• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tsonga will need to play peak Stronga to beat Nishikori. He'll need to push Nishikori away from the baseline, never an easy proposition. First two sets didn't really count, Nishikori wasn't there. Now he is, and the Frenchman has a real proposition in his hands.

Here's what happend, apparently nobody was seriously hurt.

http://gfycat.com/WelltodoElaborateArkshell

It's a miracle considering it was literally (pigeon) spikes that fell on the crowd.

CGgRAz9UQAA8itz.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Those are just pigeon wires. They're more like stiff hairs than anything else, super bendy. Unless you took one to the eye, it's not going to do much.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tsonga's 3 out of 16 on BPs. That's Federeresque.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nishikori showing his US Open 5-set win guts. He can do this.

This has nothing to do with guts. Tsonga should never have been 2 sets ahead in the first place, Nishikori just didn't show up.

Those are actually hobo wires. With the advent of parkour in Paris, the homeless population is very docile so they had to get creative to curb this problem.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Tsonga can win. He's very unlikely to break Nishikori. His best hope was taking the 4th set to 6-6 and clinching a tie break. I'd say Nishikori is now the clear, clear favourite.

Kensuke

This has nothing to do with guts. Tsonga should never have been 2 sets ahead in the first place, Nishikori just didn't show up.

Right, but he endured many break points at 4-4 in the third set. A break there would have been the end of the match. He's shown not to be a mental midget and that he will hang in there no matter what.

He really woke up after that incident with the screen.

LOL at the French commentator blaming the incident that happened earlier for Tsonga's demise.
He also said it had lasted an hour. Fucking moron.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tsonga 3/17 on BP now.

I'm going to have a quiet cry.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's a bit concerning when a lot of people expect you to lose when you're up 2-0 in sets

And they might not even be wrong

It's not that concerning, in fairness to Tsonga. He was only ever ahead because Kei's form was absolutely horrific. Kei is a very difficult opponent for Tsonga because of how solid his backhand is. I didn't say I thought Kei would win because I thought Tsonga would choke, I said it because Kei was coming back into form.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
STRONGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

admittedly mostly from Kei errors but

STRONGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be completely honest: I'm a massive Tsonga fan, but he didn't win this match, Kei lost it. But, a semi is a semi, so allez Jo!

Kensuke

Damn Kei, next time please show up from the start.

I don't think Tsonga can beat Djoker, even in stronga mode. Djoker's defense is just too good. Wawrinka has a better shot imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom