• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Tobor

Clevinger said:
Waaah, I only got three amazing seasons of TV instead of four. Poor me.
You didn't want to see how it was going to end? In actual history the camp burns to the ground and is rebuilt, and I'd heard that was how the show was going to wrap up. The outline for Season 4 was already written.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
again, i'll just reiterate that i think DEADWOOD came to a pretty satisfying thematic conclusion, whatever the intentions of the people running the show.

Downhome

Alright.

Amazon preorder = canceled

GameStop preorder for midnight launch = confirmed

I must have this ASAP. Having to wait for it to ship to me and reading reviews and board messages would just be awful. Had some of the cheaper games in the "Save $40" deal that I traded in, including Call of Juarez which I'll never play again after I get this one, and then an extra one I haven't played in months so RDR is pretty much paid for now.

EDIT:

And booooooo, that great stream was just killed.

soldat7

Wow. That's an awesome deal if you're willing to wait...If I didn't already have a $50 gift card to Gamestop, I'd be all over this.

Still no word on PS3 vs. 360 on this one?

Denzar

soldat7 said:
Wow. That's an awesome deal if you're willing to wait...If I didn't already have a $50 gift card to Gamestop, I'd be all over this.

Yeah, both run fine.

No further details yet, though...

LegoDad

Did we find out if PS3 has custom soundtracks. I did a search and didn't find anything, but that doesn't mean it wasn't asked in some other way I didn't search for.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
caliblue15 said:
Did we find out if PS3 has custom soundtracks. I did a search and didn't find anything, but that doesn't mean it wasn't asked in some other way I didn't search for.

Midnight Club LA had it, so there is a chance. I hope so. As good as the music sounds in this game, I'd like to listen to my own stuff while exploring the wilderness. Maybe Magnus could check and see.

Gosh I'm soo torn!! I have Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 to rade in for the $40 credit but I despise GS and those games are worth 1000 points each via Goozex but I want RDR sooooo badly. Ugh.

Loudninja

Darkman M said:
Yeah the water thing sounds really stupid considering GTA SA & GTA IV handled it perfectly. Still gonna love the game though.

Didnt like it in GTA4 you couldn't go underwater and if you stay to long you health will began to decrease.

Darkman M

zero margin said:
lol guys, guys there is like three lakes and a river. It's not an island like GTA. You won't die from drowning much.

I think it's just an immersion issue for some, not a huge deal or game breaker though.

JardeL

soldat7 said:
X360 vers.
vs. PS3 vers. [ with exc. Hat ]

2zodcg9.gif

Seems like X360 performs better.​

Tek

prob also has something to do with setting boundaries in the game world. I mean the way they designed it is that the horizon goes on forever. This isn't set on a island like other GTAs have been.

So they can have some mountains blocking the way, a huge river that you can't cross but the draw distance just goes on and on.

Better to have that than mountains everywhere or canyons or

you cross a certain part and a pack of mountain lions eat you alive.

Barrett2

LovingSteam said:
Gosh I'm soo torn!! I have Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 to rade in for the $40 credit but I despise GS and those games are worth 1000 points each via Goozex but I want RDR sooooo badly. Ugh.
www.capitalone.com

In our modern, crazy world, man has invented something known as 'credit.'

re: swimming - I don't think it's unreasonable to assume an early 1900s midwesterner wouldn't be able to swim at all, let alone when wearing heavy, old-timey clothes.

Melville

painey said:
so falling in the water is instant death.. thats pretty lame.

To be honest, I'm playing GTA4 for the first time now and after 10 hours or so I still didn't know whether the character could swim or not.
Also, RDR doesn't seem like the type of game where you would easily fall into water and die stupidly, in comparison to inFamous for instance.

Fake edit: now I remember seeing pictures with John Marston on some kind of raft. Maybe it could get annoying in missions involving that...

Dave1988

zero margin said:
Pretty sure your horse can wade through water, especially if you can.

http://www.psxextreme.info/topic/74011-red-dead-redemption/page__view__findpost__p__2132521

Translation:

1) You can't enter every building.
2) Getting cash isn't a problem.
3) You can't engage in intercourse.
4) You do not lose your weapons after you die.
5) You can carry every weapon that you find, not only one from each class. You can cycle through them on your weapon wheel (i.e. switching from a revolver to a pistol).
6) It's better than GUN in every possible way.
7) There's no Hard difficulty per se. You just choose the degree of auto aim.
8) Morston can't swim. Neither can he cross bodies of water on horseback.

DannyCool

caliblue15 said:

Seriously who wants to play Red Dead Redemption with custom soundtracks? Thats like watching Twin Peaks with Britney Spears music as backround music.
ITS A WESTERN!

Daigoro

yeah, that sucks about the horse in water. cmon R*. oh well... next game.

zero margin said:
FYI Unforgiven starts on AMC in just over 15 mins.

anyone want to take a wager on if theyre going to show RDR ads?

timkunedo

Dave1988 said:

Is that a deal breaker to anyone? I know plenty of people that can't swim. Of course i didn't care that Altair couldn't swim either which apparently bothered a lot of folks.

Max

I am not Max
DannyCool said:
Seriously who wants to play Red Dead Redemption with custom soundtracks? Thats like watching Twin Peaks with Britney Spears music as backround music.
ITS A WESTERN!
Ennio Morricone.

Dave1988 said:
http://www.psxextreme.info/topic/74011-red-dead-redemption/page__view__findpost__p__2132521

Translation:

1) You can't enter every building.
2) Getting cash isn't a problem.
3) You can't engage in intercourse.
4) You do not lose your weapons after you die.
5) You can carry every weapon that you find, not only one from each class. You can cycle through them on your weapon wheel (i.e. switching from a revolver to a pistol).
6) It's better than GUN in every possible way.
7) There's no Hard difficulty per se. You just choose the degree of auto aim.

Thanks for posting but not convinced, wading is basically walking through water, I am sure if Marston can walk through low level water then you will be able to on a horse. Wading is the key word here.

lol @ # 3

Top Bottom