• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rift: Planes of Telara |OT|

Zefah said:
It is kind of funny. On these forums and other MMORPG forums I frequent, people just kind of shrug at the queues. They suck, but anyone who has played a couple of MMORPGs know they are kind of unavoidable, especially at launch.

Also: anyone on Byriel server/Defiant? A couple of friends started there so I am playing there. Let me know!

I'm on Byriel.

Guardian side though.

LowParry

Just hit 18 and taking a break. I switched it up to MM and damn, they still hit hard after the nerfs. Hella fun in PvP as well with the Warfront.

Carm

nyong said:
Try forcing DX9. Right click on your launch icon and append "-dx9" without the quotes to the end of the target ("C:\Program Files\RIFT Game\riftpatchlive.exe"-dx9)

The game already runs in DX9 by default.

1stStrike

Banned
I just hit lvl 22. Feels good to be back in stonefield! This place is so crazy/fun. Freemarch is a great start but it really kicks up a notch in this area!

Also, we got our first guild quest done. Just need 15 guild runs through Iron Tombs and we'll hit level 2.

nyong

Banned
Spent two hours in the queue only to log in and get a message about corrupted game files and needing to the run the recovery mode. Kept falling through the world. Exited out fast to run recovery, but not fast enough BECAUSE I'M BACK IN THE MOTHER FUCKING QUEUE!!!!!!!

*deep breaths*

nyong

Banned
Yeah, it'll get better too. I wouldn't be surprised if they have (smaller) artificial population caps right now as everyone is crowding up the same zones.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm a little torn. We created some characters on Silkweb where there was zero queue, but the guild wants to be on Wolfsbane which only has zero queue when the US is asleep (afternoon-evening here) so I can't really do much in the early mornings :|

Somnia

1stStrike said:
I just hit lvl 22. Feels good to be back in stonefield! This place is so crazy/fun. Freemarch is a great start but it really kicks up a notch in this area!

Also, we got our first guild quest done. Just need 15 guild runs through Iron Tombs and we'll hit level 2.
Don't pass me too much!! I won't be home for 5 hours :/

Hawk269

I am playing this on my 60" 1080p TV and it looks fantastic and all, I had to customize some of the onscreen items to make it easier to read, but does anyone know if you can increase the size of the window that opens up when you complete and/or given a quest? There is alot of text and while I can read it, it would be nice if I Can make that window just a bit bigger to increase the font size. All the other windows I was able to customize to a good size to easily read, but this one alludes me.

Thanks...

Scum

Where's EU GAF? i rolled on Icedeath(?) when I got in last night. no queues whatsoever. Then again, it was around 2am GMT. :lol

Got to lvl 8. Having plenty of fun questing. I'm a Champion/Riftblade/Paladin. Awesome. :)

mxgt

Banned
Scum said:
Where's EU GAF? i rolled on Icedeath(?) when I got in last night. no queues whatsoever. Then again, it was around 2am GMT. :lol

Got to lvl 8. Having plenty of fun questing. I'm a Champion/Riftblade/Paladin. Awesome. :)
I'm on Shivermere PvP. Switched from the huge Whitefall queue.

Level 19 Cleric right now. Warden is awesome.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Really not digging the Mage right now... specced into Warlock to see if I like that better.

I have a Cleric at level 10 that I may try for a bit to see if I like that better.

1stStrike

Banned
Union Carbine said:
Rolling in Belmont with the Defiant Cleric, "Sargon", level 8 so far... I need a new soul. Not quite happy with my current config.

You can unlock all the souls at lvl 13 and purchase a 2nd slot from your class trainer for 30 gold (plus reset your current soul config).

nataku

Weenerz said:
New souls unlock at 13, where do we go to get them? Our trainer?

You need to quest for them, in the main city of whatever faction you're playing. You can only do one at a time, but they're really easy and don't take long at all.

nyong

Banned
FML. Second time through the queue and my power supply failed (burning smell ftw). Back from Best Buy with a new one, aaaaaand requeued. Another three hours.

EDIT: Actually, screw it. I'm going Belmont to make my GAF character. 20 min < 3 hours.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Weenerz said:
New souls unlock at 13, where do we go to get them? Our trainer?

There'll be specific NPCs that offer quests at 13 to unlock the other souls. Just look for the green circles with exclamation marks.

Also, just hit 20, and quite enjoying things too. Wound up pugging Iron Tomb dungeon as the healer, and it was pretty good. Some healing intense moments in there. Almost wiped on the last boss because I was having some LoS issue that wouldn't let me heal a bunch of they group when we ran to Eliam for his protection. Wound up being just me and one warrior for the last half of the fight, but we won. :p

I've really gotta figure out what people are doing to get such crazy healing numbers in Warfronts. At lvl 19 I managed to heal for 37k in one match, and thought I was doing well until I saw others there that healed for almost 50k. I wonder if they're using a different build for heals. I'm going mostly sentinel with some warden for HoTs, and a bit of purifier just to get the shields.

In any case, fun game so far. Hopefully I'll hit level cap in a week or two and can start checking out end game.

1stStrike

Banned
Mr Nash said:
There'll be specific NPCs that offer quests at 13 to unlock the other souls. Just look for the green circles with exclamation marks.

Also, just hit 20, and quite enjoying things too. Wound up pugging Iron Tomb dungeon as the healer, and it was pretty good. Some healing intense moments in there. Almost wiped on the last boss because I was having some LoS issue that wouldn't let me heal a bunch of they group when we ran to Eliam for his protection. Wound up being just me and one warrior for the last half of the fight, but we won. :p

I've really gotta figure out what people are doing to get such crazy healing numbers in Warfronts. At lvl 19 I managed to heal for 37k in one match, and thought I was doing well until I saw others there that healed for almost 50k. I wonder if they're using a different build for heals. I'm going mostly sentinel with some warden for HoTs, and a bit of purifier just to get the shields.

In any case, fun game so far. Hopefully I'll hit level cap in a week or two and can start checking out end game.

Healing as a bard gets you huge numbers. I was regularly healing for about 130k or so in WF's since every time I healed I was healing the entire raid. If my big heal crit it would heal each person for about 979 hp and I could use it about every 7 seconds. Multiply that by 10 - 15 and voila.

Also, hit 25 tonight. Things really pick up in Stonefield. Freemarch is a good intro zone, but I'm so glad to be out of it. Stonefield is unrelentless and much more fun / nice looking IMO. Any of you hitting lvl 20 for the first time and going to this zone are really in for a blast.

We have 5 or 6 people at lvl 20 or above, and quite a few in their teens. Seems that LC generally has about 15 - 25 people online at any given time.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Hmmm, I think Belmont may have crashed. Got booted, and the shard is grayed out in the server selection list. At least it happened after our last guild run of Iron Tomb, so the guild can level up now. =D Hope it gets fixed soon. I want to go back to Stonefield. Seemed like there was constant rift invasions while I was out that way before.

Concept17

Mr Nash said:
Hmmm, I think Belmont may have crashed. Got booted, and the shard is grayed out in the server selection list. At least it happened after our last guild run of Iron Tomb, so the guild can level up now. =D Hope it gets fixed soon. I want to go back to Stonefield. Seemed like there was constant rift invasions while I was out that way before.

Yeah was just cleaning out the invasion in Freemarch and crashed. Sucks because I FINALLY got on to play tonight and 20 mins later it goes down. Appears to be the only server down too. :(

1stStrike said:
You can unlock all the souls at lvl 13 and purchase a 2nd slot from your class trainer for 30 gold (plus reset your current soul config).
Already got the second slot, just need the souls. I'll stop pestering the cleric trainers until I reach thirteen then. ;)

Can you send me an in-game guild invite when you get a chance?

LordAlu

Just got an e-mail from Trion about an issue with the 8GB USB stick in my retail CE. Apparently it doesn't work! :(

So they're giving me a free pet, loads of extra enchants, and either a replacement USB stick or a free month of game time! Yay!

Now I just need my CE to actually arrive so I can start playing! :p

Concept17

AceBandage said:
Does anyone else not always get all the graphical spell effects?
Seems when I'm in a larger crowd, they don't appear.

Yup, my glacial shield likes to not show up, which is too bad because it looks awesome.

1stStrike

Banned
Union Carbine said:
Already got the second slot, just need the souls. I'll stop pestering the cleric trainers until I reach thirteen then. ;)

Can you send me an in-game guild invite when you get a chance?

Might want to send a tell to Ashodin or Wallach as I'm working all weekend and won't be on till late night (11 pm EST)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Having a lot of fun in a PvP server. Got to level 12 before the shut down today. The rifts are awesome.

1stStrike

Banned
We had someone in the guild who deleted his lvl 13 character yesterday to re-spec because the "quests to get other souls take time" o_0. We were like, dude, you can get all of the quests done in like a half an hour and then re-spec at any time...

If you don't know something, please ask one of us before you do something stupid and just delete your character you've spent an entire day on o_o

axdenied

Neo Member
Any officer of the guild currently on ? I can't seem to find Ashodin or Wallach.

Which class do you guys require the most of ?

1stStrike

Banned
axdenied said:
Any officer of the guild currently on ? I can't seem to find Ashodin or Wallach.

Which class do you guys require the most of ?

You can ask Somnia as well. I was just on for a few minutes and if you let me know your in-game nick I'll try to get you in when I take lunch later. I'll be back on around 5:30 pm EST.

Top Bottom