• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

DrBo42

Man some of the chats in these streams make me sick. When did dropping the n bomb become funny? "FIND SOME WHORES TO KILL!" Ugh. I realize I can look away or close the window but damn it makes me sad that these people exist.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
enkeixpress said:
We are very sorry for the complete absence of any ps3 footage.. :lol

Our media & coding team choose what system to show the game off on & Xbox 360 is usually the most popular choice here at Rockstar.. well, most of the time.

But rest assured, that the PS3 version is just as good as the Xbox 360 version. They both look exactly the same & we have made sure to make that as obvious as possible on both platforms. We have learnt alot since developing GTA IV for the PS3 a few years back & we are now much more acquainted with how the console "ticks" & so, It is now on par with the Xbox 360 version more than ever.

You will love it & we have also given a little extra to PS3 users as a thank you gift. Xbox 360 users will receive this further on down the line though so all is well. :D

Yours sincerely, Rockstar Games.

This impersonation shit is stupid. Save it for GameFAQs.

DrBo42

Cerrius said:
This impersonation shit is stupid. Save it for GameFAQs.
Yeah. The first and last lines give it away. No one that wanted to keep their job would talk about timed exclusives or admit to a lack of ps3 footage and then add an emoticon.

Rikyfree

enkeixpress said:
We are very sorry for the complete absence of any ps3 footage.. :lol

Our media & coding team choose what system to show the game off on & Xbox 360 is usually the most popular choice here at Rockstar.. well, most of the time.

But rest assured, that the PS3 version is just as good as the Xbox 360 version. They both look exactly the same & we have made sure to make that as obvious as possible on both platforms. We have learnt alot since developing GTA IV for the PS3 a few years back & we are now much more acquainted with how the console "ticks" & so, It is now on par with the Xbox 360 version more than ever.

You will love it & we have also given a little extra to PS3 users as a thank you gift. Xbox 360 users will receive this further on down the line though so all is well. :D

Yours sincerely, Rockstar Games.
I have a question. Is there any chance you guys could patch the ps3 version so that R1/L1 are the fire/aim buttons instead of R2/L2? At least add the option to switch it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Him shooting the bird out of the sky, then the armadillo, then running around stabbing the horses was awesome.

I don't want to watch the streams and spoil it for myself, and I'm not finding any relevant information in the last four/five pages of "dat ass" and "feels good man" shots, so I'll just ask.

Has there been any more substantiated information on the PS3 version of RDR?

I've got both systems, and the 360 version preordered as a precaution, but I would rather play on the PS3 if they are of equal quality. I saw earlier about the shooting on the PS3 triggers and Gamespy servers, but is there any more info?

Thanks in advance.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Dresden said:
That sarcasm's awfully unbecoming of you, Eli. That's going to hold you back in life worse than your lazy eye.

:lol That stuck out to me, too.

Gotta love ustream chat. The word "fuck" is censored, but people can talk about how they plan on committing genecide against mexicans, and that's just fine...

Big-ass Ramp

Anonymous Tipster said:
I don't want to watch the streams and spoil it for myself, and I'm not finding any relevant information in the last four/five pages of "dat ass" and "feels good man" shots, so I'll just ask.

Has there been any more substantiated information on the PS3 version of RDR?

I've got both systems, and the 360 version preordered as a precaution, but I would rather play on the PS3 if they are of equal quality. I saw earlier about the shooting on the PS3 triggers and Gamespy servers, but is there any more info?

Thanks in advance.

PS3 has exclusive content.

UrbanRats

Joe Shlabotnik said:
No one really believes that post is from Rockstar, right? Right? Generally spokespeople don't write like 16-year-olds.
I think it was just a mutual trolling. (that's the way i've seen it, anyway)

Big-ass Ramp

Anonymous Tipster said:
Thanks, but that's not really a deal breaker, as I expect it's menial.

I'm more interested in the technical aspects. I'd rather it not be another Bayonetta.

Honestly, they seem to be the same as of right now. We may find out differently a few days after release, but you'll want to buy the game before then. I say you get the game for the console of your choice.

Big Ass Ramp said:
So there's a cutscene every time you pick up ammo? That will get annoying real quick.
I agree, that is on my nerves after two minutes of watching the stream. Hope that can be disabled or something. Seems pointless.

criesofthepast said:
Officially pre-ordered. :D

and now i'm broke. but it will be worth it.

Wish I could say that :( I had to cancel mine after I needed the money to fix my car and now I'm waiting to get my Amazon trade in credit. Looks like my games won't arrive until the 18th. I've been considering going to Gamespot. They've got that 2 game get RDR for $20 plus 30% extra trade in credit and automatic upgrade to LE when you pre-order. I hate Gamespot though...

I guess if I have to wait 'er out, I will. I just want to fuck shit up with the GAF PS3 mustache gangs.

The_Reckoning said:
I agree, that is on my nerves after two minutes of watching the stream. Hope that can be disabled or something. Seems pointless.

What cutscene? I've seen people picking up ammo right off the ground just like GTAIV.

Mik2121

Net_Wrecker said:
What cutscene? I've seen people picking up ammo right off the ground just like GTAIV.
Yup. I just checked the quoted stream to see the animation, and I just saw him skin some cow and then pick up some money and something else (ammo?) just by walking over it.

I guess the only cutscene is for skinning? At least it seemed like that.

Anyway, I watched about a minute of stream and that's all I'm watching. It looked AMAZING even if the quality of the video was horrible. I can't wait just a few more days! arghhh

Net_Wrecker said:
When he loots corpses on the latest ustream feed, he crouches over and the camera cuts to a different angle for a second while he loots. Just doesn't make sense to me. It's a nitpick, but still bugs me. Don't remember that from GTA.

Ammo picks up, just by walking over. But to check the corpse for money etc. Watching on my iPhone, so he may be doing something more. Not sure, just saw someone else comment on it, and I echoed the annoyance.

Big-ass Ramp

Net_Wrecker said:

you must be able to turn it off then because on the live stream, there's a 2 second scene every time he bends down to pick up ammo.

Top Bottom