• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellycat

Play suspended

Good job Federer in that last game
LLShC.gif

Nishikori would absolutely slaughter Monfils, it would be brutal. Gael plays so far behind the baseline that someone like Nishikori who comes into the ball so early would be hitting winners left, right and centre.

Tactically I could see it unfolding that way, but Monfils even in defeat can be entertaining the way he plays with the crowd.
I'd be cool with Kei winning a 3 set match like that, it'd mean he'd be in the final.
That's still a more interesting scenario than Fed/Tsonga or Stan/Nishikori.

Monfils/Tsonga and Fed/Nishikori are still the most entertaining matchups imo.

Jay Sosa

If RG was pretty much anywhere else, it would have had floodlights, new courts and retractable roofs for years, but nah, it's in the posh, fancy, stuck-up 16th...

good for them. I wouldn't want fucking floodlights ruining my view either.

They could've easily used more courts than just 2..so let's put the blame on those who actually deserve it.

Pacbois

Is it the surrounding communities that are blocking the addition of floodlights?

Pretty much yeah, it's in the richest part of the city, where residents pretty much are against every construction project (for example they're blocking a tram expansion that makes a lot of sense). Also there's a lot of political battles around the expansion of RG, with greens opposing it because they're expanding into old greenhouses and gardens and the right-wing opposition blocking it because it's annoying for the mayor.

It's kind of a clusterfuck, that's why they were thinking about moving the tournament, but the move is to a place far away from the city center.

The Paris bid for the 2024 olympics might help the renovation project but it's still too far away to tell.

Fed needs to close this out. He had that lapse of concentration early in second set that he is prone too since his decline. Rafa is on Lenglen! Now I am really worried. If Sock serves high percentage and plays with tactics (lol) then he has a great shot.

Fed needs to close this out. He had that lapse of concentration early in second set that he is prone too since his decline. Rafa is on Lenglen! Now I am really worried. If Sock serves high percentage and plays with tactics (lol) then he has a great shot.

Sock has a great opportunity to make history. He could put himself along side Soderling as the only man to defeat Rafa at RG

MIMIC

Banned
Just looked at the schedule. ALL of the big names are playing @_@

Serena, Sharapova, Djokovic, Nadal, Federer & Murray

Dispatch

I'm up to get ready for work, watching a few minutes of the Sharapova match, which is highly entertaining, and I'm completely distracted by ALL THOSE EMPTY SEATS!

Kensuke

If Nadal were to somehow lose today, he would be out of the top 10. Pretty crazy. Not going to happen against Sock though.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Bye bye Sharapova, she will probably drop a couple of place now on the WTA ranking.

But Lucie was amazing, some great points, she controlled the rally's a lot more as Sharapova

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Gael trying to break himself. Look how many times Federer will hit it to his backhand, then, despite having a relatively open court particularly on the ad-side, Monfils will choose to rally back cross court with his backhand into Federer's forehand. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He was doing it yesterday and he hasn't learnt.

Kensuke

Federer got the break. I was worried, because he started to get into long rallies again. He needs to be aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom