• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Dave1988

timkunedo said:
Is that a deal breaker to anyone? I know plenty of people that can't swim. Of course i didn't care that Altair couldn't swim either which apparently bothered a lot of folks.

No, but it's stupid as hell.

Sethos

Banned
Got a picture from one of my friends, decided to photolol him a bit ( His gaming name is Shreik, hence the name ).

rdr_wildlife004.png

Klocker

Gram Negative Cocci said:
Seriously, Deadwood probably has the most anti-climactic series ending EVER. .

That's because it was not series ending. it was cut off mid term.... HBO pulled the plug before it had a chance to come to fruition. Oh and I disagree 2 was well worth it and 3 was good as well. Best series EVER

DrBo42

Is that deadly assassin outfit really a gamestop exclusive? I want that shit just for the increased dead-eye/eyepatch. Fucking hell.

Lakitu

st5fu
I've silently been hyping myself up for this. I knew it would be good hearing news bits and stuff then seeing Life in the West stuff hyped me up even more and now seeing the streams. I have now decided I want this day 1, but, I have not got the extra money to pay for this, I'm in a bad financial situation which is why I have failed to pick up Heavy Rain, Conviction, Metro 2033, FFXIII, Dragon Age: Origins, Bayonetta etc. So I must somehow make the money for it from nothing, I must sell my body in whatever way possible.

Gram Negative Cocci said:
So you think Deadwood ended well? Or you liked that they basically took out the best character in the whole series for an entire season with a bladder infection? Or how they ramped up the Shakesperian dialogue to ridiculous proportions as the the show progressed?

Deadwood season 1 was incredible, but let's get real here. Seasons 2 was almost too boring to watch and season 3 had the possibility of being up there with season 1 until the last episode where everyone basically just walked away. They set up the whole season for an epic confrontation and NOTHING happened. It was the most ridiculous series ending ever (although Lost is seemingly quickly catching up on the title). And what was the point with the theater troupe? Just more nothing. Nothing on top of nothing.

Yes, there should have been a fourth season. You will have a hard time finding people agreeing with the rest you're saying. Also this is not the place to discuss this, so let's leave it at that.

CozMick

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Is that deadly assassin outfit really a gamestop exclusive? I want that shit just for the increased dead-eye/eyepatch. Fucking hell.

You also get it in the Limited Edition (UK), not sure about the US though.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
How long can the guy in this stream keep playing horseshoes? I want to see something cool dammit!

edit: He stopped as soon as I posted.:lol

Johningame

Neo Member
Majine said:
The freeroaming is only for 16 people?

So it's not like we're going to suddenly meet a whole other gang in the middle of nowhere? :(

I was a bit bummed about this at first because I had this fantasy expectation of a western MMO on consoles. Nevertheless two posses of 8 in the open world can still come up with some pretty crazy stuff.

Question: will there be NPCs in freeroam? Will my posse stumble upon NPC hideouts?

Johningame said:
I was a bit bummed about this at first because I had this fantasy expectation of a western MMO on consoles. Nevertheless two posses of 8 in the open world can still come up with some pretty crazy stuff.

Question: will there be NPCs in freeroam? Will my posse stumble upon NPC hideouts?

Yes.

Yes.

Jtones said:

That may have been the best thing I've ever seen.

1. Gets arrested
2. Doesn't have enough money to pay bail so he's forced to do a bounty hunting mission
3. Rides 5 minutes to bounty location
4. Kills criminal's crew, and tries to lasso the main guy, but he gets away
5. Epic 5 minute chase until he finally lassos him off his horse
6. While the guy is lassoed on the ground, a group of coyotes attack both Marston, and the criminal
7 After killing the animals, Marston then gets attack by a completely random posse of outlaws almost like if they were trying to free their criminal buddy
8. After killing them, Marston drops the lassoed bounty down a cliff, and he dies :lol

Net_Wrecker said:
That may have been the best thing I've ever seen.

1. Gets arrested
2. Doesn't have enough money to pay bail so he's forced to do a bounty hunting mission
3. Rides 5 minutes to bounty location
4. Kills criminal's crew, and tries to lasso the main guy, but he gets away
5. Epic 5 minute chase until he finally lassos him off his horse
6. While the guy is lassoed on the ground, a group of coyotes attack both Marston, and the criminal
7 After killing the animals, Marston then gets attack by a completely random posse of outlaws almost like if they were trying to free their criminal buddy
8. After killing them, Marston drops the lassoed bounty down a cliff, and he dies :lol

Yeah man I'm hooked on what happens next, this cliff is giving him all kinds of trouble. :lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
that douche has never heard of a little feature called "Dead Eye Target System".

Magnus

Alright, color me a complete convert. This game's ridiculous.

Grabbing a Wanted poster and hunting a sumbitch down across the entire wilderness, only to have his entire posse show up right after I hogtie him to the back of my horse and start racing away...man, that was thrilling, and all under a moonlit, starry sky. Crazy visuals, intense chase.

There's nothing quite like pulling out your revolver, and turning around to nail one dude off his mount, all while racing back toward town where a huge bounty's waiting for you.

Magnus said:
Alright, color me a complete convert. This game's ridiculous.

Grabbing a Wanted poster and hunting a sumbitch down across the entire wilderness, only to have his entire posse show up right after I hogtie him to the back of my horse and start racing away...man, that was thrilling, and all under a moonlit, starry sky. Crazy visuals, intense chase.

There's nothing quite like pulling out your revolver, and turning around to nail one dude off his mount, all while racing back toward town where a huge bounty's waiting for you.

What aiming type are you using?

Top Bottom