• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

screenshot_231414.jpg

This is so Pimp! I am glad I went with the PS3 Version :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DeuceMojo said:
Not sure if you guys noticed, but the PS3 version has this odd skewed effect.

:lol

Arrows need to be accompanied by "the fuck!?"

vital

Banned
Why would Sony go through all the trouble to get bonus content and then keep it in the US. Are they aren't trying to compete with canada or europe or something? Don't they want the PS3 version to sell well regardless of the country?

alfmac

Neo Member
Melville said:
/Europe
So... we get the game later, we have to pay more for it and we get less content? Some things never change, do they?
/Europe

Yes.
In Italy i pay €70 euros for the limited edition; standard edition here costs €65 euros.
All new games have the same price.
We get less content and we pay more than Americans.
We can only say thank to UK, as you know, on Zavvi, Play.com or Game.co.uk games are very cheap.

So are most interiors enterable? I hate when you go to a mission area and it triggers a cutscene, and then that building is locked. It disconnects you from the world. Like the person that gave you the mission is inside the house, but the door is locked, so they aren't really there. That's what I noticed in the live stream, just like GTA. Is it always like this, or can I roam around inside peoples houses and stuff?

Camper182

Magnus said:
notsureifserious

How could you tell anything from such a poor quality photo? :lol
post more pics please :D

or holy shit wait, post videos, and then we upload them to upload websites so they dont get removed.

Kinyou

Camper182 said:
post more pics please :D

or holy shit wait, post videos, and then we upload them to upload websites so they dont get removed.

Hell yeah, just record an awesome gif worthy scene and we all will love you
even more

Oh shit, with that top hat, I hope to make my multiplayer character look like Daniel Day Lewis (Bill "The Butcher" Cutting) in Gangs of New York.

7ds3b.jpg

arts-graphics-2003_1140143a.jpg

Going to ride with my posse, named the Natives, kicking some foreigners ass, especially those drunk irish bastards.

FUCKING GOTY!

DeadGzuz

Banned
chandoog said:
holy shit you guys .. humor meters broken or something ? lol

I've seen much more ignorant stuff around here, my bar is low. Carry on...

BTW just pre-ordered at Amazon. I have no hype for this game, but I just got notified about a bonus at work and my B-day is near :)

Backlog, Fffffffffffuuuuuu!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
DeadGzuz said:
I've seen much more ignorant stuff around here, my bar is low. Carry on...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Coming from you, the biggest troll on GAF, this is quite funny. I had a good chuckle.

Chrange

Banned
RSTEIN said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Coming from you, the biggest troll on GAF, this is quite funny. I had a good chuckle.
He reads his own posts from time to time, just to be sure he's still on the One True Path. :D

Beardz

PS3 users: terrible framerate, slow loading times, horrible controls (R2/L2)... let's cancel our preorders!!!!

XBOX users: *giggles*

PS3 users: omg we get an exclusive TOP HAT!!!!! *preorders again*

XBOX users: WUT?! we want that hat too!! *rages*

pr0cs

Beardz said:
XBOX users: WUT?! we want that hat too!! *rages*
Yeah there is hope that that sort of content around clothing will eventually make it to all platforms.
A stable/identical running game on both platforms I'm a lot less confident of.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
pr0cs said:
Yeah there is hope that that sort of content around clothing will eventually make it to all platforms.
A stable/identical running game on both platforms I'm a lot less confident of.
Will follow the way of the episodes, 1-2 years.

JardeL said:
Spreading FUD.

ACE 1991

Crisco said:
yeah, i can't see how saying "it's like GTA4" is a criticism. there is absolutely no metric by which you can say GTA4 was anything less than a stellar product. it had it's faults for sure and suffered from an enormous amount of hype, but we're talking one of the top 5 games of this entire console generation.

The one thing that's always bugged me about GTA4 is that R* crafted a wholly engrossing, dramatic, and fantastic story backed up by great characters; however, outside of cutscenes and in game story-related dialouge the actual game world (although more subtley than previous GTA's) was still very much a satirization of American culture. This juxtaposition always bothered me and I would love it if GTA5 went all the way by marrying the tone of it's story with that of everything else present in the game's world. Although RDR is still somewhat satirical (so says R*) I'm hoping it's a little more serious than GTA4.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
sw33tclyde said:
R* just updated their newswire: here

Nothing too important, just a list of their favorite westerns to watch until release.

that's cool High Plains Drifter gets a mention, movie that doesn't get enough love.

Magnus

Horseshoes is insanely boring and a screwup to control. Poker is poker. I like being able to look around the table at the other players and the faces they try and pull off. :lol

1zedqvr.jpg

Guys correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't really a official picture of the outfit, just a picture of the gang leader, right?

Just saying.. don't want a bunch of hype around this dude's top hat only to find out it's not it.

JoNike

Neo Member
I'm still struggling between ps3 and x360. The top hat is certainly not something that will throw me in the ps3 direction. I'm more worried about ps3 performance and multiplayer stability... Right now I'd say I'm 70% X360 - 30% PS3. Choice-choice-choice... Media embargo end monday, right?

can anyone tell me if these can be done?

hijack a train. kill innocent bystanders.. then blow it up? can i blow up a train track bridge and have to have the train derail?

can i lasso a dude and put him on the rail tracks to watch him get squashed over by a train? :lol

can i hang someone from a tree? and if so, shoot the rope before he dies?

Zeliard

Magnus said:
Horseshoes is insanely boring and a screwup to control. Poker is poker. I like being able to look around the table at the other players and the faces they try and pull off. :lol

You have the game?

You son of a bitch.

JoNike

Neo Member
Magnus said:

Have you tried multiplayer a little bit yet? Guess there is not much people online right now... R* wouldn't say (to Kotaku) if mini-game (drinking/poker) was available in multi or not.

Top Bottom