• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rift: Planes of Telara |OT|

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Another new server brought up, making me think they miscalculated on the number of servers needed.

mxgt

Banned
Wow, the forums are a war zone.

People are so angry that they can't get in instantly. I personally don't mind it, well populated servers are great.

2400 to go!

Totalriot

Whoa! Just jumped 200 places and my waiting time was cut from 3 hours to 20 minutes. Nice!

Edit: Now it's back at 2 hours.. What are they doing? :(

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yeah, it's hilarious and sad seeing all these people QQing over not being able to log in immediately. It's too be expected at launch. I had to wait over 30 to get on to WoW at Cata launch, and countless other games have a slow start the moment servers go live just from the huge number of people waiting to get on. The sheer amount of righteous indignation that some gamers have is obnoxious.

mxgt said:
Wow, the forums are a war zone.

People are so angry that they can't get in instantly. I personally don't mind it, well populated servers are great.

2400 to go!
I feel the same way. I would rather have queues and populated servers, than a bunch of ghost towns. I expected there to be queues after it was posted that there are already a million Rift accounts.

Came home for lunch to try and reserve a name.

2 hours queue... no thanks.

I suppose when everybody gets off work it is going to be even worse.

Door2Dawn said:
So im guessing you gotta buy the game to play? I thought you could just download the game and just add your subscription

A lot of MMOs don't do that until some time has passed. Retail sales help them recoup some of the investment costs.

Swag

Darkshier said:
I feel the same way. I would rather have queues and populated servers, than a bunch of ghost towns. I expected there to be queues after it was posted that there are already a million Rift accounts.

Are these pre order accounts or accounts including beta accounts?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
New PVP Server launched "Dayblind"

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm in Belmont. Name is Darsh.

HOLY SHIT BEHMIS ARE AWESOME. lol

Wielding 2hand weapons with one hand. So good.

Quagm1r3

Having a login issue. It says I'm not authorized to play the game even though I pre-ordered it and had the open beta installed.

Nevermind. I need to read things.

KScorp

Quagm1r3 said:
Having a login issue. It says I'm not authorized to play the game even though I pre-ordered it and had the open beta installed.

You have to enter your pre-order code at their website to tie your account to the game.

Wow servers filled up really fast. Right at 12 I saw about 6 were at full, rest were at normal. When I logged off at 12:30 to get back to work all servers were full. Ingame everything ran smooth for the couple levels I was able to play.

Flambe

stupid authentication error 2005 >.<

Asked sister to check if it would work for her and it did though, so something in my computer =[ Have tried a crapton of 'fixes' from the forums but no go

theDeeDubs

Made it down to 49 in queue from 700ish and got disconnected. Luckily it put me back in my spot though. One minute left for my lunchbreak and seven minutes left for my queue, argg.

Fixed1979

Darkshier said:

If that's accurate then holy shit, not bad few a new MMO with no tie-ins to other I.P.'s.

Weenerz

Banned
The queues are a good and bad thing, the good thing is the game is popular, the bad news is we can't play because it's popular.

Hopefully they keep a good portion of their day one customers so we get some good support.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Haha holy shit. Get up at 6am to get some names down and a massive queue awaits. Time to go make a coffee!

theDeeDubs

Looks like they added the opposing faction's hair styles to each side. Long hair that's not leopard spotted on my kelari looks great.

Ningo

Got to lvl 8 before being disconnected, login server seems to be down now. Insane amount of people lol that early defiant quest where u need to fire the cannons on the beach is impossible. 30 people waiting at each cannon and takes too long to refresh lol. Rift invasions are insane from the get go, there was a stonegiant everyone was focusing on and took 30 mins to kill, insane.

Subxero

Just picked up the Digital Collectors Edition from Direct2Drive for $50 and change with the 15% off coupon they have up on their main page.

I enjoyed the beta, but missed out on the last 2 stages. It reminded me of Warhammer wich I really liked until the population plummeted. I only hope it doesn't happen with rift.

Looking forward to seeing what has changed. I just started the download and it says it's only going to take 53 minutes for the full 8gigs.

I can't wait.

By the way I played on Belmont during the Betas. What are the chances of being able to make a character there at this point.

Concept17

Well I was on at launch time but had to goto work. Ended up having a few hours in between shifts and now the queue is 1.5hrs. =\

Hopefully they add some servers soon. (wasn't there more during beta?)

Concept17 said:
Well I was on at launch time but had to goto work. Ended up having a few hours in between shifts and now the queue is 1.5hrs. =\

Hopefully they add some servers soon. (wasn't there more during beta?)

They have been adding servers. They can't keep up lol.

Concept17

1stStrike said:
Hey guys, I've formed Lotus Cross officially in-game so shoot me a tell to join up! (nick: Elvirnith)

woot - I'll msg you soon as I get back in

Fourman said:

haha awesome

My queue time seems to be jumping 5mins for every 1. So thats good.

edit: now its climbing back up wtf :(

1stStrike

Banned
Subxero said:
Just picked up the Digital Collectors Edition from Direct2Drive for $50 and change with the 15% off coupon they have up on their main page.

I enjoyed the beta, but missed out on the last 2 stages. It reminded me of Warhammer wich I really liked until the population plummeted. I only hope it doesn't happen with rift.

Looking forward to seeing what has changed. I just started the download and it says it's only going to take 53 minutes for the full 8gigs.

I can't wait.

By the way I played on Belmont during the Betas. What are the chances of being able to make a character there at this point.

Should be fine. Feel free to shoot me a tell in-game if you wanna join up with our guild. (Elvirnith is my nick)

Klyka

Banned
Im in argent glade where the alfewar dudes took it over and there are several rifts open around the town with lvl 19 dues and lvl 15 elites running around and a giant tree vindicator dude destroying everything.

Everyone is only around lvl 10 so its taking forever to take the city back.

Weenerz

Banned
Fourman said:

Reminds me of early WoW, I remember Archimonde being very chaotic and they were tossing shit loads of servers up to cope with the traffic. Fun times.

speedpop

That big tree is level 20 and hits like a truck, so no idea how Argent Glade will be taken back.

speedpop said:
That big tree is level 20 and hits like a truck, so no idea how Argent Glade will be taken back.

In beta I remember seeing 4 of those destroying that magic school in Argent Glade, was amazingly cool.

One of the things that sold me on this game.

speedpop

Oh fuck it. Disconnected from the server. Went through 1000 numbers in the queue in an hour, all for naught!

So bought the game, installing and patching probably wont get on until tonight. A couple of questions.
1. I am reading the patch notes and seeing that they removed +10 stat perks on races. So is there any difference to the races except the 1 skill they have like increase speed for 10seconds or whatever?

2. I am thinking of making a ranger and was wondering If I do Weaponscrafting (for bows) If i can level up just by using foraging or if i need to get mining and foraging? or can I get something more beneficial like runecrafting?

I will be joining defiant belmont :) so I will pst you guys when I am in.

Top Bottom