• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rift: Planes of Telara |OT|

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I hate to pile on asking for handouts, but I'm really genuinely curious about Rift. Haven't played WoW since '08 and am kinda looking to MMO it up again. Could I possibly get PM'd with a trial code as well? It'd much appreciated.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm about to log off so I'll just leave a code here for a trial.

NEMM-XFGH-GP93-JM2J-XW2Q

If a member claims it, they should say so just in case.

Give the game a shot. It put my backlog off indefinitely, so addictive.

desverger

Kintaro said:
Problem is, I'm a Warrior and trying to find any intelligent insight into the Warrior souls post 1.1 is like...shooting myself. =/

My warrior is doing fine post 1.1. I have two nice DPS builds - a 44 Paragon build with secondary Champion for the heal debuff, better aoe, added str and escape ability. Then I have a 44 Riftblade build for the BoEA, with a secondary paragon for faster combo point generation, rising waterfall, crit buff and SLI (SLI is sweet now that it's off the GCD). If you want, a Champ/Para build is still very viable.

For tanking, I just ditched Reaver completely. I went Paladin/Void Knight/Warlord, and I'm doing the aoe tanking with VK's Ragestorm. The armor buff from VK does wonders for mitigation. It's not the best all-around mitigation build but works so far - I'm not 50 yet, so I haven't tanked any of the experts - might have to readjust when I get to that point.

1stStrike

Banned
CC is even worse now after the patch. We were getting this message saying that we weren't a member of the party that was currently in the dungeon any time we were rez'd about 3/4 of the way through. Someone ran out to heal and couldn't get back in. We ended up having to dissolve the party, reset the instance (doesn't fully reset it since it's an expert) and then reform the party. At that point we were able to get back in and continue.

I think we spent about 3 hours on the last boss. She's glitchy as hell still, and it appears that in patch 1.1 they applied no fixes to her whatsoever. We got the fight down and were doing well, getting to the 3rd round when after the 3rd lightning strike she picks everyone up and throws them. She's only supposed to do it after 4 and has never done it on the 3rd rotation before...

Fucking CC, man. That entire instance is all kinds of fucked up and the daily quest is going to be something I skip whenever that one comes up until they fix it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
desverger said:
My warrior is doing fine post 1.1. I have two nice DPS builds - a 44 Paragon build with secondary Champion for the heal debuff, better aoe, added str and escape ability. Then I have a 44 Riftblade build for the BoEA, with a secondary paragon for faster combo point generation, rising waterfall, crit buff and SLI (SLI is sweet now that it's off the GCD). If you want, a Champ/Para build is still very viable.

For tanking, I just ditched Reaver completely. I went Paladin/Void Knight/Warlord, and I'm doing the aoe tanking with VK's Ragestorm. The armor buff from VK does wonders for mitigation. It's not the best all-around mitigation build but works so far - I'm not 50 yet, so I haven't tanked any of the experts - might have to readjust when I get to that point.

Yeah, I'm level 49 so I'm thinking level 50 here.

glaurung

Rolled a new rogue ranger/marksman/saboteur and dinged a bit last night.

So now that I am out of the beginner area, what tradeskills should I get if I want to craft proper armor for meself?

What should I get if I want to craft bows/rifles?

The three tradeskill thing confuses me.

Sappy113

Ricker said:
I also have a code for the weekend try out(1st to 4th),that`s good 5 times,first to quote this gets it...

I'd really appreciate a chance to give it a spin. Would like to get back into a MMO.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
glaurung said:
Rolled a new rogue ranger/marksman/saboteur and dinged a bit last night.

So now that I am out of the beginner area, what tradeskills should I get if I want to craft proper armor for meself?

What should I get if I want to craft bows/rifles?

The three tradeskill thing confuses me.

For Leather Armor, you pick up Outfitter with like Mining/Butchering.
For Bows/Rifles, you pick up Weaponsmithing with Mining/Foraging.

SkyTurkey

Neo Member
Ricker said:
I also have a code for the weekend try out(1st to 4th),that`s good 5 times,first to quote this gets it...

I haven't received a trial code yet. I'd really like to spend the weekend trying out Rift.

Edit: I was to slow. If anybody else has a code can you please PM me.

Sykotik

The friend I was waiting on didn't receive a code to share, so I'm out of luck for that route. If anyone could PM a code, I'd appreciate it.

J-Rzez

Is there a legit-safe resource website for this game? Something with discussion of specs, rotations, stat weights. Something that won't log-mah-keyz as well?

Wes

venison crêpe
Heavy said:
Where do I download the client for the trial? I created an account and applied the code successfully.

And thanks rickers and rikitk

I'm pretty sure there are instructions on the page where you insert the code.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
dorkimoe said:
Dont wanna gunk up the thread with code begging, but i am also on the fence for this game. Really want a trial.

I think this code is basically unlimited use:

EZTC-NJJF-GQT7-EQNL-ZXCH

Here's a multi-use code for our Allies of the Ascended weekend event! EZTC-NJJF-GQT7-EQNL-ZXCH. Let us know what you do with it! ^Zann

Posted on their twitter.

Can't wait to try this. The download is 8.61 GB for those wondering. Gonna take about an hour for me which is perfect because I have class for the next hour. See you online!!!!!!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Heavy said:
Can't wait to try this. The download is 8.61 GB for those wondering. Gonna take about an hour for me which is perfect because I have class for the next hour. See you online!!!!!!

Add another gig or two for patching after.

For everyone that is on the fence with this game, buy it now!

I too needed an mmo addiction and though it borrows most of it's mechanics and concepts from wow, the amazing graphics, deep character customization, and fun of this game are WELL worth it.

Get it!

Also: pm me for my friend code.

dorkimoe

scorpscarx said:
For everyone that is on the fence with this game, buy it now!

I too needed an mmo addiction and though it borrows most of it's mechanics and concepts from wow, the amazing graphics, deep character customization, and fun of this game are WELL worth it.

Get it!

Also: pm me for my friend code.

Going to make a warrior champion. Good idea?

dorkimoe said:
Going to make a warrior champion. Good idea?

I'm not really sure about Warrior souls, but champion is one of the good ones.

It doesn't really matter because whatever souls you choose, you can reset the points at any time, get 7 more souls to chooses from with a TON of skills.

When you play Rift, you naturally experiment and it also tells you recommendations on playstyles.

BrettWeir

I wish Trion would make it so BOP items were only "Need" voted by the classes that can use them. A pretty good Purple 29.2 dagger (Str, Dex, End, Attk) just dropped off of a player in Port Scion, to end up in a Mage's hands. (before servers went down, that is)

Hoping this patch makes ward stones a solid object. Right now, a player can hide "inside" them, and is completely untargetable, even with tab targeting.

Soroc

I'm pretty curious about this game and wouldn't mind a code either if any fellow kind gaffer has one please send me a pm!

LowParry

Einbroch said:
There's nothing wrong with Rogues, except the fact that there are eighty billion of them. :p

Nothing but Sabos. Which makes for a good ranged Soul when you need it for bosses, but over all, it's all about he Sins (which I play).

It took me a while to figure this out so I hope this statement helps some new Rift players.

Ignore the whole 4 classes thing.

There is a pool of 32 classes, and at any one time you can be one of four specs, each with a mixture of 3 classes each.

O yeah: and make your character short, else it will feel like your in permanent slow-motion!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
FEL3-X23X-CZ3L-9N7H-YY2R
usable 25 times

and
GC9F-WC39-HMXP-ZC76-NTZK
3 uses left :)

have fun, gaf ^^

Leatherface

I just wanted to jump in here quickly to say that I finally decided to give this game a try with the free trial that's going on right now. As a long time (and burnt out) WOW player, I've been constantly looking for something new that is just as great as WOW (in it's own way) but not WOW. I've jumped on board with seemingly everything in the past few years from Conan, to Warhammer, LOTRO, AION and each one one of these games (though all have had some good ideas), have failed hard and have basically been a waste of time and money.

Enter RIFT. This game seemingly came out of no where and had zero hype (for me at least). I am completely in love with MMO's again. It's familiar enough to draw me in quickly and interesting enough to hold my attention. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is FUN and the whole experience so far is just completely polished.

Anyway, long story short I think I'm sold. Anyone want to share some tips for a new player? :)

Soroc

Bufbaf said:
FEL3-X23X-CZ3L-9N7H-YY2R
usable 25 times

and
GC9F-WC39-HMXP-ZC76-NTZK
3 uses left :)

have fun, gaf ^^

Used the bolded once! Thanks!

Now where the heck do i get the client. Can't seem to find where to download it on the official site???

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just activated my account as well. I still love WoW but having completed all major content with my main through Catclysm, the lull in having anything of import to work on(aside from Raids/badges/rep grind)is a real sting. Especially without a capable guild.

Never bothered with other MMO's, despite curiosity, but Rift seems like the first real capable one to put a chink in WoW's polished armor. Looking forward to testing it.

Soroc said:
Used the bolded once! Thanks!

Now where the heck do i get the client. Can't seem to find where to download it on the official site???

Badass, I was just talking to my friend about how I wish they had a free trial for this game. I'm going to try to use this code too, hope it works !

Top Bottom