• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rift: Planes of Telara |OT|

Concept17

I should be back on tonight to do some IT runs before heading out to Stonefield. I played 2 characters to level 20 during beta so I'm really looking forward to getting past where I've already been.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Someone deleted a lvl 13 because they thought the soul quests would take too long? I got all of the ones that I wanted in less than an hour. XD The only exception here was farming out favor so that I could get my templar soul. Managed that last night before logging off. Finally have an ability to break CC now. =)

mxgt

Banned
Warden is so awesome, I mainly tried out the Cleric dps souls and purifier healing in the minimal beta I played.

But the efficiency of Warden is on another level. I can just keep 4 stacks of Soothing Stream on the tank along with Healing Spray and a lot of the time it outheals most of the damage.

So i did the secret puzzle achivement in freemarch and white text popped up saying `Dabble has the shard first drop of _________(random rare dagger lvl15)` does that pop up for every rare the first time it drops lol

LordAlu

arts&crafts said:
So i did the secret puzzle achivement in freemarch and white text popped up saying `Dabble has the shard first drop of _________(random rare dagger lvl15)` does that pop up for every rare the first time it drops lol
Only if it's the first drop on the entire server. The next time it drops for someone it won't appear.

1stStrike

Banned
Concept17 said:
I should be back on tonight to do some IT runs before heading out to Stonefield. I played 2 characters to level 20 during beta so I'm really looking forward to getting past where I've already been.

Cool :) We're guild lvl 2 now and I logged in to add some more skills (+3% loot from rifts and heal 10% of your HP every time you kill someone in PvP with the ability activated).

Next guild quest is killing 50 guardians so get on them warfronts :D

Me and 4 other Lotus Cross members just got disconnected from the server when fighting the first boss in Iron Tombs. And now I can't log back in. So wrong.

Darkshier said:
Me and 4 other Lotus Cross members just got disconnected from the server when fighting the first boss in Iron Tombs. And now I can't log back in. So wrong.

I dced during zone wide rift spawns but i reconnected and im back

1stStrike

Banned
Darkshier said:

Ouch =\ well, at least it was the first boss and not the last boss. That would REALLY suck. On the bright side, IT is only about 20 - 30 minutes long but yeah, I hate losing progress too.

This might have been answered already but I can't find it, but are people from Europe able to play on US servers?

Asking because I'm thinking of buying it and would like to join the gaf guild.

TheExodu5

Banned
xerxesiani said:
This might have been answered already but I can't find it, but are people from Europe able to play on US servers?

Asking because I'm thinking of buying it and would like to join the gaf guild.

I believe so. In the Launcher settings, you can set the region to North America or Europe.

1stStrike

Banned
It's not region locked. We've got one guy from south america, at least one from europe and one from australia in the guild.

Oh and btw we just got our 3rd quest done. i topped it off over my lunch break :D Apparently I can't accept another guild quest yet though (cooldown?) so we'll have to wait I suppose.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'm assuming it's only one per day. Tried doing a warfront as a shaman, which was pretty tough at level 22 against a bunch of high 20 somethings. Just wanted to scrape enough kills to get the guild quest done. :p Gonna stick with healing in those in the long term. It's a bit easier now that I have Templar. That CC breaking ability is too useful to pass up. Gotta love all the QQ in chat when our team is losing though. I've come to the conclusion that it's a limitation of players (and a large subset of them at that) as to how successful a pug is in a warfront / battleground / whatever. Large groups of people cannot seem to escape a tunnel vision mentality, and obsess over pew pewing, without thinking to work together to achieve objectives. It doesn't matter how brilliantly a developer designs the stuff, a lot of people just aren't going to have the brains or skill to make proper use of it. Can't wait to hit 50 and just do premades for this stuff.

Fixed1979

Patch time again...Think I'm getting tired was looking for a guy in a completely different part of the map then where I was supposed to be looking. Killed at least 30 minutes doing that.

Swag

Decided to go Warrior instead of Cleric, sourly disappointed that Paragon can't dual wield two handed weapons.

Rubius

Secret:
Go on the L of Lake of Soltace. Light up every candles.
Dont tell anyone ;D And gratz for your first on the server to pick up that item.

Morn

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Decided to go Warrior instead of Cleric, sourly disappointed that Paragon can't dual wield two handed weapons.

This isn't WoW. You also won't be seeing shoulder pads 2x the size of your character with trees and forest animals frolicking around them.

Rubius said:
Secret:
Go on the L of Lake of Soltace. Light up every candles.
Dont tell anyone ;D And gratz for your first on the server to pick up that item.

Yea there are puzzles all around.

Rubius

Sebulon3k said:
Dual Wield Dual Handed Weapon? Wut. We are not in Azeroth anymore

Morn

Banned
If anyone wants to play a "WoW-style" Paladin, the Justicar in the Cleric calling is actually closer to that. I've grouped with so many total fail Warriors because they're trying to play the Warrior Paladin like their WoW character.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Btw, has anyone figured out how to lock raid bars yet? They can slide around at the most inopportune moments. >_<

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Last night was a blast fellas. Our Iron Tombs group was fun. Can't wait to do it again.

Currently level 19 Champion. Experimenting with build makers and such...I honestly think I'll have to put 51 points into Champ for my dungeon build. Perhaps even my solo build. They just have so many good tools to install massive hurt. We''ll see.

Also experimenting with different roles. I have a solo and dungeon role now (Champ/Beast/Rift for solo ad Champ/Paragon/Rift for Dungeon) but also thinking about a tank role, support (Warlord) role, pvp role or even a DW DPS role. Who knows. It's fun to experiment! =D

Rubius

Sebulon3k said:
That's a raid boss, probably end boss of Firelands
Ragnaros is a Boss, but this is the new tier of items.
dailyblink10.jpg

Ah woups. No... its actually the boss...
I'm so laughing right now. At least old Ragnaros was imposing...

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Union Carbine said:
I made 13 earlier today but didn't see any soul quests at ye olde trainer. What am I missing?

There are specific NPCs in the capital that have their role under their name like:

Billy
<Druid>

They'll have the quest icon hovering over their head if they offer a soul that you can use.

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah and you can only do one at a time. So, grab one, go close a rift, kill the soul dude after you get the stone, and then rinse and repeat. They're all straight forward and really easy.

Also, please don't delete your character to re-roll with the same class and different souls :lol

Einbroch

Banned
So what level are people? I can't play much because of work and social crap, but holy crap I seem to be leveling really quickly.

1stStrike

Banned
Einbroch said:
So what level are people? I can't play much because of work and social crap, but holy crap I seem to be leveling really quickly.

I'm 25 atm. Seems to be a decent number of people in their 20's now in the guild (7 or 8 by my last count) with the rest in their teens.

It starts out pretty easy till about lvl 36 or 37. Then quests start to get thin and you'll have to rely on warfronts or grinding to supplement some of it (luckily both are very fast xp)

Hawk269

I am such a noob at MMO's.

So yesterday I was fighting in a rift and we beat it. In the center there was this thing with the stuff glowing that i can pick something up. So I did and it said it was a shard piece and I had to take it somewhere. So check out the map and it isa long way off, but no matter what I did I could not use my mount to get to that area. Is this normal or is something I ddi wrong?

Second ?: So I have 3 different soul tree's, whne one othem gives me the option to upgrade lets say it says "will improve effectivness of your heals by 3%". Does this only impove the effectiveness for the heals of that particular soul or for any of the souls I currently have?

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

1stStrike

Banned
Hawk269 said:
I am such a noob at MMO's.

So yesterday I was fighting in a rift and we beat it. In the center there was this thing with the stuff glowing that i can pick something up. So I did and it said it was a shard piece and I had to take it somewhere. So check out the map and it isa long way off, but no matter what I did I could not use my mount to get to that area. Is this normal or is something I ddi wrong?

Second ?: So I have 3 different soul tree's, whne one othem gives me the option to upgrade lets say it says "will improve effectivness of your heals by 3%". Does this only impove the effectiveness for the heals of that particular soul or for any of the souls I currently have?

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

1. That shard is part of a zone-wide event. You can't use your mount after you've picked one up. Follow the arrow on your mini map to return it to the planar reactor (the entire zone has to collect 200 shards to power up the reactor).

2. It applies to that build. So, if you switch from role 1 to role 2 the healing effects from role 1 won't apply unless you use the same soul and put the same amount of points in it to get back up to that.

1stStrike

Banned
Scum said:
What can I do with these artifacts that I keep finding?

Right click it and add it to your collections. Once you have a full set you can turn them in in the home city (meridian on defiants) for lucky coins which can be traded for vanity items such as funny looking hats, pets and down the road some cool mounts.

1stStrike said:
Yeah and you can only do one at a time. So, grab one, go close a rift, kill the soul dude after you get the stone, and then rinse and repeat. They're all straight forward and really easy.

Also, please don't delete your character to re-roll with the same class and different souls :lol
No, no, no, won't be doing that. ;)

I doubt I'll be on anymore today but I'll try to get my souls straightened out tomorrow. Also, I didn't have a chance to send any messages about my guild invite. Any time you get a chance- my guy is "Sargon".

Belfast

Morn said:
This isn't WoW. You also won't be seeing shoulder pads 2x the size of your character with trees and forest animals frolicking around them.

Yeah, we'll see if that holds up an expansion or two in.

Top Bottom