• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Im going to only use this pistol in the game:

300px-350px-COLTM1911_1913.jpg

I'll feel like such a badass, walking around with this modern pistol while others have those crappy revolvers with the long load times

Aigis said:
I'm guessing it's because GTA4 streams a large amount of assets. Plus it was probably heavily optimized for DVD too.

I read it in some GAF post and there were some replies that all agreed. Personally, my 120GB runs the game better than off the DVD. When I still used my 20GB it would take seconds for the road to pop-in.

Ah I misunderstood your previous post. Thanks for the reply anyway though.

Jtrizzy

WTF? this thread has grown 20 pages since I last read it about 18 hours ago? I hate to ask, but can anyone summarize? I went to bed when Magnus quit posting PS3 impressions.

UFRA

Rhino said:
As juinors shouldn't we have to fight in a pit filled with lions while a mod laughs and is fed grapes?

I like your enthusiasm, you're going to do well here.

Bring in the lions!

Rhino said:
I propose an online duel for Avatar rights

Tuesday....noon.

Xbox Live.

You choose the town bucko

*spit*

See you Tuesday kiddo

*saunters off*

As creator of said avatar, I feel it is my duty to oversee such matters. Send me an invite so's I might attend. GT: CriscoGiant

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Massa said:
Why the hell would you watch a stream of some stranger playing a game? I seriously don't get it.

Funny how it bothers you enough to post that

UFRA

Big Ass Ramp said:
eep eep, I'm so excited for this.

The hype has gotten the best of me.

I was getting more and more hyped until I found out Gamespy is involved in the servers for the PS3 version.

Now I'm deeply concerned.

Johningame

Neo Member
A live stream of mission play is currently active on Ustream. Be careful though, spoilers abound!

Edit: GameStop employee went to bed, shows over.

JMizzlin

He just lay a hogtied outlaw(?) onto a train track and watched as a train 'sploded the body. Incredible.

Anybody know if it's possible to heard animals off cliffs? This question could decide whether this is the GOTY or not :lol

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Eye Drop said:
He just lay a hogtied outlaw(?) onto a train track and watched as a train 'sploded the body. Incredible.

I need to know if you can do this to a human player.

:)

Mik2121

Tempy said:
I need to know if you can do this to a human player.

:)
I believe you can hogtie people in multiplayer? But maybe there's some way to get rid of it, dunno. We need someone to confirm this to us :p

Mik2121 said:
I believe you can hogtie people in multiplayer? But maybe there's some way to get rid of it, dunno. We need someone to confirm this to us :p

Ask Magnus or ntb825 to get on MP and see if the lasso is available or not. I'm hoping it's in like they said on the Kotaku phone-in, but people were saying it wasn't in one of the streams earlier.

On an unrelated note, I just finished episode 7 of Deadwood s1, and gd if it isn't addicting. I need sleep though, will peruse the inevitable 10+ pages when I wake up, g'night folks.

Mik2121

I decided to check the vidya stream again, pretty funny sometimes :lol :lol

He's doing some sort of race and he crashed every now and then, looked like a lot of fun though. The guy even sang some F-Zero songs while racing. He's kinda cool in my book :p Makes funny jokes and whatnot. The people in the chat though.. ughh.. :(

Shaka

Mik2121 said:
I decided to check the vidya stream again, pretty funny sometimes :lol :lol

He's doing some sort of race and he crashed every now and then, looked like a lot of fun though. The guy even sang some F-Zero songs while racing. He's kinda cool in my book :p Makes funny jokes and whatnot. The people in the chat though.. ughh.. :(
I disagree. Talks too fucking much, drops the N word every now and then and eats with the fucking mike on. Fuck this cunt.

Sethos

Banned
Most of the streams I've seen are rubbish, always some guy who talks like a waterfall, is rubbish at the game and pauses every other minute to ban someone ( attempt to ... ) or clear the chat.

Just play the damn game, stop worrying about someone in the chatbox and don't eat your crisps with the mic on ... you know what, just turn it off completely.

I was desperate before this, now I'm just gonna wait.

Denzar

Magnus said:
Framerate kind of goes to shit during a multi-character gun battle. Nothing game breaking, but yeah.

FUCK

Kind of a bummer knowing that multi-character gunbattles in a Western game are PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
StevePharma said:
There's gonna be a ton of impressions this weekend because I noticed the game (and also the new PoP) has been leaked.

i don't believe you

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
StevePharma said:
I don't think GAF is the place to dicuss piracy but Red Dead is available on the p2p, Prince of Persia as well. It's sad but common these days
People usually get caught out for that kind of stuff though.

Top Bottom