• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

MercuryLS

Banned
ntb825 said:
I've put 3 hours into a retail copy of the Xbox 360 version (thanks local mom and pop shop :D but fuck off for charging me $70 USD for it) and I haven't experienced any of these glitches.

Man I could get it tomorrow but I gotta be patient and get it at Bestbuy on tuesday so I can use my rewardzone points :/

MercuryLS

Banned
sumo390 said:
Anybody with the 360 version know how big the download to hard drive is?

Yeah I'd like to know too. I'll probably get it for 360 for that one reason alone, my PS3 sounds like a jet engine nowadays and with a game that streams a large world like this, this will probably really tax the system.

MercuryLS

Banned
xxracerxx said:
Ahh but should we install it on the HD, because doesnt GTA4 run better if you do not install it?

That's a good point, but GTAIV came out before harddrive install was even a feature on the machine. I'm hoping R* optimized it for off HDD streaming.

Risette

A Good Citizen
xxracerxx said:
Ahh but should we install it on the HD, because doesnt GTA4 run better if you do not install it?
Only on 20GB harddrives, they're too slow to stream at what GTA4 needs. Though even on the 20GBs it doesn't run worse, just a lot of pop-in.

RS4-

Well, after 50 mins, I have to say, I enjoy the fuck out of RDR over GTA4 just because of the controls alone.

Except for the time I rode off a cliff while riding a horse :lol

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Aigis said:
Only on 20GB harddrives, they're too slow to stream at what GTA4 needs. Though even on the 20GBs it doesn't run worse, just a lot of pop-in.

wait, the 20gb spin at slower speeds than the bigger hdds?

RS4- said:

what were the physics like for this?

feel

schennmu said:
Wait, didn't we agree that the guy who spread the info was fake?
Oh, that's right, forgot that came from the same guy. But since people with legit copies don't have the severe glitches, there's no need for a day 1 patch anyways.

ntb825

RS4- said:
Well, after 50 mins, I have to say, I enjoy the fuck out of RDR over GTA4 just because of the controls alone.

Huh?

How did you manage to do that? Whenever I try and do it the game sorta takes over. The horse lets out a nay and the game forces me back onto the path.

Do you have to go straight at the cliff?

DrBo42

ntb825 said:
Huh?

How did you manage to do that? Whenever I try and do it the game sorta takes over. The horse lets out a nay and the game forces me back onto the path.

It seems like if you're going max speed you can fly off. At least that's what I've seen from streams. Who knows.

ntb825

DrBo42 said:
It seems like if you're going max speed you can fly off. At least that's what I've seen from streams. Who knows.
oh, ok. I'll have to try that.

Like I said, whenever i'm on a path near a cliff and try to steer off of it, the game sorta takes over and pushes me away from the cliff.

RS4-

ntb825 said:
Huh?

Sorry, maybe cliff was the wrong word :lol It was uhh, during the first
race in the beginning
, wasn't paying attention and missed a bridge and fell far enough to get a death scene lol.

Mik2121

ntb825 said:
oh, ok. I'll have to try that.

Like I said, whenever i'm on a path near a cliff and try to steer off of it, the game sorta takes over and pushes me away from the cliff.
If you're walking you can jump off any cliff, right? I guess not being able to easily jump off a cliff with a horse makes sense, since the horse has it's own brain and sorta knows when some jump can mean death :p

RS4-

Big Ass Ramp said:
what were the physics like for this?

Sorry, didn't see your post.

My horse...just crumpled, like how a real horse would I suppose if it dives 20 feet straight into the ground :lol

Aigis said:

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but how exactly is it worthwhile to install any game on the 20 gig hdd if this is the case?

BF:BC2 and Fallout 3 both seemed improved after installing to the HDD, especially the load time on BC2 mp maps.

streams are almost unbearable to watch with the racist douchbag host and all of this equally poo friends

I mean, What the fuck is wrong with these people!?

EDIT: specifically talking about the vidya stream

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
AgentOtaku said:
streams are almost unbearable to watch with the racist douchbag host and all of this equally poo friends

It's like you've never been on the internet before

AgentOtaku said:

4chan.

Schrade

This is pretty damn funny. He hogtied a woman, slapped her on the back of a horse and then random people started attacking him.

Now he put the hogtied woman on the traintracks! This game seems pretty cool with how you can do so much in it.

reKon

Banned
AgentOtaku said:

Agreed, the people chatting are even worse/more annoying

So I've never pre-ordered from Amazon before. I know the code I get is supposed to go out within a week or so of the shipping, but should by bonus and the 20$ card I'm supposed to get show up in my order? I want to make sure I get my money.

BobTheFork said:
So I've never pre-ordered from Amazon before. I know the code I get is supposed to go out within a week or so of the shipping, but should by bonus and the 20$ card I'm supposed to get show up in my order? I want to make sure I get my money.

It gets applied to your account, kinda like "store" credit. Next time your order something, it should be there.

BobTheFork said:

You'll get an e-mail shortly after shipping (I usually get them in a day) stating that the credit has been added to your account, and you'll see it and choose whether or not you want to use it on the next order you make.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
BobTheFork said:

They will probably be emailed to you.

Rhino

God the game playing this is a total toolbag....and he sucks.

He tried to rob a shopkeeper with no shells in his sawed-off and got plugged in the face

:lol :lol

goddam i love the era, the wild west is dying, and modern america is right on its heels. Mik2121 told me you can purchase property in this game. fuck, how does rockstar know my body so well. We are in love!

Rhino said:
God the game playing this is a total toolbag....and he sucks.

He tried to rob a shopkeeper with no shells in his sawed-off and got plugged in the face

:lol :lol

He does show how you can break the immersion :lol
That's why I don't like to go Kill Frenzy in GTA anymore, Rockstar took that stuff in a whole new direction, so much that I role-play their games now and only go out on a rampage when there's an achievement or something or if the game specifically asks you.

Try it, enjoyment x1000 guaranteed

Edit: haha 4chan in full effect, demon Hitler on the vidya stream :D

Risette

A Good Citizen
sw33tclyde said:
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but how exactly is it worthwhile to install any game on the 20 gig hdd if this is the case?

BF:BC2 and Fallout 3 both seemed improved after installing to the HDD, especially the load time on BC2 mp maps.
I'm guessing it's because GTA4 streams a large amount of assets. Plus it was probably heavily optimized for DVD too.

I read it in some GAF post and there were some replies that all agreed. Personally, my 120GB runs the game better than off the DVD. When I still used my 20GB it would take seconds for the road to pop-in.

Rhino

The hell?

The stream just switched to a really bad Power Rangers knock off :lol

Edit: Now it's the shamwow rap :lol

Rhino

JambiBum said:
Says at the bottom of the stream that RDR will continue shortly because the streamer is taking a shit :lol :lol

He's alternating between Zero Wing, Dragon Ball Z and some Mega Man cartoon :lol

Edit: Back on RDR.

Top Bottom