• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

nskinnear said:
resized_20100513140721.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...d-Dead-Redemption-PS3-lands-exclusive-content

So, PS3 owners get a gang hideout and a gang outfit? Cool.

Ah fuck please not this exclusive content bullshit again. Hope he is wrong.

nskinnear said:
I hate that too, but at least it's nothing significant. It's not like a whole new chapter or anything...

I suppose yeah and my gut tells me they do that because it's lacking in some other area. Call it the skeptic in me. :lol

peetfeet said:
Why didn't Magnus' copy have that sticker on the front?

A good point.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Revolutionary said:
He had a Canadian copy, no? Perhaps it's a US-only thing?

EDIT: Confirmed above.

So do other versions of both consoles have all this ? or JUST this one version ?

Pooya

peetfeet said:
Why didn't Magnus' copy have that sticker on the front?
maybe it's a regional thing... why there were no trailer or any ad mentioning the exclusive content?
EDIT: so we, PAL gamers, what do we get? :p.

miladesn said:
maybe it's a regional thing... why there were no trailer or any ad mentioning the exclusive content?

I think it's because no US copies had been seen up until this story broke. Kind of shady that no other country besides the US get's this content though.

adamsapple

ummo said:
it's already on many DD servers... 360 banned players having fun tonight.

They won't get that sweet ass top-hat though, so it's completely irrelevant.

@Jyettis

hide out makes it sound like a .. safe house ? ala one of those GTA sav e spot houses I guess..

Denzar

Gotta say, Rockstar's marketing team did a hell of a job with this game.

From nothing to balls out hype for a "new" IP. Admirable job.

peetfeet

Why would Sony go to the trouble of getting PS3 Exclusive content for the US only? Possible Different free Exclusives for other territories too?

FrankT

nskinnear said:
Yes.

Well, mine is at least... And my GS almost never does midnight launches.

Well then mine most certainly will. They have them all the time. AW and RDR at midnight sounds right.

peetfeet said:
Why would Sony go to the trouble of getting PS3 Exclusive content for the US only? Possible Different free Exclusives for other territories too?

More people and money to be made here, only reason.

Lebron

A top hat automatically makes you better than everyone without one. Your aim is better, your poker is better, your luck with the females is better, your horse riding is better, your stealing is better, even your piss is better. Now if they included a monocle as well? Oh lordy, it would be too much awesome for one person to sport.

Simo

CozMick said:
So it was either the PS3 version shown during the trailer

or

It was cut from the 360 just before release.

The Walton Gang is a mission on the 360 version too I believe. In fact the costume they're showing is actually the character Mo Van Barr, a member of the gang and one of the requirements in "obtaining" the Deadly Assassin outfit is to kill or capture Van Barr:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/rdrvote/

Gamestop now has their list up for stores doing midnight releases:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/reddead/

I have searched the f out of this thread and cannot find Magnus's "impressions" other than the occasional snippet.

Can someone point me to the post number where he's put the majority of his comments?

Lebron

Can't remember the last time I went to a GS midnight launch. I always just roll in to Walmart at midnight, or close to it. Hasn't failed me yet.

Magnus

alfmac said:
Is there any screen tearing in PS3 version?

None.

Also, re: the bonus PS3 content, I don't see any evidence of it here in my copy of the game. It may be that it's downloadable content that is provided for with a R* code on an insert with the game, and that insert may be missing from the version of the game provided to me. I'm hoping it's still offered in Canada. It's rare we don't get a bonus the States get, that's weird.

I just woke up, (lol), time to crack into this game again.

Also, I wish everyone wouldn't quote and go crazy over the comment where I said a dude was crawling around with just his arms after I took out his knees. I later confirmed it was just like, a death animation, and because I kept shooting, I thought it was something more than that. :lol

adamsapple

@Magnus

No sticker on your cover ?

the US version image provided has a pretty big sticker on it.

Magnus

Nah, no sticker, but from the photo in this thread, that sticker's outside the shrink-wrapping. I received mine open, it was promotional, basically.

BenjaminBirdie said:
YAY!!!

So I'll have it Monday night at the latest.

;D
Dude, we are of the same mind. I just got off the phone with my Gamestop and they're doing the Monday midnight thing. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, f yeah f yeah f yeah!

Imagine Dwight Schrute psyching himself up with some Iron Maiden on the way to a sales pitch.

2wmhshk.jpg

FACT: That is how I feel.

Denzar

Would you mind taking a picture of your screen while playing Magnus?

I think it would answer many questions and please a lot of PS3 gaffers.

Melville

/Europe
So... we get the game later, we have to pay more for it and we get less content? Some things never change, do they?
/Europe

Magnus

Deepack said:
Would you mind taking a picture of your screen while playing Magnus?

I think it would answer many questions and please a lot of PS3 gaffers.

I'm not sure how or why, but ok :lol (iPhone cam, sorry I don't have anything better)

and for whoever was asking about resolutions, the game/system are choosing 720p to run this, apparently. I have no idea how to determine if it's a true 720p, or whatever.

2508oy9.jpg

Top Bottom