• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 |OT| of no auto shotguns

purg3

slept with Malkin
DeadCell said:
P.S. The game fucking rocks, the A.C.E.S system is like virtual crack. <3

Yeah it is :lol. Almost have marksman maxed already. Assault seems like it should take a while to max though.

SSnake

Guts Of Thor said:
Is anyone else experiencing problems with sprinting? I have the 360 version and I have to press the left bumper a bunch of times before it registers. I know nothing is wrong with the controller itself because I just played Condemned 2 and the sprint button works fine.

Same thing happening to me. I tap and hold LB and nothing happens. If I double or triple tap and hold it works.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Just completed all THunt missions on Realistic with 3 other friends.

Man was it fun. The terrorists don't seem to destroy you as much as the first game did on Realistic, and every kill my teammates got, I got XP as well. :D So awesome.

madmook

Just got the game and I'm tryin' out the tango hunt with ai teammates... and is it just me or is the terro ai fucking brutal? I'm using normal difficulty and I'm getting slaughtered.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
dammitmattt said:
What's the definitive word on the frame rate hiccups for the X360 version? Is it frequent? Is it during single, co-op campaign, or multiplayer? Is it during gameplay or scripted events?

It was all bullshit. I haven't seen a damn thing.

Me and FatalT beat the campaign in 4 or 5 hours co-op(if that) and then beat terrorist hunt on realistic all the way through twice. No framerate issues except looking out of the helicopter sometimes would be slow.

gillty

Banned
QVT said:
It was all bullshit. I haven't seen a damn thing.

Me and FatalT beat the campaign in 4 or 5 hours co-op(if that) and then beat terrorist hunt on realistic all the way through twice. No framerate issues except looking out of the helicopter sometimes would be slow.
I had really bad slow down in the convention center in the main hall, when the glass was shattering under lots of fire.

oh btw LIEUTENANT COLONEL almost colonel and the only elites left :D gonna pull an all nighter.

ChrisD84

Cerrius said:
just read the game does not include matchmaking. Wow just wow.

one less game for me to buy

It does according to the message in the lobby when you start it up. It says that it's matching you with similarly skilled opponents that have a good connection to you, and then it gives you a list of games that that those people are in.

I'm not sure how well it works yet though since the game is obviously still new.

Sandman42

AltogetherAndrews said:
So for shits and giggles, how does the R6 Skorpion compare to the COD4 one?
Considering the Call of Duty 4 Skorpion is probably the best gun in the game, the Rainbow Six Skorpion isn't as good. It's still pretty effective though, a great little spray weapon.

Picked this up last night. I agree that its not that different from the first, but after putting in about an hour in story mode, I love it. Something about the feel of R6 Vegas just clicks with me... the pace and everything. I also think its kinda neat that the main character can be male or female, kinda like Mass Effect.

I did run into a pretty ugly bug though...I sent my two AI team mates into a room to hide behind a column, and half way there they just vanished into thin air. Then they magically appeared behind me again.

Still though, I can tell I'm gonna enjoy this game a lot. I just really like the way it plays... still holds up really well even after a year and a half.

Dirtbag

Can I just say...

Worst advertisided game of the year!
This is the first I've even heard about R6V2, and its already out!

Not sure if I'm going to get this or not... sounds like the game took some que's from COD4 though, which is good.

Does anyone know if I can do this to get the level up achiemevent and avoid the bug?

1) Copy Vegas 1 save file to memory card
2) Delete Vegas 1 save file off HDD
3) Start Vegas 2 and level up character to get achievement
4) Wipe Vegas 2 save file off HDD
5) Copy Vegas 1 save file back from memory card to HDD
6) Start again and get bonus xp and equipment from Vegas 1 save file

Will that work?

strange_booj said:
TAR-21 assault rifle
Hold RB and press Down(2), Up(2), X, B, X, B, Y, Up(2), Y while customizing your character's guns and clothing.

Comcast Event multi-player map
Select the "Extras" option at the main menu. Select the "Comcast Gift" option, then enter Comcast Faster as a password to unlock the "Comcast Event" multi-player map.

Prequel bonus
Have a saved game file from Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas with an "Elite rank". When starting a new game in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 you will be given 2,500 experience points, the ballistic face mask, and flight helmet.
thanks!

just got the game today :)

madmook

Marty Chinn said:
Does anyone know if I can do this to get the level up achiemevent and avoid the bug?
I deleted all R6Vegas data off my hdd (savegame, profile and even the red and black pack dlc), and when I put in Vegas 2 it still knew who I was and promoted me. :lol There is no escape!

SupahBlah said:
I've been trying to play terrorist hunt with my friends all day on the ps3 and its been dreadful.

Disgrace.

I figured this might of been 'fixed' by now.. but I'm also still dropping out games I'm lucky to get into. WTF!?

... This is turning out to be an even more regretful purchase than AOT, But unlike AOT, it's fun when its working! (Online). SP Campaign is competent. But I don't see myself going through it again anytime soon. I'm sensing a trade-in -_-

Assembly Required said:
I figured this might of been 'fixed' by now.. but I'm also still dropping out games I'm lucky to get into. WTF!?

... This is turning out to be an even more regretful purchase than AOT, But unlike AOT, it's fun when its working! (Online). SP Campaign is competent. But I don't see myself going through it again anytime soon. I'm sensing a trade-in -_-

-1. I'm not putting up with this bullshit like i did in the first one.

shifty100

Banned
The MP on ps3 is a total shambles, fucking ubisoft pricks have the balls to charge me for something that doesn't work ...

Ubisoft ......
Bill-Murray-you-suck.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It worked great for me but YES, it does need a patch or the servers need to be dealt with. Overall improvement on the PS3 version.

SupahBlah

Banned
Assembly Required said:

I'm not joking this is the worst online I've ever seen on any game, whoever did this for ubisoft should be frankly ashamed and its pretty awful this passed certification.

I managed to get into two games and ended up getting dropped half way through.

shifty100

Banned
Yeah I have been able to join one online game in the past 6 hours, open nat on a 20meg cable ( fibre optic ) line.

Really is shameful.

Sandman42

I haven't had any connection problems yet, so far it's been pretty smooth. (playing on 360)

This game is awesome though, I've almost maxed out my CQB points.

gray_fox224 said:
Damn, I' haven't even tried the online modes yet. Now I'm afraid of these connection problems.

If you own the 360 version. I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about (I haven't seen any complaints regarding any of the online modes). But if you have the PS3 version.. you're definitely going to want to.. try not to get pissed.

SupahBlah

Banned
shifty100 said:
Better still I have had two system lock ups and it has kicked me back to the xmb a few times aswell.

:(

I've had lock ups when on the friends list sending a "Failed" message, its like the screen freezes for a couple a seconds but you can still hear the text icon sound in the background.

I've only been booted back to the XMB a few times, they gave me false hope as I thought I was getting into a game. :lol

:(

Eric WK said:
Fantastic.

Is there any lag? Is it better, worse, or the same in co-op, terrorist hunt, or versus modes?

Does everything generally work like RSV? Can you get the achievements whether you are playing in ranked or unranked games (as long as you have six people, of course!)?

Also, just for those who purchased the PS3 version...have you not learned from Ubi's previous PS3 games? I feel for you if you are a PS3-only gamer, but if you're a multiplatform owner did you really expect the PS3 version to be on par with the 360 version. Had Ubi EVER had a PS3 port that was on par?

dammitmattt said:
Also, just for those who purchased the PS3 version...have you not learned from Ubi's previous PS3 games? I feel for you if you are a PS3-only gamer, but if you're a multiplatform owner did you really expect the PS3 version to be on par with the 360 version. Had Ubi EVER had a PS3 port that was on par?

This is my first. And, yeah. Lesson learned.

SupahBlah

Banned
dammitmattt said:

No, ubisoft and ps3 should be enough to put anyone off.

I only got it on the ps3 because all my friends did (and a couple who are ps3 only) it was literally two days before release when they finally convinced me to get the ps3 version.

I thought it would be at least functional.

SupahBlah said:
No, ubisoft and ps3 should be enough to put anyone off.

I only got it on the ps3 because all my friends did (and a couple who are ps3 only) it was literally two days before release when they finally convinced me to get the ps3 version.

I thought it would be at least functional.

That's understandable. I'm just lucky that my friends all have 360s so I don't have to deal with these gimped Ubi ports. Hopefully they'll fix it soon...

strange_booj said:
TAR-21 assault rifle
Hold RB and press Down(2), Up(2), X, B, X, B, Y, Up(2), Y while customizing your character's guns and clothing.

Comcast Event multi-player map
Select the "Extras" option at the main menu. Select the "Comcast Gift" option, then enter Comcast Faster as a password to unlock the "Comcast Event" multi-player map.

Prequel bonus
Have a saved game file from Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas with an "Elite rank". When starting a new game in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 you will be given 2,500 experience points, the ballistic face mask, and flight helmet.
If people didn't know:

Streets Multi-Player Map
Extras->Exclusive Content and Login/Register with an Ubi account, you get Streets for free (not on the disk like the Comcast map, I think it was about a 90/100MB download)

gray_fox224 said:
Desert Ease, I got your message for the add. Thanks.

No problem, was going to play tonight but the basement starts flooding as soon as I start the game up. I will be on this weekend for sure though.

Aaand I'm back to the pipes.

DuckRacer

So I've just done the first half of the third level (w/ the gymnasium), and holy shit is the framerate terrible. I kid you not, all of it before a certain checkpoint is a slideshow with a bunch of tearing. Ugh.

SupahBlah

Banned
Duck said:
So I've just done the first half of the third level (w/ the gymnasium), and holy shit is the framerate terrible. I kid you not, all of it before a certain checkpoint is a slideshow with a bunch of tearing. Ugh.

360 version?

I had some slowdown during the single player on the ps3. No tearing though.

DuckRacer

SupahBlah said:
360 version?

I had some slowdown during the single player on the ps3. No tearing though.
Yep. I'm not sure it'd be a hardware issue with my 360 or if it's a major RSV2 bug or something, but damn if I didn't want to gouge my eyes out.

J-Rzez

dammitmattt said:
Is there any lag? Is it better, worse, or the same in co-op, terrorist hunt, or versus modes?

I didn't do MP yet, but did some co-op and terrorist hunt and it ran pretty good. Still trying to finish up Story now and unlock some more stuff then I'll be hitting up MP.

Darkflight said:
If people didn't know:

Streets Multi-Player Map
Extras->Exclusive Content and Login/Register with an Ubi account, you get Streets for free (not on the disk like the Comcast map, I think it was about a 90/100MB download)
cool, thanks !

Top Bottom