• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GHG

Gold Member
Am I missing something here, Microsoft are the publisher and own the studio. So who’s decision is it to release the game?

It's bullshit. If they can tell them to cancel the PS5 version then why can't they tell them to fix their game before releasing it? So you're trying to tell me they have no internal approval process that decides whether or not a game is ready to ship? Anyone can literally just tell them something is gold and then it comes to market and there's no process surrounding that?

These cuck shills need to wake up and face the music.

Last edited:

geary

Am I missing something here, Microsoft are the publisher and own the studio. So who’s decision is it to release the game?
Bethesda is the publisher, but still....don't know what the fuck happened at Arkane, but something really bad must happen to develop a game 5 years and release it in this state...

Gudji

Me to Jez:

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Phase

WTF...is this for real? do you have a link....
If that's true, they are so far away from the reality...
That's how a large chunk of people live nowadays. No criticism allowed, even for mediocre work. They can't take it.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Are we sure that Redfall is a AAA game? I've played it for 2-3 hours now and it seems like the budget was very limited. I almost thought it was an indie game at times.

The whole thing seems like a side project or something that should almost never come out.

Would be so kind to summarise dude? I don’t want to watch his videos. Thank you.
He was honest about Series X first party output over this generation being lackluster and was actually honest about the Series X hardware being outperformed by PS 5 this generation an admission I found surprising coming from a shill like him. He called out Microsoft always showing PC footage gameplay and not showing Series X. Having no games with RT from first party unlike Sony etc. He said a lot of stuff that surprised me I didn't agree with everything but at least he seemed to be honest about his frustration because a lot of his points I feel the same way. Xbox can't get better with shills I'm tired of people like him making excuses but this was a rare come to Jesus moment hopefully he don't backslide lol

Flabagast

Are we sure that Redfall is a AAA game? I've played it for 2-3 hours now and it seems like the budget was very limited. I almost thought it was an indie game at times.

The whole thing seems like a side project or something that should almost never come out.
No it's more in the middle between AA & AAA game. Same as Deathloop really, which was way smaller in scope that previous Arkane outings (but was pretty smart in sort of hiding it).

Bethesda must have force Arkane to work with lower budgets than their previous games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nope.. is a very simple question and you refuse to answer because you are a sad little shil warrior that cant admit you are wrong .. so you have to deflate, straw and change the goal post ... must be sad to be you

laugh jordan GIF

You asked me a pure hypothetical question about what if game pass wasn't a thing and then say I was wrong.

Relax warrior, you already got plenty material here without needing to create artificial scenarios in your head.

Last edited:

geary

My 2 cents is this is the hand of Zenimax. They were in a dire situation financially and first they rushed their first live service, in Fallout 76 hoping they will get a piece of the live service pie. Probably, around the same time, asked Arkane to make a live service as well and Redfall was planned, but took way to much time and due to their finances, MS stepped in and bought Zenimax. Now Redfall is in development and MS do not want a live service game and the asked Arkane to make a 180 degree turn and make it a single player (thus the microtransaction store removed, always online to be removed etc), but this pushed back a lot the development and that's why Redfall was delayed last year, hoping that the live service backbone was removed. Due to the lack of 1st party games, MS could not wait another few years to make Redfall a good single player experience and decided to have it released in this bad state, so that can move Arkane to another project where they shine, immersive sim. I think this was a calculate decision by MS and they took the fall for it, just they could move on.

He was honest about Series X first party output over this generation being lackluster and was actually honest about the Series X hardware being outperformed by PS 5 this generation an admission I found surprising coming from a shill like him. He called out Microsoft always showing PC footage gameplay and not showing Series X. Having no games with RT from first party unlike Sony etc. He said a lot of stuff that surprised me I didn't agree with everything but at least he seemed to be honest about his frustration because a lot of his points I feel the same way. Xbox can't get better with shills I'm tired of people like him making excuses but this was a rare come to Jesus moment hopefully he don't backslide lol

Yeah as a Xbox fan I’m tired of the likes of him and Corden. Their minions too labelling everyone Sony fanboys for being critical.

Appreciate the summary mate. Thank you. 👍

Jerm411

It's bullshit. If they can tell them to cancel the PS5 version then why can't they tell them to fix their game before releasing it? So you're trying to tell me they have no internal approval process that decides whether or not a game is ready to ship? Anyone can literally just tell them something is gold and then it comes to market and there's no process surrounding that?

These cuck shills need to wake up and face the music.
Jez taking all the bullets for Papa Phil lol…

GymWolf

Gold Member
Skillup ends his review with "I'm very very worried about what we can expect from Starfield, and I think everybody else should be as well"

OOF
Yeah because bethesda and arkane are the same devs.

What a moron.

This is like saying, oh no days gone was ok at best, i'm worried for the next gow...

What a moron.

This is like saying, oh no days gone was ok at best, i'm worried for the next gow...
both got delayed in the same PR statement. Bethesda is know for buggy and poor performance.

and is not only him.

even Xbox shills are worried. that's how bad MS/Xbox/Bethesda-Zenimax's reputations are.

XXL

What a moron.

It's not for that reason.

Multiple people, multiple places are saying Starfield is in bad shape and wont be ready for launch. This was before and after Redfall launched.

It could be bullshit, but there is a ton of smoke.

GymWolf

Gold Member
both got delayed in the same PR statement. Bethesda is know for buggy and poor performance.

and is not only him.

even Xbox shills are worried. that's how bad MS/Xbox/Bethesda-Zenimax's reputations are.
Yes, exactly, bethesda is famous for games with shitty gameplay and poor optimization, well before the M acquisition, not sure why people are worried NOW when redfall and arkane have nothing to with the people who make starfield, you should be scared of anything coming out from bethesda no matter if redfall exist or M pay the bills.

The shills are just speaking because redfall was worse than they thought and they are trying to do damage control by faking to be on the part of the gamers and not their overlords, it is all performative bullshit.

Last edited:
Are the issues on PC only? Are the haters Sony fans? I just don't see why everyone is piling on.
It runs significantly better on PC. The issue there is it's still just a bad game.

But, no, the haters aren't just Sony fans. It's the opposite. There are just a few people pretending Redfall is a decent game and they are exactly the people you'd expect. People who weren't going to admit the game was bad, no matter what, in fear that might harm Xbox.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's not for that reason.

Multiple people, multiple places are saying Starfield is in bad shape and wont be ready for launch. This was before and after Redfall launched.

It could be bullshit, but there is a ton of smoke.
Let me ask you this, what was the last time that people were not scared that a bethesda game would come out in a bad shape?

People is acting like M and redfall being shit are the reason why a bethesda game is gonna come out hotter than the sun optimization wise?

Reactions: XXL
Yeas, exactly, bethesda is famous for games with shitty gameplay and poor optimization, well before the M acquisition, not sure why peopld are worried NOW when redfall and arkane have nothing to with the people who make starfield.

The shills are just speaking because redfall was worse than they thought and they are trying to do damage control by faking to be on the part of the gamers and not their overlords, it is all performative bullshit.
everything is performative in the PR world.
as i said before:

content(Executives + Influencers + minions) = narrative.

this narrative is all because MS incompetence. Bethesda is just a victim of it.

Zadom

Disappointed in how this game seems to have turned out. I enjoy open world games where you can use stealth. I also think I would like the setting. I thought I might re up on game pass which I tried for a few months earlier this year, to try it.

I am sad for Arkane, I loved Arx Fatalis years ago. If they can fix the issues I will probably give it a go, but heck, I still haven’t given Cyberpunk a chance yet.

Last edited:

XXL

Let me ask you this, what was the last time that people were not scared that a bethesda game would come out in a bad shape?

People is acting like M and redfall being shit are the reason why a bethesda game is gonna come out hotter than the sun optimization wise?
Lol. I completely agree. I'm just stating what is being said.

Has there even been a 'next-gen' only game released for PS or XBox worth $70?

God of War (cross-gen)
Horizon:FW (cross-gen)
RE4 Remake (remake)
Halo Infinite (unfinished)
Horizon 5 (cross-gen)
Redfall (unfinished)

I can't think of any 'next-gen' only AAA game worth it's $70 price yet.
Ghostwire Tokyo and yes I'm being serious. The game looks gorgeous, has 60+ hours content in the base game and has consistently received updates, even a whole new roguelke mode.

Topher

Gold Member
I find it hard to believe MS is buying publishers and has little to no input in game delays from those same publishers.

People have said that Microsoft gives their studios complete freedom. Think this is proving that too much freedom is probably not always a good thing.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
everything is performative in the PR world.
as i said before:

content(Executives + Influencers + minions) = narrative.

this narrative is all because MS incompetence. Bethesda is just a victim of it.
I think M is being trolled more than they should for the redfall thing.

I love arkane studios, but it's 90% their fault if the game sucks, they interviewed the headchief and he said that redfall is the arkane game that was more similar to the initial idea of the game, so the project was utterly fucked well before the M deal was a thing.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Would be so kind to summarise dude? I don’t want to watch his videos. Thank you.

My summary is this

1. PS5 is getting better technical quality - stop that.
2. Xbox needs to talk more (!) about future games like Avowed and Everwild (ROFL)
3. Drop the ABK deal
4. Money hat big games! Like.... Warhammer and some game I never heard of. Right...
5. Do marketing

Basically it's just tone deaf console warring crap. The days where Xbox was a console brand are long gone, but for some reason their biggest fans can't see that.

Get a PC, play the games better or best there. Xbox consoles haven't been the focus of the Xbox division for years now.

Number 4 is ridiculous. He suggested moneyhatting games that wouldn't move the needle and ignores the actual problem - Xbox cannot afford moneyhats. It's why they're trying to get daddy MS to buy publishers.

Top Bottom