• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tsonga handing out bakery products like he kneads the dough.

EDIT: until he chokes, that is

MIMIC

Banned
Going forward, yes. But what he has already achieved makes for a tremendous legacy and you can't ignore that. Djokovic still has to lift some more trophies to match that legacy, that's why he's under more pressure for me.

lol, huh? I never even spoke to any of this. But yes: Nadal could retire today and would be top 5 all time in most eyes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, what a shitty construction. Give the Grand Slam to Germany already!
please, so jelly

At least the French have the players to back it. Germany's top player is a living fossil.

Pacbois

There's a lot of wind in Paris right now, though nothing crazy. I think those screens are quite recent right ?

10 minutes delay.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
There's a lot of wind in Paris right now, though nothing crazy. I think those screens are quite recent right ?

10 minutes delay.

I've got a friend who's been to RG and he says the PC stadium especially acts as a giant wind funnel. A small breeze outside becomes pretty strong inside.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, the Stan-Fed match is better than the Kei-Tsonga one (not hard), but it isn't the highest quality match either. Federer netting a lot of balls he'd normally make, and I say that as someone who isn't a fan (you'd never guess, I know).

Kensuke

Stan is playing some ridiculous tennis, he deserved the first set.

Very disappointing performance by Nishikori. I've never seen him play that badly. Total off-day.

Kensuke

Play still suspended for the Nis - Tso match. Amateur hour. I wonder if it will affect the match at all. Maybe Nishikori can benefit from this break and think about how to fight himself back into the match.

Pacbois

Play still suspended for the Nis - Tso match. Amateur hour. I wonder if it will affect the match at all. Maybe Nishikori can benefit from this break and think about how to fight himself back into the match.

They're on their way out, but they'll have a ~5 mins warmup before starting back. They're apparently re-opening the closed section of the stadium.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's not necessarily that Stan's hits are powerful, it's that because the wind is particularly strong, strong hits have higher accuracy relative to other shots than they normally do as the wind doesn't catch them as much. Meanwhile, Federer's usual finesse is just blown all over the place. The conditions are seriously favouring Stan right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom