• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Division servers spinning up could be pulling some of Ubi's resources. We played 3 hours straight tonight on PC with no matchmaking issues, finding games fast as hell.

I definitely agree but last night I had some very questionable deaths based on the kill cams. Worse than I have seen before. Also, the servers seem to be getting worse. The past two nights I have been kicked more than I ever have been.

I really hope they would add that to the game. There are plenty of times where I want to change my loadout to add a silencer in between games. Especially on certain maps and you just cannot do that.

What code have you been getting?

Wow the networking in this game is absolutely moronic. You connect through to the datacenters and players directly for VOIP, making it easy to find their IP to DDOS. This needs to be changed immediately.

Edit: there's also lag compensation that will completely fuck you if you have more than 150 ping to a server.

what do you mean, I am getting 312 errors quite often so I am wondering if its something to do with that.

KodaRuss

What code have you been getting?

I dont remember. Usually just click through the screen too quickly to read it, Ill pay attention to it tonight if I get on.

Sounds like the servers are at capacity error is what everyone is getting today. So, Division Beta launching for PS4 and PC today probably has nothing to do with it right? Right?

Ubi! Please stop the server abuse of Siege!

I dont remember. Usually just click through the screen too quickly to read it, Ill pay attention to it tonight if I get on.

Sounds like the servers are at capacity error is what everyone is getting today. So, Division Beta launching for PS4 and PC today probably has nothing to do with it right? Right?

you think they would segment them clearly from each other.. Ubisoft networking is not your strong suit at all.

For sure. I've DEFINITELY been victim to the "HE WASN'T EVEN FACING ME" death.

Have you seen your teammates facing the opposite direction and blasting the sky yet? That's happened a few times in the last week, where my teammates are doing something completely random, or shooting in a random direction and the rest of us are freaking out trying to figure out who they are shooting at.

I've also been getting a lot of connection errors right after the matchmaking has ended and the game is about to launch. That sucks, and ranked needs to give you the option to reconnect in that case.

http://www.eslgaming.com/article/introducing-tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-pro-league-2521

thats very good news for the future and health of that game !
I think this deserves a new thread.

XBOX One and PC is this serious? :(

Doesn't make. If it was PS4, the console scene had a chance, but I can't see many jumping ship to play competitively on the XBOX ONE, when many have already jumped ship, to play games like Call of Duty, competitively on the PS4.

I can buy a copy for my XBOX ONE I guess, but when I compared the betas side by side, the XBOX ONE version looked rather blurry.

Valkrai

XBOX One and PC is this serious? :(

Doesn't make. If it was PS4, the console scene had a chance, but I can't see many jumping ship to play competitively on the XBOX ONE, when many have already jumped ship, to play games like Call of Duty, competitively on the PS4.

I can buy a copy for my XBOX ONE I guess, but when I compared the betas side by side, the XBOX ONE version looked rather blurry.

Yeah kinda ridiculous that the PS4 version isn't being supported despite having a bigger playerbase than the Xbox One.

PC version is most likely going to be the most focused one of them all.

Valkrai

I'd be curious to see your source on that.

Absolutely rough estimate but supposedly the PS4 version has sold 80k since the 9th and the Xbox One version sold roughly 38k.

Even then, if you just observe it on Twitch, majority will be either PC or PS4.

NeoGiff

I know to many players (especially on PC) this kind of situation may be commonplace, but I almost had a legendary save earlier. If I had pulled this off, I would have sold my PS4 and packed it in as a gamer, knowing that I had finally reached my peak. Alas, it was not to be, and now I must slave on. Truly heartbreaking. I keep playing it over and over in my head, but there's really nothing more I could have done other than be faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIrWgJR_MP4

More like "The Division" of the Siege community. AMIRIGHT?!

amirite.gif

I'd be curious to see your source on that.

Is there a multiplatform game with higher sales on the XBOX ONE? Last time I looked at Ubisoft's sales data multiplatform games were selling close to half of their PS4 counterparts on the system. I do not see why Siege would be any different.

Doesn't make sense to host an esport on a platform that represents the smallest portion of the userbase. Very good way to kill the scene before it starts though.

Not to mention, the worst platform to play the game on, from a technical perspective. I have both systems, and played the beta on all 3, and really couldn't recommend the XB1 version over its PS4 counterpart. It's not terrible by any means, but it is worse. Having lined the betas up side by side, the XB1 version looked 'blurry' by comparison to the PS4. From a competitive perspective this makes fine grained visual discrimination slightly more difficult. Not a huge issue, but as I say, having had them side by side, I would chose the PS4 version every time if given the choice of where to play Siege on console.

This isn't worth getting into though, they've made the decision and that's not going to change. I don't believe it's the best decision for Siege as a competitive platform, but I'm sure there was a financial incentive external to that. Either way, I'm not going to be playing the game as an esport, on consoles or not, so it doesn't matter. If some sort of esport ladder was hosted online, I might have tried to put together a team if it was on PS4, but it doubt I would have had time anyway, and if I were really that bothered, I can just buy an XB1 copy of the game. It would be a shame to leave behind the larger community though, and it would take my eyes some time to adjust to the visual differences.

Valkrai

Is there a multiplatform game with higher sales on the XBOX ONE? Last time I looked at Ubisoft's sales data multiplatform games were selling close to half of their PS4 counterparts on the system. I do not see why Siege would be any different.

Doesn't make sense to host an esport on a platform that represents the smallest portion f the userbase. Very good way to kill the scene before it starts though.

Not really, it'd be dead in the water if it was Xbox One exclusive. The top teams and highest playerbase is on PC.

Edit: It'd be like if you hosted CSGO on the 360 or PS3 and not on PC. I'm not trying to do some PC Master Race bullshit, I still do think its stupid for it to not be on PS4.

Not really, it'd be dead in the water if it was Xbox One exclusive. The top teams and highest playerbase is on PC.

Edit: It'd be like if you hosted CSGO on the 360 or PS3 and not on PC. I'm not trying to do some PC Master Race bullshit, I still do think its stupid for it to not be on PS4.

That's what I mean. I mean, I know it's being hosted on PC too, but the console scene is much less likely to thrive with this decision in mind. It of course, should be on PC too, I'm not arguing that. It really should be on PC, PS4 and XBOX ONE. I mean Ubisoft freaking sold the game on three platforms, why not support all three? If cutting a platform is a must, then obviously, it should have been the one with the smallest userbase.

I'm sure there was an exterior financial motivation though, which drove their decision. Which is a shame, because I am not at all surprised that Ubisoft would sacrifice two thirds of the console community if Microsoft offered to make the whole thing a little easier on them financially (i.e. providing tournament prize pools or something like that), and ultimately, that will be to the detriment of the console version of the game.

Shame controllers don't work across both systems ((in a way that isn't laggy, counterintuitive, and is tournament legal), because then this type of thing wouldn't be so much of an issue. Competitive players could just plug in the controller they are familiar with and be off, so even if they focused on PS4, they could turn up to a LAN tournament on XBOX ONEs, or pick up an XBOX ONE for competitive play, but stick to the larger userbase on PS4. Sadly though, that isn't possible, so you'll see competitive players just moving onto other games like Overwatch, sooner than they will be buying XBOX ONES.

Valkrai

That's what I mean. I mean, I know it's being hosted on PC too, but the console scene is much less likely to thrive with this decision in mind. It of course, should be on PC too, I'm not arguing that. It really should be on PC, PS4 and XBOX ONE. I mean Ubisoft freaking sold the game on three platforms, why not support all three? If cutting a platform is a must, then obviously, it should have been the one with the smallest userbase.

I'm sure there was an exterior financial motivation though, which drove their decision. Which is a shame, because I am not at all surprised that Ubisoft would sacrifice two thirds of the console community if Microsoft offered to make the whole thing a little easier on them financially (i.e. providing tournament prize pools or something like that), and ultimately, that will be to the detriment of the console version of the game.

Shame controllers don't work across both systems ((in a way that isn't laggy, counterintuitive, and is tournament legal), because then this type of thing wouldn't be so much of an issue. Competitive players could just plug in the controller they are familiar with and be off, so even if they focused on PS4, they could turn up to a LAN tournament on XBOX ONEs, or pick up an XBOX ONE for competitive play, but stick to the larger userbase on PS4. Sadly though, that isn't possible, so you'll see competitive players just moving onto other games like Overwatch, sooner than they will be buying XBOX ONES.

If I had to guess, it could be Ubi's partnership with Microsoft. They've really been promoting and pushing their games on the Xbone (AC Unity, R6, The Division) with the exceptions of Syndicate.

I forgot Overwatch was coming to consoles as well, I could see that taking off on PS4.

Vorheez

I really, really, REALLY hope this game continues to thrive and grow... Even if I eventually stop playing.

It deserves it soooo much. You can tell it was made with a lot of love.

Valkrai

I've had some excellent games today, do feel like I'm improving especially calming down my aggression.

GAF, we should do some 10 mans on PC.

Ok, seriously. When your primary is out of ammo and you switch to the pistol, why does is automatically switch back to the primary and start reloading? If it's a bug it needed fixed weeks ago. Does this happen on PS4 and PC or just Xbox?

This is what drives me nuts about this game, core gameplay mechanics that were shipped broken. How does that get by anyone, especially on something meant to be played competitively.

Any word why they don't offer character camo as well, not talking crazy ones like the gun skins
but I could see people buying an Olive Drab pack for the FBI, Flecktarn for the GSG-9 and so on.

Just recently got into the game and seeing them try to sell currency for just boosts and weapon skins makes that option kinda stick out.
Especially with 3 of 5 factions all in Blue or Black.

I was worried that The Division would kill the community for Siege, after playing the beta- it felt like Watch Dogs 2. And various chats in Siege matches, people seem to be sticking to Siege.

Klyka

Banned
I was worried that The Division would kill the community for Siege, after playing the beta- it felt like Watch Dogs 2. And various chats in Siege matches, people seem to be sticking to Siege.

Well,I mean, they are kinda entirely different games. One is a 5v5 competitive tactical shooter, the other is an open world RPG.

two team killers to start my first match. both get kicked. I get down to 5 health and it's 1v5. okay

I played with a friend last night and we had 7 straight matches that started with team killing from either side. He asked me if that's how the game was now but I was pretty surprised too how I couldn't find very many good matches. I'll chalk my experience up to it being Friday evening.

Well,I mean, they are kinda entirely different games. One is a 5v5 competitive tactical shooter, the other is an open world RPG.

I agree they are but I do think the name of Tom Clancy does have a good enough following that players would be interested in both games

jiffy38

Any good videos or guides for more advanced skills and tips? I'm level 60 and play ranked always and could really use the added help to perfect my game.

Top Bottom