• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rift: Planes of Telara |OT|

1stStrike

Banned
Hey guys, so I hit lvl 50 tonight and did my first raid! Killed a boss with 800k HP and got a pair of epic purple pants out it, so all in all a good night!

It's been a while since I've posted some screenshots, but I HAVE been taking them. So, here they are in all their glory, starting with my character at lvl 50:

2011-03-08_045717.jpg

2011-03-08_045736.jpg

And now, the journey...

2011-02-24_220538.jpg

2011-02-25_162213.jpg

2011-02-28_025438.jpg

2011-02-28_132006.jpg

2011-03-01_034514.jpg

2011-03-01_171133.jpg

2011-03-01_233433.jpg

2011-03-01_235006.jpg

2011-03-01_235012.jpg

2011-03-02_042425.jpg

2011-03-03_143539.jpg

2011-03-04_001113.jpg

2011-03-03_185415.jpg

2011-03-07_150752.jpg

2011-03-07_154406.jpg

2011-03-08_023213.jpg

Ending on my first raid!

Including myself there's now 2 level 50's in the guild with several more in the 40's. We should be able to start up expert dungeons here in a week or so with the way everyone is progressing. Can't wait!

Aon

I bought this earlier tonight, on some weird whim. I hope the world's as interesting to walk around as your screenshots imply :D

1stStrike

Banned
Aon said:
I bought this earlier tonight, on some weird whim. I hope the world's as interesting to walk around as your screenshots imply :D

It really is. You have to get out of the questing tunnel vision though and actually look around. There's hidden puzzles and treasures in every zone and random events - like I followed some NPC who was like "Please, I need your help, my wife has been kidnapped by bandits!" and then I follow him up into the mountains and him and several other bandits jump me and try to (but fail) to kidnap me.

Though, they do succeed in one attempt - I went into a cave to retrieve a treasure and this guy jumps me and takes my kidney (which lead into a quest where I had to get it back lol).

Good times so far. I'm really looking forward to doing all the end-game content!

1stStrike said:
There's hidden puzzles and treasures in every zone and random events - like
I followed some NPC who was like "Please, I need your help, my wife has been kidnapped by bandits!" and then I follow him up into the mountains and him and several other bandits jump me and try to (but fail) to kidnap me.

You should spoiler that, I wish I hadn't just read it. :(

Turning off v-sync pretty much gave me an extra 10fps and much more stable even with super sampling on, pretty decent in rifts. Don't really need it, not getting any tearing.

Morn

Banned
Mentioning RIFT either in-game or on the WoW forums is now bannable. People in Trade chat have been banned for saying they're leaving WoW for it.

Ferny

I havent had a chance to play much lately but I need to get back on my Rift grind. Im lagging behind everyone else in the guild lol.

Morn said:
Mentioning RIFT either in-game or on the WoW forums is now bannable. People in Trade chat have been banned for saying they're leaving WoW for it.

I don't blame Blizzard one bit. I'm sure they're doing it not out of being scared of competition, but out of being completely sick of people throwing it in their face like it's some kind of threat. I think they show great restraint with the WoW community as it is.

blurredvision said:
I don't blame Blizzard one bit. I'm sure they're doing it not out of being scared of competition, but out of being completely sick of people throwing it in their face like it's some kind of threat. I think they show great restraint with the WoW community as it is.

I dunno, seems kinda harsh. It's not profanity or racism or anything like that, and I know they've allowed people to talk about other games in chat and the forums before.

Junior

Banned
Morn said:

Is there any proof of this? I cant see why they would ever do that. As good as rift may be, a good amount of the people who leave WOW for it will probably return to WOW at some point. Something like this would make it so they couldn't.

And as for them banning people for saying this as some method of keeping the hate talk in chat down, that seems kinda bullshit too. I've said some pretty sick, twisted shit in trade chat in my day, and never even been warned. If something like this was bannable, it would be a total game changer.

1stStrike

Banned
They've banned a lot of people for it, but it's usually a short term ban of a few hours to a day and I've heard up to a week, but it's not permanent.

Coverly

Ferny73 said:
I havent had a chance to play much lately but I need to get back on my Rift grind. Im lagging behind everyone else in the guild lol.

Well I'm probably lagging behind you. No matter how many lvls I gain I'm always the lowest level active in the roster!

I'm using the purifier/warden/druid build and it's really good for soloing. Just having the fairy as a backup healer or as a decoy is better than nothing. They did manage to make the ugliest fairy of any game though, that hair is horrible to look at.

Tonight if I have time I think I'll go for a more offensive role combination since most of my time is soloing and basic heals do just fine, then switch to a purifier/warden/sentinel role if i actually group with people.

for levels 20-30, how did you guys handle your weapons and armor? get them mainly through quests, player crafted, action house, or drift drops?

Coverly said:
Well I'm probably lagging behind you. No matter how many lvls I gain I'm always the lowest level active in the roster!

I'm using the purifier/warden/druid build and it's really good for soloing. Just having the fairy as a backup healer or as a decoy is better than nothing. They did manage to make the ugliest fairy of any game though, that hair is horrible to look at.

Tonight if I have time I think I'll go for a more offensive role combination since most of my time is soloing and basic heals do just fine, then switch to a purifier/warden/sentinel role if i actually group with people.

for levels 20-30, how did you guys handle your weapons and armor? get them mainly through quests, player crafted, action house, or drift drops?
Mainly quests and drops from instances. Iron Tombs at your low 20's, Deepstrike mines at mid 20's and then at 28, Foul Cascade. All seem to drop good weapons/armor and don't take much time at all to run through with a group. Anything I didn't get from those places, I made up for with quest items. If you want some help with any of those msg me (Baelzharon) when I am online and I will help you out.

FLEABttn

Banned
Morn said:

In game sounds like FUD. Bans on the WoW forum for saying you're leaving for AoC/Warhammer/LotRO/Rift aren't new.

Ettie

So is the PVP true open-world on the the pvp servers? Attack anyone, noob-gank, form a posse, run for your life pvp?

EDIT: Agreed about the FUD. Retirement threads are bannable on a lot of mmo boards.

Morn

Banned
1stStrike said:
They've banned a lot of people for it, but it's usually a short term ban of a few hours to a day and I've heard up to a week, but it's not permanent.

And it's mostly because some butthurt kid who can't play RIFT reported them.

Hixx

PCs been dead for 2 days (for some reason lowering the voltage to the RAM fixed it. No idea why) so finally gonna get on and get myself started on the American servers as I'm sick of playing alone. Now just to download and get caught up.

Effect

Morn said:

In the forums I can understand. However Trade chat? There are a LOT worse not to mention far more vile things that people should be banned over.

Morn

Banned
Effect said:
In the forums I can understand. However Trade chat? There are a LOT worse not to mention far more vile things that people should be banned over.

A guy in my WoW guild got a three hour time out for doing it in trade chat. Someone asked in trade where everyone was as it wasn't crowded in Stormwind, and he just said "Probably Rift, that's where most of my guild is now." Got a three hour suspension for THAT because someone cried about it.

Coverly said:
I'm sure you're not too far behind me (only level 20 at the moment). If you see me on ("Sargon"), feel free to drop me a line and we can group up for some level-appropriate action.

Coverly

Darkshier said:
Mainly quests and drops from instances. Iron Tombs at your low 20's, Deepstrike mines at mid 20's and then at 28, Foul Cascade. All seem to drop good weapons/armor and don't take much time at all to run through with a group. Anything I didn't get from those places, I made up for with quest items. If you want some help with any of those msg me (Baelzharon) when I am online and I will help you out.

Thanks, I was just wondering what was the norm since the quest items seem good enough. I take it that the only thing to do with gold is to use it to buy crafting materials since you can pretty much buy everything else with the other currency types.

Union Carbine said:
I'm sure you're not too far behind me (only level 20 at the moment). If you see me on ("Sargon"), feel free to drop me a line and we can group up for some level-appropriate action.

Thanks I will. I just hit 20 yesterday. Today i have to do errands like a madman after work but i'm scheduling time for it tomorrow and the next few days.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Morn said:
A guy in my WoW guild got a three hour time out for doing it in trade chat. Someone asked in trade where everyone was as it wasn't crowded in Stormwind, and he just said "Probably Rift, that's where most of my guild is now." Got a three hour suspension for THAT because someone cried about it.
Pretty fucking smooth move by Blizzard if true.

1stStrike

Banned
I did AP and CC today (lvl 48 - 50 dungeons) and damn, they were easy as hell. I'm trying to get a group together so I can try out an expert dungeon and see what the difference in difficulty really is. Like, I was getting sleepy because the dungeons were so easy.

Prodigal

Banned
A good bard seems to be the key in winning most warfronts, moreso when there's two of 'em. Just won a match in Codex and I was surprised how high some of my numbers were, especially considering I was 32 in a 30-40 bracket.

warfront.jpg

I'm almost afraid to play a different role/class in warfronts now because I feel like if there's no bard we're gonna lose!

jersoc

just an fyi, I would suggest you guys change your passwords. I got hacked today and I think ashodin the other day. Many, many others are too. It's incredible they got my info and I'm totally stumped as to how.

It really soured me. I've yet to hear anything back either. This day and age not making an android or iphone auth app is ridiculous. Shit should be mandatory no less.

desverger

Has anyone found a better leveling/burst dps/best overall damage/whatever build for a Warrior than Champion/Paragon? The other souls just seem rubbish in comparison.

This build at 40 seems to do insane amounts of damage.

From the Paragon tree you get:
- +30% ability damage buff
- Follow-up attack for 120% weapon damage
- Ranged attack (Path of the wind)
- Hard hitting interrupt
- 20% Chance to get 1 more Attack Point per ability
- Parry reactive
- Crit/Str buff

Combine this with the awesome burst ability, stuns and overall damage from the Champ tree and the Storm Blade from Riftblade, and you got yourself a raving 2-handed maniac.

If someone could point to me a decent Riftblade build I could be tempted to try that out, but "maining" any other offensive soul (especially Paragon) seems to be very lackluster at the moment.

1stStrike

Banned
1stStrike said:
I did AP and CC today (lvl 48 - 50 dungeons) and damn, they were easy as hell. I'm trying to get a group together so I can try out an expert dungeon and see what the difference in difficulty really is. Like, I was getting sleepy because the dungeons were so easy.

Okay, we just finished like a 4 hour run through Iron Tombs on expert. I'm quoting myself because of the difference in attitude.

HOLY SHIT.

That was hard as fuck. We wiped several times and I'm glad I had 25 toughness going in because that final boss hit me for 4k HP at times (I have just over 8k in tank mode). I spent 5 plat on a rune to add an additional 25 toughness to my breastplate - well worth it as not going in with 50 toughness is insane since the bosses/mobs crit for so much.

All in all really fun. We're going to try and hit up deepspike mines on expert next.

BigAT

desverger said:
Has anyone found a better leveling/burst dps/best overall damage/whatever build for a Warrior than Champion/Paragon? The other souls just seem rubbish in comparison.

- Hard hitting interrupt
- Parry reactive
- Crit/Str buff

Combine this with the awesome burst ability, stuns and overall damage from the Champ tree and the Storm Blade from Riftblade, and you got yourself a raving 2-handed maniac.

If someone could point to me a decent Riftblade build I could be tempted to try that out, but "maining" any other offensive soul (especially Paragon) seems to be very lackluster at the moment.
This is pretty much the exact build I used leveling up and it is indeed quite sick. Open from a distance with PotW, Bull Rush in, Rising Waterfall (3 points), hit the +30% damage then I just mash my macro that has all the reactives and the mob is basically liquified. Your Bloodthrist crit automatically procs Frenzied Strike which guarantees HUGE burst damage.

1stStrike said:
Okay, we just finished like a 4 hour run through Iron Tombs on expert. I'm quoting myself because of the difference in attitude.

HOLY SHIT.

That was hard as fuck. We wiped several times and I'm glad I had 25 toughness going in because that final boss hit me for 4k HP at times (I have just over 8k in tank mode). I spent 5 plat on a rune to add an additional 25 toughness to my breastplate - well worth it as not going in with 50 toughness is insane since the bosses/mobs crit for so much.

All in all really fun. We're going to try and hit up deepspike mines on expert next.
You were still able to tank as a rogue though? That's pretty impressive, even with the added rune. I just made a rifstalker build yesterday and I can see how tough they can be. Still awesome if you able to tank the expert instances though.

I also went with an assassin/rift/bladedancer build for pve. It really does kill single mobs fast and I can see it getting even quicker with more talents into the assassin tree. Just so many abilities to increase your damage. I still miss having all the healing power that a bard offers, but I just need to change my playstyle with the different soul load out. Really liking assassin though, good heads up on that build.

Effect

Hmm. When leveling is it possible for one to keep things really simple by totally focusing on one soul while just using the other soul for stat increases or something similar? Must you use abilities from the other souls? Does the game expect you to do so?

Was something I couldn't figure out totally when I played.

Effect said:
Hmm. When leveling is it possible for one to keep things really simple by totally focusing on one soul while just using the other soul for stat increases or something similar? Must you use abilities from the other souls? Does the game expect you to do so?

Was something I couldn't figure out totally when I played.
Good questions. For me, I will use the abilities of one main tree, for example my bard build or my assassin build. With Bard, I have Riftstalker and Nightblade as my other souls. The only points I spend in those soul trees, are just ones to give me passive stat increases. I rarely use abilities from my 2nd or 3rd soul tree.

You can mix and match any way you want though, it's all up to you and the best part about this game. Here is a link to my bard build to give an example of what I chose to do.
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1Mpci.V.qczoqVszVz.Vh

shoplifter

^^^ Yeah, exactly. On my bard, the only non-bard skills I actually use are the 0pt Riftstalker warp, and the pet/buffs from my Ranger tree. The spare points are all put into the Ranger tree for stat buffs.

My advice would be to mix and match skills where one is strictly better and used in the same situation. There are a few instances of this especially in the warrior trees.

1stStrike

Banned
Darkshier said:
You were still able to tank as a rogue though? That's pretty impressive, even with the added rune. I just made a rifstalker build yesterday and I can see how tough they can be. Still awesome if you able to tank the expert instances though.

I also went with an assassin/rift/bladedancer build for pve. It really does kill single mobs fast and I can see it getting even quicker with more talents into the assassin tree. Just so many abilities to increase your damage. I still miss having all the healing power that a bard offers, but I just need to change my playstyle with the different soul load out. Really liking assassin though, good heads up on that build.

Yeah, I had no issues tanking as a rogue. Wallach was healing and we had a bard in the party for off heals and buffs. Outside of two of the bosses I rarely took much damage except when my healers died :p

Edit: Just wanted to note that I have almost all blues and a purple and runes on all of my equipment so I am really well geared at the moment (they're no epics of course but well above what most people have after just hitting 50). So, that also gives me a bit of an advantage. It really comes down to your gear and skill as a tank. I am concerned about the potential 24% nerf to incoming healing on riftstalkers, though.

Considering that's just a + dungeon and not a ++ dungeon it really has me excited. You collect plaques throughout from beating the bosses and once you have something like 30 - 40 plaques you can trade them in for a piece of high end gear. So, doing these dungeons will get you geared up and ready for Greenscale.

Also, assassin really comes into its own later on down its tree. Glad you're liking it. I'd advise you to focus on phys atk and phys crit if you go all the way for serpent strike. Serpent Strike is quite powerful - crits for around 800 damage for me atm and is an instant ability off the global cooldown. On top of that, my final blow crits for about 1k - 1400 so I can put out some massive DPS in a short time with that combo (and serpent strike can be used every 6 seconds if you keep critting).

Add in reprisal from the bladedancer tree and you have a reactive for when you dodge an attack too. It's a nice combo!

Swag

desverger said:

- Hard hitting interrupt
- Parry reactive
- Crit/Str buff

Sorry that I'm late on this reply, but this is the KING of warrior levelling builds, I was levelling Paragon Champion before then switched to this and saw my experience gain triple. As for Paragon PvE you may wanna try this build

LordAlu

Sebulon3k said:
Sorry that I'm late on this reply, but this is the KING of warrior levelling builds, I was levelling Paragon Champion before then switched to this and saw my experience gain triple. As for Paragon PvE you may wanna try this build
That first one is exactly the build I've been using, and it destroys pretty much everything I've come across.

Chrange

Banned
PVP is becoming a joke. There are usually one or two people sitting in the starter area jumping every couple seconds, but today it was half the team. Tough to win when you're at a 5 man disadvantage.

1stStrike

Banned
Chrange said:
PVP is becoming a joke. There are usually one or two people sitting in the starter area jumping every couple seconds, but today it was half the team. Tough to win when you're at a 5 man disadvantage.

I haven't done much PvP yet, but even at lvl 50 it's not great for us. Defiant's are pretty horrid at pvp on Belmont. I honestly have little ambition to pvp atm though, however I am frustrated by the fact that some of the guild quests are pvp based and at times we are forced into doing pvp quests because there's no pve quests available. Like, the latest pvp quest was to win the codex 35 times - which is a lot considering we maybe win 1 in 10 - 15 codex's o_0

Aon

Ouch. In my admittedly early level bracket (10-19) on Sundawn, the defiant's seem to eb having a fair bit more luck in the Black Guardian, probably winning 70% of the games I've been in. It's weird how these theoretically equal matchups produce such disparate statistics, although I guess that's why we don't all just rely on anecdotal evidence to everything. Sorta makes you want to get a greater sample size and take a look at the demographics which feed into these biases.

Is there any use for duplicate artifacts which only belong to one set? Or would the Auction House Price be pretty low for that stuff? I really love the water rifts and the way that once the rift is sealed, there'll be all this coral and some starfishes left over, atop a thin film of water which covers the ground.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Welcome to Rift Alpha Server!

GENERAL GAMEPLAY
* You can now link locations in chat! Just like other links, shift-right-click your map or minimap while entering chat text. Clicking someone's location link in chat will place a waypoint on your own map.
* You can now swim up using the jump key while also in mouselook mode (default: right mouse button to look around).
* Added a custom error if you cannot use a questgiving item.
* Raid groups roaming across the lands to destroy non-Rift/Invasion content will see lowered experience rewards.

RIFTS AND INVASIONS
* Fixed a bug during Major Rifts where low ranking contributors wouldn't get Planarite. All contributors should receive at least some Planarite.
* Reduced the amount of zone event participation required to earn the rare Sourceshards.
* Experience for appropriately sized groups relative to the difficulty of Rift, Invasion, and Foothold content has been returned to higher amounts as seen previously in Beta.
* Experience for Rift, Invasion, and Foothold content now scales down from these increased levels when very oversized groups are participating – with the net result being that very large groups should see experience values similar to the amounts granted prior to this update. Smaller groups will see increased experience reward.
* Added additional fail-safes to ensure Colossi bosses appear at the end of events.

CULT SAGA
* Links in the pages of the book 'Clever Kehmeh' have been fixed so all seven pages are readable.
* Anthousa Mona and Kaspar Massi have updated character models. Kaspar also has a new voice!
* The necklace rewards for the Epic Cult Saga have had their power increased.

ANCIENT WARDSTONES
* Quests for Ancient Wardstones are now labeled as such in your quest journal.
* After turning in quests at some Ancient Wardstones, a Rare Planar Goods Merchant might appear so you can purchase sweet gear with the currency you just earned.

COMBAT
* Abilities and other effects that increase the duration of other effects now do so before that duration calculation is modified by diminishing returns.
* You can no longer cycle between ranged and melee weapons while casting an ability.

SOULS
* Clerics: Fixed a bug causing some procced heals to consume effects that modify next heal.

ARCHON
* Ashen Defense: Corrected the debuff tooltip to match the ability description.

ASSASSIN
* Expose Weakness: Fixed a bug so that the charges of this ability are only consumed by physical damage effects. Also fixed so this correctly adds extra damage.
* Poison Malice: Removed from global cooldown. Now costs 25 Energy to activate.

BARD
* Deafening Music: This ability now updates the tooltip damage numbers for Coda of Fury and Coda of Wrath.
* Virtuoso: Removed from global cooldown. Now costs 25 Energy to activate.
* Coda of Cowardice: Debuff should now be in the same stacking group as the Archon's Ashen Defense and the Shaman's Vengeance of the Piercing Cold.

BLADEDANCER
* Dancing Steel: Fixed so that it includes immunity to knockback when active.
* Blade Tempo, Blade and Soul Parity, Dualism, Double Coup: Removed from global cooldown. These now cost 25 Energy to activate.

CHLOROMANCER
* Entropic Veil: Will no longer be overwritten by less effective buffs.

DRUID
* Satyr: Reduced size of the model; it's now approximate in size to a Bahmi.

ELEMENTALIST
* Icy Carapace: Fixed an issue with the ability description and debuff tooltip. They now correctly show damage values.

INFILTRATOR [PvP]
* Fixed a number of ability tooltip issues.

INQUISITOR
* Soul Drain: No longer applies Clinging Spirit without the caster having spent any points on that ability. Changed tooltip to better indicate that this is a player-based area of effect ability.
* Bolt of Judgment: Fixed the Spell Power contribution on ranks 1-9.
* Clinging Spirit: Fixed the tooltip to reflect that this only increases magical damage taken.
* Life and Death Concord: Description now properly indicates that the effect may not occur again for 6 seconds, rather than 8.

JUSTICAR
* Righteous Mandate: No longer blocks itself from being recast on the same target.
* Doctrine of Loyalty: Rank 5 now properly removes a Conviction.

MARKSMAN
* Hit and Run, Controlled Fire, Close Quarters Combat, and Fire and Forget: Removed from global cooldown. Now cost 25 Energy to activate.
* Quick Reload: Removed from global cooldown.
* Retreat: Should now put you 20 meters back from your current location at use.
* Lightning Fury: Fixed a tooltip error so it properly indicates that this reduces armor by a fixed value, instead of a percentage. Tooltip also now updates when spending points in Collateral Damage.
* Fan Out: Tooltip now updates when you add points into Collateral Damage.
* On the Double, Gateway: The additional effect making you immune to Snares and Roots (when you've purchased Gateway) is now displayed on On the Double.

NECROMANCER
* Skeletal Zealot: Fixed ranks 1, 2, 4, and 5 to properly respawn if it was alive when the owner died in a Warfront.

NIGHTBLADE
* Fell Blades: Healing debuff should now be in the same stacking group as the Druid's Spiteful Spirit.
* Ebon Fury: Taken off of global cooldown. Now costs 25 energy to activate.

PALADIN
* Balance of Power, Tip the Balance: Fixed an issue where these were being additionally affected by Attack Power, making the heal amount greater than it should have been.

PURIFIER
* Searing Transfusion: Will no longer consume effects that don't actually modify it, such as Flashover, Enflamed Rejuvenation, or Greater Empowerment.
* Life of the Era: Fixed the tooltip to clear up confusion with the radius appearing to be the buff value.
* Fiery Blessing: No longer triggers the global cooldown, as the tooltip already claimed it did.

PYROMANCER
* Heat Wave, Internalize Charge: Will no longer be overwritten by less effective buffs.
* Withering Flames: Increased damage.

RANGER
* Fleeting Instinct: Fixed so that it doesn't cause stealth to break when active.
* Master Huntsman: Fixed a spelling error in ability description.
* Track Beasts, Track Humanoids: Updated the tooltips to indicate that only one tracking ability can be active at a time.

REAVER
* Crest of the Abyss: Now properly applies its armor buff.

RIFTSTALKER
* Boosted Recovery: The incoming healing bonus has been reduced to 2-6%, down from 10-30%, to be in line with the Warlord ability Figurehead.
* Ruthless Stalker, Rift Barrier, Freedom of Movement, Hasted Time: No longer causes Stealth to break when using Shadow Shift, Shadow Stalk, Shadow Warp, and Flashback.
* Stalker Phase: No longer causes Stealth to break when using Shadow Stalk.
* Track Air Rifts: Updated the tooltip to indicate that only one tracking ability can be active at a time.

SABOTEUR
* Carpet Bombing: Taken off of global cooldown. Now costs 25 Energy to activate.
* Rapid Setup: Removed from global cooldown.
* Annihilation Bomb: Should now deal damage if the enemy is immune to stuns instead of failing both damage and stun components.
* Track Constructs: Updated the tooltip to indicate that only one tracking ability can be active at a time.

SHAMAN
* Frozen Earth: No longer stacks with other snares.
* Courage of the Bear: Fixed the tooltip to include restriction of only maintaining one Courage at a time.
* Bitter Wind: Tooltip now explains that this ability does not trigger a global cooldown.
* Lightning Hammer: Fixed Rank 7's tooltip.
* Endless Winter: Will now show the icon with Show Ability Icons option enabled.
* Brutalize: Updated the icon to actually look like a bleed effect instead of using the same icon as Massive Blow.

STORMCALLER
* Arctic Blast: Now has a 20 second cooldown.
* Improved Electrocute: Now properly affects the cooldown of Electrocute.

TEMPLAR [PvP]
* Echoes of Ascension: Now also restores 20% mana.
* Blessing of the Stone, Creeping Remedy, Little Off the Top: All of these will now correctly appear with Show Ability Icons setting enabled.

VOID KNIGHT
* Discharge: To better fit with desired usage, Discharge has a few new changes. Cooldown has been changed to 8 seconds. Damage reduced to come in line with other large-hit abilities. The Damage effect is now increased by Attack Power, to scale better with characters and gear.
* Singularity: Tooltip now displays the correct durations for each Attack Point.
* Rift Summon: Fixed tooltip.
* Quality Care: Clarified the tooltip on this ability to help explain it better.

WARDEN
* Healing Cataract: Fixed a bug causing the mana cost to be calculated as a single-target heal rather than a raid heal.
* Crushing Wave: Range reduced to 20 meters.
* Overflow: Now with more actual heals!

WARLORD
* Intercept: Can now be used on allies that are behind the Warlord.
* Aspect of the Elements: Power cost changed to match with other Aspects.
* Empowered Strike: Threat generation has been increased to match Leader's Mark.

ZONES

DROUGHTLANDS
* Podoxavus is no longer quite so spammy on death.

FREEMARCH
* There is a new porticulum at Knight's Stand to make travel around Freemarch easier. We also added a path from one side of Smith's Haven to the other.
* Washed Away: Reduced Mayor Jerrin's respawn time.
* I Heard a Storm Was Coming: Reduced the Fathomlord's respawn time.
* No Mercy for the Merciless: Reduced Iriri the Merciless' respawn time.
* Burning Down the Hill: Increased the number of tents that can be set on fire, and decreased the respawn of kerosene urns. Decreased general frustration level by 80%.

IRON PINE PEAKS
* Fixed a missing quest - Protector of Your Weak - in the Guardian quest flow.

MERIDIAN
* Removed the obsolete reagent vendor. These were not the items you were looking for.

MOONSHADE HIGHLANDS
* Hammerlord Post has more generally 'interesting' things going on in it.
* Polish to loot tables for Rift events.

SCARLET GORGE
* The Living and the Dead: Now with voiceover!

SCARWOOD REACH
* In the Blighted Pit, characters with pets should no longer aggro Gnarlbone while he is still behind his energy field.
* Rift - Eaters of the Dead: The Sable Broodmother should now be killable.

SILVERWOOD
* The Uncovered Grave that can occasionally be found in Treant's Grove is now home to some Undead who don't particularly like their crypt being disturbed.

STILLMOOR
* Death faction NPCs are now friendly with their buddies, the Death Rift NPCs.

STONEFIELD
* Rift - Deepstrike Summons: Skarn in this Rift event no longer have extra health and damage boosts.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Water, Life, Death, and Air Raid Rifts are now available.
* Fixed Raid readycheck behavior. Indicators will now clear properly when leaving a group. Failing a readycheck now has a sound effect.
* Fixed a bug with parties disbanding and reforming inside an instance not being properly joined to that instance.

ABYSSAL PRECIPICE
* Iceclaw Skuttler's Shell Shock no longer crits, and has reduced damage.

FALL OF LANTERN HOOK
* Rorf's Infected Wound should now properly remove when the target reaches full health.

KING’S BREACH
* Flesheater Autoch’s Wounding Charge now deals less damage.

RUNIC DESCENT
* A number if item drops in this zone were set to an incorrect level. These have been corrected and items upgraded to match with their new, proper level requirement.
* Eliam the Corrupted: Fixed a bug where Wretched Souls were not casting Wretched Union during this encounter.

PVP/WARFRONTS
* Whitefall Steppes: If you manage to get the other team's Sourcestone into your own starting area, it will return to its spawn point.
* Rewards from Warfront quests no longer have a required level to use.
* Embrace the End: Quest now rewards The Moribund notoriety, instead of Eldritch Seekers.
* Quests that require winning 5 matches of a given Warfront no longer give multiple updates for each member of the raid who is on the quest.

CRAFTING
* Expert Dungeons now drop recipes for Apothecary and Runecrafting.
* Parchment and Vellum recipes are once again available from any Artificer Trainer.
* Planar faction merchants now have new Runecrafting recipes. These include Planar resistance runes and, in some cases, unique-flagged Planar runes.
* Recipes purchased from Planar faction merchants can no longer be resold for silver.
* The Runecrafting Artisan Store now offers some new Master level recipes. Pure stat runes for weapons and three unique Planar runes have recipes for sale.
* The Apothecary recipes offered by the Arcane Hand, Dragonslayer Covenant, Order of Mathos, and Icewatch have been changed. Heroic Manasurge Vial, Heroic Fortified Vial, and Heroic Enduring Vials have been removed. New recipes for Heroic Warding Potion, Heroic Philter of Power, Sheepish Concoction, and Exalted Bottle of Tricks have been added in their place.
* Removed faction requirement to purchase Runecrafting and Apothecary Artisan recipe scrolls.
* Fixed an issue where the Light Seafoam Dye recipe scroll required 90 skill to use instead of 110, which was the recipe's actual requirement to craft.
* The Favor quartermasters in Meridian and Sanctum now offer Runecrafting recipes for Valorous Runes.
* Fixed an issue where Rugged Fabric was not combining properly into Processed Cloth.
* Updated Riding Chaps, Insoles, Padding, and Whetstones. All of these temporary items now have a duration of four hours, rather than 5-30 minutes.
* Recipe for Ceremonial Visage now requires Stillmoor-appropriate drops instead of Iron Pine drops.
* Soft Tissue Boots can now be Runebroken.
* Werewolves can now be Butchered.
* Renamed Icebound Tear to Icebound Heart.
* All items sold from Vendors can no longer be Salvaged or broken down with Runebreaking.

ITEMS
* Fixed a bug causing some items to reset their cooldowns when teleporting or logging out and in.
* Potions that grant Charge now display what they're modifying in the combat log.
* Iron Claw Shooter: Fixed so it boosts Attack Power instead of Spell Power.
* Amphibious Brew: Corrected duration to 8 minutes.
* The PvP reward, Diminishing Helm: This was improperly set as a breastplate. Fixed it to go on your head instead.

GRAPHICS AND AUDIO
* Changed overhead PvP Quest icons to be color coded based on faction.
* Added new PvP mouse cursors.
* Fixed missing projectile effect on Flame Spear.
* Improved lighting for more natural-looking character skin.
* Updated a bunch of Soul ability sounds.
* The 'UI Volume' slider no longer affects non-environmental background noise anymore.
* Additional volume mix tuning for relative loudness/quietness of audio.
* The camera should work better with underwater clipping, making it so you aren't seeing above and below water at the same time.

COMMANDS AND MACROS
* When replying to a tell, you can now hit Tab to cycle through names of people you’ve recently received /tells from.
* The macro system now supports the /suppressmacrofailures command, which will block the "Can only cast one ability per macro" and other messages generated by any commands following the /suppressmacrofailures entry.
* A macro's #show will now work after training up ranks in a #show'n ability.
* Fixed mousebutton 3, 4, and 5 + a keyboard modifier key (SHIFT, ALT, CTRL) not working very well when bound to an action bar.
* Also fixed mousebutton 3, 4, and 5 hiding the cursor.
* /wink correctly prints the wink emote text, rather than /flirt's.
* Substitution tokens such as %t, %R, etc, now work in /tweets.

UI/SETTINGS
* You can now set how many quests to track on-screen at once (up to 10) by changing the setting in the Interface -> Display category.
* The mouse cursor should now correctly change to the glowing or greyed out gauntlet to indicate whether you can cast a spell on a ground target, Salvage, or Runebreak.
* The Auction House now properly saves and displays the duration of the last posted auction.
* Planar Augments are now removed from the Crafting display after they’ve been used to create an item.
* Moved quest log indicators to the correct location for quests that group members are also on.
* Friend login/logout messages are now displayed in the chat window. Added an option under Social settings to toggle these notifications.
* Edit Layout mode: It's now possible to enter decimal points into the scale/alpha setting boxes.
* Additional Edit Layout improvements.
* Mount icons on toolbars will now properly grey out when inside instances.
* We also display a better error message when you're blocked from mounting in an area, rather than 'Invalid Target'.
* Added support for additional Turkish chat characters.

notes from test server

TheExodu5

Banned
Looks like just bug fixes so far.

In terms of balance, they need to fix the Purifier up a bit. Healing Flame is the most useless skill in the game.

Wallach

TheExodu5 said:

In terms of balance, they need to fix the Purifier up a bit. Healing Flame is the most useless skill in the game.

Overall, they're one of the more effective healing souls Clerics have. Healing Flame isn't a particularly good heal, for sure. But, from a total soul standpoint I think Sentinel needs a lot more work than Purifier/Warden.

1stStrike

Banned
We just finished our 2nd run through IT expert. Went a lot smoother this time and we cleared it in about 2 hours or so. About to attempt Lantern Hook on expert now, so I'll let you know how that goes!

Also, we have 4 lvl 50's in the guild now - a rogue, a cleric, a warrior and a mage - pretty nice spread! Should have a few more 50's here in the next week and then we'll be doing experts pretty much nightly.

desverger

Sebulon3k said:

The reaver-riftblade build is exactly something I've been looking for, great. Although I guess it only works properly at around 40 for AoE leveling. Still, it's looking good!

At my level, it comes close to single target damage of Champion/Paragon, but not as close. The healing ticks from Reaver are helping a lot.

1stStrike

Banned
Okay, so we finished latern hook on expert. It was actually easier then IT expert IMO. There was a pretty crazy party (i'm not going to spoil it) that had us freaking out though. I can't wait to try out some of the others.

I'm going to be putting together a compilation of strategies for the bosses on the LC forums soon-ish as we complete them. There's a lot of misinformation out there and it's lead to wipes because we followed it and found that it was stupid.

Also, I got my first tier 1 epic gear. Bought some gloves since my chest plate is pretty much almost equal to what's there already. I'm going to get the shoulders next followed by the belt (30 plaques each) and then the boots. I'll hold off on the helm and chest plate till tier 2 probably as those are a much better upgrade.

TheExodu5 said:

And some damn good fixes at that. I'm only up to level 16, but the only thing I've found so far that I consider really broken was water travel and camera. Looks like they're fixing both of those. Swimming should function a lot better and the camera should stay underwater, both are MUCH welcome.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
On the 28th I put up a ticket on the Support page of their website regarding my connection problems during Rifts and Warfronts.

They still haven't answered me, despite multiple updates with all the information I could provide them.

Such a fucking joke. I'm so out of here.

Top Bottom