• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Sn4ke_911 said:
new Wildlife & Hunting pics

Next-Gen Oregon Trail?
hunting-the-trail6.jpg

:D

NHale

Gamers are getting eager to play the upcoming Red Dead title and it looks like the PS3 version just landed a couple exclusive pieces of game content that may make multiplatform owners pick the PS3 version over the Xbox 360.

Very similar to Batman: Arkham Asylum, which had the exclusive feature of playing as the Joker, Red Dead Redemption will also feature some exclusive to hopefully sway the consumers mind towards the PS3 version. It did work with Batman and the title ended up outselling the Xbox 360 likely due to that reason. The exclusive content will be Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout and Walton Gang Outfit -- according to the retail box. The content is included for free and packed in the game's casing.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...d-Dead-Redemption-PS3-lands-exclusive-content

Tek

Hmm, reading Magnus' impressions, I liked GTA 4 and bought both episodes. I like western settings, the controls of GTA4 didn't bother me too much ( except for the mashing X to run ) and I have a 360 so no gamespy issues.

Sounds like a winnah!

Now its time to go into a coma until Monday night...

I need a cowboy hat added to my avatar so Opus can get his western groove on. Anyone want to help me out? :)

CozMick

Banned
Well, the exclusive content has finally made my decision for me.......

PS3 RDR it is. :D

Now fingers X'd the chat works

BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow!

Total sneak attack! They advertised that Batman content like months in advance.
yeah wierd, the whole point of exclusive content is to, you know, let people know about it, so that they buy one version of the game over another. It's almost like they've tried to keep this stuff secret...

Bossman

Well, that exclusive content doesn't sound very interesting. I mean it's only one new outfit and one new location that's probably just a small cave or something.

UrbanRats

Bossman said:
Well, that exclusive content doesn't sound very interesting. I mean it's only one new outfit and one new location that's probably just a small cave or something.
Sounds enough to me. :mad:
Hopefully they'll be available as DLC on 360, sooner or later. (just like EFLC)

EDIT: Ah, seen the pic.. maybe just like all the other "EXCLUSIVE" content, it'll just unlock the stuff sooner in the game and for free.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
schennmu said:
Offscreen footage from a trailer that makes the game look bad... ok

it was posted because it's a 360 screen containing the PS3 content

CozMick

Banned
BrassMonkey1010 said:
It is showing off the exclusive ps3 content. The gang stuff. That was just mentioned.

So it was either the PS3 version shown during the trailer

or

It was cut from the 360 just before release.

Top Bottom