• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Genie is at it again. Maria better watch out.

Acapulco2014TuesdayDimitrovFeature_zps20059ac2.gif

Is this for real or some photoshop wizardry...? guess the latter lol...

jett

D-Member
If Nadal wins RG this year, then tennis just needs to be fucking cancelled. He is simply just not playing good enough to win a major, PERIOD. Even on clay.

Nadal seems semi-retired already. Maybe he should make it official.

szaromir

Banned
Nadal seems semi-retired already. Maybe he should make it official.
Uncle Toni won't let him, not this close to Roger's record.

Dolgopolov of course had to braincramp on 6-6 in the tie-breaker. :/ Good luck Almugro in your next round.

Ricker

Nope,Bouchard is going to lose again...same way she is playing since after the AO open...UE all over the place.

Diamond

Haha, just read this (in french) on the feed I'm following at work : "Djokovic wins his serve with an ace and a smash. Nieminen will now serve for the match." They're so excited they forgot it's only one set. :)

Of course Novak won't lose this but it shows everybody else there's something to exploit. The fear of the career slam is real.

MIMIC

Banned
Hahaha if Federer got Nieminen you'd cry about easy draws for him.

Falla's highest ranking was 48
Nieminen's was 12

Falla isn't even in the top 100 right now.
Nieminen is 77

If Djokovic got Falla and Federer got Nieminen, no I wouldn't.

szaromir

Banned
Falla's highest ranking was 48
Nieminen's was 12

Falla isn't even in the top 100 right now.
Nieminen is 77

If Djokovic got Falla and Federer got Nieminen, no I wouldn't.

If the draw was reversed, you'd bring the fact that Fed-Nieminen H2H and that Falla pushed Fed quite hard on some occasions.

MIMIC

Banned
If the draw was reversed, you'd bring the fact that Fed-Nieminen H2H and that Falla pushed Fed quite hard on some occasions.

LOL, you are really reaching.

And you want to talk about draws? Federer doesn't have to play Nadal/Murray/Djokovic until the FINAL. Please don't act like this is some super hard tournament for him and a cakewalk for Novak.

And you want to talk about draws? Federer doesn't have to play Nadal/Murray/Djokovic until the FINAL. Please don't act like this is some super hard tournament for him and a cakewalk for Novak.

Yeah, but Djokovic doesn't have to play Djokovic so Djokovic has the easiest draw

scarlet

i'm guessing you don't follow football, because it's been done for years, and i'm pretty sure in other sports as well

American football or American soccer?

If it's soccer I actually watch them too, but I never read that you can choose.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Uncle Toni won't let him, not this close to Roger's record.

Dolgopolov of course had to braincramp on 6-6 in the tie-breaker. :/ Good luck Almugro in your next round.

Yeah pretty disappointing for Dolgopolov. I like him.

MIMIC is to blame.

I've personally adopted this as my mantra.

You can do that?

It was foretold eons ago that the chosen butt picker with the power to mold his fate would arrive someday. We are living in fabled times. #blessed

Hahaha if Federer got Nieminen you'd cry about easy draws for him.

lol

szaromir

Banned

We were talking about the 1st round thus far. And deal with it, Nieminen, although a talented shotmaker, is way past his prime at 33yo. and clay is his by far worst surface. And yes, crying that only Novak gets tough draws is ridiculous, Jarkko happened to play decent for a stretch in the second set but there's no anti-Djokovic conspiracy. Certainly there wasn't any when he was drawing Ferrer all the time in 2012-2014 when David was #4 seed in majors.

Specifically about Federer's draw, he might make the final or he might crash before the quarters. He'll likely play Monfils in the 4th round. Lamonf beat him in 3 of the last 4 matches and had match points in the one he lost.

miserable

American football or American soccer?

If it's soccer I actually watch them too, but I never read that you can choose.

i'm talking about soccer, for example Mourinho while he was managing Real Madrid specifically asked for a referee to not officiate any of Madrid's matches while he was there

also in my country's league these "requests" have been going on for some years

Peru

Mladenovic was obvious danger for a Bouchard, nevermind one who's out of it. Don't think it's according to plan at all, but might need an off-season to turn things around. Maybe grass will do it.

scarlet

Mladenovic was obvious danger for a Bouchard, nevermind one who's out of it. Don't think it's according to plan at all, but might need an off-season to turn things around. Maybe grass will do it.

Sarcasm -_-"

Well we have to remember that she had relatively easy draws on all GS last year.

But yeah, she declines a lot from late 2014.

MIMIC

Banned
We were talking about the 1st round thus far. And deal with it, Nieminen, although a talented shotmaker, is way past his prime at 33yo. and clay is his by far worst surface. And yes, crying that only Novak gets tough draws is ridiculous, Jarkko happened to play decent for a stretch in the second set but there's no anti-Djokovic conspiracy. Certainly there wasn't any when he was drawing Ferrer all the time in 2012-2014 when David was #4 seed in majors.

OK, now you're just making up things. Nobody was "crying" that Djokovic gets tough draws. I WELCOME a tough draw for Novak because he has the ability to come through; he earns his majors. He doesn't need someone to knock out his toughest opponent in order to win something. Never has, never will.

And Nieminen being "well past his prime" is so completely and utterly irrelevant and is such a lazy cop out. He's ranked higher than Falla who is younger. So, if super old, super irrelevant, and super wayyyyyyyy past his prime Nieminen is playing better tennis than Falla, what does that say about Falla?

Not to mention that Falla LOST IN QUALIFICATIONS. Federer's opponent couldn't even get into the main draw on his own. His ranking is so poor that he had to play his way into it, and he couldn't even do that.

Peru

Sarcasm -_-"

Well we have to remember that she had relatively easy draws on all GS last year.

But yeah, she declines a lot from late 2014.

I didn't think you meant that, I was just referencing the team saying this year isn't important. Clearly they're trying to get her to play well but it might not happen this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom