x (Facet) * 6x (TPA modifier) = 4312.5x damage

This is before orbs/combos/anything else.

Someone on JP must have tried this right? I must see it.

EDIT: checking this in padx's team simulator
apparently Scheat gets 7.59375x for each TPA? How do multiple TPAs work anyway?
For anyone wondering I'm using this.

Jagernaut

Cards get 1.5x for each 2 prong awakening.

1 : 1.5x atk
2 : 1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25x atk
3 : 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 3.375x atk

Scheat has 5 so

5: 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 7.59x atk

Genie skill up always drops unevolved, so for her I suspect it's not any better than the Takaoka collab.

Unfortunately, Genie is the only one who doesn't have skill up mats that can pop up evoed.
Oh, that's lame. Didn't realize they dropped unevolved.

The drop rates for gold bowl dragon were awful. And I really don't want to burn 10 Shypys for this either.

yami4ct

Oh, that's lame. Didn't realize they dropped unevolved.

The drop rates for gold bowl dragon were awful. And I really don't want to burn 10 Shypys for this either.

I skilled up all but 3 levels on my Genie on the Takaoka City coin dungeon. With 3x rates, it wasn't that bad. It took a while to collect and evolve all those mats, but it was only like a week of PAD work and worth it in the end.

Lyrian

Well this is... news.

GungHo just announced that they are buying their independence from Softbank for tune of 75b Yen, or 685m USD, 100% cash. --> Softbank to Sell Most of Its GungHo Stake

Note: Link is to WSJ, may need to copy paste the name of the article into a Google search.

I wonder what GH is going to do with their newfound freedom?

(Also, what the heck is that team in the picture? Low Red Ninja leader ROFL?)

The presidents of both are siblings, and coupled with Softbank dumping Supercell I wonder if Softbank is just getting out of mobile gaming in general.

Lyrian

The presidents of both are siblings, and coupled with Softbank dumping Supercell I wonder if Softbank is just getting out of mobile gaming in general.

Looks like it. As far as I can dig up, the popular running theory is that Softbank is trying to liquidate some assets (GH, Supercell, etc.) to try to balance out the apparently massive operating losses that Sprint is generating here in the U.S before the next quarter's required financial disclosures.

yami4ct

Decided to experiment with the Muse boost on Blade's RaDra. Stalled a tad bit just to get it charged during Yamatsumi. Did an activation with a single light TPA and got a nice skyfall.

rh0mzdN.jpg

That 14mil on Isis. Insane. Must have got a better skyfall than I realized. On 9 combo, that's crazy. Definitely would've burst both kinds of Kalis into the safe zone.

Poor Ama. She really envies that God typing.

Quantum

did a shinra pull looking for Kiriko

nope.

Should have enough for another pull tomorrow

supposedly only a 6% chance, but I want one for XM.

(not badly enough to buy a pack though - the rest of the REM is just crap.)

1-(.94*.94) Still not in my favor.

Bladelaw

Decided to experiment with the Muse boost on Blade's RaDra. Stalled a tad bit just to get it charged during Yamatsumi. Did an activation with a single light TPA and got a nice skyfall.

That 14mil on Isis. Insane. Must have got a better skyfall than I realized. On 9 combo, that's crazy. Definitely would've burst both kinds of Kalis into the safe zone.

Poor Ama. She really envies that God typing.

Yeah....it's pretty good.I really need sphinx to come around again to awaken Isis. XM is keeping me busy while I wait though. It's funny. Despite having so few time extends I can hit combo shields with her no problem. Out of curiosity I ran through Zaerog infinite and managed it to clear it in one go. Either I got better or XM makes it easy to set up multi combo boards. Either way I'm not complaining.

Now here's hoping I can farm a couple of Skill Delay resists during the predra infestation. I have an A. Ra system setup for it so I should be able to blast through. The only question is how many stones do I want to throw at it.

Quantum

Now here's hoping I can farm a couple of Skill Delay resists during the predra infestation. I have an A. Ra system setup for it so I should be able to blast through. The only question is how many stones do I want to throw at it.

PDX reported SDR not in predra - I didn't bother because of it.

Does anyone have/run Sephiroth? I'm looking for a co-op partner for Mech Zeus. Would like to figure out a team/general strat and then give it a go later this week. Willing to use my stones for the clear. Would like to keep it under 10.

Lyrian

PDX reported SDR not in predra - I didn't bother because of it.

Putting two and two together, it seems that PADX sees the coding for SDR tamadras in the dungeon data, but GungHo hasn't flipped the switch yet on the invades (based on EU players posting on Reddit are all saying that they did not see any on their runs earlier today).

Oh well. At least that keeps me to running in on only natural stamina on it tonight.

Jagernaut

did a shinra pull looking for Kiriko

nope.

Should have enough for another pull tomorrow

supposedly only a 6% chance, but I want one for XM.

(not badly enough to buy a pack though - the rest of the REM is just crap.)

1-(.94*.94) Still not in my favor.

I also yolo rolled for Kiriko and got a crappy silver. Not buying Orchid unless I get more fire healer orbchangers.

If you can swallow the MP cost, you could just buy the required cards from the MP shop, or pray to the gacha gods when the PEM is on evo mats. You can also probably get carried through the dungeon in co-op when 9.2 hits and the weekday dungeons become available for co-op.

Could you post your box?
Just getting around to this, I couldn't remember my PADHerder login so I had to register again and re-upload everything.

http://www.padherder.com/user/spike+spiegel+ngaf

coy

Hmmm. I'll think about it. Don't really need the leads Cosmo listed. (only Pandora is a match and I have a ton of those on my list already).
No worries if you want more compatible leads. If you wanna triangle up after the BFF reset let me know.

Anyone else still looking?

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Still got my BFF on NA available as well; if necessary I can wait for the other parts of the triangle to happen post-reset. I run Gadius and Horus in the fixed slots and typically Pandora, ASak, or I&I in the free slot.

coy said:
I have BFF on main and alt. They're already BFF'd with each other so it'd be a choice between the two. My main has all hyper leads and the alt is working towards that and has lots of new monsters thanks to PCGF.

Main
Pandora
Sakuya
Parvati
Thor
Yomi
Haku
I&I

yami4ct

With the reset coming up, I should post again, anyone want to do a BFF triangle and planing to use Kaede once she gets her ult? I'm going to make sure to have a team as ready as possible for when she hits and I'd love to have a BFF with her if I'm going to run her as a major leader for my account. I'm currently mainly focusing on My Hypermax RaDra with Genie and Awoken Shiva. I could also put up a Awoken Luci or put together an Awoken Thor if people want him? There are probably a good number of leads I could drag up as well if needed.

b33r

I'd like to pair up or triangle with someone who is planning on buying You Yu. I use mainly Shiva Dragon and Yomi Dragon, sometimes Luci. I also use I&I, Saria, Sylvie, and Bastet occasionally. Mainly will be the two dragons and You Yu when he's available.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'd like to pair up or triangle with someone who is planning on buying You Yu. I use mainly Shiva Dragon and Yomi Dragon, sometimes Luci. I also use I&I, Saria, Sylvie, and Bastet occasionally. Mainly will be the two dragons and You Yu when he's available.

My main units right now are YomiDra/Astaroth/Sumire/Verdandi/Bastet - in the future i will work on You Yu, APanda and Awoken Row Bei (farming).

Quantum

yolo 2:

gold egg....

Harmony Goddess, Balancile Another

not what I wanted - infact - why is this even a gold egg?

bah - wont have enough stones for roll #3.

Bladelaw

So given the BFF reset I guess I'll get in on the action.

I keep Rukia and Ra Dragon (Muse inherit) in the 1 and 2 spot both hypermaxed (not enough SDR to go around for penta though).

My other leads which I rotate pretty regularly:
Xiang Mei (Hyper, 1 SDR, Arcline Inherit)
A. Pandora (Hyper)
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer
Freyja (helps out my Sylvie alt)
A. Ra (2 SDR for push button predra farm)

I usually leave Lucifer, XM, or Pandora up overnight.

I have the parts for a Kaede team and a Sumire system but both are severely underdeveloped and won't be up in running for a while.

LuffyZoro

With the reset coming up, I should post again, anyone want to do a BFF triangle and planing to use Kaede once she gets her ult? I'm going to make sure to have a team as ready as possible for when she hits and I'd love to have a BFF with her if I'm going to run her as a major leader for my account. I'm currently mainly focusing on My Hypermax RaDra with Genie and Awoken Shiva. I could also put up a Awoken Luci or put together an Awoken Thor if people want him? There are probably a good number of leads I could drag up as well if needed.

I have Kaede and might use her, though my team isn't ideal. My green box is kinda weak.
What would you recommend if I have:
Kushi x2
Ruel
Susano
Kaede
Meimei
Parvati
Grodin
Sauske
GGY
Phact
Griffin Riden
Earth Dragon Swordsman

forgrim

Ditto with the others, looking for a bff triangle after reset...

I mainly rotate hypermaxed a. astaroth, a. ra, a. haku, gadius, and just pulled a luci and im busy hypermaxing that (needs +100) and plan on rolling with the luci more.

Really looking for an a. luci bff, but im flexible

smbu2000

A.Indra looks okay, but I don't think I'll be changing over from my god type Indra.
Vritra is an easy choice to switch though. My current one(s) are pretty much useless and he will go pretty nicely on an A.Pandora team. I'm curious how Lu Bu will turn out though. I might have to hyper mine if he comes out pretty well.

Holy shit...did anyone notice the change to D/L Yomi's active on JP?
"God type cards ATK x2.5 for 1 turn. Give 10 seconds to move orbs without triggering matches. ( JP ver. )"
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=989

So how many Ra Dragons are going to inherit this?
I had forgotten about that change in the last update. Reminds me that I have to skill up the ones on my both of my accounts. I already have A.Yomi, now I just need to decide if I should go for D/D or D/L on them. The one on my iPhone is almost skilled up already from way back (I had 2 and made the other one A.Yomi), but my second iPad one is newer and needs all levels. At least Eco collab. is available in the Coin Dungeons.

D/L Yomi also got Machine Killer, so it might actually be a good idea to just field him on certain dungeons rather than just using him as inheritance fodder.

Holy shit...did anyone notice the change to D/L Yomi's active on JP?
"God type cards ATK x2.5 for 1 turn. Give 10 seconds to move orbs without triggering matches. ( JP ver. )"
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=989

So how many Ra Dragons are going to inherit this?

I've been working on mine for Mech Zeus, his Machine Killer is perfect. It's a nice buff, but apparently it's broken a popular mech zeus carry method. Might use mine for a skill eventually, I'll see how it shakes out.

Bladelaw

I need to write up an XM arena 2 guide for myself. Basically I need to keep track of skills and cooldowns, when I can stall, when I must go for the kill. Most of my inherits aren't max skilled (Specifically Genie and Zeta Hydra).

The obvious stuff is save Genie for DQ Hera/Illsix maybe DKali. Stall long enough to have A. Ra up for Predras. Stall for Chiyome/Saria/Arcline only if I don't see myself needing hearts any time soon.

divusrex

I'll join the BFF triangle sweepstakes. I haven't used my BF selection yet, so I figure I might as well take advantage of it.

I run a hypermaxed A.Thor (slot 1) and a hypermaxed A.Panda (slot 2). I can rotate my third slot to other leads, such as:

Rukia
A.Ra
Sephiroth
A.Bastet

Just let me know which one you need up so I can prepare accordingly. None of these are hypermaxed since my main focus is my A.Panda team.

I may buy You Yu and/or Xiu Min, but it depends on what my box looks like in the next few months.

hermit7

Anyone with Orchid want to bf tomorrow.

Mine is up 24/7 and I run awoken Pandora, shiva, a.luci all hyper.

I occasionally have lakshmi, astaroth, ra or bastet but none are plussed. All max skilled though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So how exactly can i make sure that the Game Data (Android) is saved on the Google Play Cloud ? Do i only have to login through Google Play or is there an additional step ? My phone nearly died today so i thought it might be better to back the Game Data up via Google Play.

Bladelaw

I occasionally have lakshmi, astaroth, ra or bastet but none are plussed. All max skilled though.

I'd be down. As above my permanent slots are Rukia and Ra Dragon (Muse) but I can swap her out for Orchid (Arcline) all Hypermaxed.

My rotating slot varies but it's usually (in order of likelihood)
A. Pandora (Hyper)
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer (very not hyper, mostly to help an alt)
A. Shiva (When using my Ra Pushbutton team)
Freyja (also to help an alt)

currently not having a Panda BF keeps me from using her more as I prefer her team to Luci.

If we do I'd keep Orchid in slot 1, Ra Dragon in slot 2, and Panda would rotate.

hermit7

I'd be down. As above my permanent slots are Rukia and Ra Dragon (Muse) but I can swap her out for Orchid (Arcline) all Hypermaxed.

A. Pandora (Hyper)

currently not having a Panda BF keeps me from using her more as I prefer her team to Luci.

If we do I'd keep Orchid in slot 1, Ra Dragon in slot 2, and Panda would rotate.

Sweet. Will probably keep panda as number 2 and rotate the rest around depending on who I want to play with.

Kwhit10

For BF triangle I run

Slot 1 Ra Dragon (working on getting hypermaxed) will put Izinagi skill on him
Slot 2 hyper Lkali, although this may change when my ra is ready
Rotating: hyper Parvati, hyper sylvie, i&i, hyper a. Yomi, AA Lucifer.

Edit 344,231,384

yami4ct

I have Kaede and might use her, though my team isn't ideal. My green box is kinda weak.
What would you recommend if I have:
Kushi x2
Ruel
Susano
Kaede
Meimei
Parvati
Grodin
Sauske
GGY
Phact
Griffin Riden
Earth Dragon Swordsman

I assume that Kaede listed in the box section isn't a dupe? Looking at that you could probably run something like

Kaede/A.Paravati/Sasuke/MeiMei/Griffin Rider/Kaede

That would get you decent orb generation and 4 SBR. With the upcoming badge system, you can up that to 100% SBR. A Parv is great for heart orb generation. You definitely want to throw a bind clear on Parv and some more heart orb generation inheritance on a number of your other subs. Keeping in heart orbs would be your number 1 concern.

It's far from the ideal team, but depending on what other teams you're sitting on, it might be worth doing.

Ducarmel

A. Pandora (Hyper)

If your looking for a third, I run Orchid first slot, luci on bff slot, and panda/shiva/etc rotating.

Xiang Mei, Yomi Dragon, Bastet, soon A DQXQ. Xiang Mei(waiting on evo mat) and Yomi D are Penta maxed and Bastet is 297 waiting on A Bastet. Looking for a Triangle.

Top Bottom