• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Tsonga, but if you make it to the final and just fold over completely to whoever is meeting you there, I'll hate you forever :<

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
fuck me Tsonga is stacked

is it even useful to have that much muscle as a tennis player?

szaromir

Banned
ROLAND JE T'AIME

and a heart, which he lay in. If Djokovic beats Nadal and Tsonga beats Wawrinka, Tsonga is back in the top ten. That'd make me super happy.
This Stronga vs Stanimal match is going to answer the questions posed earlier in this thread :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This Stronga vs Stanimal match is going to answer the questions posed earlier in this thread :p

I mean, not really. Tsonga is long past his peak and Stanimal is right in the middle of his right now. I fully expect Wawrinka to win. That doesn't mean Stanimal is the better player at their best.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Djokovic wins tomorrow, he will have become the player with the earliest qualification for the WTF (or WTF equivalent) ever. Really stresses how dominantly he has started this year.

MIMIC

Banned
If Djokovic wins tomorrow, he will have become the player with the earliest qualification for the WTF (or WTF equivalent) ever. Really stresses how dominantly he has started this year.

He did that in 2011, IIRC. I think he qualified well before the French.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He did that in 2011, IIRC. I think he qualified well before the French.

You're right. Figured out that the article I was reading meant earliest in terms of matches - he qualified in Rome in 2011, but had played more matches than this time because this year he skipped Madrid. Presumably because Slams give more points than Masters. Either way, Novak proving that the first half of the year is his.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I am upset by the fact there are not more people rooting for Tsonga in his home slam. ;_;

Just had a look at the ATP race and wow Rafa's points are low - he's gonna get another dodgy seeding at Wimbledon, making the draw interesting again. Nole will cruise to his 4th year end #1 if he avoids injury. Murray might be a year-end #2 by default at this rate. If Rafa doesn't win the French I can only see Wawrinka stopping him.

I'd like to see Tsonga win but I fear he'll fall away in the final under the intense pressure, while Stan will prove a real challenge to whoever gets through from the top half. In a dream world, I'd like Ferrer to win. Murray is my favourite player but I don't see him winning RG unless he gets a fluke draw (there's a reason he's never beat Ferrer, Berdych or Wawrinka on the red stuff, and hadn't won a clay title till this year), so I'll cheer Rafa.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Nadal's Wimbledon seeding will be dodgy at all when his last few results are 2R, 1R, 4R. That's the performance you'd expect from a player outside the seeds altogether.

MIMIC

Banned
I am upset by the fact there are not more people rooting for Tsonga in his home slam. ;_;

I don't think many people expected him to do well here. It seemed like he was on a downward spiral, and he was pretty much an afterthought.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think many people expected him to do well here. It seemed like he was on a downward spiral, and he was pretty much an afterthought.

Surely that means there's all the more reason to cheer for him? Possibly the greatest player never to win a slam of the last decade (I will bitch-slap anyone who suggests Nalbandian; will take Ferrer or Berdych as alternates) in a glorious final run at his home slam, and the ratio of Kei:Tsonga supporters earlier was like 4:1. wuh? We might never see Tsonga at this level again, this needs more love. ;_;

sam777

Nervous about tomorrow, hopefully Nadal will come through but it will no doubt be a stuggle.

If Nadal does lose then I would like to see Wawrinka win it.

Diamond

Surely that means there's all the more reason to cheer for him? Possibly the greatest player never to win a slam of the last decade (I will bitch-slap anyone who suggests Nalbandian; will take Ferrer or Berdych as alternates) in a glorious final run at his home slam, and the ratio of Kei:Tsonga supporters earlier was like 4:1. wuh? We might never see Tsonga at this level again, this needs more love. ;_;

Bitch slap me then, when I say both Nalbandian and Davydenko deserved it more than Ferrer and Berdych. I dare you. ;-)

Although, for once, I completely agree with you on Tsonga. He's a fantastic player. I've followed his career since the juniors here in France, and it's really nice to see him score great victories like today. Moreso because he hasn't always been well considered by the french public, who reacts well when he wins (of course) but sometimes had awful and, IMO, underserved reactions when he lost (in the Davis Cup final last year for instance).

Hope for a great match against Wawrinka, I'm happy with either of the two making the final. They both would make a great Roland Garros winner, they have refreshing playstyles. However I fear the other, more classical, side of the draw will be very hard to overcome.

MIMIC

Banned

I guess.

I don't particularly care for hm tho =p

You have a fifty percent chance of having a boy or a girl..... It's not a shiny Ponytail or something

Well in China due to the one child policy and prenatal gender testing.....you know what, I don't want to get into it, its too depressing. Just know that there are more than 50 million more men than women in China, yet worldwide women outnumber men.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i'm as big a federer fangurl as they come, but i got to be honest: i would rather see the spanish roid bull win than the cheap balkan g.i. joe knock-off.

surprised if djokovic drops even a set, though. first set is a must win for nadal or it's over.

scarlet

i'm as big a federer fangurl as they come, but i got to be honest: i would rather see the spanish roid bull win than the cheap balkan g.i. joe knock-off.

surprised if djokovic drops even a set, though. first set is a must win for nadal or it's over.

John Dunbar
correct about everything

Should hopefully see Tsonga at the Nottingham Open semis in a few weeks. My first live tennis. Cant wait.

Enjoy it! My first was the WTA Final in Singapore between Serena vs Halep. I almost cry when I saw Serena my idol since like17 years ago!

Currently watching the Trophy of legends, Chang/Ivanisevic - Santoro/Grosjean.
So funny.

And boy when they get serious, they strike hard, especially Ivanisevic and his serve.

Ricker

In before the ''are the women match over so we can see Nadal'' posts... ;)

Let's see if Serena does her wounded puppy act in the first set ;)

Ricker

No problems today for Serena in the first set lol...done in 27 minutes...Errani really doesnt hit that ball hard right now,makes me wonder why she made it this far.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
the commentator said errani had to move to spain because the italian tennis authorities didn't give her any support. if they based their decision on anything like this match, you can't really blame them.

MIMIC

Banned
Serena: "Can I get a ball???"

UhoBj5g.gif
UhoBj5g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom