• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Magnus

Net_Wrecker said:
What aiming type are you using?

Normal, I guess. It auto-aims to a degree, but is a little random in how much it helps you. It's kind of perfect for me, since I'm not great at aiming with dual analog. :lol

I'm not looking forward to having to dump this for Galaxy 2 next week. Goddamn, this is great.

Magnus said:
Normal, I guess. It auto-aims to a degree, but is a little random in how much it helps you. It's kind of perfect for me, since I'm not great at aiming with dual analog. :lol

Alright cool, just wondering. I was dead set on using Expert with no auto aim, but damn, after seeing how you get attacked from all sorts of angles, I might stick to normal for singleplayer. Although he hasn't used Dead Eye, so he might actually be making the experience harder for himself.

Dresden

Oh, man. A perfect Saturday afternoon with nothing to do. And when the game does come out, I'll be working and getting ready for summer session. ;_;

Magnus

Net_Wrecker said:
Alright cool, just wondering. I was dead set on using Expert with no auto aim, but damn, after seeing how you get attacked from all sorts of angles, I might stick to normal for singleplayer. Although he hasn't used Dead Eye, so he might actually be making the experience harder for himself.

You know, I just realized I completely forgot Dead Eye exists. Game never shows it to you. I remember setting it off once by accident. :lol

Teknoman

Hmm after hearing the music, I dont think i'll be making a custom playlist :D Of course, do we know if the music pops up in multiplayer as well?

Pretty sweet that missions can happen day or night, just depends on when you get there. This ustream one I saw last night and it was dark, this guy's is happening in the daytime.

Greg

Haven't seen a single piece of media since the first trailer when they announced the game... completely forgot about this.

Klocker

zero margin said:
This ustream one has been going for a long time. Seems jtv streams last minutes at most.

I wish he'd stop doing the missions though and focus on free roaming... don;t want the spoilers. :D

Zeliard

zero margin said:
Pretty sweet that missions can happen or day at night, just depends on when you get there. This ustream one I saw last night and it was dark, this guy's is happening in the daytime.

'Twas the same with GTAIV.

DrBo42

soldat7 said:
Hey Magnus, what does "Kill Effect" mean in the display options?
Remember in the vids where it would do that weird bubble distortion effect when making a kill? I think that's what it is.

I keep coming here for worthwhile info and everytime there is nothing so I am leaving. You guys can froth over yourselves for the next couple but if you want to put up any pertinent info about the game feel free. Still waiting for the resolution tests and some decent images of the AA.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Net_Wrecker said:
That may have been the best thing I've ever seen.

1. Gets arrested
2. Doesn't have enough money to pay bail so he's forced to do a bounty hunting mission
3. Rides 5 minutes to bounty location
4. Kills criminal's crew, and tries to lasso the main guy, but he gets away
5. Epic 5 minute chase until he finally lassos him off his horse
6. While the guy is lassoed on the ground, a group of coyotes attack both Marston, and the criminal
7 After killing the animals, Marston then gets attack by a completely random posse of outlaws almost like if they were trying to free their criminal buddy
8. After killing them, Marston drops the lassoed bounty down a cliff, and he dies :lol

Okay i'll admit that sounds pretty fucking cool :lol I have been lurking this thread awhile now but that's probably one of the coolest things i have heard about of the game, wow :lol

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
zero margin said:
lol you really were the wrong person to get this first!
For my purpose, which is to see if the PS3 version runs adequately, it's great that Magnus got it first. He is self-proclaimed annoyed by framerate issues and he only mentioned one situation where the framerate noticeable dipped.

So for my selfish reasons, I love it that he got it instead of someone with no eye for framerate issues. (Some of those people are even in this thread, "GTA IV ran perfectly fine on PS3")

This post isn't to rile up the debate again which version is better, it's just a post to thank Magnus for his impressions and answers, especially those of a technical nature.

lagoonalight said:
I keep coming here for worthwhile info and everytime there is nothing so I am leaving. You guys can froth over yourselves for the next couple but if you want to put up any pertinent info about the game feel free. Still waiting for the resolution tests and some decent images of the AA.

:lol ok then.

bandresen said:
For my purpose, which is to see if the PS3 version runs adequately, it's great that Magnus got it first. He is self-proclaimed annoyed by framerate issues and he only mentioned one situation where the framerate noticeable dipped.

So for my selfish reasons, I love it that he got it instead of someone with no eye for framerate issues. (Some of those people are even in this thread, "GTA IV ran perfectly fine on PS3")

This post isn't to rile up the debate again which version is better, it's just a post to thank Magnus for his impressions and answers, especially those of a technical nature.

My comment was more tongue-in-cheek, if you didn't see a certain post of his you wouldn't have made the connection. Obviously the information is appreciated.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
lagoonalight said:

You play games for all the wrong reasons, don't you? :lol

Gravijah

lagoonalight said:

Man, I alt tabbed out of my WoW running at 1024 x 768 with no v-sync and all the settings at low for this?

kaskade

I can't believe how amazingly amazing this game is sounding right now. Especially from the impressions I'm hearing. I'm tempted to watch a stream but I kind of want to go into it fresh. I may be able to scrounge up enough cash for it this week though. Sorry Alan wake, you're going to have to wait.

Dresden

lagoonalight said:
:lol

As I understand it, Gamestop requires a minimum of 100 pre-orders to justify a midnight launch, but having just conversed with my local shop, I was told that there are other "corporate issues" keeping them from holding one. Anyone else from TO encountering this issue with another store? Not finding much information on Canadian Best Buy midnight releases, so perhaps this is a country-wide thang.

Sure, it's only a single night of waiting, but I'm watching Viva Django and feeling desperate.

Seanspeed

Banned
lagoonalight said:
The streams being posted are a constant source of new information.

Seanspeed

Banned
Gravijah said:
he asked for pertinent info, douchebag
I'd say that what constitutes being 'pertinent' would be different from person to person, but I'll just apologize to keep the peace. Just tryin to be helpful....

GameGamer

lagoonalight said:

Stay away from the Rock Band thread as well : P

Definity

I got lucky and scored this game earlier today for 360. Install or no? IIRC didn't GTAIV have performance issues when installed?

Top Bottom