• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think M is being trolled more than they should for the redfall thing.

I love arkane studios, but it's 90% their fault if the game sucks, they interviewed the headchief and he said that redfall is the arkane game that was more similar to the initial idea of the game, so the project was utterly fucked well before the M deal was a thing.
🤦.
did you read that Phil quote?

but at the end of the day......it doesn't matter.... the fact of the matter is that this negative narrative around Xbox is a thing....and is stronger than ever.

who ows the brand, who owns the platform, who has the biggest incentive to make it great?
EQQL6Zv.png

And how MS/Xbox could destroy this negativity around xbox?.

Releasing Quality Games CONSISTENTLY...the next one is Starfield. That is all.

Last edited:

Elog

The real underlying problem at play is that everything that MS touches becomes worse than it was. Their power and profits comes from the OS and Office monopolies that they leverage for maximum effect.

In-house value creation in terms of creativity and output is really really poor. They have a company culture problem - that is hard to turn-around within a reasonable time-frame.

Macaron

Banned
Oh cool another video of him pretending to be mad and hamming it up for the camera. Game looks like shit and should be made fun of, but fuck this guy and this whole section of YouTube ragebait.
Ragebait? The game sucks. Hes passionate about these sort of things. If its not for you cool, but what a silly post when behind the loudness is pretty much always a thoughtful critique with sometimes clever skits attached.

That SkillUp review.....what can you say.If Microsoft think I'm going to spend money in their gaming ecosysytem if that's what they consider acceptable as a full price game then I'm afaid they are sadly mistaken.If they simply don't fucking care.....why should I.Fuck Off!
I'm assuming your name is a reference to the band.

"Blues for the red sun fall"

My sympathies brother.

GooseMan69

Ragebait? The game sucks. Hes passionate about these sort of things. If its not for you cool, but what a silly post when behind the loudness is pretty much always a thoughtful critique with sometimes clever skits attached.

He’s passionate about making money lol. Yelling at the camera and acting like a literal child is his shtick, and it gets tons of views, so of course he keeps doing it. He’s a cartoon character. A dancing monkey.

Redfall looks like trash and I never had any interest in it. So no I’m not mad he’s criticizing it. I just think he’s a clown.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Skillup ends his review with "I'm very very worried about what we can expect from Starfield, and I think everybody else should be as well"

OOF

And he's absolutely right to say that.

If Microsoft are happy to release the garbage fire that is Redfall, then you have to worry about their quality control for Starfield, or any other release they have planned.

The problems with this game are incredibly clear, obvious and easy to spot. I can only think that Microsoft just didn't fucking care about it being released in this state. In which case, they're fucked, and they deserve to be.

scydrex

He’s passionate about making money lol. Yelling at the camera and acting like a literal child is his shtick, and it gets tons of views, so of course he keeps doing it. He’s a cartoon character. A dancing monkey.

Redfall looks like trash and I never had any interest in it. So no I’m not mad he’s criticizing it. I just think he’s a clown.
I understand your point but he makes me laugh and he do it with games that are shit. If it's not for you is alright.

Last edited:

Macaron

Banned

He wants to make money from his game reviews. And you're turning that into a negative? God forbid someone finds their niche.

You sound like a hater for no reason. Its weird. If its not for you just move along.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Holy shit, you're actually trying to argue that PlayStation fansites are better than Xbox fansites. I mean, yikes. Had I not seen the Star Wars threads here where warriors are bitching about who has the least shitty version of a game, I would say what you did is the cutest warrior act ever. Cool, you cherry picked a few fansites who slightly under scored some DLC and Ragnorok. I mean I can quickly find the opposite.

Your same PlayStation Universe rated the PS5 version of Ghosts a 95, well above the critic average.
Your same PlayStation Lifestyle rated GT7 a 100, a fucking 100. Also Returnal a 100, lol. Also Miles Morales a 100. Death Stranding? You get a 100!
Your same PushSquare has loads of 100's for Sony games in their history. Death Stranding? 100. Demon's Souls PS5? 100. Tokyo Jungle got a fucking 90 lol.

And of course this is ignoring the numerous other PlayStation fansites on MC that aren't these three you listed. Also, I don't think you understand how MC works. Not all sites are equal. For example, these 8.5's and 9's you're upset about. Well, actually, I don't see a single Xbox fansite on MC that is listed with a 9 for Redfall, let alone multiple since you said "9's". Can you point these out? Your "8.5's" is actually just one, Xbox Era. I see three in the 7's and three in the 6's. Looks like you're upset about a whole bunch of nothing.

So like I said, these websites exist for all platforms and affect the scores of all games. I can't believe you actually went and tried to frame up PlayStation sites as any different and even made cute little screen grabs. What do you want to try to war about next, which platform on MC has the most biased user reviews? Please think that over and in the meantime feel free to link these reviews on MC from fansites giving Redfall multiple 9's, surely you didn't just pull that out of your ass to try and make a point.
1) Breathe.
2) Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, etc. are all fantastic games that have won many GOTY awards. You're complaining about why a website gave those GOTY games a 10/10? What else were they supposed to give them?

Show me when these websites gave bad Sony games (like Redfall) 9s or 10s.

P.S. By the way, that was just my observation. I'm not dying on that hill. If a PlayStation website inflates Sony games' reviews, fuck them too. I just haven't seen many PlayStation-centric websites consistently doing it like that, like Stevivor and Xbox Era do for Xbox.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

If it looked at least as good as dishonored 2, It would have gotten a pass (the graphics mind you). But no it had too look like it came out in 2011.
Imagine an open world of this size with single player immersive sim gameplay and dishonored visuals.

Nydius

Xbox can't get better with shills I'm tired of people like him making excuses but this was a rare come to Jesus moment hopefully he don't backslide lol
Meh, it’s a temporary rough patch. They‘ll send him a new Elite controller and a 2TB Seagate Expansion drive or something and he’ll get back on board the shilltrain.

Ghostwire Tokyo and yes I'm being serious. The game looks gorgeous, has 60+ hours content
Yeah, gonna stop reading there. I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but Ghostwire was just as bland as Redfall, only with fog and reflection trickery to mask it. Tokyo was a sea of bland gray and dark gray buildings. Models and textures were lackluster. The kanji rain was a nice touch. As for the content, a lot of that content was the worst form of open world collectathon padding, from the hundreds of thousands of souls to the Torii gates, the relics, audio logs, tanuki, Jizo statues, magatama… the actual meat of the game, main and side missions, barely accounted for 20 total hours of playtime.

There really wasn’t anything special about the game that made it need next gen only. It could have easily run on a PS4 Pro or XOneX had they wanted it to.

GymWolf

Gold Member
🤦.
did you read that Phil quote?

but at the end of the day......it doesn't matter.... the fact of the matter is that this negative narrative around Xbox is a thing....and is stronger than ever.

who ows the brand, who owns the platform, who has the biggest incentive to make it great?
EQQL6Zv.png

And how MS/Xbox could destroy this negativity around xbox?.

Releasing Quality Games CONSISTENTLY...the next one is Starfield. That is all.

Sure M should have better beta testing and they should care more about the final quality of their titles, this is why i said that 90% of the fault is on arkane and not 100%.

But the project was rotten since the beginning, let's be honest here.

GHG

Gold Member
1) Breathe.
2) Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, etc. are all fantastic games that have won many GOTY awards. You're complaining about why a website gave those GOTY games a 10/10? What else were they supposed to give them?

P.S. By the way, that was just my observation. I'm not dying on that hill. If a PlayStation website inflates Sony games' reviews, fuck them too. I just haven't seen many PlayStation-centric websites consistently doing it like that, like Stevivor and Xbox Era do for Xbox.

The main difference that if a playstaion fansite reviews an Xbox exclusive (which isn't always the case by the way) they don't go out of their way to shit on it and be the outlier.

But remember, this is the playbook that everyone is clearly having to deal with when it comes to these Xbox/Microsoft fan sites.

Ogbert

Gold Member
1) Breathe.

Returnal is a 7/8. Good game. Terrible roguelike. Tsushima is a 9. Great game. Death Stranding is a 5.

Redfall is a 2.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The main difference that if a playstaion fansite reviews an Xbox exclusive (which isn't always the case by the way) they don't go out of their way to shit on it and be the outlier.

But remember, this is the playbook that everyone is clearly having to deal with when it comes to these Xbox/Microsoft fan sites.
Exactly. As I pointed out earlier, the highest review for Redfall PC is from DualShockers.

Nzt5L63.jpg

They could easily give it a 4/10, and nobody would bat an eye as multiple other outlets (including Gamespot) also gave it a 4. But they gave it a freakin' 8.5

1) Breathe.

Like I said, a long winded way of you just saying:

Friday Movie GIF

Also I gave you an example of a bad Sony game getting a 9 from one of those websites 👍

Not going to waste more time feeding the warrior, I stand by what I said. All platforms have these fan sites that rate exclusives higher consistently. Feel free to warrior it up and claim your toy has the best fan sites, you do you.

Astray

It's bullshit. If they can tell them to cancel the PS5 version then why can't they tell them to fix their game before releasing it? So you're trying to tell me they have no internal approval process that decides whether or not a game is ready to ship? Anyone can literally just tell them something is gold and then it comes to market and there's no process surrounding that?

These cuck shills need to wake up and face the music.
They're throwing Bethesda's leadership to the wolves lmao.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Game looked mediocre from the start.

Thought maybe it looked OK in the last couple of previews, and honestly a lot of people are at least having some fun w/ the game.

I might check it out on Gamepass, but didn't have high expectations anyways.

Which is the real problem for MS; they have so few games that anyone has real high expectations of in the first place.

Starfield being the exception; lots of really high hopes for that game of course.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's bullshit. If they can tell them to cancel the PS5 version then why can't they tell them to fix their game before releasing it? So you're trying to tell me they have no internal approval process that decides whether or not a game is ready to ship? Anyone can literally just tell them something is gold and then it comes to market and there's no process surrounding that?

These cuck shills need to wake up and face the music.
It's sort of been the writing on the wall from the start of the buying spree.

It's like the inverse of what they were accused of before; which was over-management.

Their response is to under-manage.

Their approval process for Bethesda games is.. well, Bethesda.. they are a game publisher still.

Topher

Gold Member
Jez knew that giving Redfall a 9/10 would be too overt so instead, and is if on queue, a damage control piece.

Pitiful.

"However, I have been told by multiple sources that Xbox was entirely hands-off with the project, and that the game doesn't fall under Xbox Game Studios' director Matt Booty's responsibilities — because rightly or wrongly, right now, Arkane is not an Xbox Game Studio by internal definition. "

Xbox.....

mr narrins GIF

Ogbert

Gold Member
Do you really score ubisoft formula samurai over returnal?

But yeah, it was a shit roguelike.
Yeah, fair point. I just really liked the aesthetic of Tsushima. Did turn in to an open world shopping list though.

I have a love/hate relationship with Returnal. I love about 68% of it. Absolutely hate the remaining 32%. Housemarque are one of my favourites though.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
"However, I have been told by multiple sources that Xbox was entirely hands-off with the project, and that the game doesn't fall under Xbox Game Studios' director Matt Booty's responsibilities — because rightly or wrongly, right now, Arkane is not an Xbox Game Studio by internal definition. "

This is so colossally fucking stupid I don't know where to start. The developer owned outright by Microsoft for three years has nothing to do with Xbox.

...and if Redfall had been a 95% critical darling, I guess no one would be claiming it was Xbox's triumph, would they?

Get the fuck outta here :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Jez knew that giving Redfall a 9/10 would be too overt so instead, and is if on queue, a damage control piece.

TLDR: Microsoft own Bethesda but only slightly so the Redfall debacle isn't really XBOX's fault... kinda... If you think about it somehow.

Pitiful.

• Involved when it comes to canceling the PS5 version.
  • Not involved when it comes to improving the game.

Top Bottom