• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ? His mum is white and his dad is black.

I know that. Don't you think he looks whitewashed in this picture?
Kinder_Jo_Tsonga.jpg

His usual skin tone:
_53764982_d09_tsongaint.jpg

Similar to how Beyonce changes in some adverts:
2ng4vIc.png

Mimosa97

Apparently there were some boos when Monfils came out and big cheers for Federer. If you can't support your local players, then you don't deserve a French winner.

Parisian crowds are terrible and obnoxious as fuck (and I say this as someone who was born in Paris ) but Monfils is a SUPER star at Roland Garros and the french audience loves him to death so there's no way they would boo him. No. Fucking. way.

Parisian crowds are terrible and obnoxious as fuck (and I say this as someone who was born in Paris ) but Monfils is a SUPER star at Roland Garros and the french audience loves him to death so there's no way they would boo him. No. Fucking. way.

I'm watching on British Eurosport and I'm just repeating what one of the reporters who was courtside when they entered said.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What a bad miss.

Is NBC's feed stuttering every once in awhile for anyone else?

Great first set from Roger.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Watching via Apple TV and it is a bit stuttery. Better than yesterday when it wouldn't work at all though.

Alright, thanks. Wasn't sure if it was just me.

Cool, nice of them to skip a game and a half. Jesus.

Kensuke

Federer somehow can't pierce the Monfils defense as easily anymore. His shots are not as sharp and Monfils might be standing even farther behind the baseline.

Rooting for a Tsonga Monfils semi, that'd be fun.

2nd best matchup would be Fed Nishikori, they've never played in a Slam.

Fed/Tsonga we've seen a bunch, Stan/Nishikori we've seen already, so boo those matchups.

Monfils/Nishikori could be decent fun.

But the tennis gods, let's get Tsonga/Monfils or Fed/Nishikori, anything else will be a disappointment.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nishikori would absolutely slaughter Monfils, it would be brutal. Gael plays so far behind the baseline that someone like Nishikori who comes into the ball so early would be hitting winners left, right and centre.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure Federer actually has a game plan other than "hit to Monfils' backhand, wait for error".

In fairness, it's a working plan right now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
why the fuck is Monfils choosing to engage in BH-FH rallies with Federer? ugh, this is a really low quality match.

Kensuke

Federer pretty much stopped hitting winners. Lots of errors. Monfils is hitting the ball deeper, so he deserves credit for it too.

Kensuke

Can't believe Federer missed that game point. Now he's in serious trouble.

edit:
Totally earned by Monfils. Fed went on the defensive too, which was a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom