• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Gaz_RB

Maybe have it so that any equipment IQ is looking at in her tv screen thing doesn't function? That could be cool. If she looked away or turned off the screen, it would turn the equipment back on. And maybe it only has a range of a few meters.

Stat!

Maybe have it so that any equipment IQ is looking at in her tv screen thing doesn't function? That could be cool. If she looked away or turned off the screen, it would turn the equipment back on. And maybe it only has a range of a few meters.

I think IQ has good guns so I don't think too big of a buff is in order. That being said, I think a good but not OP buff would be it revealing what the item was. It would help you plan better (i.e. is it a jager system vs a mute jammer vs a guy on a camera/nitro cell)

I think if it doesn't function, you basically have an unlimited Thatcher.

I mean, at best, it could have been a skin. 50% boost will help a lot of non-Season Pass players get enough renown for the new operators.
That's true, can add to my warchest for future season operators.

lol I knew it! To be fair, I also thought it could be 100 credits. Just enough that you cant buy anything with it lol
I had the thought it would be this too. Just a taste to make you buy some more credits to make it useful.

Stat!

That's true, can add to my warchest for future season operators.

I had the thought it would be this too. Just a taste to make you buy some more credits to make it useful.

I know we discussed it yesterday (Stat here) but the more I think about it, the more I like the 50% boost. I don't have 50k in the bank since I didn't get it at launch. I only have 20k and I still need to get more for the new operators. So I'll definitely be playing and racking up the boosts.

^^ lol im sad now

i use IQ
ability is terrible but i love her guns tho and the shoes.
maybe let her hack equipment

I don't know if she should be able to disable equipment because you have thatcher for that but what if she could say, detonate a nitro cell or gas bomb. Turn a couple pieces of enemy equipment against them.

Or disabling something is silent so the enemy team doesn't know that one of their defenses isn't working. I could see it like this. Take a Thatcher and clear the whole room but everybody knows you're on the other side. Take an IQ, silently disable one jammer or grenade blocker and they don't know you're there.

To add: IQ was the first operator I bought. I thought I could disable equipment.

FYI, you can pretty easily shoot them through (non-reinforced) walls.

That's true but I've found people like to put things on the reinforced walls. Especially to block thermite. I'm just throwing out ideas though. I haven't played the game that long (since thursday) so my perspective is strictly from Casual games. I'm trying to get my friend to play so we can actually do some coordinated entries unlike the mostly chaotic Casual entries.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The only thing to note is that as a roamer, he has a slight issue with not being able to shut the fuck up or at the very least whisper to himself when he pulls out his cardiac sensor.

Its unfortunate really.
He yells if you're standing. Crouch while deploying and he'll whisper. That goes for all operators doing anything, reload, breaching, etc.

He yells if you're standing. Crouch while deploying and he'll whisper. That goes for all operators doing anything, reload, breaching, etc.

Yeah, I love this, also there is occasionally a window that you can't put a breaching charge on while crouching :-|

I wonder about rappelling, too?

KodaRuss

Dammet Alpine. Up here in Canada, I wont be home till a quarter after 26 and even then after dinner, it already might be 27:30.

What are these crazy times you are talking about, can you translate that to American?!?!
I know I know

I am more looking forward to the new map more than the operators I think and that we can play the article 5 map on mulitplayer.

Stat!

No way. Seriously? How have I never noticed this? I feel like I've even heard the enemy team saying stuff while prone too (other day I got a final kill cause I heard "drone going out").

What are these crazy times you are talking about, can you translate that to American?!?!
I know I know

Sorry, I'll refrain from using Canadian Metric time. Hasn't been used since 1982 up here anyways.

KodaRuss

I will need to test this again because my character screamed out when I used a drone while couching.

I was on the attacking side and outside of the building though, not sure if that would have made a difference.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I will need to test this again because my character screamed out when I used a drone while couching.

I was on the attacking side and outside of the building though, not sure if that would have made a difference.
I haven't conducted exhaustive testing or anything... but it seemed to hold true whenever I was messing with it, especially for Pulse's HBS.

Dammet Alpine. Up here in Canada, I wont be home till a quarter after 26 and even then after dinner, it already might be 27:30.

Haha, of course.

I know I know

Stat is a Canadian crackhead. A funny one. If you haven't played with him while he explains the 34 hour Canadian clock, you'll have to.

No way. Seriously? How have I never noticed this? I feel like I've even heard the enemy team saying stuff while prone too (other day I got a final kill cause I heard "drone going out").

Speaking of drones. I am so mad at myself for not recording a clip from last night.

It was on Oregon for Secure Area and it is me vs 1 other dude.

Time has been out for about 2 minutes. I finally throw my drone, it lands just in time to see the enemy sprinting full-bore towards me. I exit the drone, and, boom, headshot.

Funny stuff.

A good use for Smoke's gas bombs are when you are defending a room, and the attackers start shredding the ceiling from above. It becomes difficult as a defender to manage the multiple angles of the torn apart ceiling, so just throw a gas grenade on the ceiling and detonate. It goes into the room above and not only makes it harder for the attackers to see you, it will damage them if they are sitting in the room. Often by the second gas bomb, they fuck off and try a different strategy, or you can move out of the danger line of sight during one of the gases.

iMax

Is this true? Because...

UVd2rSC.gif

Hatchtag

Banned
The only thing to note is that as a roamer, he has a slight issue with not being able to shut the fuck up or at the very least whisper to himself when he pulls out his cardiac sensor.

Its unfortunate really.

I really think he should be buffed so he doesn't talk so much.
They also need to buff IQ so she's not completely worthless after you know where all the cameras are and where bombs start at on a map. Seriously, I love playing as her for the guns/movement speed, but her ability's basically a fucking tutorial.

I have been using Mute the most and have gotten really good with the jammers. I like pairing it up with Castle to make the objective really hard to get in to.

rinse82

Question about protecting reinforced walls:

When using shock wire or jammers, how many walls get impacted? Let's say there's a wall wide enough that requires two reinforced walls, if I place a jammer or shock wire directly in the middle of the two reinforcements, are both protected?

When using shock wire or jammers, how many walls get impacted? Let's say there's a wall wide enough that requires two reinforced walls, if I place a jammer or shock wire directly in the middle of the two reinforcements, are both protected?

Bandit's battery only shocks the one wall that it touches.
Mute's jammer can block 1 big reinforcement, or 2 small reinforcement.
1 big = the ones on the garage door are usually a big reinforcement.
1 small = the ones inside the meeting office of the plane are usually small

Mute's jammers actually have ranges, indicated by the red circle.

In one of Serenity's vids on Mute, he shows how a smart Thermite can still blow through the very edge of a reinforced door IF Mute was careless when placing them.

Say you have two wall panels, where X is a jammer and T is thermite. If you set it up like this, trying to greedily jam two walls with one jammer:
Code:
____ ___T_
    X

The edges of either wall could potentially be breached, depending on if it's a larger reinforced panel or not.

Bandit's battery is actually contact-based, not range/area-of-effect based. So it's one-per-wall.

Perfect Peanut-Butter Jelly Offense and Defense Team:

Offense:

Thermite
Thatcher
Sledge
Blitz
Twitch/Ash

Defense:

Rook
Jager/Smoke
Castle
Bandit
Mute

I think those are about the best combo as far as having a base, flat team than can handle most/all situations presented to them as far as team synergy.

What do the audio settings do exactly? Specifically Hi-Fi and TV. I can't find anything concrete on them. I've been switching between the two and TV sounds better on my headphones but I haven't had a chance to replicate exact testing.

These shield operators are insane. I'm sure there's plenty of defenses of how they aren't incredibly OP but fuck they suck to go against.

Any tips besides nitro cell?

So I definitely wanna get back into this game. I got a new video card for the PC so I'm thinking about playing this on PC rather than on PS4. How's the community on PC?

These shield operators are insane. I'm sure there's plenty of defenses of how they aren't incredibly OP but fuck they suck to go against.

Any tips besides nitro cell?

Listen for them. Set someone up to the side and one to the front. Lure them in for the guy on the side. Also, a lot of people are very inpatient, so I aim at the head and backpedal until they go to aim at me. That works more than 50% of the time. You can also melee the shield, which makes them reveal themselves for a shot or knife. Shoot their feet, Kapkan doors, sprint to their side, run.

Hate the idiots that completely barricade a room that is also filled with windows. I'm just going to start tearing down everyone's stupid shit.

Top Bottom