• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Truespeed

CAW said:
I just went to the local video place here by my house where I haveRDR pre-ordered. I went to pick up some energy drinks and sure enough they have the game in already but they won't break street date. I even offered the guy a whooping $5! :D

:(

Oh, it's not money that he wants...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sethos said:
Untitled-3.png
LOL

The feels good is nice too

Rockstar Games here :D

Just so people are aware.. We do not like for our game to be shown on low quality live streams as we like for our games to be experienced in the best quality possible & how they were meant to be played.

Continuing to stream on various live streaming sites will only result in the live broadcast being cut off & the broadcaster being banned.

You have been warned.

With that out of the way, We really do hope you enjoy our game, come 18th / 21st .. Our team here at Rockstar have spent a remarkable amount of time polishing & getting the game *just right* for you guys who are patiently awaiting the game's arrival! so don't be surprised to see a patch/update appear as soon as you boot up the game, we are always improving our game engine :D

Have fun!

Yours Sincerely, Rockstar Games :)

enkeixpress said:
Rockstar Games here,

Just so people are aware.. We do not like for our game to be shown on low quality live streams as we like for our games to be experienced in the best quality possible & how they were meant to be played.

Continuing to stream on various live streaming sites will only result in the live broadcast being cut off & the broadcaster being banned.

You have been warned.

With that out of the way, We really do hope you enjoy our game, come 18th / 21st .. Our team here at Rockstar have spent a remarkable amount of time polishing & getting the game *just right* for you guys who are patiently awaiting the game's arrival! so don't be surprised to see a patch/update appear as soon as you boot up the game, we are always improving our game engine :D

Have fun!

Sincerely, Rockstar Games :)

Gaming dictatorship?

I should clarify. I'd be more understanding, but still not agree with it, if you said "until it is officially released" somewhere in there.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
enkeixpress said:

I don't like watching low res streams.. But if I have to in order to get some PS3 footage I will. Sup with the complete absence of ps3 footage?

Cant0na

Banned
enkeixpress said:

You have been warned.

Have fun!

nazis

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
man just saw a saloon fight with a realy drunken John Marston involved. :lol

so fucking awesome

Truespeed

enkeixpress said:

You have been warned.

Have fun!

169lyya.gif

Mr. Sam

Never got the point of streams anyway. "Oh, man! It plays so well!" Yeah? Cool. Wish I wasn't just watching it then.

Edit: Damn you, clumsy human fingers!

Teknoman

enkeixpress said:

You have been warned.

Have fun!

Oh snap, day 1 patch! Wonder whats going to be improved.

UrbanRats

Mr. Sam said:
Never got the point of streams anyway. "Oh, man! It plays so well!" Yeah? Cool. Which I wasn't just watching it then.
To me it's like peeking through your fingers at an Horror movie.. you want to look but at the same time you DON't.

enkeixpress said:

You mean like how there is no PC version, amirite?

enkeixpress said:

You have been warned.

Have fun!

Dear Rockstar Games,

I have a friend here and he plays GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption on SDTV. So as you like for your games to be experienced in the best quality possible & how they were meant to be played please either buy him an HDTV or please come and buy those games (GTAIV and RDR) back from him. So he cannot play those games in any way they were not meant to be played. PS: his games are pirated copies.

And for myself and other people, if you like your games to be experienced in the best quality possible, please for fuck's sake stop making sub HD games...

valentine71 said:
Dear Rockstar Games,

I have a friend here and he plays GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption on SDTV. So as you like for your games to be experienced in the best quality possible & how they were meant to be played please either buy him an HDTV or please come and buy those games (GTAIV and RDR) back from him. So he cannot play those games in any way they were not meant to be played. PS: his games are pirated copies.

And for myself and other people, if you like your games to be experienced in the best quality possible, please for fuck's sake stop making sub HD games...

ZING!

Kinyou

Mr. Sam said:
Never got the point of streams anyway. "Oh, man! It plays so well!" Yeah? Cool. Which I wasn't just watching it then.

I feel like the whole purpose of streams is to show gameplay of unreleased games. Why else would I want to endure watch someone else playing while talking complete bullshit?

Edit: So according to Rockstars' statment it would be okay to record HD videos and upload them on youtube?

enkeixpress said:

You have been warned.

Have fun!

Net_Wrecker here :D

I truly do appreciate the great games you guys make, and I know Red Dead Redemption will be just as great, so can you please pick up the phone, call the universe, and tell him to move his ass and make these next 3 days pass by a little quicker.

Yours Sincerely, me

deadbeef

Kinyou said:
I feel like the whole purpose of streams is to show gameplay of unreleased games. Why else would I want to endure watch someone else playing while talking complete bullshit?
See: Endurance Run

Mr. Sam

Kinyou said:

All I can think of is masochism, especially judging from how annoying the commentaries have been described as in this thread.

UrbanRats

valentine71 said:
Dear Rockstar Games,

Leave Name and Surname of your friend and they will be more then happy to retrieve those games from him(rightfully so). :lol

reKon said:
omg:lol :lol :lol

I like to take this too, but i'll let someone else get it

That's very neighborly of you..

deadbeef said:
Can we get a verification that's a R* employee? If not, isn't that a no-no?

It more than likely was since they hinted at a patch on release day. No one else would know about that.

DietRob

deadbeef said:
Can we get a verification that's a R* employee? If not, isn't that a no-no?

1 post, joined a year ago yesterday according to public profile. Who knows really.

RbBrdMan said:
I don't like watching low res streams.. But if I have to in order to get some PS3 footage I will. Sup with the complete absence of ps3 footage?

We are very sorry for the complete absence of any ps3 footage.. :lol

Our media & coding team choose what system to show the game off on & Xbox 360 is usually the most popular choice here at Rockstar.. well, most of the time.

But rest assured, that the PS3 version is just as good as the Xbox 360 version. They both look exactly the same & we have made sure to make that as obvious as possible on both platforms. We have learnt alot since developing GTA IV for the PS3 a few years back & we are now much more acquainted with how the console "ticks" & so, It is now on par with the Xbox 360 version more than ever.

You will love it & we have also given a little extra to PS3 users as a thank you gift. Xbox 360 users will receive this further on down the line though so all is well. :D

Yours sincerely, Rockstar Games.

Sethos

Banned
enkeixpress said:

Our media & coding team choose what system to show the game off on & Xbox 360 is usually the most popular choice here at Rockstar.. well, most of the time.

But rest assured, that the PS3 version is just as good as the Xbox 360 version. They both look exactly the same & we have made sure to make that as obvious as possible on both platforms. We have learnt alot since developing GTA IV for the PS3 a few years back & we are now much more acquainted with how the console "ticks" & so, It is now on par with the Xbox 360 version more than ever.

You will love it :D

Get out, now.

Spy

I've had this game preordered for awhile but have not been following it at all aside from watching one trailer. I don't know what to expect!

DietRob

enkeixpress said:

You will love it & we have also given a little extra to PS3 users as a thank you gift. Xbox 360 users will receive this further on down the line though so all is well. :D

Anything you would care to debut in this thread??

It's the RDR thread of the ages my man.

NinjaBoiX

valentine71 said:
Fuck resolution. Densely detailed enviroments, procedural animation, beautifully weighted physics, dynamic weather, organic eco-system, I think R* have their priorities spot on for the game they're making, and resolution is low on the list. In the words of Brucie Kibbutz, "That's just how we roll".

Top Bottom