• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy |OT| My Great, Great, Great Uncle Who?

Copenap

Beat the second boss and routinely clear the first two areas. Even cleared the third arey once before beating the second boss. Still feel a bit underpowered though.

demidar

The boss in the Darkness is waaaaaay harder than the final boss, who was very fun to fight. And new game+ is pretty hard as well. At least gold comes flying out of everything.

Darklord

Banned
It said I found a new weapon. An axe. How do I use that? I assume it's not the throwing axe spell because I already had that...or is it?

Danielsan

I'm such a dumb-ass. I didn't realize that the +health, + armor and +strength tabs in the skill tree could be upgraded multiple times. So I had upgraded the skill tree up until the Lich and was wondering why on earth this game was so god damn hard (constantly starting with no more than 150 health).

Deleted my save this morning and started anew. Still hard, but so much more manageable.

ifKnon126DdOg.png

Finally cleared the forest but wiped out on Alexander. All the projectiles panicked me into the exact wrong direction. Best run yet though, hokage is fucking awesome.

Novocaine

The boss in the Darkness is waaaaaay harder than the final boss, who was very fun to fight. And new game+ is pretty hard as well. At least gold comes flying out of everything.

I found him to be super easy. I sort of got lucky though because I
rolled a barb with no foot pulse, so all I did was run along the ground and hack at shit, and use roar whenever it got too crazy.
Even without that though I could have beaten him fairly easily, I was getting really close with other rolls.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Cleared newgame++, decided to try out +++ but it was basically the same with maybe slightly higher enemy stats. I was so used to fighting them now though that before I knew it I had beaten +++ in only 2 characters.

First an assassin that cleaned out the castle and tower and made 300k gold in a single run. I used the money to max my magic attack and then a spellsword with empowered fire shield just destroyed the rest.

I doubt ++++ will be much different so I think I'm done.
Total children: 169
Level 408
Playtime 22 hours.

Cleared newgame++, decided to try out +++ but it was basically the same with maybe slightly higher enemy stats. I was so used to fighting them now though that before I knew it I had beaten +++ in only 2 characters.

First an assassin that cleaned out the castle and tower and made 300k gold in a single run. I used the money to max my magic attack and then a spellsword with empowered fire shield just destroyed the rest.

I doubt ++++ will be much different so I think I'm done.
Total children: 169
Level 408
Playtime 22 hours

unf.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anyone in here playing on Win 8 64-bit? Steam has a warning about it but others have said it works ok.

This is what kind of happened to me as well (it took six chars for my +++ run). You definitely get to a point where the bosses are chumps and the regular mobs are insane, so it is smarter to just clear to each boss, kill it, then attempt to get to the next boss. Grinding for upgrades doesn't do you any good after a certain point, so no reason to repeat areas unless you have to.

Still, the original NG+ and NG++ modes are pretty involving-just don't think I need to go through the game again and again even though it only takes an hour or two tops at this point.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Interesting, when you unlock all the fairy chest runes the fairy chest start dropping permanent stat ups.

slayn

Have you guys seen the Spiketors randomly exploding and dying from time to time? Anyone know what causes that?
If a spiketor bounces too many times in too small a window, it dies. Presumably so that if it gets stuck in a doorway or something it doesn't block your path.

Edgeward

Dammit hitting a wall trying to clear the 3rd area. =(

Doesn't help that I pick miner every chance I get, I can't resist the allure of extra gold

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Dammit hitting a wall trying to clear the 3rd area. =(

Doesn't help that I pick miner every chance I get, I can't resist the allure of extra gold

Upgrade the miner asap. Much more useful when you can see where all the chests and question marks are.

SMgamer83

7:14 with 63 kids for my first clear. Not too shabby if I do say so. Hokage, Paladin, and Barbarians are my favorite. Doing 80 damage a hit (or 150 as a Hokage) is pretty nice.

Ferrio

Banned
Got the forest boss... was overthinking that one. Wanted to go spellsword then wait till there were a ton of skulls then spam the ricochet spell... but never got that particular combo. Finally just went hokage and ran a train over all those little skulls.

lt519

Been playing this non-stop the last two days. Challenging, good sense of humor and fun progression system. Going to try and beat it tonight.

BTW what is foot pulse?

slayn

I thought of one last thing I wanted to do: see how much gold I could get in a single run. No charon's orb or multiple iterations or anything like that. Answer:

gDPYrtll.png

Raxum

I thought of one last thing I wanted to do: see how much gold I could get in a single run. No charon's orb or multiple iterations or anything like that. Answer:

gDPYrtll.png

How? That's insane! Did you clear the whole game for that much?

After watching the Giant Bomb Quicklook and reading this thread, I really want to play this now! Any word on when the Mac version will be released?

Fjordson

This game looks great. Gonna try the demo, just hope it controls okay with M + KB. Seems perfect for a gamepad, but my 360 wired controlled broke a few months ago =[

SethMode

Neo Member
I beat it today. Crazy reading a post that someone beat NG ++ in 22 hours!

I will say this, while I started to see some serious repetition by the end, I beat the game at 24ish hours, so I feel confident in saying 24 hours of any game and you're going to see some repetition. I see repetition in the Binding of Issac after 40 some odd hours (or more).

Anyway, I read some posts a ways back saying they wished there was more variety, and I think that that's a little unfair. That is all.

Jhriad

Does everyone else hate [class]
Dragons
as much as I do? Almost wish I didn't unlock them so they would stop showing up. I'm sure they can do some cool stuff with the right setup but ehhhhhhh

Beat the last three bosses like they were cake with that class. It takes some getting used to but it's pretty great in a lot of situations. The [class]
Lich
however is god awful.

rybrad

I just beat NG+ at level 200 and now I really wish I would have done some grinding before I killed the last boss. The boss was super easy but NG++ is insane and I am taking a big hit on gold per run now.

Jhriad

Final boss has some hit detection problems. It's not uncommon for my spells to go straight through him (not just when he's
in mist form or whatever you'd call that shift
. Then the [boss attack]
swords he calls up from the floor, not the spears, will hit me even when I'm standing in a wide gap and the swords are nowhere near me.

Overall after the second boss the game had already started to feel grindy and by the time you get past them all it doesn't bother to have any pretense at anything other than a massive grind. It was fun to start with but got repetitive way too fast and at this point I'm not sure I'm interested in continuing through multiple NG+.

Top Bottom