• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You should start this thread from the beginning, Cogconnected gave it a 78, noisy pixel a 4/10, ACG said it's one of the worst games of 2023, a french review said its only good for a door stop, and apparently one of the biggest sites is going to give it a 5/10
Ok but who the fuck is "Noisy Pixel". There haven't been any real in-depth reviews as far as I can tell, just some leaks by no-names that were then retracted.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The AI is so dumb its not funny

The game looks like an early access game from an Indie

Its clunky

And to top it off its having some stutters on my 4090 PC and the game just crashed and forced me to reboot my PC as it wouldn't do anything after the game closed

Not a good start for my tastes
This sounds all kinds of awful....what happened to Arkane Austin....why did Bethesda ok this game :(

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Animated GIF

What ship have they turned around?

Mattrick era Xbox was better than this. This is the worst Xbox has ever been imho
Oh hell naw! Mattrick era was terrible, they only cared about "tv! tv!" and effing kinect crap. I ditched Xbox One early on in the generation because they focused too much on bro shooters.

Ok but who the fuck is "Noisy Pixel". There haven't been any real in-depth reviews as far as I can tell, just some leaks by no-names that were then retracted.
The embargo isn't up til 11pm est so they had to take them down. cogconnected is still up. They don't care.
ACG does indepth reviews and is probably the biggest video game reviewer on youtube. Noisy Pixel also gave Forspoken a 4.5/10 so it's not a sony biased site.

nbkicker

The AI is so dumb its not funny

The game looks like an early access game from an Indie

Its clunky

And to top it off its having some stutters on my 4090 PC and the game just crashed and forced me to reboot my PC as it wouldn't do anything after the game closed

Not a good start for my tastes
So glad my computer decided to delete the pre-load, hidden ai must have known, looks like i wont be trying to download again unless a major update comes out, im starting to think did i make it out of covid alive since there has just been nothing in gaming for last two yrs which has blew me away

Last edited:

Bridges

I don't get how Deathloop scores 9s and 10s and then they go to this shit. What kind of inconsistency is that?
These are technically two different teams, right?
Deathloop came from the Dishonored team and Redfall from the Prey team, I think?

Even still, if it's as bad as everyone is saying then a noticeable dip either way

Edit: beaten

Last edited:

schaft0620

I don't get how Deathloop scores 9s and 10s and then they go to this shit. What kind of inconsistency is that?

I thought Deathloop was a half finished game that totally sucked ass. IGN gave their friend a high score. I honestly do not believe that the enemies in that game were supposed to look like unfinished placement-holder models.

I sure as shit hope not but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I'm not expecting it though. Wasn't fallout 76 a different team and not the main one? I expect starfield to be a return to form.

We've just had so many "prestige developers fall from grace" in the last decade or so that it's hard to be optimistic / excited about really anything these days. Rocksteady is another one that's about to take a hit (would've been this month too, but WB prolonged the suffering).

I'm not an Xbox guy at all, I do have a Series S that I'm keeping kicking around for Starfield primarily as well, so I do really hope it turns out. But if it's also shit then I'll probably sell it and be done with Xbox for good.

aries_71

They gambled and took a risk. Went from single player small scenarios immersive gameplay to an open world coop shooter. I guess the team was tired of doing the dishonored/prey formula time and time again and wanted a change. It was probably a good learning experience but not what was needed now.

They gambled and took a risk. Went from single player small scenarios immersive gameplay to an open world coop shooter. I guess the team was tired of doing the dishonored/prey formula time and time again and wanted a change. It was probably a good learning experience but not what was needed now.
Really sad, cause the universe and concept is cool as hell on paper. But it's poorly executed.

Fbh

I don't know who ACG is, link?

ACG is a youtuber who is generally well liked around here. He actually used to post on GAF but I don't know if he is still active.
He uploaded his review early by mistake and seems to have really disliked the game (both the design as well as it having a lot of technical issues).

He took the review down since it was breaking embargo, he will reupload it when the actual embargo lifts (I think later today?)

BlueLyria

Honestly though, Redfall never looked good but I can't blame Microsoft, I sincerely believe this game was already in development (Like pretty much everything Bethesda had when the sale closed, so MS can't take any credit or flak for those releases), but seriously, they should have reconsidered this game, the fuck was Bethesda/Zenimax thinking?

Dr. Claus

Banned
ACG is a youtuber who is generally well liked around here. He actually used to post on GAF but I don't know if he is still active.
He uploaded his review early by mistake and seems to have really disliked the game (both the design as well as it having a lot of technical issues).

He took the review down since it was breaking embargo, he will reupload it when the actual embargo lifts (I think later today?)

He still posts on occasion. I think he is just busy. Used to be in his discord, but after seeing one of the most retarded ass comments made by one of his mods, I dropped the patreon and left the discord. Still recommend his videos though.

Last edited:

Disco Dave

"I think that <<insert game>> was a break out hit for us and our players in all key measurements and expectations. We couldn’t be happier with what the team at <<insert dev>> delivered with this surprise release."

Dr_Ifto

It’s been bad since like 2010. As someone else mentioned, they lost their way without Bungie or Epic

At least early Xbox One era had killer instinct, Titanfall, and Ryse
Killer Instinct was loved by people too. Why isnt there a new one yet? They should put one out every 3 years like SF and MK

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Oh hell naw! Mattrick era was terrible, they only cared about "tv! tv!" and effing kinect crap. I ditched Xbox One early on in the generation because they focused too much on bro shooters.
kinect was ahead of it's time, with today power and software it might have worked pretty well, but a mistake to force bundle it

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I don't mind the overall art style but holy smokes those enemies look ugly as shit and just downright dumb.

Some of the dumbest AI I have ever played against though I am on a medium setting and maybe turning it up will make them smarter

Side note my crash might have been to them shutting the server down as now I am getting a message saying I am too early and the game just shuts down

Very minor complaint here as I hate when any game does this but killing AI carrying assault rifles should give you their gun but the gun hits the ground and vanishes and you get to pick up pistol ammo, at least early on

Dr. Claus

Banned
Ah yes, the game that scored 9s and 10s from "professional" videogame journalists, only to be absent from literally every GOTY list.

Deathloop is shit, and Redfall seems strike two for a stumbling Arkane.

Yep. We all know why "critics" and "journalists" highly rated Deathloop. Same reason why trash like Immortality was highly rated. Politics and ideologies. Not because of the quality of the actual game.

Braag

Deathloop was made by Arkane Lyon. This is made by Arkane Austin.
Arkane has less than 200 employees apparently. Which means this game was most likely made by around 100 or so people. I don't know how they were thinking of creating an open world game with the scope of Far Cry with 100 people.

Top Bottom