• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidGzz

The amount of pre-damage control of "it will deserve 60 but they will be paid to give it at least an 80" posts are sad. Looks like the reviews are accurate, you can take your tinfoil hats off now.

Anyway, this is sad af. Phil, maybe hire some goons to play the finished product to give their verdict and make sure it's good before releasing it, even the big Xbox fans at Kind of Funny games are saying it's a 2/5. Come on. Not even worth the download.

bender

What time is it?
Last one before bed.

arkaneart.jpg

Fatmanp

I used to be really excited for new games. Now I just don't care because of shit like this. Two absolute duds in four days.

hemo memo

Gold Member
You seriously want to compare fucking Destruction All Stars to a major Bethesda/Xbox-published first party flagship title that was used as an E3 megaton surprise in 2021 and is literally one of two major releases for the brand in the entire year?
You mean the game that Sony advertised as part of the FUTURE OF GAMING SHOW for PS5 launch? Yes dude. Both MS and Sony release big messes.

Last edited:

Varteras

Forza is different.
That thing is guaranteed hit for some reason.

I would say it will do well with the fans much the same way Gran Turismo does. Regardless of the states of those games. Mostly because platform specific racing sims have die-hard players. As far as what that state is? Forza Motorsport 5 did prove that Turn 10 can drop the ball compared to its expected quality. But I do agree that by and large, Forza games are high quality.

ebevan91

How did Deathloop run pretty much flawlessly and even look good on my PS5 yet Redfall runs like shit on the more powerful Xbox and high end PCs?

I know Redfall is a bigger game but still, games should get better not worse.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
How did Deathloop run pretty much flawlessly and even look good on my PS5 yet Redfall runs like shit on the more powerful Xbox and high end PCs?

Wasn't deathloop delayed multiple times? maybe I'm mistaken

feynoob

Banned
The last game from Arkane Austin was the quite successful Prey 2017 and this is the first Arkane game with a very confirmed influence from Microsoft's acquisition, but it's okay guys I'm sure this isn't Phil Spencer and his management team's fault.
If anything, Don Mattrick is the one to blame for this game and poor Phil is still just picking up the pieces.
That should have the case for this game,with same as prey.
Arkane got hurt badly by the co-op part, and most of core mechanics were doing before Xbox/Phil bought zenimax/Bethesda.

This is same mistake as fallout 76. Upper management from Bethesda/zenimax forcing their companies to make a shit product. Deathloop being forced by Bethesda is a sign of that.

kuncol02

Banned

Deathloop runs on modified IdTech, Redfall on UE. With every open world fail made in UE i feel more and more that there is something inheretly wrong with that engine (at least for open world games). Even Sony wasn't able to make Days Gone run well on launch (and they had help from Epic which rewrote for them parts of engine to better work in open world games).

ckaneo

Alright, can we finally admit Arkane has good ideas but they are meh developers.

Throw this one in the bin of live service influence trash that should have never been greenlit but executives saw money signs

Lions Gate

The PS5 on the table. The bored look on the player's face. Much of the video could be mistaken for a troll attempt by PS marketing team. Is this real life?

I love inXile, and I can't wait to see what they've got coming up. Damn they stepped in it with this. I know it was intended to support Redfall and Arkane, but they missed, bigtime.

Back to inXile, Wasteland 2 and 3 are fantastic. Hope they kill with their next release.

Ogbert

Gold Member
He’s paid. Let’s call it what it is. There’s no amount of bias that reasonable explains those scores, even if you don’t like Sony’s games.
Of course.

And you can add Jedi Survivor to that list. Game runs like ass but has been showered *by almost everyone* in praise.

Video game journalism is a joke. And I don’t mean that in a tinfoil hat kind of way. It’s objectively stupid. All we need to know is how the game runs. Everything else is taste.

Dr.brain64

Ultimately, Redfall is a game that should not have been released yet. Its litany of bugs hampers the gameplay loop of exploring its world with friends, and that loop itself feels compromised by elements that are poorly executed and ill-suited to the team implementing them. I can't pretend to know whether Arkane chose to make a loot-shooter or was assigned to make a loot-shooter, but I can tell you what it feels like: one of the best game studios in the world suddenly made toothless.

Redfall is Arkane making compromises to its own design philosophies to serve a genre it may have been better off avoiding.

Gamespot

Last edited:
Top Bottom