• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaromir

Banned
Most Federer fans hate Nadal because 14 is a scarily close number to 17. They usually like Djokovic because 8 is a much smaller number than 17 and it stops 14 getting bigger. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The last time Djoker stopped Nadal was such a long time ago it might as well never happened. Djokovic's H2H in majors is (almost) as lopsided as Federer's. If anything, Djokovic won more majors at expense of Roger than at expense of Rafa.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The last time Djoker stopped Nadal was such a long time ago it might as well never happened. Djokovic's H2H in majors is (almost) as lopsided as Federer's. If anything, Djokovic won more majors at expense of Roger than at expense of Rafa.

I didn't say people were being logical about it.

Peru

I think both Ivanovic and Safarova in current form can put up a good fight against Serena. Famous last words, of course.

Did NOT realize Ivanovic now makes her first slam semi since 2008. Wow. Making the final will be harder.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Who is showing the Tsonga/Nishikori match?

ESPN isn't, NBC isn't and TC is showing the women's QF

Eurosport 2 is, if you can find a stream.

Safarova-Muguruza's first set was fantastic. Best set I've seen in a long time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Polnareff looking to make mincemeat of Jotaro here - an unlikely turn of events.

Who is showing the Tsonga/Nishikori match?

ESPN isn't, NBC isn't and TC is showing the women's QF

This is why I don't like when TC has the coverage, they just show whatever and they'll only be showing one court obviously, jumping around, whereas if ESPN has coverage, all courts are available on ESPN3 no matter what the actual TV broadcast is doing. (TC offers this too but you have to pay for it, and with almost all of every slam + the Masters events being available on ESPN, I'm not going to pay TC for a few matches during the year)

All that said, it does seem like ESPN3 might keep streaming Suzanne Lenglen, so if TC switches over to Philippe Chatrier this could work out. Maybe we'll find out if they ever stop showing commercials, their stupid desk report, more commercials @_@

#firstworldproblems

If Mugu can make her serve a little bit more of a weapon, she should be able to take that next step into the top 10. Also could use a little bit of that Sharapova mental toughness, but that comes with experience. She missed some break point chances, and let a few errors/points she should have won snowball into more missed opportunities.

Great tournament though, and looking forward to seeing how she bounces back at Wimbledon. And kudos to Safarova for playing brilliant tennis.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
No one is streaming the Tsonga match online? WTF man.

:(

They 100% will be. Try European streaming sites, as the match is on Eurosport 2 right now.

Not that I in any way advocate or condone streaming, obviously.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Robotkori cannot cope with the wind. He genuinely looks like he's malfunctioning. Pretty low quality match so far, all Tsonga has to do is hit a reasonably powerful forehand and Nishikori will hit it off the court.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Tsonga serves out this set, Nishikori will have won 1 point on his own second serve in the entire set.

:|

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nishikori already has 16 errors and we're only at 6-1 1-0. This is one of the worst performances by a top seed I have ever seen. Normally I enjoy Tsonga matches, but I'm switching to Wawrinka-Federer because this is not a pleasant match to watch.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tsonga-Stan would indeed be incredible. I'd love that as a semi-final. They're actualy 3-3 head to head - Stan 3-2 on clay, Tsonga 1-0 on hard.

Simplet

Tsonga-Wawrinka would be the best possible matchup, every match they ever played was a classic, especially here. They had two amazing 5 setters in two consecutive years some time ago.

edit : only the DC match last year was a bit of a dud, Tsonga was slightly injured I believe

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In other news, I found out that Nadal is 87-1 in Bo5 on clay. I mean, you know he's dominant but christ, that's just ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom