• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

If I remember correctly, Azarenka choked it away. She was up 6-5 40-0 on her serve and couldn't close the match lol

She was.

Vika and Cornet seems to be Serena's nightmares

LMAO that would explain it.

Anyway, ESPN has posted its experts' picks: http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/12801336/experts-picks-french-open

Men
Winner: Djokovic (7), Nadal (2), Murray (1), Federer (1)
Dark Horse: Fognini (3), Kyrgios (2), Agut (2), Goffin (1), Mayer (1), Thiem (1), Gasquet (1)

Women
Winner: Halep (5), Sharapova (4), Serena (2)
Dark Horse: Kuznetsova (4), Azarenka (2), Garcia (2), Muguruza (1), Lisicki (1)

As much as I want Halep to win her 1st slam, she hasn't reach that level of consistency for a gs champion. Like Ana.

I was surprised how many ESPN "experts" chose Halep to win. Clayrapova will probably beat her in the semis. But who knows, maybe team Adidas is going to play out of their minds at the French

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
As much as I want Halep to win her 1st slam, she hasn't reach that level of consistency for a gs champion. Like Ana.

She really seems prone to having bizarre matches where it seems like she wants to be anywhere but there. It's very perplexing.

Peru

Alright, we're underway. Thank god there's a separate window slamtracker for RG so I don't have to use their provocation of a website.

Ok I caved and got a month of Eurosport player. It's good they have all the TV courts available.

LuuKyK

Well it started.

smell-the-shit.gif

Halep's game is so boring to watch, yikes.

Youzhny needs to retire, seriously.

Also just realized Ivanovic's outfit is literally the same as the ballgirls. lol

Ricker

Alright, we're underway. Thank god there's a separate window slamtracker for RG so I don't have to use their provocation of a website.

Ok I caved and got a month of Eurosport player. It's good they have all the TV courts available.

Thinking of doing something like this also...right now on TSN up here in Canada they have live coverage,probably ESPN feeds,on 2 of their 5 channels...theres about 6 matches going on right now and those idiots are showing the same match on both channels...pisses me off.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Smellycat

Yeah that selfie kid incident is not funny or cool. It is quite alarming and I understand why Federer was upset. This happened to him at the 2009 FO too and in both cases the security took forever to apprehend the intruders. What if someone decides to bring a gun or a knife? Smh

oti

Banned
I wonder how this whole "the French are the worst GS crowd" thing started. Now people expect them to be that, it's their thing.

szaromir

Banned
All of the 14 concluded matches on the men's side have been straight-setters. Only two more matches to finish, Johnson-GGL which is in its 4th set and Sela-Kukushkin which can still finish in straight sets. What an epic day at Roland Garros.

Uzzy

There's a relief, Lisicki takes the first set 6-3. Maybe she won't crash out too early this year!

lol watching her can be the best and worst thing ever. At least she (occasionally) shines at Wimbledon. Watching her in the final a few years back was absolutely miserable :lol

Too right. She'll play amazing tennis to stage an amazing comeback against Serena Williams one day, then look as if she's only just picked up a racket the next. That final was painful.

Edit: And Lisicki wraps up the second set 6-2. Good stuff.

Pacbois

ffs Simon is playing terribly.

Also they really need to modernise Roland Garros, at least a retractable roof like at Wimbledon. Basically some people wanted the open to move next to Disneyland but that's pretty much way too far from the city center. Meanwhile expanding Roland Garros is blocked by a shitload of lawsuits and we're still stuck with old stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom