• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Sorry if it read like that. Obviously didn't mean it like that. But you can definitely tell other people the game isn't scary. You can also tell them that it is scary. Both of these imply that it is your opinion rather than an objective fact.
Of course :) Now the real question is:
"Is it worth the ticket price?"

AEREC

So fighting the first boss in madhouse mode and got a new scene.
They sever my leg with the scissor saw. The tool jammed for them and you have to get your leg back.
If you dont reattach it with fist aid you bleed out, Wicked.

This happened to me on a regular mold enemy one time in normal mode. Don't think it's exclusive to madhouse.

DirtyLarry

If memory serves correctly
the key was in the room where you start the VHS tape with Mia and Alan.

Close!
Same floor as that room (2F), opposite end of the hallway. It's on a desk in there.
Damn, not sure how I missed it but I did.

Oh well, did not matter, just beat the game. Took me about twice as long as people have been reporting their playthroughs, but I also was only able to play in short bursts, sometimes as small as 15-30 minutes. I really miss the good old days of being able to play a game for hours upon hours, but alas, life has different plans. But it really does matter with a game like this. One very much gets in a groove, and the longest groove I was able to get in was a 2 hour session.

Really, really dug the game overall. I now realize I was a bit to conservative with everything, I would backtrack to the bin way too much to save an item here, an item there, but at the end of the day I still very much enjoyed it. I may also do something I have not done in close to 10 years if not longer, replay it again very soon.

Based on the feedback with the DLC think I will skip it. Just a really, really damn good game. My hats off to the team that created it. They should be damn proud.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is the achievement for ducking under Jack's chainsaw busted or something? Swear I've done it like five times for that scissor attack.

edit: He's clipped me right at the end of the attack a bunch of times too, even if I duck. This is pretty annoying.

edit 2: whoops I totally did get it. Just didn't pop up for some reason

Daffy Duck

Is the achievement for ducking under Jack's chainsaw busted or something? Swear I've done it like five times for that scissor attack.

edit: He's clipped me right at the end of the attack a bunch of times too, even if I duck. This is pretty annoying.

I managed to fluke that trophy on the first try without even knowing about it, I hit duck accidentally.

I'm so confused.... Spoilers for I'm guessing 3/4 of the way in or so....
Ethan just had what I assume was a flashback with a cured Jack explaining some things about Evelyn. When would this have taken place? It seemed to be at the farmhouse but, from what I can tell, all of the time in the game is accounted for from when he cures Jack, escapes in the boat, and then gets knocked out when he gets near the ship.

Did I miss something or will this be explained later?

Pinky

Banned
Finished the game last night and plan on tackling some of the unlockable content. Game is awesome! Capcom did an excellent job transitioning RE into first-person. The game feels like RE from beginning to end, so kudos to them. I'd rank their successful execution right up there with Retro and what they accomplished transitioning Metroid into first-person. Well done!

And, yeah...
I KNEW there was something more to that creepy old lady in the wheelchair, but I didn't expect THAT! :O

Dominator

This game is fucking me UP.

I've only played 2 hours but this shit is intense. I hope I can get through it all lol

Was only able to play a half hour in VR, it was too much. I don't want to have a heart attack.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Ethan just had what I assume was a flashback with a cured Jack explaining some things about Evelyn. When would this have taken place? It seemed to be at the farmhouse but, from what I can tell, all of the time in the game is accounted for from when he cures Jack, escapes in the boat, and then gets knocked out when he gets near the ship.

It'll get explained in some files later.

It takes place in the room where you get a dog head from the clock, which is right next to the dinner scene room.

One theory is that it is a flashback to a conversation before the dinner scene and that Jack momentarily got free from Eveline.

I have no clue myself. Hopefully whatever happened there is explained.

Kid Ska

So for the Resource Manager achievement, I think you're forced to use the Box twice. I'd assume those count, so you really only get one free use?

myco666

So for the Resource Manager achievement, I think you're forced to use the Box twice. I'd assume those count, so you really only get one free use?

Well kinda but remember that
after the boat you have nothing in your inventory when you gain control of Ethan.

Well kinda but remember that
after the boat you have nothing in your inventory when you gain control of Ethan.

I forgot about that when I did it. I had to just run to the end praying it would work out, and it did since the game lets you manage inventory after dying to the last boss.

myco666

I forgot about that when I did it. I had to just run to the end praying it would work out, and it did since the game lets you manage inventory after dying to the last boss.

It isn't too bad as
you get few remote bombs and if you don't pick up grenade launcher at the house it will spawn in next to the birdcages at the swamp.
I still think it is much better to leave the item box use to that point.

Kid Ska

Ahh okay. Well I have all of the inventory slots now so it's not as dire as I thought. I'll make good use of the upcoming mandatory box uses and I'll just save it for the swamp.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Madhouse difficulty seems like complete horseshit? That first crawly dude is nuts.

Block then aim for the head. You gonna take damage but they are pretty deadly in madhouse mode.

And make sure you are crouched when you are blocking. Their attacks hit below the chest.

It takes place in the room where you get a dog head from the clock, which is right next to the dinner scene room.

One theory is that it is a flashback to a conversation before the dinner scene and that Jack momentarily got free from Eveline.

I have no clue myself. Hopefully whatever happened there is explained.

What? No, that's fairly obvious,
since Ethan is all up in that mold he's able to communicate with Jack on some sort of psychic level since they're all still in the mold and not actually dead. They're all linked as a collective consciousness.

Orin GA

since Ethan is all up in that mold he's able to communicate with Jack on some sort of psychic level since they're all still in the mold and not actually dead. They're all linked as a collective consciousness.

That is what I thought too.

I guess that makes some sense. Why would
Zoe
be there if you choose to
cure Mia
though?
She is free from Eveline's control the last time we see her if we make the Mia choice.
Plot hole?

Zoe
cure Mia
though?
She is free from Eveline's control the last time we see her if we make the Mia choice.
Plot hole?

I dunno if she's entirely free; she's just strong willed enough to fight it.

Random question about the graphics (running via PS4 Pro on a 1080p TV). Does anyone else think the weapons look blurry/out of focus? I thought it was my imagination for the first few hours but ever since starting to use the grenade launcher the weapons look odd, as if they are lacking a layer of detail. Anyone else seeing this? Not sure if its a glitch or not as I couldn't find any other info on it. Not really gameplay affecting, just looks kinda annoying as otherwise the game is excellent.

mxgt

Banned
Random question about the graphics (running via PS4 Pro on a 1080p TV). Does anyone else think the weapons look blurry/out of focus? I thought it was my imagination for the first few hours but ever since starting to use the grenade launcher the weapons look odd, as if they are lacking a layer of detail. Anyone else seeing this? Not sure if its a glitch or not as I couldn't find any other info on it. Not really gameplay affecting, just looks kinda annoying as otherwise the game is excellent.

I'm sure it's intended.

Focus on your monitor and hold your hand up, or put an object in your field of view and notice how out of focus it is. I guess that's what they're trying to replicate.

I like the effect personally.

Not to give short shrift to Revelations 2 (though fuck that last boss), but do y'all think this game gave the franchise a second wind? I really hope they blow past their 4 million shipped end of March target, this really seems like something that could move 5-6 million copies.

I also hope
Not A Hero
adds some meat to the game and isn't just
some gauntlet bullshit in the vein of the Salt mine.

After getting the Platinum i still have a few questions

Why would Eveline give the serum ingredients to the family instead of destroying it? A file said Eveline gave it to Margarete as a gift but it just seems really silly to have your one weakness available in the house

Also did it explain why things all of a sudden went to shit on the boat? Mia's partner said it was his fault but i guess i missed what he did wrong

How long had umbrella been in that mine and why did they just happen to show up the morning after Ethan arrived?

Maybe i didnt pay enough attention to the files.

dcx4610

Just about to start the game on PC. Thoughts on mouse vs. controller? I usually play FPS games with a mouse but I don't know if this is technically a "FPS". Thoughts?

Just about to start the game on PC. Thoughts on mouse vs. controller? I usually play FPS games with a mouse but I don't know if this is technically a "FPS". Thoughts?

Molded tend to bob around, you'd probably be better served with a mouse as long as the sensitivity is tight enough.

hohoXD123

Omg this game is so good. Reminds me so much of RE1, the connected areas, the atmosphere, just amazing.

Controller felt more natural. Aiming is shit either way.

mxgt

Banned

I started on controller, switched to M/KB

M/KB controls are really good, and headshotting molded is 1000x easier.

Orin GA

My mouse setup:
9tB0teH.jpg

Ricker

I've had this since launch, but have been too much of a coward to start. Is Easy mode actually easy?

Well normal mode is kinda easy lol...I had 2 though fights and a section early is kind of hard until you get use to it...start on normal,and go easy on your second playthrough if you want more trophies.

But yeah,easy really is...

I'm sure it's intended.

Focus on your monitor and hold your hand up, or put an object in your field of view and notice how out of focus it is. I guess that's what they're trying to replicate.

I like the effect personally.

Thanks :) It was just a bit distracting in some of the slower exploration sections. I just did the
boss fight against monster Jack in the boat hose
and didn't have time to notice the effect!

Duxxy3

Picked it up on cdkeys. I'm about an hour into it. I like it, but it doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game.

Just had a pretty cool/amusing experience. I was doing a <4hr run on Easy for the trophy, thought I might as well get the item box trophy as well. You can only open it three times. I opened it once about halfway through (mainly to dump all the keys), and twice to
dump/retrieve your items from the box before Ethan does the Birthday puzzle.
. Realised that I'd used up my uses and couldn't retrieve my weapons after the
ship
section without sacrificing the trophy. So I ran through the entire
mines
section dodging enemies and using the occasional remote. When I got to the two big guys at the end I thought I was screwed, but managed to lure them away from the ladder and climb up it uninterrupted. Everything was fine until I got to the ending
demon wall
bit, died because I had no guns, but then underneath RETRY it has a CHECK ITEM BOX option. I selected it and got to move my weapons over to see me through that one tiny bit. Stats didn't count it as a box useage, so I got the trophy. Victory!

Such good times, this game!

Jerrod

Zoe
cure Mia
though?
Plot hole?
I read another comment that
because jack "died" but didn't break apart like Marguerite his consciousness might still be there, which explains why Marguerite is not. Zoe is still there because even though she isn't under control she is still connected through the mold, and if you cure her she doesn't break apart either when she dies.

Perineum

Omg this game is so good. Reminds me so much of RE1, the connected areas, the atmosphere, just amazing.

Controller felt more natural. Aiming is shit either way.

Turn off aim assist, and never fire if the cursor is "spread" after firing a shot. Wait for it to compact back to a small reticle.

On PS4 and miss VERY rarely.

After getting the Platinum i still have a few questions

Why would Eveline give the serum ingredients to the family instead of destroying it? A file said Eveline gave it to Margarete as a gift but it just seems really silly to have your one weakness available in the house

Also did it explain why things all of a sudden went to shit on the boat? Mia's partner said it was his fault but i guess i missed what he did wrong

How long had umbrella been in that mine and why did they just happen to show up the morning after Ethan arrived?

Maybe i didnt pay enough attention to the files.

Nothing specific is said about these things, but here's the most that can be gleaned thus far:

The better question may be why are D-Series samples the ones being transported instead of completed serum samples? The tanker being traveled on is not the lab where these subjects were developed, and Zoe could make a sample in seconds in the field. Why take the risk of early series samples being available for acquisition, or have to make the serum while under a compromised situation? It's perhaps the one true plothole present in the game.
2. No, but it seems Eveline isn't fond of Alan in the first place, who is just the programs director while Mia is the one she actually bonded to. Given her goal to no longer live in a lab coupled with her design, it probably came down to her simply slipping out while under Alan's supervision, and things went sour when Eveline came across additional crew members and initiated what she was designed to do.
3. We don't know if that was Umbrella's equipment in the Salt Mines or some other party. Whoever it was arrived within a year of the isolated outbreak, and cured Lucas Baker of at least the control element of the E-Series infection. It was that parties equipment down there and their reports that were given to Lucas. Lucas has likely been the only one present since his cure, likely due to both a need to not compromise their only asset in the area and that said asset was incredibly unstable.

The choppers (all Umbrella or others too, we don't know) arrived due to Ethan's codex alerting them that the D-Series and E-Necrotoxin assets were acquired. This suggests that this Umbrella were the employers of Mia and Alan (as that's Mia's codex on Ethan), but then again that company was worried of being compromised to where that Umbrella may have been those compromisers rather than the company responsible for the E-Series.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Question about the enemies.

When you kill the black symbiote looking dudes do they come back to life or respawn?
They're dead for good. They don't respawn when killed.

Though through the course of the game some more do show up over time in certain rooms after specific story moments.

Top Bottom