• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xiskza

OK, straying off topic here, but a PlayStation fanboy that hides behind the Dreamcast brand is about the worst thing in fanboydom (from a self proclaimed SEGA fanboy especially).
He can be a fanboy of both. What's there to be a fanboy of Sega these days anyway? I loved Sega but Playstation is where I'm at these days.

Cope is just cringe with horrible takes

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
This reviews even worse than I expected. Good god, Xbox really doesn't have anything going for it. A shame though, I really like this studio. Deathloop wasn't on par with their previous releases, but this seems much, much worse.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
kOP8dUu.gif

I’m starting to be in this camp as well

Starfield is now central to MS first party in the near term and they can’t disappoint

It may need another year of delays anywhere from spring 2024 to fall 2024
They should just delay it until Elder Scrolls VI comes out. Make it a big Game Pass month.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

killatopak

Gold Member
I think I would rather this game be cross gen if this is what being next gen only meant.

I can’t see anything that shouldn’t be possible last gen.

Last edited:

demigod

It’s why I don’t even want a Banjo or Conker sequel from Microsoft. Can you fucking imagine waiting 20 plus years only to get some Crackdown 3 level piece of shit? My only hope for the future is that Microsoft DON’T try to release another Banjo game and instead sell their dormant IP to someone who actually gives a fuck. And if they won’t sell it, keep it in the cold hard ground please.
Try 30 years and you get Battletoads, fuckers.

I think I would rather this game be cross gen if this is what being next gen only meant.

I can’t see anything that shouldn’t be possible last gen.
Based on the graphics, I feel like this was intended to be cross-gen at some point. I wonder what happened to drop this to current gen 30fps. Maybe since they wanted it to be open-world with multiplayer instead of smaller hubs like Borderlands?
Try 30 years and you get Battletoads, fuckers.
Not sure if this is a controversial take, but the new Battletoads is an infinitely better game than any of the previous Battletoads games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Hestar69

This game always looked bland and borning from the start so not surprised it's a dud. MS really needs to get their shit together. I don't know what the meta/open scores are but if I had to guess I'd say 69-72 range.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Based on the graphics, I feel like this was intended to be cross-gen at some point. I wonder what happened to drop this to current gen 30fps. Maybe since they wanted it to be open-world with multiplayer instead of smaller hubs like Borderlands?

I would have said cross-play, but then it already has cross-play between PC and console so you'll already get a mismatch of 30 with 60/120/240 fps at launch.

Last edited:
What Microsoft really needed right now was a high quality exclusive game and this is the shit we get instead? After starfield, I'm selling my series x and will buy one in 5 years when it has an actually library of games worth playing. In the meantime, I'll just get a series s for emulation. Series X just isn't worth what I paid right now.

What Microsoft really needed right now was a high quality exclusive game and this is the shit we get instead? After starfield, I'm selling my series x and will buy one in 5 years when it has an actually library of games worth playing. In the meantime, I'll just get a series s for emulation. Series X just isn't worth what I paid right now.

Starfield is far from a slam dunk anyways, Fallout 4 was decent with a lot of issues and Fallout 76 was a mess. I feel like the Bethesda Softworks that had that run of Oblivion -> Fallout 3 -> Skyrim might be long gone. We'll see, though.

Acg's taste isn't universal. Karak sometimes hates popular games and loves games people hate. But also when there's smoke, there is likely fire as well. We shall see soon
While I also don't agree with some of his personal tastes or platforms, I feel like he is one of the few game reporters who goes in-depth and seems pretty fair and balanced.

I genuinely loved Death Loop but this looks very low quality. I don't know how you go from Dishonored and Prey to this; the type of game they're attempting here just doesn't seem to be part of their DNA, it's just such an odd choice. I was hoping I would be wrong and that this would turn out great....but the writing was on the walls for this one since the first reveal. They need to go back to their roots and make a quality deep sim ala Dishonored or Prey, it's what they do and what they're good at.
i think ms saw arkane (in the same way sony has sorta counted on insomniac) as a studio that's proven to be capable of getting something good out relatively quickly (which's somewhat true enough), & requested (pressured?) that they do so...

Starfield is far from a slam dunk anyways, Fallout 4 was decent with a lot of issues and Fallout 76 was a mess. I feel like the Bethesda Softworks that had that run of Oblivion -> Fallout 3 -> Skyrim might be long gone. We'll see, though.

I sure as shit hope not but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I'm not expecting it though. Wasn't fallout 76 a different team and not the main one? I expect starfield to be a return to form.

Last edited:

Stafford

Damn, MS really doing work to push Gamepass with quality games huh?

That really does not bode well for Starfield.

Really?

We're gonna just ignore FH5, MSFS, Psychonauts 2, HFR that all launched on the service too? Halo Infinite campaign I guess too since MP was basically free. Last year wasn't a very great year, but let's not act as if the service hasn't had quality games before. Your comment on Starfield makes zero sense.

Greggy

Poor Xbox. I really like them but they're becoming dangerous for gaming at this stage. Arkane is a gaming monument. They had nothing under their belt that wasn't vastly critically acclaimed. MS purchases them and next thing they release is called "the worst game of the year"? Hopefully ACG didn't understand the game or is just desperate for clicks.

5 years? By then, the next Xbox may be out. Just get that assuming it is BC.

Spyxos

Gold Member
The only positive thing I can say about this game is that Sea of Thieves was also empty at the beginning and you could do almost nothing. Maybe with a lot of time they can fill the game with content and Ai that can do stuff.

Voted 60-70%. In the meantime, I think I guessed too high.

Last edited:
They need to change the name of the game from Redfall to Redfail. Shame, really wanted to like this game, but that won't happen.

Last edited:

nbkicker

Well i wont be playing now tomoro, got this game free with buying my 4080, done the preload through steam and it been siting there, just went on pc to see if it would start yet, and lo and behold for some reason it started downloading the 70gb odd again, with my internet connection speed not downloading again if this turns out to be trash, so now to see how game pans out in reviews and see what bugs in game and fixes that come before thinking about downloading

Did I miss something? Why is everyone saying the game is shit when there aren't even any reviews yet?
You should start this thread from the beginning, Cogconnected gave it a 78, noisy pixel a 4/10, ACG said it's one of the worst games of 2023, a french review said its only good for a door stop, and apparently one of the biggest sites is going to give it a 5/10

Top Bottom