• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oare

Come on Jo, chill out, have a Kinder.

Kinder_Jo_Tsonga.jpg

Oh, so that's what he's choking on?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I tuned in towards the end of the rant, but he basically complained about it and then explained how it affected the draw.

I have a feeling he wouldn't have complained if he ended up in Murray or Berdych's sections.

Kensuke

Tsonga lost his patience and is now making a ton of errors. Almost behind a double break. It would be terrible is he somehow lost this match.

Niraj

Even if he loses, it still won't be as depressing as 2012.

Meanwhile, Stan is crushing Simon.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I leave at 5*-4, come back, find Tsonga is in a 4th set.

smh

szaromir

Banned
Even if he loses, it still won't be as depressing as 2012.
Djokovic played like a possessed man on those match points, then it started raining so the conditions suited Djokovic and his pushing style more than they did Jo-Willy.

Heh, Tsonga still might win it in 4. But that extra set played means we won't see (the conclusion of) Monfils-Federer today. :(

Niraj

Djokovic played like a possessed man on those match points, then it started raining so the conditions suited Djokovic and his pushing style more than they did Jo-Willy.

Heh, Tsonga still might win it in 4. But that extra set played means we won't see (the conclusion of) Monfils-Federer today. :(

Still depressing :p

And yeah Berdych totally collapsed.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tsonga and Monfils are such gentlemen. Winning two sets and up a break? Crowd clearly hasn't had enough entertainment, generously tank a set to give them more satisfaction.

Also, Simon is losing to Wawrinka so Monfils will lose to Federer. It is known.

Kensuke

The moist and slow court obviously favors Monfils. There is no way Federer will underestimate him after the last few losses though. Should be interesting.

Also, Nishikori clinches No. 4 in the world now that Berdych lost (was already pretty much a sure thing).

szaromir

Banned
Tsonga and Monfils are such gentlemen. Winning two sets and up a break? Crowd clearly hasn't had enough entertainment, generously tank a set to give them more satisfaction.

Also, Simon is losing to Wawrinka so Monfils will lose to Federer. It is known.

Shit, I haven't noticed there's a possibility of a Monfils-Simon match. Their AO match was legendary.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I haven't noticed there's a possibility of a Monfils-Simon match. Their AO match was legendary.

They meet disproportionately often, I'm sure. Third most disproportionate lesser-ranked matching after Kohli-Isner and the infamous Berdych-Kanderson.

mcfrank

Why even bother starting at all? Can they just postpone it till tomorrow?

Possible they can get a set in which takes some pressure off the schedule tomorrow. They already postponed the final matches of the day on every court until tomorrow, so it will be a packed day.

Apparently there were some boos when Monfils came out and big cheers for Federer. If you can't support your local players, then you don't deserve a French winner.

Pacbois

Apparently there were some boos when Monfils came out and big cheers for Federer. If you can't support your local players, then you don't deserve a French winner.

Hmm maybe the boos were coming from a few Swiss supporters ? Monfils is super popular, there's no reason for booing him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This the French Open, I'm not actually sure how much of the audience is French; it has a strong international draw. Certainly, it'll have a large enough clan of Federer fanatics to boo Monfils.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just think how good a player Monfils would be if he didn't stand 2 metres behind the base-line every single stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom