• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Soundtrack listed on Amazon; Song Previews Samples & Full Listing

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
*POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING*

So with RE7 being out soon, the soundtrack was posted on Amazon.

Almost every song has a 30-second preview clip with it, and the soundtrack is... I'll let you guys judge. If you want to listen without seeing the track titles, just click the "preview all" button on-top of the Amazon page and then just click to another tab and listen.

Here's the full tracklist, but again, there's song sample previews on the Amazon page (I'll spoil mark all the songs that should be later game songs):

1. Go Tell Aunt Rhody -Resident Evil- (Full Version)
by Michael A. Levine

2. A Loving Message
by Akiyuki Morimoto

3. On The Road
by Akiyuki Morimoto

4. Atmosphere -Swamp Encounter-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

5. Lost Memories
by Akiyuki Morimoto

6. Sinking Feeling
by Akiyuki Morimoto

7. Into Madness
by Akiyuki Morimoto

8. Kill Or Be Killed
by Akiyuki Morimoto

9. Haunted House
by Akiyuki Morimoto

10. Back For More
by Akiyuki Morimoto

11. Love To Death
by Akiyuki Morimoto

12. Welcome To The Family
by Akiyuki Morimoto

13. Dinner Time
by Miwako Chinone

14. Out Of Sight
by Miwako Chinone

15. Out In The Open
by Miwako Chinone

16. Garage
by Miwako Chinone

17. Main Hall
by Satoshi Hori

18. A Curious Light
by Satoshi Hori

19. Hide And Seek
by Satoshi Hori

20. Daddy's Back
by Miwako Chinone

21. Molded I
by Akiyuki Morimoto

22. Tearing At The Flesh
by Miwako Chinone

23. Claws Of Death
by Miwako Chinone

24. Into The Night
by Miwako Chinone

25. Saferoom
by Miwako Chinone

26. Atmosphere -The Nest-
by Brian D'Oliveira

27. Brief Reunion
by Satoshi Hori

28. Escaping The Pit
by Satoshi Hori

29. Unholy Shrine
by Satoshi Hori

30. Keeper Of The Greenhouse I
by Satoshi Hori

31. Keeper Of The Greenhouse II
by Satoshi Hori

32. The Forbidden Room
by Brian D'Oliveira

33. Tatari
by Brian D'Oliveira

34. Molded II
by Miwako Chinone

35. Bad Boy Games
by Satoshi Hori

36. White Room
by Akiyuki Morimoto

37. "Sacrifice" by The Sewer Gatorz
by Satoshi Hori

38. Apprehension
by Cris Velasco

39. So Close Yet So Far
by Cris Velasco

40. Face To Face
by Miwako Chinone

41. The Beast
by Cris Velasco

42. Not Over Yet
by Cris Velasco

43. The Choice -Love-
by Satoshi Hori

44. Go Tell Aunt Rhody -Resident Evil- (Short Version)
by Michael A. Levine

45. Main Menu
by Miwako Chinone

46. Short-Lived Escape -Torn Apart-
by Satoshi Hori

47. Into The Wreckage
by Akiyuki Morimoto

48. E-001 I
by Satoshi Hori

49. E-001 II
by Satoshi Hori

50. Proceed With Caution
by Miwako Chinone

51. Molded III
by Miwako Chinone

52. E-001 III
by Satoshi Hori

53. Dire State Of Affairs
by Satoshi Hori

54. The Breaking Point
by Akiyuki Morimoto

55. Sense Of Dread
by Akiyuki Morimoto

56. Death Of A Friend
by Akiyuki Morimoto

57. Calm Before The Storm
by Akiyuki Morimoto

58. Biohazard
by Akiyuki Morimoto

59. Determination
by Miwako Chinone

60. The Sad Truth
by Miwako Chinone

61. Selfless Act
by Satoshi Hori

62. Salt Mine
by Brian D'Oliveira

63. Molded IV
by Brian D'Oliveira

64. Ascending From The Darkness
by Brian D'Oliveira

65. Molded V
by Satoshi Hori

66. Floating In-Between
by Miwako Chinone

67. Temper Tantrum
by Satoshi Hori

68. Daidara-bocchi
by Akiyuki Morimoto

69. Ending -Reunited-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

70. The Choice -Freedom-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

71. Short-Lived Escape -Lost Freedom-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

72. The Grudge
by Akiyuki Morimoto

73. Ending -Last Goodbye-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

74. Title Menu -Beginning Hour-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

75. A Presence -Beginning Hour-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

76. Phone Call -Beginning Hour-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

77. You're Next -Beginning Hour-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

78. Thank You For Playing -Beginning Hour-
by Akiyuki Morimoto

79. VR Tutorial
by Akiyuki Morimoto

80. Happy Happy Ending
by Miwako Chinone

81. You Are Dead
by Akiyuki Morimoto

Jawmuncher

Not bad, only going from the previews though. A lot of it seems more atmospheric than catchy like older games such as 1-3 had. Still for what this game is doing, seems it'll work well with it.

rtcn63

Was expecting:

1. Don't Tell Aunt Rhody
2. Don't Tell Aunt Rhody
3. Don't Tell Aunt Rhody
~
81. Don't Tell Aunty Rhody

Jawmuncher

I really don't like Aunt Rhody. Actually I hate it. Worst RE theme ever imo.

It's not bad. But at this point it has definitely been a bit overplayed.
They should've been really only using it for reveal and launch trailer, with the slower version in between. Stuff like the version that is on the PS4 theme is ace.

liquidtmd

Banned
I have supreme confidence that whatever issues the main game throw up, the soundtrack will be A++

The OST to all mainline games for me have been consistently great

Dusk Golem

Music is an important part of a horror game obviously, so here's a few tracks that I find interesting as I listen through:

I love Aunt Rhody as always.

Track 2 "A Loving Message" sounds incredibly 'somber Resident Evil' to me, I always like those kind of pretty songs with a more sinister undertone, so I'm happy with it.

Track 3 "On The Road" sounds more unorthodox, though obviously a continuation of Track 2 in whatever story moment.

Track 4 "Atmosphere - Swamp Encounter" sounds like it wouldn't be out of place with RE4's "Dark Atmosphere" songs at all.

Track 6 "Into Madness", I love the weird vocal effect and sounds like when things go to shit, so very appropriate. I love the end bit where the atmosphere starts to get uneasy, actually quite creepy.

Track 7 "Kill or Be Killed" Holy hell the whispering is creepy, and some of the more creative use of "dramatic strings" I've heard in a horror song.

Track 8 "Haunted House" there is so much 'breathing' in these songs, the blow and the inhales in the song with the scratching sounds are actually creeping.

Track 11 "Love to Death" is very different than the rest, is it a boss theme? This one sounds more Resident Evil boss theme than the others, but then it goes almost to a stor bit... and more weird breathing. It's creepy though.

Track 12 "Welcome to the Family" ...Love it, piano piece which gives off an exploration feel. Does feel like it'd fit with some older RE music.

Track 16 "Garage" This is obviously the Jack garage boss fight song, not the song I expected to play during the fight at all, but very different than the other tracks so far.

Track 19 "Hide and Seek" ...Well I'll be noping the fuck out to this song. the little music box and the strings they made sound like cries are interesting, and has that underlying 'dark atmosphere' tone RE4 music had.

Track 20 "Daddy's Back" has a fuck rhythm going for it while also sound appropriately ominous, so that's cool, I bet this plays when Jack is getting close in the house.

Track 25 "Saferoom" We all knew what the save room song was at this point, but I think it works well with the soundtrack in context.

Track 28 "Escape the Pit" I love the use of piano and strings in this song, it is a bit melodic while also being chaotic.

Track 29 "Unholy Shrine" Not only is the name ominous, but the track gives off an uneasy feeling, looking forward to whatever moment this is.

Track 30 "Keeper of the Greenhouse I" Oh my, this started off slow but I love the 'stomping' strings that develop.

Track 32 "Forbidden Room" This one is simple, but I like it. I think the soundtracks with simple but well-done melodic touch atmosphere are enjoyable so far.

Track 36: "White Room" This one gives me some of the 'simple but effective' song of some of the REmake songs, not the more melodic ones but like the underground and quieter stuff.

Track 37 "Sacrifice by the Sewer Gatorz" Firstly, what the fuck is with the name? Secondly, unexpected, it's like Grunge Rock with a Spanish Guitar. Wonder the context?

Will spoiler mark the rest for potential spoilers.

Track 40 "Face to Face" Another tranquil song, love the piano in this one. Capcom music artist do good mood piano.

Track 41 "The Beast" Wow, I love the weird creepy hum in this.Sounds a bit more bombastic in areas than I'd expect, but interesting.

Track 43 "The Choice -Love-" There's something I love about how simple yet pretty this song is.

Track 45 "Main Menu" ...Not what I expected from the Main Menu of RE7 at all. It sounds like the Save Room Theme in reverse but with some added creepiness to it.

Track 48-49 "E-001 I & II" Wind Chimes and whispering... Wonder what E-001 is, but odd but interesting minimal choice there.

Track 55 "Sense of Dread" I like the 'whining' instrument that plays and how down-toned it is.

Track 58 "Biohazard" ...Is this orchestrated? I mean it is named after the series Japanese title, but this was more dramatic from the little sample I heard than expected.

Track 59 "Determination" Sounds like the second phase of whatever boss fight or battle this is, and sounds appropriately tense.

Track 60 "The Sad Truth" ...I like it, it's a melodic RE piece but more with a sad and kind of 'hollow' feeling.

Track 61 "Selfless Act" This sounds like one of the newer RE cinematic tracks, not bombastic but I mean it had a "TV show" feel to it almost.

Track 62 "Salt Mine" Oh god, this reminds me of a track that creeped me out in Dead Aim. With the weird high-pitched whines and moans.

Track 63 "Molded IV" My favorite of the Molded tracks so far, there must be some messed-up Molded in the Mines.

Track 64 "Ascending From the Darkness" Love the dramatic feel of this one.

Track 65 "Molded V" Sounds like a boss Molded song-OH I LOVE WHAT THIS TURNS INTO. It gets pretty interesting towards the end of the preview.

Track 68 " Daidara-bocchi" Seems like the final boss song, very different than what the series usually goes for. Love the whispering of the little girl in the background and the orchestration, gives off a feeling of something big.

Track 69 "Ending -Reunited-" I like it, has a feel good feeling to it and pleasant to listen to.

Track 71 "The Choice -Freedom-" This one sounds sad despite it's name. I like it.

Track 73 "Ending -The Last Goodbye-" This one has a cinematic quality to it, but a bit more so than I was expecting.

It seems like a good soundtrack, and some songs were unexpected certainly. Some some made me think more melodic, others more atmospheric, and that's a good mix for the series. It might even have some of the creepiest music in the series at this point.

Wish some of the songs, like Main Hall & Into the Night, were available to listen to however.

kromeo

Is Loving Message the save room music? The piano sounds very REmake/0

Edit: nevermind, that would be saferoom, lol

Dusk Golem

Is Loving Message the save room music? The piano sounds very REmake/0

Edit: nevermind, that would be saferoom, lol

Actual save room theme apparently has piano later in, but there's a few tracks on the RE7 soundtrack that sound like they could of come straight out of REmake or RE4, certainly. I'm not saying those games because they're well-liked, just some of the tracks sound like new tracks from those games very much in style.

Cubed

Fantastic soundtrack! I didn't listen to all the clips, though, because I'm trying to stay as spoiler-fee as possible.

Dusk Golem

Looking a bit more into it, the composers and their past relationship with RE on the soundtrack are...

Michael A. Levine - Did the Aunt Rhody song, not the singing but the song. Did the soundtrack on things like Pirates of the Caribbean & The Simpsons Movie.

Akiyuki Morimoto - Did part of the soundtrack for RE6, which is his main contribution, but also helped some with Monster Hunter/Lost Planet 2.

Miwako Chinone - Has mostly worked on Monster Hunter, but did work on the Arrange album for the first Revelations as their first thing, and now on RE7.

Satoshi Hori - A new composer, can't find much on him outside of one small project he did beforehand.

Brian D'Oliveira - New to RE, but did music for Little Big Planet, Batman Arkham Knight, Papo & Yo, and others.

Cris Velasco - New to RE, but did music for Mass Effect, Overwatch, Bloodborne, Assassin's Creed, Zombi, Borderlands 2, God of War 3, & more.

Interesting little cast, love the soundtrack they've got together from what I can hear though.

Don't like Aunt Rhody that much, maybe I'll get used to it after playing the game.

Nice list of composers and atmosphere for most of the ost.

Only through to Garage, but it's already my favorite soundtrack of the games to date.

It wouldn't be surprising if these aren't actually in the game in most cases. Just some of the opening stuff, some cutscenes, ending, and of course save room and theme.

Dusk Golem

Only through to Garage, but it's already my favorite soundtrack of the games to date.

It wouldn't be surprising if these aren't actually in the game in most cases. Just some of the opening stuff, some cutscenes, ending, and of course save room and theme.

If this is even close to SH2 and 3... my god

Yamaoka is the GOAT

It's very good, I'm not sure I'd compare it to SH since it's very different, but from the samples it does honestly sound like a pretty great RE soundtrack. there's a good mixture of creepy atmosphere, some of the creepier atmosphere tracks from the series even, as well as some more melodic atmosphere pieces and ones that use sounds interestingly, melodic pieces that are quite pretty and I'd even say on-par with earlier such pieces from the series, some surprising songs like the first boss song and the Sewer Gatorz, and then there's some nice dark orchestra pieces and some more cinematic pieces for what I take are some bigger story moments.

Some of the tracks I'm excited to hear the whole version of, but it definitely sems like it'll be a higher tier RE soundtrack for some, and at the very least the OST has some unmistakably Resident Evil songs in it.

Though pretty sure they'll be used in the game, but as it's an atmospheric experience it may be easy to miss as sometimes good music blends well with a scene.

dlauv

I'll review a couple of samples. Why not.

1. Go Tell Aunt Rhody -Resident Evil- (Full Version)
by Michael A. Levine

The melody is a bit repetitive and the lyrics are way too corny for me be on board. Frankly, I find it very slightly annoying/overplayed now. I enjoyed it in the trailer, because the horror-infused folk lyrics complimented the setting and tone; and, it gave the promising statement that Capcom understood somewhat American pop production circa. 2015+. This is promising because the game's production would possibly reflect contemporary American sensibilities, since the past games seemed entirely deaf on that front (to no great detriment, obviously).

9. Haunted House
by Akiyuki Morimoto

Great stereophonic effect on the door. This will likely screw with me in game.

11. Love To Death
by Akiyuki Morimoto

This is tense and eventful. I enjoy the piano cacophony.

16. Garage
by Miwako Chinone

I appreciate the melody and syncopation. It's mildly unnerving, mostly engaging, and the melody is slightly Jaws-esque.

23. Claws Of Death
by Miwako Chinone

I like the clockwork, but there's something less poignant/sharp about this person's composition/production so far. They have a flat, less intricate sound to them.

25. Saferoom
by Miwako Chinone

Love. Relaxing, despondent, southern, and nostalgic. A bit Aphex Twinnish in the best ways.

I give up. Tracks up to 35 could be a bit redundant except for those listed. I like how each composer handles a different Baker. Kind of a strange thing to do.

Top Bottom