• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mephisto40

What am I missing here? Played 2 hours last night on XSX and thought it was good. Seemed to be decent frame rate, looked good, and was pretty fun. Didn't run into any glitches. Are the issues on PC only? Are the haters Sony fans? I just don't see why everyone is piling on. Maybe the crap is later....but I didn't see any big issues. I was having fun but then had to go to bed.
I'm wondering how your account is still active looking at your post history

And to highlight the framerate as a positive... I mean c'mon?!?

Moses85

‘Good enough for Gamepass’.

Brutal.

In The Nuts Pain GIF
Sc Freiburg Scf GIF by Bundesliga

Wow, this game sucks hard

This game had really suspect previews it always seemed to me that the words didn't match what I was actually seeing because it always looked boring and lifeless, selfishly I wish it was better but oh well. On a side note, can the industry please STOP inviting journalists to your preview events it seems to only serve the purpose of pumping up pre-orders because all we get is puff pieces from 99% of outlets when reporting on 1st party games

GHG

Gold Member

And this is why they refused to give him a review code.

AAA gaming in 2023, Just...wow.
And people were shitting on Forspoken (which from my understanding has pretty much the same score on MC with Redfall).

Let's call a spade a spade, shall we ? That 60+ MC score is inflated, this is a 3 out of 10 game through and through with absolutely no redeeming factors/characteristics/values - bad graphics, terrible AI, mediocre/bad gameplay and questionable art direction, this, for all intents and purposes, is still in Alpha state, it's...bad at everything and unfinished.

...and people were shitting on games like Death stranding back in the day; it really boggles the mind and goes to show that it's really all about that persecution complex and not about the "haters" or "PS fans being mean" or even "GAF being GAF", you CAN'T defend this shit no matter how you try to spin it, it's that bad.

I don't care about Xbox anymore but I don't wish them to go under and I also don't know (nor care) who's fault is it that this game got released in this state, what I do care though is people actually defending this abhorrent piece of media just cause it's on their "plastic box of choice®" and the market's "best deal in gaming®" subscription service.
This is a friggin' disgrace and a sad excuse for software.

It's a curious one for me because we've witnessed so many of the people who are saying "I'm having fun!" and "it's not that bad" regarding this game previously roaming the forum with nonsense takes about "muh gameplay" and how "gameplay ass games" and words to that effect are what they value most while panning games with high production values because allegedly those games aren't good from a "gameplay" perspective (which is bullshit, because they are). Meanwhile, this is the "gameplay" they are championing:

Make it make sense.

Last edited:

Astray

adamsapple adamsapple why are you trying so hard to make this game not Microsoft's fault? It's honestly a fait accompli

They could have literally just cancelled this game quietly and that would have been that. Tons of games get cancelled at various stages when they aren't going well. Instead they gave it more time more budget and special positioning in presentations, and the result is a legit worst 1P of all time.

And people tried to convince us that Microsoft would "fix ActiBlizz"..

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
63 is way too high. Use the full fucking scale. This should be at around 30.

WOW at the SkillUp review. The portion where he shows how barren and empty the world is. shockingly bad.

Entire missions with just 1 enemy.

Buggy, glitchy and unpolished.

Only 3 enemy types.

Fetch quest side missions.

Endless "find a key" puzzles straight out of 2006.

A.I is the dubmest I've seen in a AAA game.

Looks like a fucking late gen 360 game.

Microsoft saw this and said, "looks great. release it."

Should have been delayed into oblivion, or straight up cancelled.

Last edited:

SOME-MIST

I love the reviewer complaints about having trouble finding items but they also clearly have object highlighting enabled in the footage they're using

Bernardougf

That's a whole lot of words saying absolutely nothing. Let me try and decipher and address.

1. The game was in development long before Zenimax got acquired. It's initial pitch and development did not start with a game-pass-first mantra in mind.
2. Constantly blaming a service that has nothing to do with it is the actual strawman, not demanding an answer to a purposefully obtuse open-ended question that no one can realistically answer.
3. What other companies do is relevant here because you keep implying that this is the only recent $70 game that has launched in a poor state, regardless of whether it is or isn't on any sub service. We all know that's not the case.

So, in short, if game pass was not a thing at all, none of us can say what would have happened. Maybe MS wouldn't have acquired Zenimax in the first place thus rendering this entire exercise of yours moot.

But in the here and now, the game is out, it's in a poor state, we can all get over that.
Nope.. is a very simple question and you refuse to answer because you are a sad little shil warrior that cant admit you are wrong .. so you have to deflate, straw and change the goal post ... must be sad to be you

63 is way too high. Use the full fucking scale. This should be at around 30.

WOW at the SkillUp review. The portion where he shows how barren and empty the world is. shockingly bad.

Entire missions with just 1 enemy.

Buggy, glitchy and unpolished.

Fetch quest side missions.

Endless "find a key" puzzles straight out of 2006.

A.I is the dubmest I've seen in a AAA game.

Looks like a fucking late gen 360 game.

Microsoft saw this and said, "looks great. release it."

Should have been delayed into oblivion, or straight up cancelled.
I've never understood the barren and empty world criticism, especially in a post-apocalyptic game. The opposite problem, where you have to fight your way through hordes of enemies to progress an inch, is a way bigger problem for me. Sometimes I just want to move from point A to point B without having to go through D-Day every single time.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I've never understood the barren and empty world criticism, especially in a post-apocalyptic game. The opposite problem, where you have to fight your way through hordes of enemies to progress an inch, is a way bigger problem for me. Sometimes I just want to move from point A to point B without having to go through D-Day every single time.
I hear that. Might make sense in a wolrd like this. But the art design and graphics dont do it any favors. If you're not going to have anything to fight or interact with for entire missions, then you HAVE to look good, and the atmosphere has to be undeniable.

GHG

Gold Member
Colt Eastwood finally realising how fucking stupid it is for a console's success to have every game come out at the same time on PC is one for the ages.

Congrats, dickwad. The blindingly obvious has finally become known to you.

Their best game they've released this generation was built for PC first and then later ported down to consoles. Although I'm still salty about some of the "optimisations" they made to the PC version in prep for the console version.

Only the streets remember how good pre-console release flight sim looked on PC.

Extremely low standards. Should be at most a 35 after seeing that SkillUp review

Just subtract 10-15 points from all the day one gamepass full priced releases and you have more accurate scores when everything is taken into consideration.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
i played 45 minutes of this game and thought it felt like a uni student group of game designers 6 month project or something. Its an embarrassment and should have been cancelled.

If I was Microsoft, heads would be rolling for even trying to put this game forward. Maybe, it was their..."ok, bethesda..You green lit this...let's see how it goes...and if its shit we are taking control" Becauase if it isn't.....

FUCKED

Last edited:
Top Bottom