• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rift: Planes of Telara |OT|

1stStrike

Banned
BrettWeir said:
Interesting. For the mounts, do you know if you are forced to do the instance to obtain it? Like plaque accumulation for gear?

I mainly just want some daggers/bow. At the moment, mine are trash (under 20 dps), and have less than a plat......

Reason I ask about instance, is I have yet to do a single one, as the guild I'm in is slow as hell leveling. Getting a pug is like pulling teeth.

What server are you on? We have like 14 lvl 50's and usually run 1 - 2 expert groups a day knocking out several dungeons. I know a bunch of them are usually doing expert rifts too.

The mounts are rewarded during the event and the lvl 50 one is only available as a drop in the raid which opens on the 9th (the entire event leads up to it). So, you basically need to raid on the 9th in order to obtain it - however, it WILL still drop afterward within that raid dungeon, but will be much harder to come by.

As far as daggers/bows... they're out there. You can get a pretty pimp gun from LH off trash mobs or a really nice bow from RD on expert. The last two bosses in IT also drop great weapons and there are several more location too... but yeah, they're hard to come by. I've run IT dozens of times and seen the dagger drop off the last boss only once - and lost it to a random bard who just needed on it for the hell of it (it's got 20 end and is great for tanking rogues... he's just bard/dps).

BrettWeir

Ugh. Sucks about the bard getting the dagger.

I'm on Sunrest. Guardian. Should have rolled on the server you all are on. It find a different guild.

Thx for the info.

1stStrike

Banned
BrettWeir said:
Ugh. Sucks about the bard getting the dagger.

I'm on Sunrest. Guardian. Should have rolled on the server you all are on. It find a different guild.

Thx for the info.

Well, if you ever want to roll an alt (we could use more mages as we only have 4 really active high level mages currently) feel free to join up on Belmont.

BrettWeir

1stStrike said:
Well, if you ever want to roll an alt (we could use more mages as we only have 4 really active high level mages currently) feel free to join up on Belmont.

I may just do that. Not really enjoying my rogue at the moment, so leveling another toon is in order anyhow.

jersoc

1stStrike said:
What server are you on? We have like 14 lvl 50's and usually run 1 - 2 expert groups a day knocking out several dungeons. I know a bunch of them are usually doing expert rifts too.

The mounts are rewarded during the event and the lvl 50 one is only available as a drop in the raid which opens on the 9th (the entire event leads up to it). So, you basically need to raid on the 9th in order to obtain it - however, it WILL still drop afterward within that raid dungeon, but will be much harder to come by.

As far as daggers/bows... they're out there. You can get a pretty pimp gun from LH off trash mobs or a really nice bow from RD on expert. The last two bosses in IT also drop great weapons and there are several more location too... but yeah, they're hard to come by. I've run IT dozens of times and seen the dagger drop off the last boss only once - and lost it to a random bard who just needed on it for the hell of it (it's got 20 end and is great for tanking rogues... he's just bard/dps).

fffuuuu, why did i say i would on the 9th :(

Noreturn

I just bought the game. Still haven't picked out a class yet. Probably will end up joining the gaf guild. Any suggestions would be appreciated, finally gave up on wow after playing it since its release.

1stStrike

Banned
Noreturn said:
I just bought the game. Still haven't picked out a class yet. Probably will end up joining the gaf guild. Any suggestions would be appreciated, finally gave up on wow after playing it since its release.

Play whatever you think you'll enjoy. All of the classes are quite diverse and allow you to fulfill multiple rolls. Truthfully, I feel like rogue is the most diverse, though. I can play a bard, a stealthy assassin, a ranged DPS, I can have a pet, or I can main tank for a raid. It's pretty awesome IMO.

So... I've been playing WoW since it came out, and I have an 85 Feral Druid atm. I'm really bored of wow though, mainly due to the fact that I have to wait like 30 minutes for an instance. Does this game have a similar grouping system or what? My friend left WoW to play this game, and he seems pretty happy about it, but I don't want to drop money into the game if it's going to be a 30 minute wait for a dungeon at endgame.

1stStrike

Banned
StickSoldier said:
So... I've been playing WoW since it came out, and I have an 85 Feral Druid atm. I'm really bored of wow though, mainly due to the fact that I have to wait like 30 minutes for an instance. Does this game have a similar grouping system or what? My friend left WoW to play this game, and he seems pretty happy about it, but I don't want to drop money into the game if it's going to be a 30 minute wait for a dungeon at endgame.

There's no LFD system or anything. You just grab some people and run to a dungeon. I never really have to wait though. I just login, grab some people and we go.

I just got an email from Trion that says I can invite up to 5 people to play for free this weekend.
Being as none of my friends are intrested I'll post the code here.

Code : CWTQ-XD7P-7XCW-KHTR-K2GW
Instructions: www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally

Have fun with it.

Do tanks ever get any kind of defensive cooldowns? So far as a healer I've been the one picking them up and asides from a quick full heal, most tanks I've run with haven't had anything (only 37 atm). I'm having mixed feelings about this so far, sometimes it's better the healer decide when to use the abilities, but sometimes I can't stop casting to take the time to hit a cooldown.

erragal

spandexmonkey said:
Do tanks ever get any kind of defensive cooldowns? So far as a healer I've been the one picking them up and asides from a quick full heal, most tanks I've run with haven't had anything (only 37 atm). I'm having mixed feelings about this so far, sometimes it's better the healer decide when to use the abilities, but sometimes I can't stop casting to take the time to hit a cooldown.

It may have a lot to do with your level, and the type of tanks you're running with. As a justicar, my two major tanking cooldowns are at 38 and 44 in the roots of my tanking tree, so I wouldn't have even had them at that point (Though I had some smaller ones that can give the healer a second before then).

For warriors, it's possible they don't have any because their points are split between multiple trees for better overall mitigation but a lack of emergency abilities in the mid levels.

Rogues don't really have an excuse because the bladedancer dodge cooldown is easily accessible to a Riftstalker tank early on.

Also, you could be playing with bad tanks.

xerxesiani said:
I just got an email from Trion that says I can invite up to 5 people to play for free this weekend.

Have fun with it.

Thanks, signed up as well. I tried to register the waifu also but it said all the codes were used up. :(

I played during open beta but didn't experience enough of the game to make a good purchase decision. If anyone has another code the waifu can use, please PM me.

Thanks!

ACE 1991

While I'm certainly grateful that you posted the code, next time you might want to consider sending it via PM so only gaffers not lurkers get to redeem it =)

LowParry

1stStrike said:

There's actually a good bow and dagger out of FC. The Bow is off one of the starting bosses, and the dagger off the final. Still working to get my second one. :)

Sidenote: 1st, what are your thoughts of going into ToR? Are you sticking with Rift or...?

Sidenote 2: Considering moving over to the Belmont server and playing out a Mage class. Not too sure on it yet though.

1stStrike

Banned
CcrooK said:
There's actually a good bow and dagger out of FC. The Bow is off one of the starting bosses, and the dagger off the final. Still working to get my second one. :)

Sidenote: 1st, what are your thoughts of going into ToR? Are you sticking with Rift or...?

Sidenote 2: Considering moving over to the Belmont server and playing out a Mage class. Not too sure on it yet though.

I am not really a star wars fan at all. Some people in the guild have expressed interest in it and if there's enough that go play it then I'll probably check it out just to be able to hang with the same guys. But, I'm planning on sticking with Rift - the way things are going I'm pretty happy with it.

xerxesiani said:

Have fun with it.

Forgot to post this but thanks for the code. Used it on my account and I'm almost done updating. I've been waiting to try this out as my internet connection was out during the beta periods.

Anyone have another Ally code they could PM me? I'd owe ya for life!

I'm really interested in this game, but just don't have to cash to drop on it and it end up not being for me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
BrettWeir said:
Started a mage on Belmont lastnight. Not liking it so far.......but anything in MMOs suck in the early levels.

Is it the Mage class that you dislike or the game itself?

KaYotiX

Banned
Loving the GaF guild, Rift is a blast and here for all the lurkers who have been wanting to try Rift i have 5 codes also, just PM me.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damnit, bought my copy a few days ago after listening to a firend gush endlessly about this. Was hoping for a free weekend or trial of some sorts, and of course the next day they start giving them out.

Received an email from Trion about my account hack:

Greetings Ascended,

Our goal here at Trion is to deliver the highest quality games and a superior customer experience.

Recently, you had to wait through an exceptional delay during the processing of your request for support — a delay that did not and will not meet our high bar for responsiveness. For that, you have our sincere apologies.

This is not the experience that you should expect from Trion Worlds. To help make up for the delay, we have:

* Credited your account 30 days of play time.
* Bestowed via in-game mail, to all your current and future characters, a full set of the special RIFT pre-order bonus weapon enchant runes that you may not have had previously.

No action is required on your end. These items and days of play time have already been added to your Trion Worlds account.

We know this does not entirely make up for the frustration you have encountered, but this is our way of thanking you for your patience.

Appreciate the effort.

Mothman91

Can anyone PM me a code? Want to try something else besides WoW for an mmorpg. And any tips to make the game experience easier? Anything would help!

J-Rzez

spandexmonkey said:
Received an email from Trion about my account hack:

Appreciate the effort.

These guys are first-class through and through. It's refreshing to see a dev in this segment actually care about and react to their playerbase.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mothman91 said:
Can anyone PM me a code? Want to try something else besides WoW for an mmorpg. And any tips to make the game experience easier? Anything would help!

Sent!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Blackheim said:
Have a code to give out, send a PM if you'd like to have it :)

Spoken for!

Remember, a single code can be redeemed five times!

Mothman91

So a few questions before I download this game later.
1. I want to play along with gaf so what realm should I go to for the gaf guild because I know I can trust gaf when it comes to trying out new games.
2. I heard the codes are just for 1-4th? Is that true?
3. Finally, if I do get into this game casually, whats the price on gametime, etc?

Fixed1979

3 code uses for GAF available, PM to receive. No reason for you not to play this game!

Mothman91 said:
So a few questions before I download this game later.
1. I want to play along with gaf so what realm should I go to for the gaf guild because I know I can trust gaf when it comes to trying out new games.
2. I heard the codes are just for 1-4th? Is that true?
3. Finally, if I do get into this game casually, whats the price on gametime, etc?

1. Belmont
2. 10am PDT April 1, 2011 through 10am PDT April 4, 2011
3. $14.99 per month for month by month - I don't think they still have early bird. I'm signed on @ $9.99/month.

EDIT:
MONTHLY
$14.99 /month
$14.99
Billed every month

3-MONTH
$12.99 /month
$38.97
Billed every 3 months

6-MONTH
$10.99 /month
$65.94
Billed every 6 mon

TheExodu5

Banned
Greetings Ascended,

Our goal here at Trion is to deliver the highest quality games and a superior customer experience.

Recently, you had to wait through an exceptional delay during the processing of your request for support — a delay that did not and will not meet our high bar for responsiveness. For that, you have our sincere apologies.

This is not the experience that you should expect from Trion Worlds. To help make up for the delay, we have:

* Credited your account 30 days of play time.
* Bestowed via in-game mail, to all your current and future characters, a full set of the special RIFT pre-order bonus weapon enchant runes that you may not have had previously.

No action is required on your end. These items and days of play time have already been added to your Trion Worlds account.

We know this does not entirely make up for the frustration you have encountered, but this is our way of thanking you for your patience.

Please know that Trion Customer Service will continue working tirelessly through our support requests. Between recently expanded Customer Support staffing and improvements in our own tools, we are on track to resolve matters more quickly in the future.

I want to personally thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds, and I hope you continue to enjoy RIFT.

Best regards,

Craig P.
Director of Customer Service & QA
Trion Worlds

Nice.

Wallach

TheExodu5 said:
Yup, lol.

Support was really fast too! Got all my stuff back within around an hour.

Wow, nice. I don't think Belmont ever had a turn around time like that.

Almost worth it considering you just got another free month! :lol

Wallach

TheExodu5 said:
So where are people getting these trial codes? I want to give one to a friend.

Showed up in my e-mail.

If you don't get one soon you can just PM me (or now, whatever) and I'll send you mine. They have 5 uses.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I got the hacked email too. Was nice of them because their service was truly shit in my case. =/

Problem is, I'm a Warrior and trying to find any intelligent insight into the Warrior souls post 1.1 is like...shooting myself. =/

Top Bottom